KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Battlezone » Street Tourney: Fight #1

Street Tourney: Fight #1
Started by: DigiMark007

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (9): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Digi
Forum Leader

Street Tourney: Fight #1

*Fanfare plays. Digimark enters wearing a robe of golden vibranium silk*

Let the tourney begin!

If you wish to vote, please state who you are voting for in this thread and possibly provide a (very) brief explanation why. Please also wait until a fair amount of debating has taken place. The fight will remain up for roughly a week.

Voting eligibility date: Must be a member as of July 31. Anyone who joined after that date will not be counted. I reserve final judgement on all voting.

First match: Scoobless vs. jplatinum

One quick Note...I want this match to be fair. If you're a JP fanboy (you know who you are) please refrain from voting in the match. I want it to be about amalgams and debating, not popularity and real-world punching speed.

Scoobless –
Name: The Scarlet Cyborg
General Grievous (body) - http://comics.ign.com/objects/739/739481.html
http://www.supershadow.com/pictures...ievous_ep3.html
http://www.answers.com/topic/general-grievous
Scarlet Spider - http://www.samruby.com/Heroes/Scarl...arletspider.htm
Kull Warrior - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kull_Warrior
http://www.gateworld.net/omnipedia/...lwarriors.shtml
http://www.nationmaster.com/encyclopedia/Kull-Warriors

Equipment: Lightsabers (4), Kull armor, wrist cannons (2), web shooters (2), impact webbing, paralysis stingers

Character Notes: The Kull armor only covers 2 of Grievous' arms. The wrist cannons fire mid-level bursts of energy, capable of searing flesh and causing moderate concussive damage. The stingers can pierce normal skin but will not penetrate most types of armor. They cause the body to become significantly paralyzed, but the affect can be countered efficiently by most healing factors.
Kull armor: The armor negates nearly all energy attacks, and severly dulls high-level energy attacks. It can be pierced by anything harder/sharper than hard forms of metal, but resists regular bullets. Repeated concussive force (punches, grenades, etc.) can and will jar the wearer significantly.
Lightsabers: Can cut through flesh fairly easily and light types of armor and/or weaponry. However, nigh-indestructible materials such as adamantium, promethium, vibranium, or similarly tough substances will stop a lightsaber, and most armor and metal will slow the blades but not completely stop them (titanium, most types of armor, etc.)
Spidey’s reaction: Easily dodge attacks from untrained opponents, and can dodge bullets/arrows/well trained opponents a modest amount of the time. Innate ‘warning’ system will also allow him to deflect or partially avoid blows or projectiles a modest amount of the time, thus incurring less-than-total damage from the blow/projectile

JPlatinum -
Name:
Kenshin Himura - http://www.absoluteanime.com/ruroun...hin/kenshin.htm
Liu Kang - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liu_Ka...at_character%29
Terry McGinnis - http://www.batmanbeyond.com/FLASH/index.html

Equipment: Kenshin’s sword, Terry’s Batsuit, 10 Batarangs

Character Notes: Kenshin can run many times faster than an average human, though the exact speed is not known. The blade has been known to cut through multiple (thick) tree trunks in one swipe. The glider and rocket-boots have been removed from the batsuit (no flight) but all other upgrades apply. Suit is bullet-proof and protects against a moderate amount of laser fire and a considerable amount of electrical damage. It increases the wearer’s strength roughly 10x.

JP failed to name his amalgam. Therefore, I shall name it Kirbilactus! big grin

Questions/comments in other thread. Let's not bog down the fight with excess talking.

cool

Old Post Sep 11th, 2005 04:21 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

Scarlet Cyborg immediately jumps backwards while starting a rapid fire barrage from both wrist cannons and spraying webbing... one tag is all that's needed to slow/stop Kirbi's movements enough for a follow up plasma blast or impact webbing strike.... either will incapacitate for at least long enough for multiple plasma strikes.... and a lightsaber blitz finishes it

cool

(please log in to view the image)

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Sep 11th, 2005 04:36 PM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Battle Location: Fight takes place in the streets of Moscow. It is winter, and the time is midnight. Snow drifts gently to the ground and occasionally a Russian citizen walks nearby. Combatants start on opposite sides of a large building, not aware of where the other is but knowing that they are in a fight.

Oh, crap, forgot about this too....

Prep time: 15 minutes of prep in a neutral environment (we'll make it a nondescript room for this fight). At the end of the prep combatants are teleported to the fight's location and the battle begins immediately.

Old Post Sep 11th, 2005 04:37 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

damn... so not face to face.... lol

using his Spider sense to warn him when he's getting close to his victim the Scarlet Cyborg silently stalks though the building

If SC spots Kirbi first then it's a simple matter of plasma blasts/lightsaber strike to the head and it's over

If Kirbi spots the Cyborg first then the spider sense will alert him enabling him to fight face to face with no surprise first strikes from Kirbi

in this scenario see my first post

cool

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Sep 11th, 2005 04:43 PM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

The Scarlet Cyborg

Identity/Class: Armoured Cyborg Killing Machine

Group Membership: The Empire, Army of Anubis

Affiliations: Vader, Sidious, Anubis

Enemies: Jedi, Tau'Ri

Known Relatives: None living.... evil face

Aliases: The General, He Who Must Not Be Named

Base of Operations: Mobile

Height: 2.16 meters or 7 ft. 1 in.

First Appearance: B.S comic #02 (February 1436)

Powers/Abilities: The General is a highly advanced cyborg of alien design, His ultra tough Alloy structure is backed up with the extremely formidable Kull Warrior armour, which covers the entirety of his frame (with the exception of his 2 lower arms) making him all but invincible to energy based attacks and grants him a much higher level of protection against concussive force than he has without it (though his Cyborg form can withstand much more physical force than a regular human, or Kaleesh, even without the armour)

His cyborg body grants him considerable physical strength enabling him to lift up to 8 tons

The general does not tire, does not weaken through sustained physical exertion and will not stop until his opponents are dead

He is also possessed of a sixth sense which warns him of danger moments before it occurs, his highly enhanced speed and agility makes avoiding these dangers a simple feat

The General carries a variety of offensive and defensive weaponry:

4 Lightsabers: (the weapons of the Galactically renowned Jedi) capable of cutting through virtually any material in the universe

2 Rapid Fire Plasma Cannons: worn on the wrists of the Kull armoured appendages, these plasma weapons will kill an unprotected body on impact and will burn through most standard body armour with extreme ease, denser armour (thick steel, Titanium, etc) will become superheated by these plasma blasts causing high levels of discomfort for the wearer... repeated shots will melt through even the toughest titanium...... (they cannot burn through super-metals such as adamantium)

2 Webshooters: worn on the wrists, these projectile a high tensile polymer capable of withstanding tremendous amounts of force, a very good way to incapacitate almost any opponent,

the webshooters also fire "Impact Webbing" similar to the standard webbing in strength, but fired as small round projectiles that expand and engulf the target upon impact, enabling for much easier incapacitation

lastly, the Webshooters also fire small darts called "Stingers" the function of these stingers is to paralyse the victim, one or two darts will cause instant paralysis in any being without a so called "healing factor" but will slow the reactions of those individuals considerably for a short period (these darts will easily pierce flesh, but will not penetrate body armour)

The Generals unusual form makes it very difficult for opponents to fight him as his movements are unhindered by human limitations, he has four arms which can extend in any direction form his torso, even spin around the torso in constant circular motion, his wrist joints are constructed in a way as to allow the "hands" full rotation, again, they are able to spin in constant motion allowing for propeller like attacks with his lightsabers

The General can even wield his lightsabers with his "feet" and has done so in battle against numerous Jedi Masters

The generals "fingers" and "toes" are sharpened to claw like points, allowing him to pierce through metals, he has used this numerous times for climbing ... as well as for killing

The General is a master strategist and considered to be one of the most feared beings in the universe from both behind the scenes and on the front lines

(please log in to view the image)

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Sep 11th, 2005 04:49 PM
Dizzle
KMC Authority!!!

No real resistance from JP as of yet. I think his character's name should simply be JP, as downgrading his amalgam to the name of a lesser omniversal power might anger the real JP... None of us want that.

DarkCrawler is my hero... RESPECT LEONARD NIMOY!!!

Old Post Sep 11th, 2005 06:06 PM
Dizzle is currently offline Click here to Send Dizzle a Private Message Find more posts by Dizzle Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Colossus21

*cough* hypersonic punch *cough*

Old Post Sep 11th, 2005 06:22 PM
Colossus21 is currently offline Find more posts by Colossus21 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinzin

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Dizzle
No real resistance from JP as of yet. I think his character's name should simply be JP, as downgrading his amalgam to the name of a lesser omniversal power might anger the real JP... None of us want that.

indeeeeeeed

Old Post Sep 11th, 2005 06:23 PM
jinzin is currently offline Click here to Send jinzin a Private Message Find more posts by jinzin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

and then after i cut up JP's guy i kick him in the groin, cut him up some more and sell him as dog food

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Sep 11th, 2005 07:28 PM
Nataku8188
KMC Tyrant

I vote for scoobless.

Why?

Jp's amalgam has nothing that can contend at all with Scoobless.

This forum sucks.

Old Post Sep 11th, 2005 08:09 PM
Nataku8188 is currently offline Click here to Send Nataku8188 a Private Message Find more posts by Nataku8188 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

I vote Scoob as well.

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Sep 11th, 2005 08:33 PM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

Originally posted by Scoobless
and then after i cut up JP's guy i kick him in the groin, cut him up some more and sell him as dog food

i then feed that dog food to the dogs, cut up the dogs and sell them as cat food..... feed them to the cats, chop up those cats and sell them to a chinese takeaway

big grin

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Sep 11th, 2005 09:40 PM
Adam Warlock
Adam is with Team Magik

C'mon JP... where are you??? I don't want to face Scoob after I crush Dizzle... Well, I'm gonna vote for Scoob for now unless Jp comes in later today and convinces me otherwise.

Scoobthumb up

Old Post Sep 11th, 2005 09:40 PM
Adam Warlock is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Warlock a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Warlock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
K Von Doom
Second fiddle

C'mon... let's see a close fight

Old Post Sep 11th, 2005 10:15 PM
K Von Doom is currently offline Click here to Send K Von Doom a Private Message Find more posts by K Von Doom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

The fight will last about a week, you know. You don't all have to vote for Scoob just yet.

Old Post Sep 11th, 2005 10:20 PM
Khellendros
Sin in Pants

Cripes. I wasn't planning on voting this soon but this is just a complete mismatch. Kenshin could maybe stalemate two or three arms wielding light sabers, but then you have stingers or plasma blasters blasting away. Unless Liu Kang is just leagues better than I think he is, JP is getting owned. I vote Scoob with the option to change if JP manages to make some dazzling argument in his favor.

Old Post Sep 11th, 2005 10:53 PM
Khellendros is currently offline Click here to Send Khellendros a Private Message Find more posts by Khellendros Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nataku8188
KMC Tyrant

Originally posted by Khellendros
Cripes. I wasn't planning on voting this soon but this is just a complete mismatch. Kenshin could maybe stalemate two or three arms wielding light sabers, but then you have stingers or plasma blasters blasting away. Unless Liu Kang is just leagues better than I think he is, JP is getting owned. I vote Scoob with the option to change if JP manages to make some dazzling argument in his favor.

This would be true if his sword wasn't just a normal sword, that will get cut in two.

This forum sucks.

Old Post Sep 11th, 2005 11:24 PM
Nataku8188 is currently offline Click here to Send Nataku8188 a Private Message Find more posts by Nataku8188 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Laminator_X
Once & Future KMC Hawkeye

Cmon guys, let's hear what JPlatinum has to say. I've never gotten to hear any of his legendary smack-talk-fu, and I'd like to be impressed. I think Scarlet Cyborg has a power edge, but in this sort of tourney smart fighting should count for a lot.

...You are Number Six. Respect Popeye

Old Post Sep 11th, 2005 11:27 PM
Laminator_X is currently offline Click here to Send Laminator_X a Private Message Find more posts by Laminator_X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Khellendros
Sin in Pants

Originally posted by Laminator_X
Cmon guys, let's hear what JPlatinum has to say. I've never gotten to hear any of his legendary smack-talk-fu, and I'd like to be impressed. I think Scarlet Cyborg has a power edge, but in this sort of tourney smart fighting should count for a lot.

Hey, I said I reserved the right to change my vote. I'm open to what JP has to say.

Old Post Sep 11th, 2005 11:37 PM
Khellendros is currently offline Click here to Send Khellendros a Private Message Find more posts by Khellendros Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dizzle
KMC Authority!!!

I am to... But it isn't happening. Scarlet Spider by himself would give JP's amalgam a good fight. Vote Scoob, as much as I hate to.

DarkCrawler is my hero... RESPECT LEONARD NIMOY!!!

Old Post Sep 12th, 2005 01:55 AM
Dizzle is currently offline Click here to Send Dizzle a Private Message Find more posts by Dizzle Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote