KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Anime / Manga » Anime 'Versus' Forum » Jiren vs LSSJ Broly

Jiren vs LSSJ Broly
Started by: abhilegend

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Jiren vs LSSJ Broly

FP Jiren vs DBS Broly. Who wins?

Old Post Sep 18th, 2020 07:24 PM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Broly wins.

It legit would have taken SSB Gogeta's most powerful attack to put FPSS Broly down -- he soaked everything else that was dished out, and just continued growing more powerful the entire time.

...And Jiren is obviously nowhere near Gogeta's level.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Last edited by Galan007 on Sep 18th, 2020 at 07:49 PM

Old Post Sep 18th, 2020 07:45 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

How much more powerful MUI Goku is to Gogeta, IYO? Because Goku said Broly was probably stronger than Beerus while Jiren is stronger than Belmod who was himself stronger than Beerus.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2020 07:49 PM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

SSB Gogeta is solidly above MUI Goku(ToP), imo.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2020 07:50 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Reason? Broly wasn't definitely stronger than Beerus while Jiren is.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2020 07:51 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

I've elaborated on it a bunch of different times before, but no, I do not think Jiren is definitively above Beerus(especially if you factor in the manga.) I think Jiren > the Destroyer of HIS universe(ie. Belmond), but not all Destroyers are created equal... And Beerus is solidly at the top of the Destroyer totem pole.

My personal scaling as of the Broly film is:
SSB Gogeta > FPSS Broly ~/> Beerus > MUI Goku(ToP) > LB Jiren.

Tbh, I think that the characters(namely Moro and Goku) are just now starting to get into Beerus' realm of power.

Last edited by Galan007 on Sep 18th, 2020 at 08:12 PM

Old Post Sep 18th, 2020 08:09 PM
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Didn't Belmond win in armwrestling against Beerus? At least in Anime as Whis states that Belmond is stronger than Beerus.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2020 08:14 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

An arm wrestling match isn't at all indicative of who would win in an all-out battle. We also don't know any of the particulars behind it(ie. when did it take place, was Beerus going all-out, etc.)

But more on point: there are several promotional sources(along with the lite novel) which cite Broly as the most powerful being that Goku and Vegeta had fought up to that point, which would put him above Jiren by default.

And tbh, Broly being > Jiren is also in-line with DB history. I mean, when has a primary antagonist/opponent ever decreased in power as the series has progressed? The baddies always get stronger with each arc.

Last edited by Galan007 on Sep 18th, 2020 at 08:39 PM

Old Post Sep 18th, 2020 08:34 PM
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Galan007
An arm wrestling match isn't at all indicative of who would win in an all-out battle. We also don't know any of the particulars behind it(ie. when did it take place, was Beerus going all-out, etc.)

But more on point: there are several promotional sources(along with the lite novel) which cite Broly as the most powerful being that Goku and Vegeta had fought up to that point, which would put him above Jiren by default.

And tbh, Broly being > Jiren is also in-line with DB history. I mean, when has a primary antagonist/opponent ever decreased in power as the series has progressed? The baddies always get stronger with each arc.

In other words its not definitive. Broly also fought with Golden Frieza for an hour while Jiren dismissed Frieza casually.

Does that mean Broly is more powerful than Beerus too?

Old Post Sep 19th, 2020 03:25 AM
carver9

Jiren>Broly. MUI Goku>Gogeta and Jiren did pretty good against MUI Goku. Jiren destroys here.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Sep 19th, 2020 03:54 AM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by abhilegend
In other words its not definitive. Broly also fought with Golden Frieza for an hour while Jiren dismissed Frieza casually.
That is just a remarkably high-end durability showing for Freeza. Post-ToP SSB Goku and SSB Vegeta get beat to shit by SS1 Broly within a few seconds, which forces them to literally flee the battlefield. Conversely, Freeza endures a beating from Broly for a full hour.

Moreover, the implication in the movie is that Freeza's power had grown considerably following the ToP(which makes sense, given his asinine potential.) That's why Vegeta still wanted to avidly train after the ToP -- he still considered Freeza to be a legitimate threat to both he and Goku, despite the gargantuan increases that each of them had also made during the ToP.

Aside from that, the lite novel states a few things: a.) that Broly was not actively trying to kill Freeza, and b.) that Broly had the most powerful ki Freeza had ever sensed... Which again, scales him above Jiren by default.

That was also baseline SS1 Broly. FPSS Broly(the green haired version you're using in this thread) was FAAAAR more powerful -- to the point where even Gogeta felt the need to powerup all the way from SS1 to SSB to combat him.

Originally posted by abhilegend
Does that mean Broly is more powerful than Beerus too?
As I said above: in terms of raw power, Broly is likely ~/> Beerus. That seemed to be the authorial intent when they had Goku say that he was "probably stronger" than Beerus.

Last edited by Galan007 on Sep 19th, 2020 at 12:15 PM

Old Post Sep 19th, 2020 12:13 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by carver9
Jiren>Broly. MUI Goku>Gogeta and Jiren did pretty good against MUI Goku. Jiren destroys here.
No less than 4-5 pieces of promotional material + interviews from the director + the lite novel state that Broly was the most powerful character they had ever faced up to that point.

You may not like it, but Broly > Jiren. Personal head-canon doesn't change that.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2020 12:14 PM
One Big Mob
Dead

The whole anime thing was stupid too. Whis acted like he knew exactly what universe and Destroyer the rumor came from and then he was surprised to see it came from Jiren's universe. "Rumor has it in the multiverse one being surpasses their Destroyer and that Destroyer is stronger than Beerus who beat him in an arm wrestling match... wonder what universe that being is from?"
Same thing that kept giving Goku stamina 3 times when he should have been laying on the floor for hours I guess. Not only that but inconsistent enough to assume he got more powerful with barely any stamina. Vegeta releases enough ki to transform him back to base in a move that previously killed him and he's at full power right after.

More importantly though, Abhi started off only using "SS" and now he's adding in the J. AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH

But anyway, if combining the canons then Beerus only lost to Quitela in arm wrestling which would imply the rumored being came from that universe and Beerus and Quitela are the last ones standing in a free for all.

And as potent as UI was in the anime, a lot of Jiren's stuff comes from the KK multiplier, and Blue is kind of a huge jobber form in the anime. It really doesn't match up to the completed form in the manga, and at worst they're equals. Basic Blue was a ways above Hit in the Manga for example while the completed Blue Form was above or equal to Merged Zamasu. The movie seems to follow the Manga Blue which would make sense with no eye raping forms in the movie when Goku would go eye rape mode at the drop of the hat.

Even if not you have Base Gogeta seemingly being above Blue Vegeta and Goku and then Broly having an extended rape session with SSB Gogeta.

As for Frieza, if you follow the anime, Goku one shotted a fresh Frieza right before TOP which is better than Jiren, Toppo, or Broly did, but we know he was below all by a large amount. Unless SS Broly is below pre-TOP Goku then it stands to reason that Frieza got a substantial power-up.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2020 02:39 PM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Genii96

Base gogeta is stronger than SSB Goku and Vegeta out together (that's how fusion works) and he can stack his own SSB on it. Even assuming he was only equal to SSB Goku/Vegeta. You'd have

Ssj gogeta= 50X SSB Goku
SSJ3 gogeta = 400X SSB Goku

Not even getting into god forms

Unless you think MUI is over 400X above SSB, you can't even put it in the same level as golden forms of a heavily low balled fusion

Old Post Sep 19th, 2020 07:08 PM
Genii96 is currently offline Click here to Send Genii96 a Private Message Find more posts by Genii96 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mendax
Hand of God

This. The threats always get worse, they never decline.

Raditz, to Nappa, to Vegeta, to Dodoria, to Zarbon, to the Ginyu Force, to Frieza, to Androids, to Cell, to Buu, to restrained Beerus, to Golden Frieza, to Hit, to Zamasu and Black, to Jiren, to Broly, to Moro.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2020 07:09 PM
Mendax is currently offline Click here to Send Mendax a Private Message Find more posts by Mendax Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by Genii96
Base gogeta is stronger than SSB Goku and Vegeta out together (that's how fusion works) and he can stack his own SSB on it. Even assuming he was only equal to SSB Goku/Vegeta. You'd have

Ssj gogeta= 50X SSB Goku
SSJ3 gogeta = 400X SSB Goku

Not even getting into god forms

Unless you think MUI is over 400X above SSB, you can't even put it in the same level as golden forms of a heavily low balled fusion
Yeah, base Gogeta was almost certainly > SSB Goku and SSB Vegeta individually, given how he was outpacing Broly before casually swatting away a few of his energy attacks.

But lets just assume base Gogeta = SSB Goku.

Like you said, that would put a theoretical SS3 Gogeta at 400x SSB Goku, per canon multipliers.

Now lets just assume that SSG is only 2x SS3, and SSB is only 2x SSG -- that would still put SSB Gogeta at 1,600x SSB Goku.

Good luck proving that MUI gleans anywhere near that much of an amp... And then remember that it's also a hysterically low-end figure, as the SSG/SSB multipliers are obviously much greater than what I cited above.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2020 07:24 PM
NotAllThatEvil
perpetual new guy.

Originally posted by Mendax
This. The threats always get worse, they never decline.

Raditz, to Nappa, to Vegeta, to Dodoria, to Zarbon, to the Ginyu Force, to Frieza, to Androids, to Cell, to Buu, to restrained Beerus, to Golden Frieza, to Hit, to Zamasu and Black, to Jiren, to Broly, to Moro.

I mean, isn't kid buu weaker than buuhan?

Old Post Sep 21st, 2020 04:23 PM
NotAllThatEvil is currently offline Click here to Send NotAllThatEvil a Private Message Find more posts by NotAllThatEvil Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Marvel
The Might of the Infinite

I think Joren would win.

His initial power level is higher and he’s less likely to mess around and allow Broly to power-up.

Plus he’s just a better combatant.

However if Jiren plays around he will lose.

Old Post Oct 16th, 2020 05:40 AM
Mr Marvel is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Marvel a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Marvel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

Battle of Gods --> Revival of F.

Old Post Oct 16th, 2020 06:12 AM
NewGuy01 is currently offline Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Aside from when he nullified the SDEB, Beerus was only using a micro-fraction of his power during BoG -- just enough to make his fight with n00b-SSG Goku interesting.

So from that perspective, RoF --> BoG.

*Of course we know that Beerus could easily rape RoF Golden Freeza and SSB Goku if he wanted to. I'm just taking about the immensely suppressed Beerus featured in BoG, as he was obviously not utilizing SSB-tier power against Goku there.

Last edited by Galan007 on Oct 16th, 2020 at 07:12 PM

Old Post Oct 16th, 2020 06:59 PM