KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Anime / Manga » Anime 'Versus' Forum » Gohan (ToP arc) vs Future Trunks (Black arc)

Gohan (ToP arc) vs Future Trunks (Black arc)
Started by: Interneton

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Interneton

Gohan (ToP arc) vs Future Trunks (Black arc)

No SSJ Rage form for Trunks. Who wins?

Old Post Nov 28th, 2017 12:33 AM
Interneton is currently offline Click here to Send Interneton a Private Message Find more posts by Interneton Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

By 'rage form', I assume you mean that Future Trunks cannot use his 'Ikari' SSJ2?

Especially with that stip in place, Gohan should stomp. Not only was he stated/implied to be back at his previous 'Mystic' levels of power, but the anime depicted him as substantially more powerful nowadays, imo. For example: in DBS ep. 90, an angry/serious Gohan was throwing fisticuffs with MSSB Goku shockingly well(and Goku was implied to be taking the fight very seriously, btw -- even using MSSB+KK to end it.)

Conversely, in the manga Goku stated that baseline SSJ2 Trunks was stronger than [Cell-era] Gohan. This is only important because the very fact that Cell-era Gohan was used as a measuring stick in the first place implies...to me at least...that baseline SSJ2 Trunks is somewhere *around* that level(albeit more powerful.) And if that is indeed the case, then he wouldn't even be in the same ballpark as Boo-era Mystic Gohan -- let alone current Gohan.

Tbh, if we take Goku's statement at face value, then SSJ2 Trunks would fall somewhere between Boo-era SSJ3 Goku and SSJ2 Majin Vegeta. IMHO.

*All of that being said, it is still ridiculously hard to scale DBS with any sort of accuracy(even at this level), due to its WILD inconsistencies... So take everything I said with a grain of salt.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Last edited by Galan007 on Nov 28th, 2017 at 02:46 AM

Old Post Nov 28th, 2017 02:34 AM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Gohan gets to go Mystic but Trunks can’t use his best form? That’s real fair.

That rule aside, I would still probably give it to SSJ Rage Trunks, at least until Gohan gets better feats in the future to prove otherwise.

Old Post Nov 28th, 2017 03:12 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Damborgson
King of the Damboys

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Galan007
By 'rage form', I assume you mean that Future Trunks cannot use his 'Ikari' SSJ2?

Especially with that stip in place, Gohan should stomp. Not only was he stated/implied to be back at his previous 'Mystic' levels of power, but the anime depicted him as substantially more powerful nowadays, imo. For example: in DBS ep. 90, an angry/serious Gohan was throwing fisticuffs with MSSB Goku shockingly well(and Goku was implied to be taking the fight very seriously, btw -- even using MSSB+KK to end it.)

Conversely, in the manga Goku stated that baseline SSJ2 Trunks was stronger than [Cell-era] Gohan. This is only important because the very fact that Cell-era Gohan was used as a measuring stick in the first place implies...to me at least...that baseline SSJ2 Trunks is somewhere *around* that level(albeit more powerful.) And if that is indeed the case, then he wouldn't even be in the same ballpark as Boo-era Mystic Gohan -- let alone current Gohan.

Tbh, if we take Goku's statement at face value, then SSJ2 Trunks would fall somewhere between Boo-era SSJ3 Goku and SSJ2 Majin Vegeta. IMHO.

*All of that being said, it is still ridiculously hard to scale DBS with any sort of accuracy(even at this level), due to its WILD inconsistencies... So take everything I said with a grain of salt.

By rage boost, he means the glowing blue aura that allowed him to keep up a bit with Black and Zamasu in the anime.

The one you're talking about from the manga should be allowed, but would still lose. Rage Trunks is hard to say.

What fight was that? The one I watched showed Gohan being unable to even keep up with SSJ2 Goku. He even got classic blitzed by Goku in that form. Anything above that was merely a showing of respect to his son, and at the moment, Gohan doesnt really have anything to the contrary to prove otherwise.

-Abhi Killer- X2

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f105/t655309.html

Old Post Nov 28th, 2017 04:44 AM
Damborgson is currently offline Click here to Send Damborgson a Private Message Find more posts by Damborgson Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Interneton

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Gohan gets to go Mystic but Trunks can’t use his best form? That’s real fair.

That rule aside, I would still probably give it to SSJ Rage Trunks, at least until Gohan gets better feats in the future to prove otherwise.

I figured it would be fair, because Trunks in his SSJ2 form appeared to be SSB level after training with his father, at least in the anime. He appeared to be holding his own against SSR Black and Zamasu alongside SSB Goku initially. Currently, Gohan in his Mystic form can only trade blows with an improved (after months of mental training) Golden Frieza briefly. So, I didn't think it'd be one-sided.

Old Post Nov 28th, 2017 05:08 AM
Interneton is currently offline Click here to Send Interneton a Private Message Find more posts by Interneton Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by Damborgson
The one you're talking about from the manga should be allowed, but would still lose. Rage Trunks is hard to say.
SSJ ikari and the rage/anger boost you guys are referring to are one in the same(ie. this form):
(please log in to view the image)

Anything above that was merely a showing of respect to his son, and at the moment, Gohan doesnt really have anything to the contrary to prove otherwise.
Watch the episode again.

At the beginning of their fight, Gohan was holding back and Goku knew it -- that's why SSJ2 Goku kept pushing him into unleashing more power. Once Gohan got serious/angry, however, and actually began using his full power, Goku started taking the fight seriously as well -- that's why he powered up to SSB(and then SSB+KK) in the first place... And when Goku was SSB, a serious/angry Gohan was able to [at least briefly] trade blows with him quite well all things considered. Suffice to say, the strong implication is that neither were holding back at that point, imo.

Conversely, even SSJ2 Ikari Trunks was one-shotted by SSG Goku in the manga. /shrug

Last edited by Galan007 on Nov 28th, 2017 at 05:17 AM

Old Post Nov 28th, 2017 05:12 AM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Damborgson
King of the Damboys

Originally posted by Galan007
SSJ ikari and the rage/anger boost you guys are referring to are one in the same(ie. this form):
(please log in to view the image)

Watch the episode again.

At the beginning of their fight, Gohan was holding back and Goku knew it -- that's why SSJ2 Goku kept pushing him into unleashing more power. Once Gohan got serious/angry, however, and actually began using his full power, Goku started taking the fight seriously as well -- that's why he powered up to SSB(and then SSB+KK) in the first place... And when Goku was SSB, a serious/angry Gohan was able to [at least briefly] trade blows with him quite well all things considered. Suffice to say, the strong implication is that neither were holding back at that point, imo.

Conversely, even SSJ2 Ikari Trunks was one-shotted by SSG Goku in the manga. /shrug

Was this confirmed somewhere? Because I see no reason for that to be true. The manga and the anime often follow different directions, and the manga power up Trunks received is fairly similar to Vegetas power boost against Beerus, but looks substantially different than the anime transformation.

Sure, but in order for that to matter at all Gohan would have to be using such a low amount of his power that it would be unrealistic given the boost Goku receives when he enters Blue. Just look by comparison, Goku was getting stomped by Toppo in SSJ2, but once he entered Blue, he was far and away stronger.

He may have not given absolute 100% the entire fight against Goku, but there's no way he was holding back so much that their brief exchange of fists was anything more than Goku's nod to Gohan. And then when we take into consideration how well Krillen, 17, Kale, etc., did against Goku, it's clear there was a little leeway for characters to not get auto stomped by his form.

-Abhi Killer- X2

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f105/t655309.html

Old Post Nov 28th, 2017 06:23 AM
Damborgson is currently offline Click here to Send Damborgson a Private Message Find more posts by Damborgson Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Was this confirmed somewhere?
That SSJ Ikari = Trunks' rage/anger form? Yes, it's a fact - just Google it.

Sure, but in order for that to matter at all Gohan would have to be using such a low amount of his power that it would be unrealistic given the boost Goku receives when he enters Blue. Just look by comparison, Goku was getting stomped by Toppo in SSJ2, but once he entered Blue, he was far and away stronger.
That WAS the implication, though. Gohan was holding back initially out of habit or w/e, but Goku finally goaded him into unleashing his full power. When Gohan got serious/angry, Goku also began taking the fight seriously. *enter SSB, and SSB+KK*

You're acting like we've never seen a character in DB crank the dials past 11 when the need arises... Gohan is practically the poster-child for that sort of thing, lol -- always has been.

He may have not given absolute 100% the entire fight against Goku, but there's no way he was holding back so much that their brief exchange of fists was anything more than Goku's nod to Gohan.
Like I said: watch the episode again, because the implication is that neither were holding back. The implication is that Gohan is just THAT powerful when he cuts loose(which also coincides with Piccolo's previous statement that even Gohan's DBS-era Mystic self hadn't even began to scratch the surface of his potential.)

It was definitely a moment for Gohan to shine, but honestly, nothing alludes to SSB Goku pulling his punches out of 'respect' or w/e(from a Saiyan's perspective that would actually be disrespectful, tbh.)

Old Post Nov 28th, 2017 03:11 PM