KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Anime / Manga » Anime 'Versus' Forum » Trunks runs a gauntlet.

Trunks runs a gauntlet.
Started by: Martian_mind

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Martian_mind
telepathy+debates+=Pwned

Trunks runs a gauntlet.

Just out of curiosity, who would win in these confrontations?

1) End of Namek saga Goku Vs the Trunks who killed Frieza.
2) Goku fresh from Yadrat Vs the Trunks who killed Frieza.
3) Assj Trunks VS SSJ 1 Teen Gohan.
4) SSJ 2 Trunks (Super) Vs Kid Buu
5) SSJ 2 blue-rage boost (no idea what the form's official name is) Trunks vs ToP Gohan.

Old Post Mar 21st, 2018 06:02 AM
Martian_mind is currently offline Click here to Send Martian_mind a Private Message Find more posts by Martian_mind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Damborgson
King of the Damboys

Trunks

Goku

Gohan

Hmm....in the manga Trunks,could kick his SSJ form up to a level to nearly match ssj3 Goku, so....I think Trunks.

And Gohan was hard for me to place honestly. Cant say.

-Abhi Killer- X2

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f105/t655309.html

Old Post Mar 21st, 2018 06:21 AM
Damborgson is currently offline Click here to Send Damborgson a Private Message Find more posts by Damborgson Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Martian_mind
telepathy+debates+=Pwned

In the matches you think he loses, how close would the fight be?

Also, since I forgot to put it in the OP:

Assj Trunks (cell saga) Vs Assj Vegeta (cell saga).

Last edited by Martian_mind on Mar 21st, 2018 at 07:14 AM

Old Post Mar 21st, 2018 07:00 AM
Martian_mind is currently offline Click here to Send Martian_mind a Private Message Find more posts by Martian_mind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Martian_mind
Just out of curiosity, who would win in these confrontations?

5) SSJ 2 blue-rage boost (no idea what the form's official name is) Trunks vs ToP Gohan.
1.) Trunks wins.
2.) Stalemate or edge to Goku.
3.) Gohan wins.
4.) Pure Boo wins.
5.) SSJI Trunks wins.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Mar 21st, 2018 12:27 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Martian_mind
telepathy+debates+=Pwned

Same question as I asked Damb. How close do you think the fights he loses would be? Also, who would take the win between him and Vegeta (Cell saga)

Old Post Mar 21st, 2018 12:40 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Same question as I asked Damb. How close do you think the fights he loses would be?
2.) They're near equals. I think the implication was that Goku was a bit more powerful, but it would take every iota of his power to beat Trunks at this stage.

3.) FPSSJ is decidedly beyond ASSJ. Gohan would stomp.

4.) SSJ2 Trunks was "slightly" more powerful than SSJ2 Goku when they fought in the manga. Additionally, Goku was impressed with Trunks' power because it was "even stronger than Gohan's" during the Cell Games... If Goku was still using Cell-era Gohan as a measuring stick for SSJ2 Trunks, then it means Trunks was nowhere near Pure Boo's level.

Also, who would take the win between him and Vegeta (Cell saga)
Depends what version of Trunks you're using..?

Last edited by Galan007 on Mar 21st, 2018 at 12:57 PM

Old Post Mar 21st, 2018 12:47 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Martian_mind
telepathy+debates+=Pwned

Originally posted by Galan007
2.) They're near equals. I think the implication was that Goku was a bit more powerful, but it would take every iota of his power to beat Trunks at this stage.

3.) FPSSJ is decidedly beyond ASSJ. Gohan would stomp.

4.) SSJ2 Trunks was "slightly" more powerful than SSJ2 Goku when they fought in the manga. Additionally, Goku was impressed with Trunks' power because it was "even stronger than Gohan's" during the Cell Games... If Goku was still using Cell-era Gohan as a measuring stick for SSJ2 Trunks, then it means Trunks was nowhere near Pure Boo's level.

Depends what version of Trunks you're using..?

Thanks for clarifying.

And ASSJ Trunks Vs ASSJ Vegeta. At the time when they were facing Semi-perfect Cell.

Old Post Mar 21st, 2018 01:20 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

I'd say their powers as ASSJ were probably about equal, tbh. With that in mind, I would give Vegeta the nod because he is a much better fighter.

Trunks originally *thought* he was more powerful than Vegeta because he could access USSJ... But when Trunks used USSJ against Perfect Cell, he learned the hard way just how bulky/slow/useless that form is(Goku and Vegeta noticed these weaknesses almost immediately, so they were never foolish enough to use that form against Cell.)

Old Post Mar 21st, 2018 01:40 PM
Martian_mind
telepathy+debates+=Pwned

Interesting. Thank you.

