KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Battlezone » Nataku's Amalgam tournament, final round... Scoobless vs Longpig!!!

Nataku's Amalgam tournament, final round... Scoobless vs Longpig!!!
Started by: Nataku8188

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Nataku8188
KMC Tyrant

Nataku's Amalgam tournament, final round... Scoobless vs Longpig!!!

This battle shall take place in New York city.

Scoobless

Flash Thordon

Quasar: Mind/Quantum Bands
Flash: Power
Thor: Body/Hammer/Power

Flash (Wally West)
http://www.hyperborea.org/flash/wally.html

Quasar
http://www.quantumzone.org/behind_t...ntum-bands.html

Thor
http://www.avengersforever.org/char.../Characters.asp

vs

Longpig

Absorbing Man - Body, powers
Flash - Powers
Dr Strange -magical fighting ability mind and powers

Dr Strange
http://www.marveldirectory.com/xoop...php?entryID=223

Flash (Barry)
http://www.dcuguide.com/profile.php?name=flash2

Absorbing Man
http://www.marveldirectory.com/xoop...y.php?entryID=2

This forum sucks.

Old Post Aug 10th, 2005 04:30 AM
Nataku8188 is currently offline Click here to Send Nataku8188 a Private Message Find more posts by Nataku8188 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

I have two tactics, but this one is what I'll put up first.

----------------------One Hour Prep----------------------------------

Conjures the EOA to go on his forehead. ET=30 seconds

Turns into Iron. ET=Instantaneous

Conjures his shields. ET-Instant

Conjures his Astral Ring. ET-Few seconds.

Conjures his illusions........I here recently read in DS# 42 where Strange conjured 1000 of them in a split second(I have scans, if you need them.).
Very nice. 1000 it is. ET=Instant

Conjures again the Crystal of Cyttorak around his body, goes to Astral Form. ET=1minute
To add further protection the time compression spell is caste around the area of the Crystal. ET=1minute
(Basically, if the hammer is thrown at or if Flash Thordon decides to ram the Crystal, he's/it's gonna get stuck in time compression. )

Casts invisibility spell over the Crystal. ET=Few seconds.

--------------------------End of Prep------------------------------------

----------------------------Stratagem-----------------------------------

As soon as the bell rings, I send my illusions to rush forth as hard as they possibly can. I'm going to go after Flash Thordon's weakest point, his mind.

Quasar's mind is all but normal human, he can try to put up quantum barriers in his mind all he wants, but just like magic passes through his quantum shields, magical telepathy will pass through his quantum barriers.
Only high level mystics and high level Psi's can see the Astral form(and even then they might not be able to if the Astral form wills itself invisible), Quasar is neither.

All the illusions will be going at him with their own small amount of telepathy, not enough to actually hurt him, but to chip away at his concentration enough for me to break out my spells and my own personal telepathy attacks backed by the Eye of Agamotto.

The first spell that goes against him is the spell of confusion and forgetfulness. (Yes, Mjolnir can absorb magical blasts, but he's never been able to absorb spells.)
Seeing Quasar's mind isn't very strong, those spells will work on him as they would a normal human.

As the spell starts working it's magic, Thordon will lose more and more concentration....wondering just exactly what he's doing here.....
I'd be surprised if Thordon is still holding his hammer at this point.

If he isn't holding his hammer, he's going to be blasted to hell and back with magical blasts that have taken out 2 of the top 10 most powerful beings in all creation.
If he still has his hammer.....I won't blast him yet.

The second spell is Mists of Munnopor, it basically a mist that instantly appears around the victim's face poisoning the air they breath(Yes, Thor breaths, as does Odin who was taken down by a similar spell.)

When he finally starts to loose consciousness and fall under the spell of total and utter confusion and forgetfulness and poison, I undo my spell of the Crystal and use them instead as the bands of Cyttorak which will hold Thordon completely and utterly helpless. I also undo my time compression spell and turn it upon Thordon to keep him from struggling, if any, he may do.

Again I go for the incapacitation win.

Short and sweet.
Basically one of the only two ways to totally dominate Thordon without the fear of being harmed myself.

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Aug 10th, 2005 06:08 AM
long pig is currently offline Click here to Send long pig a Private Message Find more posts by long pig Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

that's a whole lot of spell-casting to be doing at the outset of the match..... the word "Instant" is relative..... what is "instant" to Strange moves at a snails pace to Thordon... in fact by the time you've thought of the first spell to perform you'll be on the receiving end of a power blast that would bring Galactus to his knee's (Mjolnir boosted with all the energy the Quantum bands can muster).... and hit so suddenly and furiously that Absorbing Man couldn't hope to adapt in time.... and if he did manage to start absorbing he'd explode

quote: (post)
Originally posted by long pig
As soon as the bell rings, I .........

basically, as soon as you've registered the bell ringing in your mind, you'll be under an enormously powerful assault

this basically disrupts the rest of your plan, forcing you to go on the defensive (unless you're knocked out or destroyed by the initial blast)

i'm talking about the blasts i used in the first match..... pooling Quasar's unlimited energy supply, funneling it through Mjolnir (which in turn will multiply it), adding Mjolnir's own energies and firing them out in a continual energy wave that will destroy everything in it's path, this will be backed up with small (but powerful) quantum constructs flying at you faster than light.... shredding any magical defensive shields you could throw up, or, more likely, already have in place prior to the match

i'm unsure if you can go astral before the match as your physical presence is required on the battlefield

time compression..... hmmm... i saw a scan you posted once... i don't think it said exactly how compressed time gets under that spell.... but as Thordon has the capacity to move so fast that he can time travel i doubt it'll be effective against a quick strike attack... especially with the relativity factor... ie... moving faster that light himself, then blasting his energies in front of him even faster, and possibly using the quantum boosted hammer attack throw again (as in the last round) which would travel with even more speed

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Aug 10th, 2005 03:57 PM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
stormfront13

as far as those 2 strategies go my vote goes to long pig, but I can still be persuaded seeing as it is early

Old Post Aug 10th, 2005 04:42 PM
stormfront13 is currently offline Click here to Send stormfront13 a Private Message Find more posts by stormfront13 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nataku8188
KMC Tyrant

I hate magic. I'm torn, I love longpig, and I love scoobless... but longpig has magic...

Good thing I'm not voting!

This forum sucks.

Old Post Aug 10th, 2005 07:52 PM
Nataku8188 is currently offline Click here to Send Nataku8188 a Private Message Find more posts by Nataku8188 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zachrivard
Kratos

Flash Thordon is not that muck faster than longpig
i vote for longpig, but scoobless still could win

Dr. Polaris," Arent you gonna wash your hands?" Lex Luthor,"........No, Cause I'm Evil." thanks to digi for the sig

Old Post Aug 10th, 2005 08:59 PM
zachrivard is currently offline Click here to Send zachrivard a Private Message Find more posts by zachrivard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

Originally posted by zachrivard
Flash Thordon is not that muck faster than longpig
i vote for longpig, but scoobless still could win

he is faster, much faster in movement thanks to the Quantum Bands, and faster in reaction because of Wally ..... and much more practiced.... every prep time we've had so far i've been increasing control over my speed... LP has done nothing but use magic..... at this point the speed difference is huge

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Aug 10th, 2005 09:42 PM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

I'll be keeping an eye on this battle, and won't cast a vote just yet, but for the moment I'm leaning toward Scoob. Brief explanation: A telepathic spell would take time and concentration, and in the meantime Q-constructs can ruin Strange's shields and what-not.

But I'm sure lp will find an issue where Strange casts the "anti-Thor" spell, so I'll stay tuned...

And a congrats to both of you by the way. Scoob making a bid for a repeat and LP intelligently utilizing the single best pick in the tourney...both excellent jobs.

-DM

Old Post Aug 10th, 2005 10:22 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dizzle
KMC Authority!!!

Not gonna vote yet, seeing as LP has yet to unleash his master plan the second... But since the Q constructs pretty much bypass magic, LP's body isn't moving, and Mr. Thordon is a mite faster, I'm leaning towards Scoob. But then again, alternative strategies are there for a reason.

DarkCrawler is my hero... RESPECT LEONARD NIMOY!!!

Old Post Aug 10th, 2005 10:59 PM
Dizzle is currently offline Click here to Send Dizzle a Private Message Find more posts by Dizzle Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
that's a whole lot of spell-casting to be doing at the outset of the match..... the word "Instant" is relative..... what is "instant" to Strange moves at a snails pace to Thordon...

How do you figure you are any faster than me?

We both have the layer of Flash that speeds up our reaction times.
You are no faster than me....at all.

quote:
in fact by the time you've thought of the first spell to perform you'll be on the receiving end of a power blast that would bring Galactus to his knee's (Mjolnir boosted with all the energy the Quantum bands can muster)

Will I?
How will you see me? I'd be im Astral Form....Quasar can't see Astral form. You'd be too busy trying to figure out which is the real Strange of all the illusions, which none of them will be.

Did you forget I'm in Astral plane?

quote:
.... and hit so suddenly and furiously that Absorbing Man couldn't hope to adapt in time.... and if he did manage to start absorbing he'd explode

What exactly are you hitting? You won't see me, you won't see my body and you won't be able to get to it even if you do somehow see it.

quote:
basically, as soon as you've registered the bell ringing in your mind, you'll be under an enormously powerful assault

We are basically the same speed.
My reactions are backed by Flash, so are yours.

quote:
this basically disrupts the rest of your plan, forcing you to go on the defensive (unless you're knocked out or destroyed by the initial blast)

Did you not even read my strategy?
You're not hitting anything. You will see 1000 Stranges attacking you and that's it.

quote:
i'm talking about the blasts i used in the first match..... pooling Quasar's unlimited energy supply, funneling it through Mjolnir

Quasar can't even boost his own strength with the quantum bands, you won't be able to boost your hammer.

Show me one scan where Quasar boosted his strength with the bands.

quote:
shredding any magical defensive shields you could throw up, or, more likely, already have in place prior to the match

Only the seriphem shields may be effected.....it's doubtful that it's true.
The Crimson Bands aren't shields, they are binding forces.

Can you show any proof that quantum forces pass through magic shields? Or are you only looking at a Quasar fansite like the one you gave Evangle?

There is no proof that quasar can effect magic shields, it's a theory by a fan. Nothing more.

Quantum energy won't pass through the Crimson Bands, they aren't the same as shields.

quote:
i'm unsure if you can go astral before the match as your physical presence is required on the battlefield

You can. I asked a long time ago if it was ok. It was.

quote:
time compression..... hmmm... i saw a scan you posted once... i don't think it said exactly how compressed time gets under that spell....

The black hole?
No.
The time compression he put around an atomic countdown clock. It made the clock and everything in its area slowed down and stopped.

quote:
but as Thordon has the capacity to move so fast that he can time travel i doubt it'll be effective against a quick strike attack... especially with the relativity factor

If Flash goes faster than light, he time travels....but he doesn't know where he will end up. Possibly off the battlefield giving me a win.

If you leave the battlefield, you get DQ'd. Time Travel is definatly leaving the field.
Unless.....that's how you want to do it....we can definatly play dirty.

To recap:
You aren't faster than me, you can't see me in Astral Form, you won't know who is the real Strange out of all those 1000 illusions...all attacking you.

You won't see the crystal, you won't effect the crystal, you can't charge your hammer.....did I miss anything?

I still don't even think you will know how to work your hammer.
The people who picked up Mjolnir as was able to use it got a portion of Thor's conciousness from the hammer itself......you only have Quasar's conciousness.

You can't have both Thor's conciousness and Quasar's, so therefore, you won't know how to use your hammer....at all.

Supa-Mayne!

Last edited by long pig on Aug 10th, 2005 at 11:53 PM

Old Post Aug 10th, 2005 11:44 PM
long pig is currently offline Click here to Send long pig a Private Message Find more posts by long pig Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dark Thor
Restricted

Account Restricted

long pig. Too lazy to explain

Old Post Aug 11th, 2005 01:01 AM
Dark Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Dark Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Dark Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The King of All

long pig, due to his lengthy rebuttle

Old Post Aug 11th, 2005 04:53 AM
The King of All is currently offline Click here to Send The King of All a Private Message Find more posts by The King of All Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Well, Scoob's in luck (partially). Both Dark Thor and The King of All were here after May. Sorry fellas, but your votes won't be counting. It prevents some interested parties from voting, but also acts as a safeguard for the tourney (Evangel's original rules, not mine).

So Scoob is still losing, but only 2-0. Not 4-0.

Also, "due to his lengthy rebuttle" is a bit of a suspect reason to vote. If sheer number of words won you fights, I'm pretty sure Sentry would be in this fight right now (or Nat/SF for their 21 page epic battle).

-DM

Old Post Aug 11th, 2005 04:59 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Khellendros
Sin in Pants

Scoobless. He has the FAR FAR better Flash and two different ways of screwing with Strange's magic.

Old Post Aug 11th, 2005 10:28 AM
Khellendros is currently offline Click here to Send Khellendros a Private Message Find more posts by Khellendros Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

edit

Supa-Mayne!

Last edited by long pig on Aug 11th, 2005 at 10:51 AM

Old Post Aug 11th, 2005 10:47 AM
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

How is Wally better?
As soon as Wally goes past light speed he goes into the Speed Force dimention, which means he's DQ'd for leaving the battlefield.

So he can only go near lightspeed, same as Barry Allen.

There isn't a difference between the two Flashes here.

Unless we CAN go into other dimensions, then of course that's where my body will be shunted while I'll stay in this plane only in Astral Form.

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Aug 11th, 2005 10:51 AM
Khellendros
Sin in Pants

How is Wally better?
As soon as Wally goes past light speed he goes into the Speed Force dimention, which means he's DQ'd for leaving the battlefield.

So he can only go near lightspeed, same as Barry Allen.

There isn't a difference between the two Flashes here.

Wally goes past light speed, he hangs out in the Speed Force for a while but comes back. The one time Barry hit light speed, he basically died (converted to pure energy, likely joined the Speed force, which is the afterlife for speedsters). Wally has been unequivocally stated to be faster than both previous flashes. Wasn't going to that much detail about why Wally is better, but you did ask.

Last edited by Khellendros on Aug 11th, 2005 at 10:56 AM

Old Post Aug 11th, 2005 10:53 AM
Khellendros is currently offline Click here to Send Khellendros a Private Message Find more posts by Khellendros Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

Exactly, Wally can't go faster than light unless he goes into the Speed Force Dimension, which isn't allowed here.

Wally is faster only because of his speed force connection, otherwise, he's the same as Barry.

Wally=Barry until Wally goes into the Speed Force....and since he can't do that here, he's exactly the same as barry.

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Aug 11th, 2005 10:56 AM
Khellendros
Sin in Pants

Exactly, Wally can't go faster than light unless he goes into the Speed Force Dimension, which isn't allowed here.

Wally is faster only because of his speed force connection, otherwise, he's the same as Barry.

...That's kinda like saying Superman is only so powerful because of his stored solar energy. Obviously, without it, he'd be screwed, but he does... thus you have the Man of Steel.

Old Post Aug 11th, 2005 10:59 AM
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

Your point is taken....

But it was stated directly that there is no dimension hopping allowed, that was a drawback of having Wally.

The rules of the tourney basically neutered his ability to go FTL.

I mean, if we can go to other dimensions, then I'd like to know for myself so I can use it for my advantage.
Do you think we can, Khell?

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Aug 11th, 2005 11:09 AM