KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Anime / Manga » Anime 'Versus' Forum » SSJ Goku on Namek vs. Hal Jordan

SSJ Goku on Namek vs. Hal Jordan
Started by: The Ellimist

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
The Ellimist
The Shadow

SSJ Goku on Namek vs. Hal Jordan

Who wins

Old Post Feb 12th, 2018 06:41 AM
The Ellimist is currently offline Click here to Send The Ellimist a Private Message Find more posts by The Ellimist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

Hal.

”You presume limits to my power. There are none.”

Old Post Feb 12th, 2018 06:46 AM
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ is currently offline Click here to Send XSUPREMEXSKILLZ a Private Message Find more posts by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Damborgson
King of the Damboys

Mr. Jordan

-Abhi Killer- X2

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f105/t655309.html

Old Post Feb 12th, 2018 07:12 AM
Damborgson is currently offline Click here to Send Damborgson a Private Message Find more posts by Damborgson Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deronn Solo
King Yami

Jordan SLAUGHTERHOUSE.

Old Post Feb 12th, 2018 12:27 PM
Deronn Solo is currently offline Click here to Send Deronn Solo a Private Message Find more posts by Deronn Solo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Goku stomps.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Feb 12th, 2018 12:50 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bbrem123

Goku

Old Post Feb 12th, 2018 03:08 PM
bbrem123 is currently offline Click here to Send bbrem123 a Private Message Find more posts by bbrem123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SSJGGogeta

SSJ Namek Goku.

He's faster, stronger, and arguably more durable than Hal. Not to mention that yellow light is a weakness of the GLC.

"Why is everybody so ****ing stupid?"- Kim Jong Il, Team America.

Old Post Feb 13th, 2018 12:59 AM
SSJGGogeta is currently offline Click here to Send SSJGGogeta a Private Message Find more posts by SSJGGogeta Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deronn Solo
King Yami

quote: (post)
Originally posted by SSJGGogeta
SSJ Namek Goku.

Having a hard time seeing this when he [Goku] is inferior in nearly every way possible.

He's faster

Based on what, exactly? Hal has no problem catching a Zoom whom is moving fast enough to blitz Superman and Wonder Woman to no end, and zip from the moon to Saturn while trading blows, energy beams and astroids at speeds that would make light blush.

stronger

Hal has steady the wobble of the moon, and created constructs the strength to tow the planet - Goku barely has raw strength feats that place him in the thousand ton range.

and arguably more durable than Hal.

Neophyte Lanterns have created shields sufficient enough to withstand the crushing gravatic pressure of a black hole, I doubt Goku's durability is even scratching the surface, lmao.

Not to mention that yellow light is a weakness of the GLC.

That hasn't been a problem for Lanterns since Rebith. We saw what happen when Mongul II tried to pull that "yellow weakness" card in Green Lantern issue #6 volume. 4, and it ended with the latter getting carved like turkey.

_________

The way see it, Goku isn't gonna be able to break through any of Hal's shields before the latter blast him to death with reality defying energy attack. Or just pierce him the same way he did to a, quite frankly, more durable Mongul II.

Old Post Feb 13th, 2018 02:25 AM
Deronn Solo is currently offline Click here to Send Deronn Solo a Private Message Find more posts by Deronn Solo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SSJGGogeta

Originally posted by Deronn_solo
Having a hard time seeing this when he [Goku] is inferior in nearly every way possible.

Lol, I would understand that, if it were true. Which it's not.

Based on what, exactly? Hal has no problem catching a Zoom whom is moving fast enough to blitz Superman and Wonder Woman to no end, and zip from the moon to Saturn while trading blows, energy beams and astroids at speeds that would make light blush.

1. Are you implying that Hal is > Zoom in terms of speed? Zoom, who is > Flash, who is > Superman in terms of sheer speed?

So you're saying that Hal > Zoom > Flash > Superman, is how their speed relates to one another? Lol, wrong. No Green Lantern is even close to Superman's level of speed, and Flash/Zoom are both comfortably above Superman. I can provide scans as well, but Superman has proven to be >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Any Green Lantern, in every category.

2. SSJ1 Goku was able to fly around Namek within the span of a couple seconds fast enough to find a spaceship left by the Ginyu force(which happens to be not much bigger than an average person), set a random launch sequence, and still have enough time to exit the planets atmosphere before being covered in the planetary explosion.

He was also able to fly around Namek(which has been placed at 3.5 times larger than Earth), in less time than it took for Frieza to strike Vegeta, who was within striking range. Given that the strike was already coming down when Goku took off, this feat can be placed a minimum of 77,000 times FTL. Did I mention this was base Goku? Even Roshi and Krillin back in Dragon Ball were capable of having an entire fight and relaxing in less than 1/5th of a second. Keep in mind that Goku has gotten progressively millions of times stronger than them, from that point.

The last speed feat I need would be SSJ1 Goku dodging a death beam from 4th form Frieza at nearly point blank range. Back in the Saiyan saga, Piccolo was capable of shooting light speed+ blasts with ease, capable of casually destroying the moon. Keep in mind that even after getting thousands of times stronger, Piccolo wasn't even able to see a death beam from a heavily suppressed 4th form Frieza, using literally close to 1% of his power.

In terms of speed,

SSJ1 Goku >>> Death beam >>>>>>>> Piccolo(merged with Nail) >>>>>>>>>>>> Saiyan Saga Piccolo > Beginning of DBZ Piccolo light speed blasts

Hal has steady the wobble of the moon, and created constructs the strength to tow the planet - Goku barely has raw strength feats that place him in the thousand ton range.

Neophyte Lanterns have created shields sufficient enough to withstand the crushing gravatic pressure of a black hole, I doubt Goku's durability is even scratching the surface, lmao.

1. Uh, you're judging Goku's strength based off of a feat he accomplished without even using his ki. That's like saying that Hal's strength is garbage, because he couldn't beat Batman without his ring on. Or saying that Superman is weak because he becomes a basic human when exposed to red solar radiation. The intent behind that feat was to show Goku training his body without using ki, not to show his max lift. That same Goku was literally able to radiate his ki across the entire universe, and into the realm of God's just by transforming- you think his peak lift is a couple thousand tons? Lol

2. Goku on Namek has literally batted away planet busting attacks with ease, destroyed a mountain while heavily suppressed, ragdolled a being that can literally tank planets exploding on top of him while unconscious, weakened, and dismembered, etc, etc, etc. Literally, you're acting as if Goku has no strength feats simply because his story doesn't make it necessary for him to find someone to make a machine that allows him to bench the weight of Earth, etc. Goku has never moved the moon, but he has ragdolled people that casually DESTROYED the moon. Not to mention, on Namek? Frieza was literally capable of planet busting with a gesture, in 1st form. Every attack 4th form Frieza hit Goku with was planet level+, and Goku was capable of batting away many of them.

3. What Lantern created anything capable of withstanding a black hole? This is news to me. Regardless, Guy Gardner, who is Hal's peer, was knocked out with one punch, by Batman. Don't talk to me about durability, when SSJ1 Goku on Namek was tanking planet busting attacks like they were light breezes.

That hasn't been a problem for Lanterns since Rebith. We saw what happen when Mongul II tried to pull that "yellow weakness" card in Green Lantern issue #6 volume. 4, and it ended with the latter getting carved like turkey.

More often than not, the yellow impurity acts as kryptonite to all Green Lanterns, Hal included. A few showings of it being overcome in the decades GL has been around doesn't suddenly make it null and void.

The way see it, Goku isn't gonna be able to break through any of Hal's shields before the latter blast him to death with reality defying energy attack. Or just pierce him the same way he did to a, quite frankly, more durable Mongul II

The way I see it, Goku is going to ragdoll Hal without even needing SSJ1, and possibly not even Kaioken. You might be able to argue Goku's lifting strength is lower than Hal's, just because Goku doesn't have a lot of feats in that category until Super, but his strikes are clearly still far more potent. I'd like to see Hal bat away planet busting attacks- he can't even stop city busting ones(Cyborg Superman). His speed is also far greater, as well as his durability, as I've just explained.

Old Post Feb 13th, 2018 07:39 AM
SSJGGogeta is currently offline Click here to Send SSJGGogeta a Private Message Find more posts by SSJGGogeta Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Ellimist
The Shadow

Since I'm judging Super Buu vs. Thor I probably shouldn't comment too much except to nitpick that it isn't clear to me that "knocking away" planet busting attacks means what it seems to mean, in that those planet busting attacks hadn't detonated yet so it feels like wanking the Enola Gay because it lifted NUCLEAR LEVEL energy.

Old Post Feb 13th, 2018 08:15 AM
The Ellimist is currently offline Click here to Send The Ellimist a Private Message Find more posts by The Ellimist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Damborgson
King of the Damboys

Jordan SLAUGHTERHOUSE.

Way to rock the thunder god set.

-Abhi Killer- X2

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f105/t655309.html

Old Post Feb 13th, 2018 08:52 AM
Damborgson is currently offline Click here to Send Damborgson a Private Message Find more posts by Damborgson Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SSJGGogeta

Originally posted by The Ellimist
Since I'm judging Super Buu vs. Thor I probably shouldn't comment too much except to nitpick that it isn't clear to me that "knocking away" planet busting attacks means what it seems to mean, in that those planet busting attacks hadn't detonated yet so it feels like wanking the Enola Gay because it lifted NUCLEAR LEVEL energy.

You're acting under the assumption that the energy blasts in Dragon Ball are the equivalent of bombs, when they're clearly not. They are massive, concussive rays, beams, or spheres of energy, capable of destroying planets. That literally means the payload for such energy beams, balls, etc. are well over 110,000,000,000,000 (110 quadrillion) Megatons, i.e. 110,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 (110 sextillion) tons of concussive force.

Keep in mind that the characters in the Namek saga casually toss around, tank, and overpower, blasts far more powerful than even these.

If the Enola gay had lifted the explosion itself, condensed into a blast? That would be impressive. Of course, it doesn't take a strength capable of lifting 110 quadrillion megatons to redirect such a force, or bat it away, but it still requires a staggering amount of force, and said blast are casually tossed around with mere gestures at this point in the series.

Old Post Feb 14th, 2018 02:35 AM
RealityWarper
Restricted

Account Restricted

Goku with 0 effort.

Old Post Feb 14th, 2018 03:11 AM
RealityWarper is currently offline Click here to Send RealityWarper a Private Message Find more posts by RealityWarper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deronn Solo
King Yami

Currently working on my reply to Skillz, but holy shit is a good amount of your post misinformed - case in point:

quote:
More often than not, the yellow impurity acts as kryptonite to all Green Lanterns, Hal included. A few showings of it being overcome in the decades GL has been around doesn't suddenly make it null and void.

The yellow impurity hasn't been an obstacle for any non-veteran GL since, the impurity that is Parallax - E.I. - the living embodiment of fear itself, was removed from the Central power battery; the very source of all the Green Lantern Corps power.

I'll tackle the rest after I reply to Supreme, just wanted to comment on how out of touch you seem to be, with a character you are debating against with such conviction.

Last edited by Deronn Solo on Feb 14th, 2018 at 03:37 AM

Old Post Feb 14th, 2018 03:35 AM
The Ellimist
The Shadow

You're acting under the assumption that the energy blasts in Dragon Ball are the equivalent of bombs, when they're clearly not. They are massive, concussive rays, beams, or spheres of energy, capable of destroying planets. That literally means the payload for such energy beams, balls, etc. are well over 110,000,000,000,000 (110 quadrillion) Megatons, i.e. 110,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 (110 sextillion) tons of concussive force.

Keep in mind that the characters in the Namek saga casually toss around, tank, and overpower, blasts far more powerful than even these.

If the Enola gay had lifted the explosion itself, condensed into a blast? That would be impressive. Of course, it doesn't take a strength capable of lifting 110 quadrillion megatons to redirect such a force, or bat it away, but it still requires a staggering amount of force, and said blast are casually tossed around with mere gestures at this point in the series.

The only planet busting attack Goku deflects is that energy ball that might not have even happened in the manga, but planet busting energy balls in DBZ don't bust planets or cause that much environmental damage until they detonate, and so it isn't clear to me that their kinetic energy / momentum is somehow scalable to that.

Old Post Feb 14th, 2018 03:39 AM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Currently working on my reply to Skillz, but holy shit is a good amount of your post misinformed - case in point:

The yellow impurity hasn't been an obstacle for any non-veteran GL since, the impurity that is Parallax - E.I. - the living embodiment of fear itself, was removed from the Central power battery; the very source of all the Green Lantern Corps power.

Understatement of the year.

His entire post is misinformation, and pulling numbers out of his ass like the 77,000 C figure based on absolutely nothing.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Feb 14th, 2018 12:53 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

You're acting under the assumption that the energy blasts in Dragon Ball are the equivalent of bombs, when they're clearly not. They are massive, concussive rays, beams, or spheres of energy, capable of destroying planets.

Sure they are.

Totally a ball of energy. Buu isn't pushing back against it like it has mass and form, until it detonates like a bomb.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Feb 14th, 2018 01:23 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

Originally posted by cdtm
Sure they are.

Totally a ball of energy. Buu isn't pushing back against it like it has mass and form, until it detonates like a bomb.
They are tangible things you can use physical force against. They still cause the damage, but by them using their hands it stops it from being blasted all over instead. If it simply detonated and that's where the damage came from, it wouldn't damage hands, hurt arms, and knock people out who block.
It also didn't detonate until after it destroyed Buu. Goku just overcharged it with energy to envelop and overpower Buu. It traveled quite a ways after it took over Buu.

Basically what I think Gogeta was saying was the blasts in DB are deadly the entire time they are discharged. There isn't a time released effect where they cause no damage and then they do a second later (unless that's the specific attack).

Old Post Feb 14th, 2018 04:54 PM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Ellimist
The Shadow

Originally posted by One Big Mob
They are tangible things you can use physical force against. They still cause the damage, but by them using their hands it stops it from being blasted all over instead. If it simply detonated and that's where the damage came from, it wouldn't damage hands, hurt arms, and knock people out who block.
It also didn't detonate until after it destroyed Buu. Goku just overcharged it with energy to envelop and overpower Buu. It traveled quite a ways after it took over Buu.

Basically what I think Gogeta was saying was the blasts in DB are deadly the entire time they are discharged. There isn't a time released effect where they cause no damage and then they do a second later (unless that's the specific attack).

Except that they do the collateral that you use to scale them to planet busters *when they explode* and not before.

Old Post Feb 14th, 2018 07:02 PM
One Big Mob
Dead

Originally posted by The Ellimist
Except that they do the collateral that you use to scale them to planet busters *when they explode* and not before.
If they are aimed at a planet or building or something, sure. Either way they still do the damage to beings when they hit them, if they have a secondary explosion, obviously more. Even Final Flash exploded iirc the first time, yet it still tore Cell in half to a point where he might very well have been destroyed if he didn't move.

Basically the initial contact is intended to do the effect. The blast is never docile or inert unless otherwise stated.

Old Post Feb 14th, 2018 07:10 PM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote