KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Anime / Manga » Anime 'Versus' Forum » ToP #17 (Manga) vs Super Buu

ToP #17 (Manga) vs Super Buu
Started by: cdtm

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
cdtm

ToP #17 (Manga) vs Super Buu

Who wins?

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2020 01:45 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2020 03:20 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NotAllThatEvil
perpetual new guy.

What's stopping super buu from turning him into candy?

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2020 04:02 AM
NotAllThatEvil is currently offline Click here to Send NotAllThatEvil a Private Message Find more posts by NotAllThatEvil Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kento
The last Hokage

I really don't think everyone in the manga are astronomically that much more powerful than their Buu saga selves. Besides Goku and Vegeta with their God and Blue forms. So Super Buu might be able to win. Because Goku's ssj2 form is on par with what Trunks' showed at first and Goku said he's stronger than Gohan was back then.

So I doubt 17's power has extended into the realm of the higher echelons of Buu, along with not having a way to really kill Buu, I think Super Buu wins.

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2020 04:18 AM
Kento is currently offline Click here to Send Kento a Private Message Find more posts by Kento Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Goku said that #17 was almost as strong as he and Vegeta(and this was just after the ToP):

(please log in to view the image)

Heavily implying that #17 has advanced God-tier power... In which case he'd stomp any version of Boo casually.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Last edited by Galan007 on Oct 3rd, 2020 at 05:20 PM

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2020 04:48 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

^ Oolong and Puar are probably already planet-busters in DBS, we just don't know it

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2020 05:28 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NotAllThatEvil
perpetual new guy.

Puar did help with roshi's training

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2020 05:34 PM
NotAllThatEvil is currently offline Click here to Send NotAllThatEvil a Private Message Find more posts by NotAllThatEvil Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

quote: (post)
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
^ Oolong and Puar are probably already planet-busters in DBS, we just don't know it
thumb up

I reckon Yajirobe could also cut the planet in half.

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2020 05:38 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

The entire solar system, more like.

Oolong, Puar and even Korin are like ants to Yaji.

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2020 05:47 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Originally posted by Galan007
Goku said that #17 was almost as strong as he and Vegeta(and this was just after the ToP):

Heavily implying that #17 has advanced God-tier power... In which case he'd stomp any version of Boo casually.

This is true.

However, in the manga Goku only took their fight as far as SSJ3.

(How did Goku teleport against him?? No ki to lock on to)

And characters tend to exaggerate somewhat. I mean the Destroyer peanut gallery was saying SSJ god Goku and Toppo were already at a level comparable to them, which must be bs based on how irrelevant Master Blue Vegeta was to Beerus.

Unless a lot of Destructors really suck, to the point where Toppo would kick their asses.

Either way, I can't recall a real reason to believe Manga #17 is Blue level. SSJ3 alone would be a massive boost for him, which is why I paired him against Buu Saga Super Buu.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Last edited by cdtm on Oct 3rd, 2020 at 06:31 PM

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2020 06:26 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by cdtm
However, in the manga Goku only took their fight as far as SSJ3.
Right, and #17 was doing just fine against SS3 Goku(even getting the better of him a few different times), despite not really appearing to exert himself much at all.

And the final charged blast that #17 was about to launch at Goku also scared the shit out of him.

(How did Goku teleport against him?? No ki to lock on to)
Probably because he could see where he was teleporting to. /shrug

And characters tend to exaggerate somewhat.

I mean the Destroyer peanut gallery was saying SSJ god Goku and Toppo were already at a level comparable to them, which must be bs based on how irrelevant Master Blue Vegeta was to Beerus.

Unless a lot of Destructors really suck, to the point where Toppo would kick their asses.
No reason at all to assume that Goku was baselessly wanking #17's abilities in front on Beerus and Vegeta for the lulz.

And yeah, per the manga there is a pretty large disparity in power between Destroyers.

Either way, I can't recall a real reason to believe Manga #17 is Blue level. SSJ3 alone would be a massive boost for him, which is why I paired him against Buu Saga Super Buu.
He was already slapping around a SS3 Goku who was FAR more powerful than he would have been during the Boo saga. Pretty clear that Goku would've had to powerup to at least SSG to potentially bridge the gap, imo... And the fact that post-ToP Goku told Beerus that #17 is nearly on par with he and Vegeta(and neither of them disagreed) is telling.

But even if #17 is 'only' SSG-level, he'd still ragdoll all of Z combined.

Last edited by Galan007 on Oct 3rd, 2020 at 08:26 PM

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2020 08:22 PM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Yeah... no matter how you look at it, it's insane #17 got to this level just by park-ranging and babysitting Cell Juniors.

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2020 08:33 PM
NotAllThatEvil
perpetual new guy.

If he was that strong with practically doing nothing, how did trunks beat them in the future?

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2020 08:33 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Because they weren't that strong back then.

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2020 08:36 PM
cdtm

Is Android #18 as strong?

Because if they were smart, the ToP plan would have been Freeza's plan to exploit Frost. Hang back, let them clear away the fodder. Only unlike Frost, they could go full throttle without exausting themselves.

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2020 08:54 PM
NotAllThatEvil
perpetual new guy.

But he was that strong a few years from the current year as trunks is still baby

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2020 09:07 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Is Android #18 as strong?
The Moro arc has been treating them as peers, tbh.

Originally posted by NotAllThatEvil
But he was that strong a few years from the current year as trunks is still baby
Trunks noted that #17 and #18 from the mainstream timeline were much stronger than the Androids from his timeline. So maybe that has something to do with it?

But DBS scaling makes no f*cking sense, so I won't even try to rationalize such retarded leaps in power. /shrug

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2020 10:41 PM
cdtm

Future Trunks Zeno didn't even know Goku, so its pretty obvious these timelines are more akin to elseworld universes.

Future Trunks and Chibi Trunks personalities aren't even anywhere close to alike, in ways that can't be explained away by their environment and upbringing. The same way future #17 and #18 were complete psychopaths, yet never killed a single human in the mainstream timeline.

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2020 10:45 PM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Future Trunks and Chibi Trunks personalities aren't even anywhere close to alike

Well, duh.

That sort of thing happens when one matures, you know.

Old Post Oct 4th, 2020 01:46 PM
cdtm

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Well, duh.

That sort of thing happens when one matures, you know.

Not like that it doesn't. Loud boisterous kids tend to turn into the exact opposite of emo teens.

Old Post Oct 4th, 2020 01:54 PM