KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Battlezone » Evangel's Amalgam Tournament: Battle 3, guatam vs Khellendros (Vote Now!)

Evangel's Amalgam Tournament: Battle 3, guatam vs Khellendros (Vote Now!)
Started by: Evangel94

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Evangel94
Premium Member

Evangel's Amalgam Tournament: Battle 3, guatam vs Khellendros (Vote Now!)

This battle will take place in barren desert with little water and no moisture. The battlefield is indestructible.

Contestants will post their own strategies.

Vote Now!

quote:

gautam

Dr. Cain Kallark

Dr. Fate - Magical abilities, mind, powers
Juggernaut - powers, durability, body
Gladiator - powers

Juggernaut
http://www.marveldirectory.com/xoop...php?entryID=366

Dr. Fate
http://www.mykey3000.com/cosmicteam...les/drfate.html

Gladiator
http://www.marveldirectory.com/indi...gladiatorii.htm

vs

Khellendros

Mr. Blackstrom:

Mr. Majestic: Mind/Body/abilities/powers
Maelstrom: powers/Kinetic draining
Black Bolt: powers/scream

Mr Majestic
http://www.internationalhero.co.uk/m/majestic.htm

Blackbolt
http://www.angelfire.com/scifi/terr.../BlackBolt.html

Maelstrom
http://www.marveldirectory.com/indi...m/maelstrom.htm

Forever Young...

Old Post May 14th, 2005 02:55 AM
Evangel94 is currently offline Click here to Send Evangel94 a Private Message Find more posts by Evangel94 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

don't think the air/moisture issue will be a factor for either of these guys

Do you even KMC???

Old Post May 14th, 2005 03:02 AM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Khellendros
Sin in Pants

What kind of desert? Sand, rock? If you don't reply in ten minutes, I'm going to assume its not a sand-covered desert.

Old Post May 14th, 2005 03:28 AM
Khellendros is currently offline Click here to Send Khellendros a Private Message Find more posts by Khellendros Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

"Barren" would imply nothing but I think that lots of sand is usually assumed when talking about a desert.

-DM

Old Post May 14th, 2005 03:31 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Khellendros
Sin in Pants

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DigiMark007
"Barren" would imply nothing but I think that lots of sand is usually assumed when talking about a desert.

-DM

Barren tells me nothing but rock/soil, too, but I wanted to at least ask first.

Old Post May 14th, 2005 03:33 AM
Khellendros is currently offline Click here to Send Khellendros a Private Message Find more posts by Khellendros Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dizzle
KMC Authority!!!

Since both of you can fly and all, does it really matter? I'd say sand desert though, since that would be the steryotype of a desert. (hell, some people consider Antarctica a desert...) If you have some kind of magical plan involving lots of sand, all the more power to you.

DarkCrawler is my hero... RESPECT LEONARD NIMOY!!!

Old Post May 14th, 2005 03:38 AM
Dizzle is currently offline Click here to Send Dizzle a Private Message Find more posts by Dizzle Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Khellendros
Sin in Pants

Originally posted by Dizzle
Since both of you can fly and all, does it really matter? I'd say sand desert though, since that would be the steryotype of a desert. (hell, some people consider Antarctica a desert...) If you have some kind of magical plan involving lots of sand, all the more power to you.

It matters to me, and since the ten minutes is up, I'm gonna go run off and put the finishing touches on my opening strategy.

Old Post May 14th, 2005 03:40 AM
Khellendros
Sin in Pants

Since he has knowledge of the names of the component characters he is about to face, one can assume Blackstrom will know that Gladiator is likely a very powerful fighter, Juggernaut is, well, a Juggernaut and Dr. Fate likely deals in magic. Since he has full use of his powers (see my character history posted in the review and confirmation thread), Blackstrom only takes five minutes of prep, drawing in electron power to increase his strength by ten times it usual level as well as his increasing speed and reaction time. As the soon as the fight begins, Blackstrom surrounds himself in a forcefied while sapping Dr. Cain's kinetic energy, making it nearly impossible to move. Flying in at top speed, he goes immediately for the helmet, tearing it off and the skullcap with it. Once the helmet is off and Blackstrom is up close, he can scream at point blank range, when a whisper or spoken word have been enough to knock Gladiator and Hulk out. Or he can lash out with his electron powers, disrupting Dr. Cain's synapses the same way Nimrod has taken Juggernaut down before. He can also temporarily soften the indestructible landscape with his matter manipulation powers and shove Dr. Kallark down into solid, indestructible rock and let it harden. Any of these would be performed at speedblitz velocities, against an opponent whose human brain can only think at a fraction of the speed Gladiator's power grants the body.

Old Post May 14th, 2005 03:46 AM
K Von Doom
Second fiddle

Originally posted by Khellendros
Since he has knowledge of the names of the component characters he is about to face, one can assume Blackstrom will know that Gladiator is likely a very powerful fighter, Juggernaut is, well, a Juggernaut and Dr. Fate likely deals in magic.

How would someone come to the conclusion that a character called "Dr Fate" deals in magic? confused

Old Post May 14th, 2005 12:02 PM
K Von Doom is currently offline Click here to Send K Von Doom a Private Message Find more posts by K Von Doom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Khellendros
Sin in Pants

What, are you gonna name a flying brick Dr. Fate? I don't think so. It's either magic or precognition. And if it was precognition he'd find out pretty damn quick that that was the case if his opponent knew every move he was going to make.

Old Post May 14th, 2005 12:15 PM
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

What are the rules of us watching???
Can I talk?
Or should I just let them fight?

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post May 14th, 2005 12:43 PM
long pig is currently offline Click here to Send long pig a Private Message Find more posts by long pig Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Khellendros
Sin in Pants

Originally posted by long pig
Can I talk?

Do you really think Evangel will answer you? Did she ever answer when you PMed her about Supreme?

Old Post May 14th, 2005 12:47 PM
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

I was kinda asking you and the rest.

She got back to me on the supreme thing, she said for me to basically prove it.

It's cool though, I was just freaked I had to fight Rob's version of supreme.

-edit-

Supa-Mayne!

Last edited by long pig on May 14th, 2005 at 01:17 PM

Old Post May 14th, 2005 01:08 PM
long pig is currently offline Click here to Send long pig a Private Message Find more posts by long pig Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

<<What are the rules of us watching???
Can I talk?
Or should I just let them fight?>>

i was wondering the same thing. maybe we can chime in after a certain amount of time? i don't think it's right that outsiders interfere in what should be a debate between contestants, but i think i already bungled that in the first battle by giving too many of my own two cents. so, what IS the deal with outside opinions in these battles?

Old Post May 14th, 2005 02:54 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

I think it's my personality, I already countered everything he said 20 times in my own mind and i wanna say it but.....dammit.
I did say it and i edited it cuz it'd be unfair.

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post May 14th, 2005 03:05 PM
gautam

k...i have a small question....can one stop juggernaut by taking away his kinetic energy...cause i thought that once he started to move in one way....he could not be moved

Old Post May 14th, 2005 03:34 PM
gautam is currently offline Click here to Send gautam a Private Message Find more posts by gautam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Originally posted by gautam
k...i have a small question....can one stop juggernaut by taking away his kinetic energy...cause i thought that once he started to move in one way....he could not be moved

Not a clue, but if I were you I'd start debating it like there's no way in hell that he could (among other things).

-DM

P.S. ...my take on longpig's question...I think that points of clarification or small questions, and then brief reasons why we voted for someone are ok. But in general, we should probably leave the debating of individual points to Khell and gautam.

Last edited by Digi on May 14th, 2005 at 03:40 PM

Old Post May 14th, 2005 03:37 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
Not a clue, but if I were you I'd start debating it like there's no way in hell that he could (among other things).

-DM

lol exactly.
plus um....grrr...dammit!

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post May 14th, 2005 03:41 PM
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

<<Not a clue, but if I were you I'd start debating it like there's no way in hell that he could (among other things).>>

<<lol exactly.
plus um....grrr...dammit!>>

HA! and ditto.

(interlude) - by the way, it's nice to read a thread that DOESN'T want to make me scream! that spidey/wolvie thread . . . brrrr -- sorry, had to get that off my chest. - (end interlude.)

back to the debating!

Old Post May 14th, 2005 03:47 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

Originally posted by long pig
Can I talk?

i would think we should jump in if we think someone's strategy is against the rules...... but not offer any new attack plans or counter strategies

ie.... Khells reference to his character history and having full command of all his abilities..... i'm working under the assumption that the amalgams are newly created and have only the 1 or 2 hours given to try and find out their new abilities...... therefore you have to show how the prep time would be used to gain any level of control over your "mind" characters new powers

Do you even KMC???

Old Post May 14th, 2005 03:53 PM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote