KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Anime / Manga » Anime 'Versus' Forum » Cell VS Broly

Cell VS Broly
Started by: The Lost

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Gehenna
Sorgo

Cell VS Broly

The fight takes place on Earth and they are at their strongest (Cell would be Super Perfect, for example).

NOTE: Forgive me if this thread is lacking in any typical structure that is used when creating a versus. I don't know much about the informal rules for versus match-ups over here and was just curious what people thought.

Nothing ever ends.

Old Post Mar 24th, 2018 01:04 AM
Gehenna is currently offline Click here to Send Gehenna a Private Message Find more posts by Gehenna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

Pretty sure the consensus is that Cell is stronger.

Old Post Mar 24th, 2018 01:16 AM
NewGuy01 is currently offline Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

Broly busted a galaxy, he wins smile

”You presume limits to my power. There are none.”

Old Post Mar 24th, 2018 01:30 AM
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ is currently offline Click here to Send XSUPREMEXSKILLZ a Private Message Find more posts by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Damborgson
King of the Damboys

Broly after a hard fought victory.

-Abhi Killer- X2

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f105/t655309.html

Old Post Mar 24th, 2018 01:50 AM
Damborgson is currently offline Click here to Send Damborgson a Private Message Find more posts by Damborgson Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

The creators like to make Broly out as the strongest DB character but some form of PIS is always there to give the good guys a dumb chance against such a monstrous anomaly. Without restrictions, Broly wins.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Last edited by Nemesis X on Mar 24th, 2018 at 02:10 AM

Old Post Mar 24th, 2018 02:02 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

quote: (post)
Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Broly busted a galaxy, he wins smile

quote:
Originally posted by Nemesis X
The creators like to make Broly out as the strongest DB character but some form of PIS is always there to give the good guys a dumb chance against such a monstrous anomaly. Without restrictions, Broly wins.

quote:
Originally posted by Damborgson
Broly after a hard fought victory.

I stand corrected.

Old Post Mar 24th, 2018 02:42 AM
NewGuy01 is currently offline Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

Movie continuity =/= anime continuity in terms of power levels.

”You presume limits to my power. There are none.”

Old Post Mar 24th, 2018 02:46 AM
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ is currently offline Click here to Send XSUPREMEXSKILLZ a Private Message Find more posts by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kento
The last Hokage

Broli

Old Post Mar 24th, 2018 02:48 AM
Kento is currently offline Click here to Send Kento a Private Message Find more posts by Kento Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Movie continuity =/= anime continuity in terms of power levels.

By that logic, Cell may as well win by default because he exists and Broly doesn't within the canon -_-

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Mar 24th, 2018 05:25 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Estacado
Legendary

Ma boi Broly smashes the robobug.

Bankai.

Old Post Mar 24th, 2018 06:49 AM
Estacado is currently offline Click here to Send Estacado a Private Message Find more posts by Estacado Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

Originally posted by Nemesis X
By that logic, Cell may as well win by default because he exists and Broly doesn't within the canon -_-

That... isn't following Skillz's line of logic at all. Whatsoever.

Old Post Mar 24th, 2018 06:57 AM
Estacado
Legendary

I think Skillz said that just because Broly appeared in movie 8 doesnt mean villains after that movie were all stronger then him.

@Skillz where would you place Broly in power?

Bankai.

Old Post Mar 24th, 2018 08:27 AM
Estacado is currently offline Click here to Send Estacado a Private Message Find more posts by Estacado Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Broly didn't destroy a galaxy outright, lol(thought I busted that myth years ago..?)

SPC wins.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Mar 24th, 2018 12:59 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Nope, He didn't. No more then Buu did outright.

Cell should win. He would have ignored non SSJ2 Gohan and the kids.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Mar 24th, 2018 01:26 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Broli destroyed a galaxy and he wins this one.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Mar 24th, 2018 01:55 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

The south galaxy was NOT destroyed. I've debunked this myth a few times in the past(at least 5 or 6 different times when carver has feigned stupidity), but I guess I'll do so again...

Firstly, how do we explain Movie 8's opening sequence, in which the south galaxy seems to disappear? Simple: we refer back to King Kaio's statement immediately following that scene in the original(and most canon) Japanese-dub of the film...

Kaio: "The Southern Galaxy has fallen under Super Saiyan attack!" Which means it was just being 'attacked'; not that it was literally 'destroyed'.

Kaio later tells Goku: "First go check the Southern Galaxy..." Which means it was still there for him to 'check'.

Paragus later states: "[Broly] is wreaking havoc all over an area of the Southern Galaxy with his fearsome power." Which means that just a SINGLE PORTION of the Galaxy was being attacked -- NOT the entire thing.

Anyway, while Goku was IT'ing through the south galaxy, we saw him streaking past a multitude of stars:
(please log in to view the image)
If stars were left intact, the galaxy was NOT destroyed.

Once Goku arrived on one of the planets in the south galaxy that Broly caused surface-level damage to, not only do we see another INTACT planet in the background, but we also see multiple stars in the background as well:
If planets and stars were left intact, the galaxy was NOT destroyed.

This is a screen-cap taken just before Comet Camori strikes New Vegeta(which, again, is IN the south galaxy):
Innumerable stars in the background+the planet itself. If planets and stars were left intact, the galaxy was NOT destroyed.

...And this is all secondary to that fact that IF Broly destroyed the south galaxy, he would have had to do so as a RESTRAINED-SSJ(which was the most powerful form he could assume while being mind-controlled by Paragus), because he was NEVER able to access LSSJ until he battled the Z fighters toward the end of the film. This is important because Goku was able to contend equally with restrained-SSJ Broly as a BASE-level Saiyan -- so if restrained-SSJ Broly is a galaxy-buster, then you must be prepared to call BASE-level Goku a galaxy-buster as well, considering they were equals.

...And given that even as of BoG, BASE-level Goku was still sub-Freeza-level, I find it quite laughable to assume that he(and/or those in that tier) was a bonafide galactic power... Especially YEARS earlier(during Movie 8/Cell-era), when he would have logically been much weaker.

#DemFacts

Last edited by Galan007 on Mar 24th, 2018 at 02:22 PM

Old Post Mar 24th, 2018 02:09 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheBadguy

Didn't read

Broly popped a galaxy, key word being most of it, where he was most mostly intact
But broly lost to less than Cell lost too because plot gave him that stab wound weakness that always gets exploited. Hard to say definitively because with broly losing to chumps him and cell have pretty even feats in my opinion. If they fought cell would probably be smart enough to poke him in his stab wound too

Old Post Mar 24th, 2018 07:38 PM
TheBadguy is currently offline Click here to Send TheBadguy a Private Message Find more posts by TheBadguy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

It's okay. Carver has ignored the facts I listed above numerous times. May as well add you to the same list. thumb up

Suffice to say: Broly didn't destroy "most of a galaxy", but you don't care about facts so I'll save my breath. thumb up x2

Old Post Mar 24th, 2018 07:40 PM
Estacado
Legendary

I dont know why you make these long posts....nobody reads them and it takes most of the screen space....

Bankai.

Old Post Mar 24th, 2018 07:43 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Yes, people who tend to conveniently overlook facts and context typically do ignore posts that are full of facts and context... That's why carver won't respond to said post again, for example(he's tried to pretend like those fact don't exist for YEARS now.) I get it. thumb up

Being wrong is a painful pill to swallow for some... DB-cock goes down SO much smoother.

Last edited by Galan007 on Mar 24th, 2018 at 07:54 PM

Old Post Mar 24th, 2018 07:47 PM