KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Anime / Manga » Anime 'Versus' Forum » Goku vs. Frieza

Goku vs. Frieza
Started by: backup

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
backup

Goku vs. Frieza

False SS Goku vs. Frieza

1st round: False SS Goku vs. Third Form Frieza
2nd round: False SS Goku vs. Fourth Form Frieza (25%)

Who wins both rounds?

Old Post Mar 30th, 2019 07:47 PM
backup is currently offline Click here to Send backup a Private Message Find more posts by backup Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

Frieza in both.

You mean the form Goku used against Slug, right?

It's temporary, turns you into a berserker, and King Kai said it wouldn't even be enough to beat Slug. And it wasn't, as Goku turned back to normal and had to finish him off with an ally spirit bomb. Why would it be able to beat someone who from inception was massively more powerful than him?

Old Post Mar 30th, 2019 08:26 PM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

quote: (post)
Originally posted by KingD19

You mean the form Goku used against Slug, right?

Omg, you're alive. Great thumb up

False SSJ usually means that, but we always need to make sure... as Z filler introduced the SS power form, which allowed Goku to access a large portion of SSJ power without transforming fully. He even used it in GT.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2019 09:20 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19

I am alive lol. And that is true. If it's the Slug version, then he loses. If it's one of the now that I remember, multitude of Psuedo-SSJ forms, then we may have a conversation.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2019 09:36 PM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

I'm assuming this is Slug-era Goku(which would have been Namek-era Goku), given his opponents here.

Imo, if Goku can sustain the FSSJ amp he should mop the floor with these versions of Freeza, as he was demonstrably more powerful than Slug(before he became a Giant.) Goku wouldn't have been able to defeat Giant Slug on his own, but that's not overly surprising given that Giant Slug > Freeza and possibly even SSJ(per King Kai):
https://i.imgur.com/04whHmP.jpg

That said, if the FSSJ amp is as finite here as it was in the movie, then Freeza could likely endure a beating from Goku long enough for the amp to wear off, then proceed to stomp him.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Last edited by Galan007 on Mar 30th, 2019 at 10:42 PM

Old Post Mar 30th, 2019 10:34 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19

Originally posted by Galan007
I'm assuming this is Slug-era Goku(which would have been Namek-era Goku), given his opponents here.

Imo, if Goku can sustain the FSSJ amp he should mop the floor with these versions of Freeza, as he was demonstrably more powerful than Slug(before he became a Giant.) Goku wouldn't have been able to defeat Giant Slug on his own, but that's not overly surprising given that Giant Slug > Freeza and possibly even SSJ(per King Kai):
https://i.imgur.com/04whHmP.jpg

That said, if the FSSJ amp is as finite here as it was in the movie, then Freeza could likely endure a beating from Goku long enough for the amp to wear off, then proceed to stomp him.

The official Timeline has Namek taking place after(if only slightly) Lord Slug. By like a day or 2. Primarily Goku's fight against the Ginyu's and Frieza after his 100x Earth Gravity training. Training he didn't have against Slug.

Also, how accurate can King Kai's words be? As far as I know, Frieza never went above 1st Form before Namek and no one aside from his family even knew he had the ability. And when did King Kai get his eyes on a true Super Saiyan during a fight to gauge his power level against Frieza or Slug?

Beerus, for example, was surprised someone other than him existed who could kill Frieza.

Even Xenoverse 2 has unique dialogue conversations between Slug and Frieza that make it seem Frieza is vastly more powerful, with Slug being over his 1st Form, but weaker than his Final Form by a lot, which would in my opinion mean he's weaker than Third Form by some measure as well.

Last edited by KingD19 on Mar 30th, 2019 at 11:17 PM

Old Post Mar 30th, 2019 11:15 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by KingD19
The official Timeline has Namek taking place after(if only slightly) Lord Slug. By like a day or 2. Primarily Goku's fight against the Ginyu's and Frieza after his 100x Earth Gravity training. Training he didn't have against Slug.

Also, how accurate can King Kai's words be? As far as I know, Frieza never went above 1st Form before Namek and no one aside from his family even knew he had the ability. And when did King Kai get his eyes on a true Super Saiyan during a fight to gauge his power level against Frieza or Slug?

Beerus, for example, was surprised someone other than him existed who could kill Frieza.

Even Xenoverse 2 has unique dialogue conversations between Slug and Frieza that make it seem Frieza is vastly more powerful, with Slug being over his 1st Form, but weaker than his Final Form by a lot, which would in my opinion mean he's weaker than Third Form by some measure as well.
Daizenshuu 6 tells us when the Slug movie is set:
"From the fact that Goku has not yet become a Super Saiyan, this story takes place before the final showdown with Frieza. However, at this time Goku should be in the midst of his battle on Planet Namek."

Old Post Mar 30th, 2019 11:40 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DeadpoolXXX

was it ever stated how much of a boost false super saiayn gave goku?

Old Post Mar 31st, 2019 06:29 PM
DeadpoolXXX is currently offline Click here to Send DeadpoolXXX a Private Message Find more posts by DeadpoolXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

No.

We know it was below SSJ, but more than KKx20. Split in the middle and call it a 35x multiplier, I guess. /shrug

Last edited by Galan007 on Mar 31st, 2019 at 09:06 PM

Old Post Mar 31st, 2019 06:53 PM
BrolyBlack
Restricted

Account Restricted

What is false Ssj?

Old Post Mar 31st, 2019 07:22 PM
BrolyBlack is currently offline Click here to Send BrolyBlack a Private Message Find more posts by BrolyBlack Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by BrolyBlack
What is false Ssj?
https://dragonball.fandom.com/wiki/Pseudo_Super_Saiyan

Old Post Mar 31st, 2019 07:51 PM
Zelax

Assuming Freiza can hold out long enough, for Goku's false Ssj transformation to diminish. He should then, be able to stomp him effortlessly.

Last edited by Zelax on Mar 31st, 2019 at 08:56 PM

Old Post Mar 31st, 2019 08:46 PM
Zelax is currently offline Click here to Send Zelax a Private Message Find more posts by Zelax Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote