KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Battlezone » Tourney: Longpig Vs. Khellendros

Tourney: Longpig Vs. Khellendros
Started by: DigiMark007

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (9): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Digi
Forum Leader

Tourney: Longpig Vs. Khellendros

Shocktopus Vs. Grailnighter...

Battle Location: The fight takes place in a Hell-In-A-Cell style cage. An enlarged WWE ring (destructible) stands in the center of an adamantium/vibranium cage (about 50x50x50 meters). It does not conduct electricity. Combatants cannot leave the cage area. The fight is indoors, but the cage is well-lit.

Prep as usual. Any rules and/or stipulations from past rounds remain in force.

Longpig –
Name: Dr. Shocktopus
Doc Ock II - http://www.spiderfan.org/characters...r_octopus2.html
Speedfreek (body) - http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix2/speedfreek.htm
Electro - http://www.alaph.com/spiderman/enemies/electro.html
Equipment: Tentacles, laser gun and force field generator, Speedfreek’s armor and blades, barbed coils, bag of “snap”,
Character Notes: Speedfreek cannot use his fly or augment his speed with flight. Small boosters in his feet can give him a brief forward burst, but nothing else.

Khellendros -
Name: Grailnighter
The Midnighter (body) - http://www.internationalhero.co.uk/m/midnghtr.htm
Blink - http://www.uncannyxmen.net/db/chara...sp?fldAuto=1497
Grail - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grail_%28comics%29
Equipment: Collapsible staff, 12 shurikens, 12 mini-javelins
Character Notes: Blink - Blink can teleport herself, but cannot teleport another person (parts or whole). She can, however, teleport objects hurled at her if she has the skill to pick them off in the air before they hit her. Her projectiles can significantly damage a person, with the molecular displacement affect acting as a moderate concussive force. 4-5 such projectiles can impact with the force of a standard grenade (enough to blow up or at least significantly damage, say, a car). Individual projectiles will cause damage to any substance (even the uber-tough stuff) but denser materials (diamond, adamantium, etc.) will be damaged but remain essentially intact unless totally bombarded with projectiles (i.e. highly unlikely).

...they say students who show the most interest generally do very well in school, even if they aren't the smartest or hardest workers. The first three to sign up for the tourney were Scoob, Khell, and LP...hmmm (with no offense whatsoever to Jin, who's doing awesome too).

Good luck to both. Winner gets a spot in the finals. Loser gets to fight "Godlike" with someone from the other match.

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2005 02:43 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dizzle
KMC Authority!!!

I believe it's spelled "GODLIKE".

Sorry, my scanners are case sensitive.

DarkCrawler is my hero... RESPECT LEONARD NIMOY!!!

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2005 02:50 AM
Dizzle is currently offline Click here to Send Dizzle a Private Message Find more posts by Dizzle Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Khellendros
Sin in Pants

Hoo boy. I'm gonna go upload some relevant scans, and I'll be back with an opening post.

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2005 05:50 PM
Khellendros is currently offline Click here to Send Khellendros a Private Message Find more posts by Khellendros Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
grey fox
KMC Magik Founder

Cool .

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2005 06:12 PM
grey fox is currently offline Click here to Send grey fox a Private Message Find more posts by grey fox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Khellendros
Sin in Pants

Okay. Lemme just shoot down one big thing I'm almost positive LP was going to bring up: shutting down the Midnighter enhancements. Well, first, that sounds like psionic manipulation of electricity, but it also sounds like... I dunno, radio waves. I'll just debunk both as best I can.

First, telepathy or other psionic powers. Grail says he's created an interference field that would keep out one of the stronger telepaths in the WSU.
(please log in to view the image)

Maybe his power lets him act like a wireless modem, transmitting a shutdown command to a piece of technology? Grail can create an interference field that keeps out all electronic signals as well (he does so to keep a bomb buried under the ground from receiving the detonation signal).

And, one last thing. Those lasers that come out of your arms. One of Grail's team members has cybernetic arms that can fire a dozen lasers in all different directions. Here, she goes crazy. Note that each alser beam headed for a team member is deflected before hiting them. He creates invisible shields around all of them until he can create a more permanent one around the crazy one herself. This also shows that Grail can multitask with his powers, since he created shields around his team.

So. You can't shut down my enhancements, one long range weapon (lasers) is easily deflected by me, and the other (lightning) is easily dodgeable as proven by Spider Man or blockable by my shield. Basically, I could just sit there, create a containment field around you to deflect your lasers back at you and cut you apart.

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2005 06:25 PM
Khellendros is currently offline Click here to Send Khellendros a Private Message Find more posts by Khellendros Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
grey fox
KMC Magik Founder

1 NIL

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2005 06:29 PM
grey fox is currently offline Click here to Send grey fox a Private Message Find more posts by grey fox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:

Okay. Lemme just shoot down one big thing I'm almost positive LP was going to bring up: shutting down the Midnighter enhancements..

I really didn't think about it until you mentioned it, but thanks anyway.
It does remind me that those Cybernetic implants are metal, and inside you. I don't think your shield can filter out magnetism can it? No.

You become my new rag doll to magnetize and throw around.

But all I really need to do is overwhelm you with Electricity blasts while getting close, as soon as I see your being overwhelmed and I'm close...Shocktopus can throw out the rocket propelled adamantium barbs which will cut through your armor like butter. Once inside you, you're dead. No defense against being electrocuted from the inside.

You seem to rely on Blink's power a lot, seeing that she has so little experience using her power, I see no real reason how she can do all this at once and stay in control.

quote:
and the other (lightning) is easily dodgeable as proven by Spider Man or blockable by my shield.

PIS. Spiderman can't realistically dodge lightning. It's all got to do with the writer wanting to keep spiderman alive, and Spiderman's pre-cog. Luckily, you have no PIS writer or pre-cog. You can't dodge lightening....at all.

The simple fact is you don't have anything powerful enough to hurt me, my shields and armor will handle it with ease.

I have barbs and blades can can get through you with one hit, giving way to electrocution you, in which you die.

The reasons I win are because:

I'm faster. Shocktopus' boots give him tourney limit speed instantly. I'll zip around anything you can throw.

I can cut through or puncture your shields with one hit.

I can kill you with one hit by electrocuting you from the inside.

quote:
Basically, I could just sit there, create a containment field around you to deflect your lasers back at you and cut you apart.

Sure. I can cut through them with one swipe. Easily.

Can you cut through being sealed up in hard air, making you stuck, unable to move? No.

It's again another one of those fights where my opponet needs 50 or so attempts at attacks to really hurt me, and I only need one.

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2005 10:35 PM
long pig is currently offline Click here to Send long pig a Private Message Find more posts by long pig Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Khellendros
Sin in Pants

quote: (post)
Originally posted by long pig
It does remind me that those Cybernetic implants are metal, and inside you. I don't think your shield can filter out magnetism can it? No.

First, it filters out laser light, radio waves, microwaves and other radiation. All on the EM field, so yes I beleive it would filter out magnetic influence. Second, all that is a moot point. There are magnetic/electromagnetic energy users in Wildstorm, and Bendix built Midnighter to fight just about anybody. The stuff in his bones and ligaments are carbon. You're going to have to work REAL hard to prove that Bendix can't make nonmetallic electronics when the makers of Sentinels can.

But all I really need to do is overwhelm you with Electricity blasts while getting close,

gonna be kinda hard since an energy shield wouldn't conduct electricity ain't it? And lightning carries no impact, so my shields will hold just fine thanks.

You seem to rely on Blink's power a lot, seeing that she has so little experience using her power, I see no real reason how she can do all this at once and stay in control.

That's amusing, really. She was fighting a war of overwhelming odds against Apocalypse's forces from he rearly teens. She can and has done everything I have my guy doing. She's been in a WAR, the best your guys can say is they fought a couple super villains and got their asses handed to them.

PIS. Spiderman can't realistically dodge lightning. It's all got to do with the writer wanting to keep spiderman alive, and Spiderman's pre-cog. Luckily, you have no PIS writer or pre-cog. You can't dodge lightening....at all.

laughing out loud It sure is cute how you learned two new terms (PIS and CIS) and have been throwing them around all over the place to defend characters you like. Sorry, scooter, sometimes comic characters f*ck up. And some are just idiots. Electro is a prime example of that, actually.

Now, Midnighter can see an increase in electrical activity in someone's brain. He'll see that lightning bolt powering up LONG before you have a chance to toss it at him.

The simple fact is you don't have anything powerful enough to hurt me, my shields and armor will handle it with ease.

I have Cyclops-level energy blasts and class 60 strength. That's more than enough.

I have barbs and blades can can get through you with one hit, giving way to electrocution you, in which you die.

Never even touch me. I don't even have to teleport to keep away from those, but I can if need be.

The reasons I win are because:

I'm faster. Shocktopus' boots give him tourney limit speed instantly. I'll zip around anything you can throw.

I can cut through or puncture your shields with one hit.

I can kill you with one hit by electrocuting you from the inside.

You have the better running speed, I have the better reaction time and combat speed. You run at me, you'll get a face full of flesh-disintegrating energy shield.

Sure. I can cut through them with one swipe. Easily.

Can you cut through being sealed up in hard air, making you stuck, unable to move? No.

It's again another one of those fights where my opponet needs 50 or so attempts at attacks to really hurt me, and I only need one.

Right. Cut through them. With your... what, class 3 strength from Electro amping? Maybe? Sure. You keep hacking away, I'll keep resealing you in.

I can teleport out of the "hard air", behind you, and blast you open.

This is a fight where you are facing an opponent you can't hit and who can punch through your shields with one good blast.

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2005 11:00 PM
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
There are magnetic/electromagnetic energy users in Wildstorm, and Bendix built Midnighter to fight just about anybody. The stuff in his bones and ligaments are carbon. You're going to have to work REAL hard to prove that Bendix can't make nonmetallic electronics when the makers of Sentinels can.

Sorry, but that's not proof. That's speculation. He was built where there are magnetic users, so that means he's magnetic proof? Haha..no, sorry.

You're going to try REAL hard that they aren't metal, otherwise, the definition of "Cybernetic" trumps your speculation. It's metal.

quote:
gonna be kinda hard since an energy shield wouldn't conduct electricity ain't it? And lightning carries no impact, so my shields will hold just fine thanks.

It'll effect you just fine. It'll effect the area around you even better. The ground is breakable you know?

All I need is one hit to kill you, and all I need is to be around 30 feet to get it. You're dead.

quote:
That's amusing, really. She was fighting a war of overwhelming odds against Apocalypse's forces from he rearly teens. She can and has done everything I have my guy doing. She's been in a WAR, the best your guys can say is they fought a couple super villains and got their asses handed to them.

So which Blink are you using? The AOA one or the normal timeline version? They are two VERY different characters.

I'll let you pick which one before you can talk more about it further. Here's a site that explains the difference between the two. http://www.answers.com/topic/blink-comics

Both have their own different weaknesses.
You can't have two characters. no

quote:
It sure is cute how you learned two new terms (PIS and CIS) and have been throwing them around all over the place to defend characters you like. Sorry, scooter, sometimes comic characters f*ck up. And some are just idiots. Electro is a prime example of that, actually.

It's funny that you think Spiderman has near lightspeed reactions. He doesn't, you don't either.

The only REAL reason why Spiderman EVER dodges lightening is because of PIS added with pre-cog( NEITHER of which you have). It's undeniable. We can't have a dead spiderman everytime electro zaps him, can we?

quote:
Now, Midnighter can see an increase in electrical activity in someone's brain. He'll see that lightning bolt powering up LONG before you have a chance to toss it at him.

Haha...first prove it. Second, he can't decipher between my electrical brain and the whole area around me being electrically ionized. Don't be silly.

quote:
I have Cyclops-level energy blasts and class 60 strength. That's more than enough.

You have more of gambit level blasts. In Wetworks, Grail wasn't able to blow up anything like Cyclops.

But, either way, neither of those will be able to get through two shields and armor and then harm a being who can absorb heat. That's all chi really has been shown to be in TopCow.

quote:
You have the better running speed, I have the better reaction time and combat speed. You run at me, you'll get a face full of flesh-disintegrating energy shield.

I have better speed and reaction and combat speed. Speedfreek is tourney limit reaction speed, he's amped up by Electro. Shocktopus>You.

Face full of energy? big grin Wait, a face full of energy through shields, armor and into a body that can absorb heat? Hhahaha...good one.

quote:
Right. Cut through them. With your... what, class 3 strength from Electro amping? Maybe? Sure. You keep hacking away, I'll keep resealing you in.

Um, no son. Class 10 with Speed Freek's suit amping. You did know Electro is class 10, right?

It'll come down to you not being capable of harming me, and me being capable of killing you with one single hit.

I give myself 8/10 odds.

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2005 11:23 PM
long pig is currently offline Click here to Send long pig a Private Message Find more posts by long pig Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

You did know Electro is class 10, right?

I know it says that in a few bios.... but has he ever really done anything to back up that claim?

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2005 11:39 PM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

It says that in all his bios. All of them. Even in the marvel handbook.

He's matched strength with Spiderman, that's all that matters. After Spiderman's upgrade, it might be different, or maybe Electro got one too.

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2005 11:41 PM
Scoobless
sselboocS

It says that in all his bios. All of them. Even in the marvel handbook.

He's matched strength with Spiderman, that's all that matters. After Spiderman's upgrade, it might be different, or maybe Electro got one too.

not all his bios say that.. the Marvel Directory doesn't mention superstrength at all

http://www.marveldirectory.com/indi...s/e/electro.htm

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2005 11:44 PM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

The majority do. The handbook does.

Marvel Dic doesn't say anything other than Electrical output, and we know he can do more.

http://www.websters-online-dictiona...el/electro.html

http://www.gotmo.net/info/electro.htm

http://spider-bob.com/villains/marvel/ElectroII.htm

http://www.spiderfan.org/characters/electro.html

Supa-Mayne!

Last edited by long pig on Nov 2nd, 2005 at 11:53 PM

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2005 11:51 PM
Scoobless
sselboocS

one of those is a direct copy of the other.... lol

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2005 11:57 PM
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

It's copied from the handbook, that's probably why.

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2005 12:00 AM
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

This is just a fight where I can basically handle the output of my opponet by dodging with superspeed, deflecting it with shields and armor and deflect them with tenticals, while taking some of the edge off with my heat absorbing body.

All I need is that one single hit to end the game, and I can easily handle/move around anything he throws at me until I get it.

Shocktopus gets 8 or 9/10

Against two Grailnighters, I'd give Shocktopus a stalemate.

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2005 12:04 AM
Khellendros
Sin in Pants

Sorry, but that's not proof. That's speculation. He was built where there are magnetic users, so that means he's magnetic proof? Haha..no, sorry.

Hey, you prove his enhancements ARE made of metal and then we've got something.

You're going to try REAL hard that they aren't metal, otherwise, the definition of "Cybernetic" trumps your speculation. It's metal.

I don't have to try at all, you're the one making the claim. I've already told you the enhancements in his bones and ligaments aren't metal, and you have no proof that any of his other implants are metal. Whoops.

It'll effect you just fine. It'll effect the area around you even better. The ground is breakable you know?

I can teleport, you know? And you can't electrocute someone through a barrier that doesn't conduct electricity.

All I need is one hit to kill you, and all I need is to be around 30 feet to get it. You're dead.

Mm. Too bad you'll never get that close.

So which Blink are you using? The AOA one or the normal timeline version? They are two VERY different characters.

...Dude. Just click the link in the first post. Does no one check the links in this tournament?

It's funny that you think Spiderman has near lightspeed reactions. He doesn't, you don't either.

I don't care what he has, the fact is he dodges Electro's blasts. And my combined reaction time is far above his.

The only REAL reason why Spiderman EVER dodges lightening is because of PIS added with pre-cog( NEITHER of which you have). It's undeniable. We can't have a dead spiderman everytime electro zaps him, can we?

Actually, the reason is the Spider Sense combined with enhanced strength speed and agility. I, on the other hand, have the ability to detect electrical activity, far better strength and reaction time and comparable agility.

Haha...first prove it. Second, he can't decipher between my electrical brain and the whole area around me being electrically ionized. Don't be silly.

God, fine. Lemme go see if I have the scans. Digi can confirm that he can do it, though.

You have more of gambit level blasts. In Wetworks, Grail wasn't able to blow up anything like Cyclops.

The symbiotes, when they first bonded to Wetworks, survived an explosion that collapsed a huge portion of a mountain. Later, Grail blasted two of those guys (resurrected and wearing thick stone armor) to small chunks. That is Cyclops level.

But, either way, neither of those will be able to get through two shields and armor and then harm a being who can absorb heat. That's all chi really has been shown to be in TopCow.

laughing TopCow?? Dude, Grail is a Wildstorm character. And Chi isn't just heat. It carries concussive impact, heat, and properties that disintegrate organic material on contact.

I have better speed and reaction and combat speed. Speedfreek is tourney limit reaction speed, he's amped up by Electro. Shocktopus>You.

Riiight. Show me speedfreak dodging energy blasts at point blank range and we'll talk. Show someone on King Hyperion's level admitting one of your other characters matches them in combat speed and we'll talk about you being better.

Face full of energy? big grin Wait, a face full of energy through shields, armor and into a body that can absorb heat? Hhahaha...good one.

Fine, then you'll just be running at high speeds into sphere that's as strong as titanium. Enjoy your broken neck.

Um, no son. Class 10 with Speed Freek's suit amping. You did know Electro is class 10, right?

Man, Electro is class 10 like the freaking Vulture is class 10 (PROTIP: he's not).

It'll come down to me not being capable of harming you, and you being capable of killing me with one single hit.

Fixed for reality, plus I'm being lazy.

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2005 12:15 AM
Khellendros
Sin in Pants

Here's a scan with that proof you asked for. Midnighter can detect the electircal activity in someone's brain, he can detect you poweirng up a lightning bolt.

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2005 12:23 AM
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
Hey, you prove his enhancements ARE made of metal and then we've got something.

There are no reasons for them not to be. They are cybernetic implants, the name alone almost always describes Electronics and conductive metals.

quote:
...Dude. Just click the link in the first post. Does no one check the links in this tournament?

The link has both characters. Pick one. Or else I'm going to use Electro from an elseworld comic and Lady Ock from Spidergirl. Both are elseworlds and both have more power & experience.

So, pick one.

quote:
Later, Grail blasted two of those guys (resurrected and wearing thick stone armor) to small chunks. That is Cyclops level.

No, no it isn't. It's lower Gambit level. Show once where Grail has done anything on Cyclops level.
roll eyes (sarcastic)

It's a pretty simple fight, I'm faster and can handle his blasts easily. I need one hit to end him. He already recognized the fact I need one hit, he just says "You won't get it"....sure.

I can switch up lasers and electricity or both at the same time, they'll get through and distract him long enough for my superior speed to get close. And then, it's over. One hit and he's dead.

Nothing on him can really harm me to any extent, but everything I have will harm him. I give Shocktopus 8-9/10 easy.

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2005 12:27 AM
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
Here's a scan with that proof you asked for. Midnighter can detect the electircal activity in someone's brain, he can detect you poweirng up a lightning bolt.

Hah..
I'm powered up to my full extent during prep, and the whole area around me will be charged with Electricity. Midnighter won't decipher what is me or what is the area around me.

Midnighter isn't fast enough to dodge electricity, no one on your list is, face it. You can't make up anything that can prove anyone dodging electricity. Don't pretend to be dumb.

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2005 12:30 AM