KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Battlezone » Evangel's Amalgam Tournament: Digimark vs Scarletspider (Vote Now!)

Evangel's Amalgam Tournament: Digimark vs Scarletspider (Vote Now!)
Started by: Evangel94

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Evangel94
Premium Member

Evangel's Amalgam Tournament: Digimark vs Scarletspider (Vote Now!)

The following battle takes place on Pluto, the farthest planet from the sun. Assume there is a breathable atmosphere.

Note to all tournament participants: Do not wait for a participant to vote. If the tournament participant does not show up then you must vote based on what you think. The thread will be closed even if the participant wins by one vote. (ie 1 to 0).
quote:

ScarletSpider

Since Scarlet Spider hasn’t pm’ed me so I have created his combination.

If you have a problem with this please PM me Scarlet.

Sersi: powers/mind
Moonstone: powers/body
Impulse: powers

Impulse/Kid Flash II
http://www.hyperborea.org/flash/bart.html

Moonstone
http://www.marveldirectory.com/xoop...php?entryID=486

Sersi
http://www.norse-man.net/Marvel/Char-S/Sersi.htm

vs

DigiMark007

General Kinky!
General Zod - powers/outer armor
Apollo - body/powers
Loki - mind/powers

ZOD
http://spider-bob.com/villains/dc/GeneralZod.htm

Loki
http://www.marveldirectory.com/individuals/l/loki.htm

Apollo...from The Authority
http://members.tripod.com/rikmertens/image/apollo.html

quote:

Hi all. This is DigiMark. Hopefully I’m back from vacation, but if not I will be soon (Sunday afternoon/night, eastern U.S. time). In any case, I’m looking forward to this battle.

Evangel’s been taking care of the links and character info, so look above for a description of General Kinky. And I’ll post pictures of him soon…

But before anything else, let me tell you a little bit about my character…particularly Apollo…

Part I:

At base level, Apollo is no better than your average Superman type…he’s probably even less powerful. But when he soaks up enough sun radiation he’s exponentially more powerful (he has a much, much higher full potential than Superman or almost any other Supes clone). He’s tons stronger, can heal amazingly fast, can generate heat-plasma for long periods of time, etc.

Here’s the kicker…Zod’s armor emits red sun radiation from inside. Continuously. Right against the skin of Apollo. Apollo will have his primary source of energy, one that makes him much better than your average Superman-clone in every conceivable way, right against him.

An example: Apollo once fought a powerful telepath who gained the strength of the people he controlled. At one point, he controls about 13 million people (this is straight from the comic). If those 13 Mil can bench press an average of 100 pounds, that’s nearly 700,000 Tons of strength….not pounds, TONS. Apollo gets his ass whipped but then goes and charges up for a while before their next fight. When they fight again, the telepath controls about 70% of the world’s population, according to the most accurate data The Authority could gather.

And Apollo holds his own with him. Even if it was only 13 Mil, Apollo would have to be near 700,000 Ton level…but given the fact that the telepath has roughly 70% of the world’s population, we’re talking Billions of people. It wouldn’t be a stretch to put Apollo in the MILLION+ ton category by this point. During the fight, he lifts up the telepath’s main building (similar in size to the Empire State Building…it’s in Los Angeles, but it’s easily the largest building in L.A.) Buildings that size are easily hundreds of thousands of tons. And Apollo’s smiling while he lifts it. (From The Authority: Volume 2, Issue 9)

Superman, Hulk, and other similar characters have been known to lift things that are hundreds of thousands of tons (like Hulk lifting the mountain), but not often, and not that convincingly…in other words they’re struggling a lot more than Apollo is with the building, so this assessment of Apollo’s strength isn’t preposterous. At the start of the fight, with my hour of prep, Apollo might only be at, we’ll say 300,000 tons, but probably more…but as the fight goes on, he’ll get stronger, faster, heal more easily, and generally get lots better.

The numbers and examples aren’t the biggest issue here. The main point is that my character is physically light-years beyond yours, and will only get better as the fight goes on.

Part II:

“Fine,” you say, “but you’ll never catch me…I have a Flash.” That’s where Loki comes in…

Apollo alone would have a decent shot. Bart (Flash) isn’t light-speed, and he also can’t “steal” speed. Sersi will also be controlling it, so you’ll be nowhere near speed-force mastery. Apollo flies damn fast as well, and when properly charged may even be able to fly faster than Bart can run. You’ll have the advantage in reflexes, no doubt, but probably not much, if any at all, in sheer speed.

But Loki will be doing his part too. He’s running the mind of Gen. Kinky, and only had to learn to punch harder and fly faster with his prep…Sersi was tasked with mastering the speed force, and also Moonstone’s enhancing magics. Not an easy task.

Furthermore, Sersi won’t be casting spells with Flash-speed. Her reflexes and speed are improved, but not her thought speed. It’s still her same mind, not Bart’s, and that’s the mind that has to cast the spells. The thoughts take time to form, it takes time to muster the thought and the will to cast them. The only thing that would speed up is the reflexes of casting the spell…so maybe she’s a bit faster, but not much. Not enough to make a difference.

Loki’s from Marvel, so he’d be well aware of Sersi (a fellow sorcerer) and her powers…and if not, he’s at least very experienced with fighting sorcerers of her level. He’s constructed shields that have withstood Thor’s hammer…good luck getting past them. With his prep, he’ll make sure his shields are sufficient to block anything magical that’s thrown at him.

But Loki is also a telepath, and a sneaky one at that. He doesn’t shut down minds, but rather magically influences them, and his “influence” has been known to break through even formidable magical and/or telepathic forces (i.e. he’s done it to Odin before). Some self-defeating thoughts and an image of herself stuck in quicksand should do it, but the effect will be to slow your character down considerably. Sersi is most likely fumbling over the speed force anyway, so this shouldn’t be hard.

“But wait,” you say, “Sersi’s a powerful telepath…that ain’t happening.” Just wait…
I read in the bio that Sersi can phase through solid matter and teleport. Loki can do those things too (and can also do everything else Sersi’s bio says about her and more). So between Apollo’s body flying around at near light-speed, and Loki’s mind phasing and teleporting himself when necessary, not only will it be next to impossible for you to sustain any offense against me, but eventually I’m going to hit you. One hit will be all it takes…not to kill you (though it might…hehe), but to give me an opportunity. One class (probably around 500,000+) punch will throw your guy for a loop (Your Moonstone “body” might not even be qualified to survive such a blow.) At this point I think it’s safe to say there’d be a momentary lapse in concentration of the mental and/or magical kind…either way you’re in trouble.

Loki’s magical bolts, Apollo’s merciless sun-powered punches, possibly some heat vision to boot (Apollo can create a “spread” effect with his heat vision, so you’d be getting covered with intense energy…not just hit by a single beam). Even if the hit ratio is as much as 50:1 (or more) in your character’s favor (but it won’t be), that “1” does a hell of a lot more to your guy than the “50” would ever do to me (assuming you got through Loki’s shields at all). And chances are, if I get a hit in, you’ll be jarred so badly that the hit ratio will be nowhere near 50:1 and will probably be more like 1:1. Besides, Zod’s armor has withstood barrages from Superman…Apollo could take even more than that. Loki’s magic trumps Sersi’s. And even if you manage to hurt me, Apollo will be healing faster than anything you could dish out.

At this point of the fight, you’d be in a world of pain…and all it takes is one slip up, because as I see it, if General Kinky gets a hold of you, you’re screwed. Apollo’s speed and Loki’s magic would make it happen. And any damage you manage to inflict on me would be quickly healed…the sun radiation helps Apollo there too. All in all, you might be able to avoid me for a hell of a long time, but Kinky has too many options at his disposal. Eventually I’d get a hit in, or a magical bolt…then it’s all over. And in the meantime, I can’t see your character doing anything terribly harmful to me.

…that’s all I got for now…I look forward to the rest of this.

-DM

Forever Young...

Old Post May 19th, 2005 09:22 PM
Evangel94 is currently offline Click here to Send Evangel94 a Private Message Find more posts by Evangel94 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

when i read that this fight was on Pluto i thought

"hehehe, Digi is using Apollo's body.... he's totally screwed"

i didn't know Zod's armour provided solar radiation

the plan sounds good, but i wanna see what SS says

Do you even KMC???

Old Post May 19th, 2005 09:38 PM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

as it stands i'll vote for Digi....... but only because i waited too long for more info in the last battle and my vote wasn't counted.......

i'll be happy to reconsider if Scarlet Spider presents a decent counter strategy

Do you even KMC???

Old Post May 19th, 2005 10:11 PM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

this may seem like multiple posting........ and it is.......... but it hasn't been pinned and no-one else has responded..... so it makes it difficult not to multiple post when i have a question

are shield creation (or any other type of enhanced defence creation) definitely permitted in the prep time to be used in the fight?

this has and will come up in every round, so getting a direct answer would benefit everyone (Evangel.... this means you)

Do you even KMC???

Old Post May 19th, 2005 10:41 PM
Dizzle
KMC Authority!!!

Damn... And I thought Nataku was doing good with power melding. Well thought out Digi, quite a powerhouse you've made here.

DarkCrawler is my hero... RESPECT LEONARD NIMOY!!!

Old Post May 19th, 2005 11:27 PM
Dizzle is currently offline Click here to Send Dizzle a Private Message Find more posts by Dizzle Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

ah, digi. perhaps picking you SECOND wasn't my best prediction . . . well thought out. i knew you'd be a bad a$$.

Old Post May 19th, 2005 11:36 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Khellendros
Sin in Pants

O_O

DAMN son! Nice one Digi. I'm praying Scarlet shows up and makes this a good fight.

Old Post May 20th, 2005 01:17 AM
Khellendros is currently offline Click here to Send Khellendros a Private Message Find more posts by Khellendros Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nataku8188
KMC Tyrant

Voting for Digi. Although Apollo looks leagues above Herald level to me (Now that I actually look at the character)

This forum sucks.

Old Post May 20th, 2005 02:09 AM
Nataku8188 is currently offline Click here to Send Nataku8188 a Private Message Find more posts by Nataku8188 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
stormfront13

well doesn't scarlet start put way behind since he hasn't voted on the three other threads?

Old Post May 20th, 2005 02:18 AM
stormfront13 is currently offline Click here to Send stormfront13 a Private Message Find more posts by stormfront13 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dizzle
KMC Authority!!!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Nataku8188
Voting for Digi. Although Apollo looks leagues above Herald level to me (Now that I actually look at the character)

I don't think he is, cuz he doesn't charge up that fast normally... He's in the millions of tons class here because Zod's suit provides a constant supply of solar power.

Old Post May 20th, 2005 03:31 AM
Dizzle is currently offline Click here to Send Dizzle a Private Message Find more posts by Dizzle Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

Even so, you can't do things that are past herald level.
Digi's guy sounds neat.

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post May 20th, 2005 03:40 AM
long pig is currently offline Click here to Send long pig a Private Message Find more posts by long pig Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Khellendros
Sin in Pants

Well, Scarlet has been gone for the entire tournament, and isn't showing any signs of showing up now. So I'm putting my vote in for Digi, cause unles Scarlet swoops in and does some magnificent debating, I don't see him winning this.

Old Post May 20th, 2005 04:04 AM
Khellendros is currently offline Click here to Send Khellendros a Private Message Find more posts by Khellendros Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dizzle
KMC Authority!!!

Originally posted by long pig
Even so, you can't do things that are past herald level.

I'm pretty sure that was the point of the whole amalgam thing... Taking the powers of weaker characters and making them into a god character.

Using nataku as an example, his dude had surfer's powers, who was the upper limit of the possible candidates, using Hulk's rage abilities to boost his strength and cosmic powers to godly proportions. Khell has Black Bolt's electron powers enhancing Mr. Majestic's already impressive strength and speed. I'd say Digi's combination is very legal, and quite impressive. Good call Digi.

Old Post May 20th, 2005 04:22 AM
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
I'm pretty sure that was the point of the whole amalgam thing... Taking the powers of weaker characters and making them into a god character.

I'd have thought the same thing if Evang' didn't tell me different herself.

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post May 20th, 2005 04:31 AM
long pig is currently offline Click here to Send long pig a Private Message Find more posts by long pig Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Quick Freeze
GLC Memeber

YOU MAKE ME PROUD!

Make your own dream team here!

Old Post May 20th, 2005 06:28 AM
Quick Freeze is currently offline Click here to Send Quick Freeze a Private Message Find more posts by Quick Freeze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

Originally posted by Dizzle

I'd have thought the same thing if Evang' didn't tell me different herself.

it'd be impossible NOT to go above herald level with most of the combinations in the tournament..... i asked at the start if you were allowed to pick three herald level beings and Evangel said yes..... 2 herald (or even lower) levels can easily make one above herald being.... ie - the Keeper

i think Digi's usage is fine

Do you even KMC???

Last edited by Scoobless on May 20th, 2005 at 08:54 PM

Old Post May 20th, 2005 08:46 PM
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

Hopefully i took what she said wrong, cuz if not, it wouldn't make any sense.

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post May 20th, 2005 08:53 PM
Scoobless
sselboocS

Hopefully i took what she said wrong, cuz if not, it wouldn't make any sense.

plus i'd have to completely redo my current write up....... evil face

Do you even KMC???

Old Post May 20th, 2005 08:56 PM
K Von Doom
Second fiddle

Originally posted by Scoobless
plus i'd have to completely redo my current write up....... evil face

What's the point? I'm taking you down in two panels stick out tongue

Old Post May 20th, 2005 10:34 PM
K Von Doom is currently offline Click here to Send K Von Doom a Private Message Find more posts by K Von Doom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

Originally posted by K Von Doom
What's the point? I'm taking you down in two panels stick out tongue

i'll panel you

laughing

Do you even KMC???

Old Post May 20th, 2005 10:36 PM