KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Battlezone » Street Tourney: General Discussion Thread

Street Tourney: General Discussion Thread
Started by: DigiMark007

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (53): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Digi
Forum Leader

Street Tourney: Odds & Ends

Not much will happen on this thread right now. A lot will be PM's and such. This will also eventually become the "General Tourney Discussion Thread" to keep random questions and comments out of the battles.

Here's what I need...

1. A name for your amalgam. PM it to me or announce it if you don't care who knows (i.e. "Deathlok the Venomous" might want to PM).

2. Equipment - Many of you I have talked to, and I'll try to PM as many of you as possible. But you can also PM me with what you think should be your amalgam's equipment. Only stuff that the characters regularly have. Wolverine, for example, would get nothing....just himself.

3. Body - Everything transfers to your amalgam except for appearence, strength, and durability. You have to choose a body for this. So if you have Spider-Man and U.S. Agent for example...you can't add strength and durability. SM's agility, spider-sense, etc. transfers regardless, as does both picks' fighting ability and other powers...but you'd have to choose between them (Spidey would make the logical choice here since he's Class 15 as opposed to USAgent's Class 10).

4. I'll also be PM'ing you with "Character Notes" that say things like "Spider-Woman III does not have her ability to fly." and similar stuff to nail down exactly what powers each amalgam has. If you have problems with what I suggest, please let me know.

5. Last day to switch characters is Friday. Unless a pick is subsequently banned, all picks are final starting Saturday.

6. Battles start Sunday. Scoob/JP and Dizzle/Sentry will be up first.

7. Participants (everyone) must vote in at least 3 first round matches besides their own or they will lose a vote in round 2 (provided they win your first match). Everyone should want to vote in all the matches anyway, but this is just extra incentive.

...I won't have a ton of time tonight...but I'll get to you all eventually. If there are further announcements or issues to be discussed, I'll post them here.

-DM

Last edited by Digi on Sep 7th, 2005 at 03:43 AM

Old Post Sep 7th, 2005 03:38 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hulk_Power

Cool.....so what's this about? I don't get it.....

Check out the Hulk Respect Thread

Old Post Sep 7th, 2005 03:53 AM
Hulk_Power is currently offline Click here to Send Hulk_Power a Private Message Find more posts by Hulk_Power Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dizzle
KMC Authority!!!

This is the post drafting, pre fighting thread. It's also gonna be for random tourney questions...

It's basically for fully defining the limits of each character, so no one tries to cheat and go overboard with some hidden tactic. A well as getting names set.

DarkCrawler is my hero... RESPECT LEONARD NIMOY!!!

Old Post Sep 7th, 2005 03:59 AM
Dizzle is currently offline Click here to Send Dizzle a Private Message Find more posts by Dizzle Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hulk_Power

So what does that mean? I don't get any of this because I've never been in any tourney....

Old Post Sep 7th, 2005 04:02 AM
Hulk_Power is currently offline Click here to Send Hulk_Power a Private Message Find more posts by Hulk_Power Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dizzle
KMC Authority!!!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Hulk Power
So what does that mean? I don't get any of this because I've never been in any tourney....

Everyone has drafted the 3 characters of their amalgams. This thread is here to make sure that Digi knows everyone's approximate power levels before the fights start, to ensure fairness and whatnot. After this, the fights are going to start, and this will become a thread for general questions about the tournament.

The names are in this thread becasue you kind of need all 3 parts of the amalgam to properly name him.

DarkCrawler is my hero... RESPECT LEONARD NIMOY!!!

Old Post Sep 7th, 2005 04:10 AM
Dizzle is currently offline Click here to Send Dizzle a Private Message Find more posts by Dizzle Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hulk_Power

Oh alright. I think I get it. confused

Old Post Sep 7th, 2005 04:12 AM
Digi
Forum Leader

To HP: We had drafts (within certain character limits). In about a week fights will start and we'll have a 16-man tourney to determine a winner. We have 16 participating already but you're free to watch and vote in the matches if you want.

Old Post Sep 7th, 2005 04:39 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hulk_Power

Alright. Thanks for the heads up.

Old Post Sep 7th, 2005 04:41 AM
Digi
Forum Leader

I'm doing the character notes now before a lot of people have names for their amalgams...so the the whole name thing kinda wasn't needed like I thought it would be. I still like the idea though since it gives the amalgams more of an identity, so I'm glad I made it a rule.

Old Post Sep 7th, 2005 04:42 AM
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

Maybe we should wait until the everyone stop changing their picks before we tell our names/bodything stuff?

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Sep 7th, 2005 05:41 AM
long pig is currently offline Click here to Send long pig a Private Message Find more posts by long pig Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

Question:
Can we add layers of protection over our characters?

Say if I have Black Panther and someone else with body armor, can I overlap the armor to make myself more durable?

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Sep 7th, 2005 06:32 AM
long pig is currently offline Click here to Send long pig a Private Message Find more posts by long pig Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nataku8188
KMC Tyrant

Originally posted by long pig
Question:
Can we add layers of protection over our characters?

Say if I have Black Panther and someone else with body armor, can I overlap the armor to make myself more durable?

I'd say it'd probably make it harder to move, unless you have like the predator's armor, which is just external plates, which could sit right ontop of the stuff BP wears. Whereas mixing BP's armor with Azrael's armor would make an extra thick, extra hard to move in, armor.

Funny how they all wear spandex, but call it 'armor'. Damn you Batman!

I dub this the Power Rangers Phenomena.

This forum sucks.

Old Post Sep 7th, 2005 10:09 AM
Nataku8188 is currently offline Click here to Send Nataku8188 a Private Message Find more posts by Nataku8188 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

i actually considered drafting the red ranger.... but i couldn't find a decent bio on him

embarrasment

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Sep 7th, 2005 02:39 PM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Yeah you can overlap armor if you want...but I honestly don't think anyone's in that situation.

I won't be announcing anything. Name, body, specs, etc. won't be posted until the battles. If you want to announce your own name and bio and stuff you're welcome to.

{Edit} haha...Red Ranger... laughing out loud

Last edited by Digi on Sep 7th, 2005 at 03:51 PM

Old Post Sep 7th, 2005 03:46 PM
Scoobless
sselboocS

what?.... he had a laser pistol and a cool sword that turned into a laser cannon.... plus everytime there was an explosion he would do a backflip, rub his chest, then swing his arms around wildly while telling everyone to grab their weapons.... then it was only a matter of firing without aiming... occasionally the intended victim would survive and grow to gargantuan proportions... then he would simply shout on his pet dinobot Grimlock, transform it and stab the bad guy with a giant dino-sword.... it would blow up, he'd turn around, swing the sword about wildly .... then pose for as long as was needed to make sure the baddie didn't get up again..... i'm pretty sure he's undefeated

big grin

Do you even KMC???

Last edited by Scoobless on Sep 7th, 2005 at 04:16 PM

Old Post Sep 7th, 2005 04:05 PM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Laminator_X
Once & Future KMC Hawkeye

Does the Dinobot Grimlock mean that the Rangers occupt the same world as the Transformers and GI-Joe? The marksmanship seems about constant.

...You are Number Six. Respect Popeye

Old Post Sep 7th, 2005 06:36 PM
Laminator_X is currently offline Click here to Send Laminator_X a Private Message Find more posts by Laminator_X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Laminator_X
Once & Future KMC Hawkeye

A question that occurs to me is how much info about their opponents will the Amalgams have entering each battle? Just the characters' personal knoweledge? Their reputations? A one paragraph brief? Nothing at all? Will they be aware of the other bouts in the tournament as the rounds advance?

I'm not backing any of the above options, I'm just wondering from a strategy standpoint.

...You are Number Six. Respect Popeye

Old Post Sep 7th, 2005 06:40 PM
Laminator_X is currently offline Click here to Send Laminator_X a Private Message Find more posts by Laminator_X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Well, you'll be aware of the battles, but not your amalgam.

Amalgams will be newly formed but will have the experiences and minds of all 3. You'll retain experience from your battles, but will go back to 100% after each fight.

You'll get the links for your opponent as well as the character notes which will describe limits and banned powers.

Also, Cassidy has been replaced with Bloodscream

http://www.answers.com/topic/bloodscream

Decapitation will still count as a win, even though it technically wouldn't kill Bloodscream.

Old Post Sep 7th, 2005 08:09 PM
Adam Warlock
Adam is with Team Magik

Hey Digi, can you post a list of everyone that's been picked. I would have gone looking for it myself, but the search function has been disabled.

So can you? Please smile

Old Post Sep 7th, 2005 08:14 PM
Adam Warlock is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Warlock a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Warlock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Khellendros
Sin in Pants

Originally posted by DigiMark007
Well, you'll be aware of the battles, but not your amalgam.

Amalgams will be newly formed but will have the experiences and minds of all 3. You'll retain experience from your battles, but will go back to 100% after each fight.

You'll get the links for your opponent as well as the character notes which will describe limits and banned powers.

Also, Cassidy has been replaced with Bloodscream

http://www.answers.com/topic/bloodscream

Decapitation will still count as a win, even though it technically wouldn't kill Bloodscream.

So, is the "make someone bleed by touching them" thing okay?

EDIT: nevermind, it doesn't work against mutants. A ton of us probably have one of those in our amalgam.

Old Post Sep 7th, 2005 08:14 PM
Khellendros is currently offline Click here to Send Khellendros a Private Message Find more posts by Khellendros Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote