KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Battlezone » Street Level Tourney: Drafting - Round 2

Street Level Tourney: Drafting - Round 2
Started by: DigiMark007

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Digi
Forum Leader

Street Level Tourney: Drafting - Round 2

Here it is boys. Impress me.

Once again, the rules...

1. PM me with your pick, don't post it here.

2. Stay within the limits for the tourney. I'll post them below.

3. Only one pick. Don't give me "I want Spider-Man and if he's taken I want Slade, and if he's taken..."

4. Provide a link to an online profile/bio of the person that establishes that they are within the limits.

5. Switching characters from earlier rounds is allowed, but send a seperate PM to inform me of this, and provide the link to your new pick.

Good luck...have fun.

Old Post Aug 31st, 2005 03:38 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Limits: In general, the limit is "powerful street level" which includes up to Spider-Man and his villians. Carnage is a bit beyond them, so he is banned. But anything “below” Carnage is acceptable.
-Strength: Class 15 (Venom limit).
Speed: Enhanced Human (Spider-Man limit)
Durability: Below Luke Cage (i.e. Cage is banned, any below is ok) Black Panther is ok.
No magic (that includes anything…spells, items, etc.)
No telepathy or telekinesis (Psylocke is ok though, and non TK shields that don’t make the character ‘beyond Carnage’ are ok)
No phasing, illusions, invisibility, or flight
Energy Projection Limit: Upper limit Cyclops. Acceptable picks would include Gambit, Electro, Shocker, etc.
Healing Limit: Deadpool

Characters come equipped with “standard equipment” (I'm not knowledgable enough to know what each character's standard equipment is, but Bats will at least have a few batarangs and his "latcher" and whatever other standard stuff he normally has, Cap will have his shield, Daredevil will have his cane-weapon thingy, Wolverine will have a couple fanboys to use as a human shield, etc.)

Specific Banned Members: Longshot, Luke Cage, Havoc, Carnage, Omega Red, T-1000 Terminator, Multiple Man

Character Notes: Cyclops cannot take off his visor.

Other Notes: Characters do NOT have to be from comics. But you must still provide a credible link/bio for them and they must meet the criteria for the tournament. Also, characters will understand that they are in a death-match scenario. Thus, an argument of “Spider-Man never kills” is invalid.

Last edited by Digi on Aug 31st, 2005 at 03:46 PM

Old Post Aug 31st, 2005 03:41 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Old Post Aug 31st, 2005 03:47 PM
Digi
Forum Leader

Old Post Aug 31st, 2005 03:51 PM
Digi
Forum Leader

Old Post Aug 31st, 2005 05:11 PM
Digi
Forum Leader

Old Post Aug 31st, 2005 05:47 PM
Digi
Forum Leader

Old Post Aug 31st, 2005 05:48 PM
Digi
Forum Leader

Squirrel Girl has been picked.

http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix/sqlgrl.htm

Old Post Aug 31st, 2005 05:48 PM
Laminator_X
Once & Future KMC Hawkeye

*edit*

...You are Number Six. Respect Popeye

Last edited by Digi on Aug 31st, 2005 at 05:58 PM

Old Post Aug 31st, 2005 05:55 PM
Laminator_X is currently offline Click here to Send Laminator_X a Private Message Find more posts by Laminator_X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

lol @ squirrel girl

laughing

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Aug 31st, 2005 05:56 PM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Vanth Dreadstar has been selected.

http://www.internationalhero.co.uk/d/dredstar.htm

The bio isn't perfect but the person told me that the "magic" sword enhances his strength 10x over, can absorb most energy attacks and redirect them, and increase his healing slightly (but still nowhere near Wolverine level). He also wields a low-level laser gun. Technically the sword is magic, but unless anyone has a huge problem with it he seems ok. He's still vulnerable to piercing and punches, and otherwise he's not terribly powerful.

Old Post Aug 31st, 2005 05:57 PM
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

Monkey joe!!!

Was that a serious pick? I mean, she DID beat Doom.

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Aug 31st, 2005 05:57 PM
long pig is currently offline Click here to Send long pig a Private Message Find more posts by long pig Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

Monkey Joe is dead

sad

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Aug 31st, 2005 05:59 PM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinzin

squirrel girl................................

What the f**k?

BWAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHA laughing out loud

Old Post Aug 31st, 2005 06:01 PM
jinzin is currently offline Click here to Send jinzin a Private Message Find more posts by jinzin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Harry Leland has been chosen

http://www.mutanthigh.com/leland.html

I initially questioned this pick, but I was told that he can make people slightly more dense so it's harder for them to fully use their movement, and make them lighter so that they lose their footing and whatnot. Nothing too omnipotent like immobilizing them or making them float away.

Old Post Aug 31st, 2005 06:02 PM
Digi
Forum Leader

Squirrel girl doesn't seem entirely stupid...looks like a half decent power set (though I'm sure there's better people). I can't wait to see if that person randomly draws a forest for a battle and summons armies of squirrels to aid in the fight.

Old Post Aug 31st, 2005 06:04 PM
Scoobless
sselboocS

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Laminator_X
*edit*

lol

laughing out loud

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Aug 31st, 2005 06:04 PM
Digi
Forum Leader

War Lord of Darkness (from Super Nintendo's "War - Call From Above") has been picked.

http://www.freewebs.com/thebestgamebios/index.htm

Old Post Aug 31st, 2005 06:06 PM
jinzin

Originally posted by DigiMark007
Squirrel girl doesn't seem entirely stupid...looks like a half decent power set (though I'm sure there's better people). I can't wait to see if that person randomly draws a forest for a battle and summons armies of squirrels to aid in the fight.

laughing out loud

hahahahahaha squirrel girl hahahahahahaha

rolling on floor laughing

Old Post Aug 31st, 2005 06:07 PM
jinzin is currently offline Click here to Send jinzin a Private Message Find more posts by jinzin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Laminator_X
Once & Future KMC Hawkeye

Originally posted by Laminator_X
*edit*

Sorry, that was snarky of me.

...You are Number Six. Respect Popeye

Old Post Aug 31st, 2005 06:08 PM
Laminator_X is currently offline Click here to Send Laminator_X a Private Message Find more posts by Laminator_X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote