KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Anime / Manga » Anime 'Versus' Forum » Janemba vs Buuhan

Janemba vs Buuhan
Started by: abhilegend

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Janemba vs Buuhan

Who wins?

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2021 02:33 PM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Boohan.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2021 02:50 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Reason?

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2021 03:33 PM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

I have Janemba around Super Boo level. Boohan is a good bit above that.

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2021 03:45 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Gogeta?

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2021 04:18 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

What about him?

Last edited by Galan007 on Jun 23rd, 2021 at 03:02 AM

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2021 02:41 AM
Astner
The Ghost Who Walks

Super Saiyan 3 Goku held his own against Janemba for a while, but he didn't even want to fight Super Buu.

(please log in to view the image)
From Dragon Ball, chapter 508.

Old Post Jun 24th, 2021 02:12 PM
Astner is currently offline Click here to Send Astner a Private Message Find more posts by Astner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Scale of power, Janemba poops on Super Buu. His presence alone was warping reality and Goku outright said Janemba could destroy the entire Universe and this was before his transformation when he became more powerful.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Jun 24th, 2021 02:39 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Astner
The Ghost Who Walks

Janemba's influence on reality was due to his influence on hell. So it's not like he was creating a massive fireball or causing vacuum decay.

The implication in the manga was that Super Buu significantly more powerful than Goku. But Goku could hold his own against Janmeba.

Buu-han > Buu-tenks > Buu-collo > Super Buu > Janemba > Fat Buu > Kid Buu ≥ Evil Buu > Good Buu > Fat Janemba

Old Post Jun 24th, 2021 03:22 PM
Astner is currently offline Click here to Send Astner a Private Message Find more posts by Astner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Astner
Janemba's influence on reality was due to his influence on hell. So it's not like he was creating a massive fireball or causing vacuum decay.

The implication in the manga was that Super Buu significantly more powerful than Goku. But Goku could hold his own against Janmeba.

Buu-han > Buu-tenks > Buu-collo > Super Buu > Janemba > Fat Buu > Kid Buu ≥ Evil Buu > Good Buu > Fat Janemba

That was never mentioned and Goku said that Janemba had enough power in him to destroy the Universe.

Janemba was significantly more powerful than Goku. Goku felt that he needed to merge to beat him. Why mention this?

Based off power mentioned (Universal), the effects Janemba was having (warping reality) and Janemba also being more powerful than Super Saiyan 3, he shouldn't lose here.

Old Post Jun 24th, 2021 04:02 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by Astner

thumb up

Originally posted by carver9
Scale of power, Janemba poops on Super Buu. His presence alone was warping reality and Goku outright said Janemba could destroy the entire Universe and this was before his transformation when he became more powerful.
Janemba was passively beginning to warp reality, sure.

Boohan's scream was actively starting to break down dimensional walls, and would have soon destroyed the universe if Vegito hadn't stopped him.

Last edited by Galan007 on Jun 26th, 2021 at 12:36 PM

Old Post Jun 26th, 2021 12:32 PM
Astner
The Ghost Who Walks

Feats don't really matter for battles between Dragon Ball characters because it's internally consistent. Cell never destroyed the planet, but we still know he's stronger than Frieza who did.

The only case you could reasonable make for Super Buu being weaker than Janemba is that Goku was dead, and therefore could sustain his Super Saiyan 3 transformation.

The issue with this argument is he didn't know this when fighting Kid Buu. He tried to gather chi as Super Saiyan 3, but wasn't able to hold on to it. So he shouldn't have known this when he said that they didn't have a chance against Super Buu.

So what we're left with is:
  1. Super Buu >> Super Saiyan 3 Goku,
  2. Janemba > Super Saiyan 3 Goku,
  3. Super Saiyan 3 Goku > Fat Buu,
  4. Super Saiyan 3 Goku >> Kid Buu.

Chapter 509 "You know, I actually could've beaten the fat Boo with Super Saiyan 3 when I met him...but I wanted the new generation to make sure they could take care of themselves..." - Goku

Chapter 510 "Don't mind me. Finish him off! Build up your chi with Super Saiyan 3, and you should be able to obliterate him!" - Vegeta

Last edited by Astner on Jun 26th, 2021 at 06:01 PM

Old Post Jun 26th, 2021 05:57 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Feats of scale aren't something I typically argue in DB threads for that very reason: it is seldom an accurate measuring stick. But since carver implied that Janemba wins cuz "scale of power", I just wanted to remind him that Boohan canonically(it was referenced in the Daizenshuu) preformed an =/> feat. Point being: even the scale of Janemba's passive influence can't give him an auto-win against Boohan.

Anyway, Goku didn't discover that he was unable to reach full power SS3 in a mortal body until his fight with Pure Boo... So previously in the arc, when Goku stated that Super Boo was [far] stronger than himself, he was logically factoring in his FP!SS3.

My scaling basically mirrors yours:
Boohan > Bootenks > Mystic Gohan > Booccolo > Super Boo ~ SS3 Gotenks ~/> Janemba > FP!SS3 Goku > Pure Boo > Fat Boo ~/> Fat Janemba.

Last edited by Galan007 on Jun 26th, 2021 at 09:43 PM

Old Post Jun 26th, 2021 09:31 PM
Marikina

Goku claimed that Fat Janenba is the strongest ki he has ever felt, and he factors in Buu to that assertion since he mentions him when he transforms into SSJ3 against Fat Janenba. Since Gotenks can use his ghost attack in the movie then Goku can also be referring to Super Buu. Making Fat Janenba at least Ultimate Gohan level and Super Janenba Buuhan level or higher.

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2021 03:54 AM
Marikina is currently offline Click here to Send Marikina a Private Message Find more posts by Marikina Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

^ Character statements are usually pretty reliable in DB, but in this case there are a few glaring contradictions that we can't just ignore...

Regardless of Goku's statement, he proceeded to throttle Fat Janemba without much difficulty once he went SS3:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbkNLpzdsfY&t=1m40s
ie. FP!SS3 Goku >> Fat Janemba

Additionally, FP!SS3 Goku was able to do pretty well(all things considered) against final form Janemba:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xg49-Z5a8-g
Janemba was obviously still superior, but the fact that Goku could at least put up a fight tells us that the gap between them wasn't overly vast.

Flip side, Goku outright stated that Super Boo was [far] stronger than himself... To the point where Goku(the dipshit who is typically willing to fight anyone at anytime, regardless of the circumstances) felt that it would be suicide to try and fight Super Boo, and didn't even attempt to engage him:
https://ibb.co/5KC7NGN
*As I mentioned above, Goku would have logically been factoring in his full power SS3 when he made that assessment/statement, as he was not yet aware that his mortal body was incapable of handling the full power of SS3. Therefore we can conclude that Super Boo > FP!SS3 Goku >> Fat Janemba.

This is, again, why I have final form Janemba around Super Boo's level.

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2021 05:10 PM
Marikina

Originally posted by Galan007
^ Character statements are usually pretty reliable in DB, but in this case there are a few glaring contradictions that we can't just ignore...

Regardless of Goku's statement, he proceeded to throttle Fat Janemba without much difficulty once he went SS3:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbkNLpzdsfY&t=1m40s
ie. FP!SS3 Goku >> Fat Janemba

Additionally, FP!SS3 Goku was able to do pretty well(all things considered) against final form Janemba:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xg49-Z5a8-g
Janemba was obviously still superior, but the fact that Goku could at least put up a fight tells us that the gap between them wasn't overly vast.

Flip side, Goku outright stated that Super Boo was [far] stronger than himself... To the point where Goku(the dipshit who is typically willing to fight anyone at anytime, regardless of the circumstances) felt that it would be suicide to try and fight Super Boo, and didn't even attempt to engage him:
https://ibb.co/5KC7NGN
*As I mentioned above, Goku would have logically been factoring in his full power SS3 when he made that assessment/statement, as he was not yet aware that his mortal body was incapable of handling the full power of SS3. Therefore we can conclude that Super Boo > FP!SS3 Goku >> Fat Janemba.

This is, again, why I have final form Janemba around Super Boo's level.

I just chalk that up to Movie Goku being stronger than Canon Goku. He did outperform both Ultimate Gohan and Gotenks against Hirudegarn in the next film, despite the latter two being stronger than him and Super Buu in canon.

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2021 03:04 AM
Marikina is currently offline Click here to Send Marikina a Private Message Find more posts by Marikina Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by Marikina
I just chalk that up to Movie Goku being stronger than Canon Goku.
I mean, he was stronger in a way.

Movie #12 Goku was still in his dead/spirit body, and was therefore capable of tapping into the full power of SS3. Conversely, canon Goku, in his living body, was not capable of doing so -- he never reached FP!SS3 in the manga, because his mortal body couldn't handle it.

However, Goku only learned that he was not able to fully power up as SS3 during the final battle with Pure Boo. That's why the statement he made about his power being [far] inferior to that of Super Boo is important: at that point in the story, Goku would have logically been factoring in FP!SS3... And still didn't think he'd have a chance.

He did outperform both Ultimate Gohan and Gotenks against Hirudegarn in the next film, despite the latter two being stronger than him and Super Buu in canon.
Movie levels/scaling are often quite broken and borderline unreliable. For example, Movie #13 Goku outpreformed both SS3 Gotenks and Ultimate Gohan... In his baseline SS1 state.

So it seems more likely that the power of Gotenks and Gohan were simply shit on/forgotten in that movie, for the sole purpose of allowing Goku to shine. Unless you're really of the opinion that SS1 Goku > SS3 Gotenks & Ultimate Gohan. /shrug

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2021 03:16 PM
carver9

Goku discovered a weakness in Hirudegarn, that's how he defeated him and lasted.

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2021 05:15 PM
Marikina

Originally posted by Galan007
I mean, he was stronger in a way.

Movie #12 Goku was still in his dead/spirit body, and was therefore capable of tapping into the full power of SS3. Conversely, canon Goku, in his living body, was not capable of doing so -- he never reached FP!SS3 in the manga, because his mortal body couldn't handle it.

However, Goku only learned that he was not able to fully power up as SS3 during the final battle with Pure Boo. That's why the statement he made about his power being [far] inferior to that of Super Boo is important: at that point in the story, Goku would have logically been factoring in FP!SS3... And still didn't think he'd have a chance.

Goku also told Vegeta in the movie that the gap between them grew bigger since the last time they met because he had a body in the afterlife and was training.

quote:

Movie levels/scaling are often quite broken and borderline unreliable. For example, Movie #13 Goku outpreformed both SS3 Gotenks and Ultimate Gohan... In his baseline SS1 state.

So it seems more likely that the power of Gotenks and Gohan were simply shit on/forgotten in that movie, for the sole purpose of allowing Goku to shine. Unless you're really of the opinion that SS1 Goku > SS3 Gotenks & Ultimate Gohan. /shrug

Goku was SSJ2 in movie 12, and he lost to the transformed Hirudegarn just like his kids.

Originally posted by carver9
Goku discovered a weakness in Hirudegarn, that's how he defeated him and lasted.

SSJ3 Goku was literally no-selling punches from Hirudegarn.

Old Post Jul 4th, 2021 02:18 AM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Goku also told Vegeta in the movie that the gap between them grew bigger since the last time they met because he had a body in the afterlife and was training.
Not exactly sure what angle you're taking here, but doesn't that hold true in manga canon as well?

Goku rigorously trained in the afterlife, and increased his overall power to a point where Vegeta couldn't match any of his forms without the Majin amp.

Goku was SSJ2 in movie 12, and he lost to the transformed Hirudegarn just like his kids.
You're right, it was SS2... But the point still stands.

Transformed Hirudegarn one-shot KO'd both SS3 Gotenks and Ultimate Gohan. Flip side, SS2 Goku soaked multiple strikes from the same Hirudegarn before he was briefly KO'd. Don't think I'm willing to agree that SS2 Goku is actually on par with(much less superior to) Gotenks/Gohan... I think it's more likely that the duo's actual "manga levels" were just outright ignored in that Movie so Goku could take the spotlight again(like he did in almost every DB Movie.)

Either that or:
SS3 Goku >> SS2 Goku ~/> Ultimate Gohan ~ SS3 Gotenks.

So do we think Movie-verse Goku was just THAT ridiculously powerful, or do we think the others were just THAT ridiculously nerfed..?

Last edited by Galan007 on Jul 4th, 2021 at 03:18 AM

Old Post Jul 4th, 2021 03:10 AM