Now, how would you say future Trunks compares to his child counterpart? Say the Trunks who killed Freeza vs Kid Trunks during the World Tournament? What if Goten were also involved?

Also, would you say the disparity in actual skill between Trunks and other Saiyans has been erased by the time of Super?

Old Post Mar 21st, 2018 02:34 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Interesting. Thank you.

Now, how would you say future Trunks compares to his child counterpart? Say the Trunks who killed Freeza vs Kid Trunks during the World Tournament? What if Goten were also involved?
Oh, kid Trunks would absolutely stomp.

Keep in mind, kid Trunks was slightly more powerful than Goten -- and per the Daizenshuu, Goten's power was "not the least bit inferior" to Gohan's at the start of the Boo saga. Granted, Gohan was a good bit weaker at that point than he was during the Cell Games, but he was still vastly beyond n00b-SSJ level.

Realistically, future Trunks would have never reached/exceeded kid Trunks' power until well after the Cell Games.

Also, would you say the disparity in actual skill between Trunks and other Saiyans has been erased by the time of Super?
The disparity has certainly decreased, but I'd still say that Goku and Vegeta are better fighters.

Last edited by Galan007 on Mar 21st, 2018 at 04:15 PM

Old Post Mar 21st, 2018 04:02 PM
One Big Mob
Dead

In the anime base Future Trunks seems to get the better of SS Kid Trunks.

Also, if just normal SS is faster than the form Vegeta used, it really doesn't seem like a big decrease because Vegeta was quick as ****. The form Trunks used was garbage though

Old Post Mar 21st, 2018 06:10 PM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Damborgson
King of the Damboys

In the matches you think he loses, how close would the fight be?

Also, since I forgot to put it in the OP:

Assj Trunks (cell saga) Vs Assj Vegeta (cell saga).

He could push Goku. But I think he'd be notoceably outclassed sooner than later.

Gohan would beat the shit out of him.

And ve Vegeta he'd lose also on account of he'd probably go full raging retard thinking he form surpasses Vegeta then just get punked. If they stayed ASSJ, Vegeta seemed to think he was slightly superior.

-Abhi Killer- X2

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f105/t655309.html

Old Post Mar 21st, 2018 06:36 PM
Damborgson is currently offline Click here to Send Damborgson a Private Message Find more posts by Damborgson Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Inedian

Will there be a day when Gohan will again be the top guy and I mean again really surpassing Goku.

Old Post Mar 21st, 2018 08:10 PM
Inedian is currently offline Click here to Send Inedian a Private Message Find more posts by Inedian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

Hope not. Gohan sucks

Old Post Mar 21st, 2018 08:20 PM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

Re: Trunks runs a gauntlet.

Trunks.

quote:

Goku.

quote:

Gohan.

quote:

Kid Buu.

quote:

Trunks's upgrade of SSJ2 is roughly SSJ3 level, which is firmly below Mystic Gohan.

Old Post Mar 21st, 2018 08:47 PM
NewGuy01 is currently offline Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

Trunks' normal SS2 was SS3 Goku level. His rage boost combined the ASSJ into it as well as some sort of aura.

It was like 3 transformations in one.

Old Post Mar 21st, 2018 08:50 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by NewGuy01
Trunks's upgrade of SSJ2 is roughly SSJ3 level, which is firmly below Mystic Gohan.
True. thumb up

Last edited by Galan007 on Mar 21st, 2018 at 11:06 PM

Old Post Mar 21st, 2018 10:58 PM
Martian_mind
telepathy+debates+=Pwned

So, in overall fighting ability/power, how would you all rank the surviving Saiyans?

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2018 12:06 AM
SSJGGogeta

Originally posted by Galan007

While I agree with all your other points in regards to this gauntlet, I don't think the OP was asking about basic SSJ2 Trunks. I think he was referring to the ASSJ2 form Trunks showed, which was stated to be almost as powerful as SSJ3.

(please log in to view the image)

I don't particularly believe this would change the outcome, simply because of Pure Boo's endless energy and regeneration, just thought it was something worth addressing.

"Why is everybody so ****ing stupid?"- Kim Jong Il, Team America.

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2018 12:38 AM
SSJGGogeta is currently offline Click here to Send SSJGGogeta a Private Message Find more posts by SSJGGogeta Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dark-Kenshin
Blocked

Manga Trunks is beyond SSJ3 given that Goku had to briefly use SSG to beat him.

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2018 02:52 AM
Dark-Kenshin is currently offline Click here to Send Dark-Kenshin a Private Message Find more posts by Dark-Kenshin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote