KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Anime / Manga » Anime 'Versus' Forum » Base Future Trunks vs. Tien

Base Future Trunks vs. Tien
Started by: StiltmanFTW

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Base Future Trunks vs. Tien

Cell Saga, no sword.

Pre-ROSAT.

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2018 06:48 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

SSJ Trunks ~ SSJ Goku during the Cyborg Freeza arc. This means that Trunks' base PL must have been right at 3,000,000 as well.

It's highly unlikely that Tien's PL was anywhere near that by the Cell saga. I mean, Krillin has been repeatedly confirmed as the most powerful earthling, and even his highest-credited PL during the Freeza saga was only 75,000. Can't imagine Tien boosting his powers enough to even remotely contend with Trunks in the 3 years between the Cyborg Freeza and Android/Cell sagas, tbh -- that'd be upwards of a 40x increase in power(and that's IF he was equal to Krillin during the Freeza saga, which is unlikely.)

Now, Tien might be able to pull a win IF Trunks just stands there and lets him spam Kikihos or w/e. Sans that, Trunks should stomp the shit out of him.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2018 07:14 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Krillin and Tien both have amazing feats for being "just" earthlings, like, outside of the movies, injuring both Buu and 1st form Cell with basic attacks.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Jun 24th, 2018 08:19 PM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Neither of them 'injured' Boo, but that's irrelevant since this fight is set during the Cell Saga.

Anywho, Tien was able to spam Semi-Perfect Cell will Kikohos for a little bit. The beams didn't hurt Cell at all, but they did push him down a few times, buying #18 a few moments to escape(which is still impressive given the power discrepancy between them.) However, the Kikoho is a very linear attack that only works if the target is standing still... And it also completely taxed Tien back then.

As I said above, Tien's *only* chance here is hoping that Trunks stands perfectly still long enough for him to powerup and successfully drop Kikohos on his head. Aside from that, this is Trunks' fight to lose... Trunks should realistically be able to one/two-shot Tien, imo. /shrug

Last edited by Galan007 on Jun 24th, 2018 at 08:56 PM

Old Post Jun 24th, 2018 08:45 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NotAllThatEvil
perpetual new guy.

To paraphrase toriyama "Powerlevels are bullsh*t" he seriously only introduced them to show how inaccurate they were. Tien should take this. His technique was enough stall semi perfect cell and trunks is relatively undisciplined as a fighter. I don't think he can simply overpower tien in his base form.

Old Post Jun 27th, 2018 11:14 PM
NotAllThatEvil is currently offline Click here to Send NotAllThatEvil a Private Message Find more posts by NotAllThatEvil Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

PLs aren't "bullshit" when we can still gauge them, though.

On average, the power discrepancy between them would be FAR too great for Tien to overcome it with his Kikoho, imo(that attack is extremely one-dimensional.) This is definitely Trunks' fight to lose.

Old Post Jun 29th, 2018 10:48 PM
NotAllThatEvil
perpetual new guy.

It's impossible to gauge them though, especially with earthlings. Their power is multiplies several time over when using a technique so saying something gas a "base" powerlevel is meaningless. If you go by feats, yamcha krillin and tien are several times stronger than the ginyu force despite having a powerlevel of only 75,000. Yamcha' s resting power during the Android saga is evidently equal to where gero predicted goku would be, and he apparently gathered frieza's cells for cell. Powerlevels mean nothing

Old Post Jun 29th, 2018 11:12 PM
NotAllThatEvil is currently offline Click here to Send NotAllThatEvil a Private Message Find more posts by NotAllThatEvil Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Exactly, "when using a technique". But an increased PL for the moment in which you are charging a specific attack is NOT representative of one's 'normal' PL. Moreover, the Kikoho takes a decent amount of time to charge, taxed Tien quite a bit, and is EXTREMELY one-dimensional/easily avoidable in a forum battle. IF it somehow managed to strike Trunks, however, Tien could win... But that's one hell of a big "if", given the power discrepancy between them(along with the Kikoho's limited nature.)

As for Yamcha: he would have only been 'equal' to Saiyan saga Goku, given that Gero had NO records of Goku's power increases after he left earth(that's why he was shocked by the Super Saiyan transformation, for example.) This means that Yamcha's MAXIMUM PL would have been ~32,000, because that was the MAXIMUM PL Goku achieved during the Saiyan saga.

Tien was stronger than Yamcha, but weaker than Krillin(whose maximum recorded PL on Namek was ~75,000.) Even putting Tien's PL in the hundreds of thousands during the Cell saga would be a HUGE overestimation, tbh... Trunks' PL, on the other hand, was irrefutably no less than 3 MILLION.

You can argue against the validity of PLs all you want, but facts are facts. Tien only has ONE way to win... And that's IF Trunks(who is logically many, many times more powerful) just stands in one spot long enough for him to charge, and successfully deliver, the Kikoho. But if Trunks actually, you know, ATTACKS Tien, he'll end this with a punch or two. Again, this is Trunks' fight to lose.

Last edited by Galan007 on Jun 29th, 2018 at 11:57 PM

Old Post Jun 29th, 2018 11:44 PM
NotAllThatEvil
perpetual new guy.

It's not just the tri beam. Piccolo and goki's Powerlevels jumped around so much in the radditz fight from simple things like taking off their cloths and getting into a fighting stance. Krillin's powerlevel was only a little stronger than radditz, but he was still able to make kappa bleed and wasted like give siabaman with one shot. Also krillin with his meager 75,000 was able to cut off frieza's ta8l and out run him for a bit. Powerlevels aren't suppose to make sense. Also, gero knew about saiyan biology and that they get a massive spike in power after a near death expierence and had record of 32,000 goku breaking every bone in his body and be8ng beat down by vegeta. Given his knowledge of goku's training habits, the three year gap before their arrival, and the fact that all of the androids could keep up a super saiyan, it's pretty clear that he projected goku's powerlevel to be way higher than 32,000.

And I see you're doing the super route and forgetting every single thing about tien besides hos tri beam. Tien' s multi arm technique, his ability to redirect no blasts, and his superior martial arts are all things that could net him a win. Cell points out that trunks is a sloppy undisciplined fighter who relies too much on simply overpowering his foes. Without his super saiyan forms, o don't think that's enough to get through tien's technique.

And if you REALLY want to play the power level game, consider this. Nappa no showed tien's tribeam back in the saiyan saga and he was only roughly 5× as strong. Since cell was affected much more, we should assume the gap between cell saga tien and him is much smaller, putting tien comfortably somewhere past the millions mark.

Old Post Jun 30th, 2018 03:44 PM
cdtm

Anyone think Super Trunks and Cell are different people?

Super reinforced there's alt Future Trunks timelines, after all. smile (Z did it first, with Cell being from a timeline where he kills Trunks. Funny how the best villian in Z isn't even canon to the mainstream timeline.)

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Last edited by cdtm on Jun 30th, 2018 at 05:47 PM

Old Post Jun 30th, 2018 05:45 PM
cdtm is online now! Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

quote: (post)
Originally posted by NotAllThatEvil
It's not just the tri beam. Piccolo and goki's Powerlevels jumped around so much in the radditz fight from simple things like taking off their cloths and getting into a fighting stance. Krillin's powerlevel was only a little stronger than radditz, but he was still able to make kappa bleed and wasted like give siabaman with one shot. Also krillin with his meager 75,000 was able to cut off frieza's ta8l and out run him for a bit. Powerlevels aren't suppose to make sense. Also, gero knew about saiyan biology and that they get a massive spike in power after a near death expierence and had record of 32,000 goku breaking every bone in his body and be8ng beat down by vegeta. Given his knowledge of goku's training habits, the three year gap before their arrival, and the fact that all of the androids could keep up a super saiyan, it's pretty clear that he projected goku's powerlevel to be way higher than 32,000.

And I see you're doing the super route and forgetting every single thing about tien besides hos tri beam. Tien' s multi arm technique, his ability to redirect no blasts, and his superior martial arts are all things that could net him a win. Cell points out that trunks is a sloppy undisciplined fighter who relies too much on simply overpowering his foes. Without his super saiyan forms, o don't think that's enough to get through tien's technique.

And if you REALLY want to play the power level game, consider this. Nappa no showed tien's tribeam back in the saiyan saga and he was only roughly 5× as strong. Since cell was affected much more, we should assume the gap between cell saga tien and him is much smaller, putting tien comfortably somewhere past the millions mark.

I love how you actually had the balls to oppose Galan wearing his favourite kimono thumb up

That's why I hate to interrupt, but... I thought Tien upgraded his Tribeam technique - inventing a Neo Tribeam - which technically was used first against Cell? That would lessen the importance of your Nappa example.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Old Post Jun 30th, 2018 07:08 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NotAllThatEvil
perpetual new guy.

I thought the neo tribeam was just a video game thing, like yamcha's extra large spirit ball

Old Post Jun 30th, 2018 08:06 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

It's not just the tri beam. Piccolo and goki's Powerlevels jumped around so much in the radditz fight from simple things like taking off their cloths and getting into a fighting stance. Krillin's powerlevel was only a little stronger than radditz, but he was still able to make kappa bleed and wasted like give siabaman with one shot.
How is this at all pertinent to Tien vs. Trunks? Given the massive discrepancy between their PLs, this would more likely play out like Freeza vs. Nail, tbh.

Or if you prefer, I can provide numerous examples of weaker characters being entirely useless against more powerful characters..?

Also krillin with his meager 75,000 was able to cut off frieza's ta8l and out run him for a bit.
...With a Kienzan(arguably *the* most haxx cutting-attack in the series.) Scans of Tien using one?

Powerlevels aren't suppose to make sense.
AFTER the Freeza saga was concluded, sure. Before that, however, PLs were actually a very accurate means of gauging characters.

Also, gero knew about saiyan biology and that they get a massive spike in power after a near death expierence and had record of 32,000 goku breaking every bone in his body and be8ng beat down by vegeta. Given his knowledge of goku's training habits, the three year gap before their arrival, and the fact that all of the androids could keep up a super saiyan, it's pretty clear that he projected goku's powerlevel to be way higher than 32,000.
Gero had absolutely NO idea what Saiyans were truly capable of. That's why he was utterly shocked by Goku's(and especially Vegeta's) powers.

But even IF you want to pretend like Tien's PL was ~2 million by the Cell saga, it would mean his power increased by nearly 1,100x between the Saiyan and Android sagas... Which is WAY too much of a gain for an earthling. For a point of reference, even Krillin's PL 'only' increased by about 42x between the Saiyan and Namek sagas... And that was WITH his full potential being mystically unlocked by the goddamn Namekian Buddha. Tien obviously never had that luxury/cheat, which is why he never caught back up to Krillin after Namek, and also why I am not buying the theoretical numbers you're throwing around for him.

Moreover, this is also assuming that Trunks' PL didn't increase at all in that 3 year gap(and it most definitely did.) So I'm actually underrating Trunks here, but that's because I have no legitimate reason to start speculating/theorizing how much his power may have grown during that time. It was undoubtedly 3 million during the Cyborg Freeza arc, and that is MORE than enough to stomp the bejesus out of Cell saga Tien on average.

*Keep in mind, a PL of 3 million is > Freeza's 2nd AND 3rd forms, and is enough to stalemate his suppressed 4th form. Barring a Kikoho, Cell saga Tien isn't doing that -- none of the earthlings are, tbh.

And I see you're doing the super route and forgetting every single thing about tien besides hos tri beam. Tien' s multi arm technique, his ability to redirect no blasts, and his superior martial arts are all things that could net him a win.
What on earth do you think these attacks count for with a power difference THIS significant?

I say again: the ONLY possible way for Tien to win is IF he manages to successfully drop a Kikoho on Trunks. Barring that, he's getting stomped.

And if you REALLY want to play the power level game, consider this. Nappa no showed tien's tribeam back in the saiyan saga and he was only roughly 5x as strong. Since cell was affected much more, we should assume the gap between cell saga tien and him is much smaller, putting tien comfortably somewhere past the millions mark.
Aside from pushing him down for a few seconds, Tien's Kikohos literally did NOTHING to Cell. Great feat for Tien(even though he still had to catch Cell off guard), but acting like that alone puts him "comfortably past the millions mark", and makes him a legitimate challenge to Trunks, is a massive stretch. It was ultimately an outlier that occurred in a moment of duress(when heroes are typically at their 'peak'.) Nothing more.

Hell, I wouldn't even put Krillin's PL in the millions by the Cell saga, and he is > Tien.

Last edited by Galan007 on Jul 1st, 2018 at 12:26 AM

Old Post Jul 1st, 2018 12:12 AM
Damborgson
King of the Damboys

Originally posted by Galan007
It's highly unlikely that Tien's PL was anywhere near that by the Cell saga. I mean, Krillin has been repeatedly confirmed as the most powerful earthling, and even his highest-credited PL during the Freeza saga was only 75,000.

Yeah, and even that is wild and baseless right Galan ?

-Abhi Killer- X2

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f105/t655309.html

Old Post Jul 1st, 2018 01:19 AM
Damborgson is currently offline Click here to Send Damborgson a Private Message Find more posts by Damborgson Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheBadguy

reading this thread title alone pissed me off lmao

i ****ing hate the earthlings man

Old Post Jul 1st, 2018 03:53 AM
TheBadguy is currently offline Click here to Send TheBadguy a Private Message Find more posts by TheBadguy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NotAllThatEvil
perpetual new guy.

Originally posted by Galan007
How is this at all pertinent to Tien vs. Trunks? Given the massive discrepancy between their PLs, this would more likely play out like Freeza vs. Nail, tbh.

Or if you prefer, I can provide numerous examples of weaker characters being entirely useless against more powerful characters..?

...With a Kienzan(arguably *the* most haxx cutting-attack in the series.) Scans of Tien using one?

AFTER the Freeza saga was concluded, sure. Before that, however, PLs were actually a very accurate means of gauging characters.

Gero had absolutely NO idea what Saiyans were truly capable of. That's why he was utterly shocked by Goku's(and especially Vegeta's) powers.

But even IF you want to pretend like Tien's PL was ~2 million by the Cell saga, it would mean his power increased by nearly 1,100x between the Saiyan and Android sagas... Which is WAY too much of a gain for an earthling. For a point of reference, even Krillin's PL 'only' increased by about 42x between the Saiyan and Namek sagas... And that was WITH his full potential being mystically unlocked by the goddamn Namekian Buddha. Tien obviously never had that luxury/cheat, which is why he never caught back up to Krillin after Namek, and also why I am not buying the theoretical numbers you're throwing around for him.

Moreover, this is also assuming that Trunks' PL didn't increase at all in that 3 year gap(and it most definitely did.) So I'm actually underrating Trunks here, but that's because I have no legitimate reason to start speculating/theorizing how much his power may have grown during that time. It was undoubtedly 3 million during the Cyborg Freeza arc, and that is MORE than enough to stomp the bejesus out of Cell saga Tien on average.

*Keep in mind, a PL of 3 million is > Freeza's 2nd AND 3rd forms, and is enough to stalemate his suppressed 4th form. Barring a Kikoho, Cell saga Tien isn't doing that -- none of the earthlings are, tbh.

What on earth do you think these attacks count for with a power difference THIS significant?

I say again: the ONLY possible way for Tien to win is IF he manages to successfully drop a Kikoho on Trunks. Barring that, he's getting stomped.

Aside from pushing him down for a few seconds, Tien's Kikohos literally did NOTHING to Cell. Great feat for Tien(even though he still had to catch Cell off guard), but acting like that alone puts him "comfortably past the millions mark", and makes him a legitimate challenge to Trunks, is a massive stretch. It was ultimately an outlier that occurred in a moment of duress(when heroes are typically at their 'peak'.) Nothing more.

Hell, I wouldn't even put Krillin's PL in the millions by the Cell saga, and he is > Tien.

The whole freakin point of Powerlevels is that they don't work. Never in the saiyan or namek saga did they give an accurate representation of power. Trunks' powerlevel scouted was 5, remember.

Sure gero didn't know about saiyan biology. He accidentally tripped into goku and vegeta DNA and fused them into his super computer to make a super bug fetus. Clearly cell was just chance.

Tien made roughly a 10× gain in under a year for the saiyans and if his year with king kai was comparable to goku's(it should be greater considering he crossed snake way faster and had powerful sparring partners) then that's at least another 20×. And he has three years added on top of those gains.

Trunks DIDN'T Train for those three years. He doesn't even expierence them. He has a time machine, remember? Cell jumps him as soon as he gets back, he just took a bit stop three years later.

Nsppa didn't even budge when tien hit him but cell got knocked around. It was clearly effecting him more. I'm not arguing that the gap between cell and tien is smaller than the powerlevel between tien a nsppa. I'm arguing that the gap doesn't matter. Powerlevels don't mean anything. Goku got taken out by a ring laser. If the power level isn't accompanied with skill it's nearly useless. That's the whole point of ultra trunks. He has no skill in fighting and thought bigger power means bigger win. Even when goku and goten trunks show off their mastered ssforms he still doesn't get it. He doesn't have the same instinct or training the other saiyans have or tien.

Old Post Jul 1st, 2018 03:54 AM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

The whole freakin point of Powerlevels is that they don't work. Never in the saiyan or namek saga did they give an accurate representation of power.
Um... Yes, they most certainly did work in nearly every case back then.

Trunks' powerlevel scouted was 5, remember.
You're aware that the Z fighters can suppress their ki and only powerup when they want/need to, right..? Why even bring this up..?

Sure gero didn't know about saiyan biology. He accidentally tripped into goku and vegeta DNA and fused them into his super computer to make a super bug fetus. Clearly cell was just chance.
Gero only knew about Saiyan biology up to the Saiyan saga... But it wasn't until the Namek saga that the Saiyans' powers grew exponentially. That's why Gero himself outright stated that their powers vastly exceeded his wildest expectations.

Tien made roughly a 10x gain in under a year for the saiyans and if his year with king kai was comparable to goku's(it should be greater considering he crossed snake way faster and had powerful sparring partners) then that's at least another 20x. And he has three years added on top of those gains.
Again, Tien's PL would've had to increase by OVER 1,600x between the Saiyan and Android sagas for him to even begin to contend with Trunks on average. For a point of reference, that's about how much Goku's PL increased during the entire Namek saga -- counting his multiple zenkais AND the friggin Super Saiyan transformation.

Tien isn't a Saiyan... In fact, he is WEAKER than Krillin. Why on earth should I believe he experienced a gain THAT massive between arcs? Is Chiaotzu really that good of a training partner, iyo?

I say again, even AFTER Krillin's potential was mystically unlocked by Guru, he 'only' experienced a max increase of ~40x... FOURTY. Earthlings aren't Saiyans.

Goku got taken out by a ring laser.
Yes, SSB Goku was nearly killed by Sorbet's ring laser when he was DISTRACTED, and therefore VULNERABLE to a cheap-shot attack that would have otherwise been ineffectual. Same basic thing happened with Cell: he was DISTRACTED by #18, and that made him VULNERABLE to a cheap-shot attack from Tien that would have otherwise been ineffectual... But again, the Kikohos ultimately just pushed Cell down for a few seconds, which allowed #18 to flee -- the attacks caused NO damage/harm to Cell whatsoever, and the effort/power expenditure very nearly killed Tien himself.

You essentially just cheapened Tien's feat by using this analogy, but that's okay... I won't run with it. thumb up

That's the whole point of ultra trunks. He has no skill in fighting and thought bigger power means bigger win. Even when goku and goten trunks show off their mastered ssforms he still doesn't get it. He doesn't have the same instinct or training the other saiyans have or tien.
Again, how is this at all pertinent to Tien vs. Trunks? Given the massive discrepancy between their PLs, this would more likely play out like Freeza vs. Nail, tbh.

I think you've lost touch with the significance of power discrepancies, tbh. In DBZ a power difference of LESS THAN 2x is still enough for one character to utterly STOMP another without much effort at all(I can provide numerous examples if need be.) In the case of Tien vs. Trunks there is logically FAR more than a mere 2x difference between them.

As I have reiterated: Tien has ONE possible way that he MIGHT be able to win, and that's IF Trunks just stands there and lets him drop a one-dimensional Kikoho on his head. Barring that, there's not a goddamn thing Tien can do here... This is Trunks' fight to lose, period.

Last edited by Galan007 on Jul 1st, 2018 at 05:38 PM

Old Post Jul 1st, 2018 05:26 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by Damborgson
Yeah, and even that is wild and baseless right Galan ?
Depends who you ask... wink

Old Post Jul 1st, 2018 05:32 PM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

I thought the neo tribeam was just a video game thing, like yamcha's extra large spirit ball

The wiki article on it seems pretty solid:

http://dragonball.wikia.com/wiki/Neo_Tri-Beam

It's not something new for Z-fighters to invent the superior versions of their techniques.

Old Post Jul 1st, 2018 05:41 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

The Neo-Kikoho is what Tien used against Cell, brehs:
https://i.imgur.com/Y3AP33R.jpg

Old Post Jul 1st, 2018 05:46 PM