KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Battlezone » Tournament Finals! *fanfare*

Tournament Finals! *fanfare*
Started by: DigiMark007

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (18): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Digi
Forum Leader

Tournament Finals! *fanfare*

Dr. Shocktopus VS. THE BIG KAHUNA

Battle Location: A large open field. With grass. Gently rolling hills. Anti-climactic, I know, but I didn't want a big advantage one way another for this fight. Combatants start 100 yards away from one another.

No prep (like it matters).

Any stipulations from past rounds remain in force. And let's keep it strictly to amalgams and debates...apologies and explanations have gone around from last round, but I'd rather not have to deal with any of that again.

Longpig –
Name: Dr. Shocktopus
Doc Ock II - http://www.spiderfan.org/characters...r_octopus2.html
Speedfreek (body) - http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix2/speedfreek.htm
Electro - http://www.alaph.com/spiderman/enemies/electro.html
Equipment: Tentacles, laser gun and force field generator, Speedfreek’s armor and blades, barbed coils, bag of “snap”,
Character Notes: Speedfreek cannot use his fly or augment his speed with flight. Small boosters in his feet can give him a brief forward burst, but nothing else. Speedfreak's armor is titanium level. LP has used Electro's powers in unique and varied ways, but anything resembling telepathy is not allowed, nor is flight.

Jinzin -
Name: THE BIG KAHUNA
Venom - http://www.marveldirectory.com/individuals/v/venom.htm
Taskmaster - http://www.geocities.com/marvel_vil...taskmaster.html
Sabertooth (body) - http://www.grokpedia.com/en/s/sa/Sabretooth.htm
Equipment: Symbiote, katana, berretta pistols (2), wrist-energy-thing (sorry for lack of a good definition)
Character Notes: Venom has shown strength that could be classified well beyond class 15. The Marvel bio only has him at 10. But for the sake of the amalgam, the symbiote will be considered Class 15. Added to Sabertooth, it may be more, but that is its “base strength.” Also, Venom has displayed many abilities recently that he did not originally. These should simply be assumed to be a part of the symbiote that was just never shown, until recently, though the strength limit is discussed above and most aspects associated with "Classic Venom" should be assumed to be true.

Have fun. Good luck. Happy Dance

Old Post Nov 10th, 2005 02:02 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Creshosk

evil face Guess what I'm going to do?

jinzin - 0

long pig - 0

I figure it'll be much easier if I try to rtally the voting as it happens. smile

Old Post Nov 10th, 2005 02:07 AM
Creshosk is currently offline Click here to Send Creshosk a Private Message Find more posts by Creshosk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ultimate Rage
I AM MADE OF RAGE

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Creshosk
evil face Guess what I'm going to do?

jinzin - 0

long pig - 0

I figure it'll be much easier if I try to rtally the voting as it happens. smile

not if its up to me bub

Old Post Nov 10th, 2005 02:08 AM
Ultimate Rage is currently offline Click here to Send Ultimate Rage a Private Message Find more posts by Ultimate Rage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LethalFemme
Year Of The Femme

This is gonna be good

KMC's WOTM for September is [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Morning_Glory

KMC' MOTM for September is [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Vinny Valentine

Old Post Nov 10th, 2005 02:09 AM
LethalFemme is currently offline Click here to Send LethalFemme a Private Message Find more posts by LethalFemme Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General Kon-El
Last Son of the Sith

I vote long pig, jk, jk. are they online?

Old Post Nov 10th, 2005 02:26 AM
General Kon-El is currently offline Click here to Send General Kon-El a Private Message Find more posts by General Kon-El Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

Originally posted by DrDoom101
I vote long pig

that's not cool... at least PRETEND to read the debate bofore voting for Long Pig

laughing out loud

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Nov 10th, 2005 03:12 AM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
grey fox
KMC Magik Founder

What debate ? , this is more of a brawl with fists, tentacles, bolts of lightenign ,and claws going everywhere

Old Post Nov 10th, 2005 07:00 AM
grey fox is currently offline Click here to Send grey fox a Private Message Find more posts by grey fox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BALLER STATUS IV LIFE

^LOL! True indeed.

DarkCrawler >>> Your Favorite Sig-Maker

Old Post Nov 10th, 2005 07:35 AM
#16 is currently offline Click here to Send #16 a Private Message Find more posts by #16 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

Alrighty, folks.

Regardless of the few sparse & semi out of context scans jinzin may throw out, Venom has in the past and in the present been vulnerable to heat and fire. Suffice it to say, I got heat in abundance.

Here's a few times heat has nearly killed Venom.

Peter Parker: Spider-Man (Vol. 2) - #16 Venom is beaten by a lighter, that's right, a friggin pocket lighter.

Lethal Protector #3, Venom willingly jumps past knee high flames in order to save two people, he nearly dies in the process.

In one of their earlier fights, Spider-Man set a dock on fire to keep Venom at bay, but Venom dove into the water to avoid it.

During the "Carnage" storyline, Venom had to take out the Human Torch long-distance by whipping sand at him to douse his flame.

In the Funeral Pyre mini series, pyrokinetic bad guy Pyre nearly killed Venom with one blasts of heat.

In Maximum Carnage, Shiek and Carnage stuck Venom up on the ceiling and put a camp fire under him to keep his symbiote in check.

Now, lets remember that the symbiote REDUCES the users healing factor to keep the wearer's body from rejecting it, making Sabretooth's healing less than normal.

Also, as seen recently, the symbiote no longer holds ANY sentimental relationship with the wearer, if the symbiote feels it's life is in danger, it will leave it's host and flee the scene.

Now, I'm almost positive we will hear about that wonderful time Venom managed to beat Electro.....I don't need to explain it, I'll give you a review by Spiderfan.org

quote:
Peter Parker Spider-Man vol. 2 #17- Mysterio remarks that Spider-Man and Sandman have gone. He says that Spider-Man thinks them defeated. Electro says that Spider-Man always thinks that. Mysterio says that Venom is still hunting them. Mysterio asks Electro if he saw what Venom did to Sandman. Electro says that Sandman was weak and got what he deserved. Electro tells Mysterio to give him the word and he will kill Venom. Mysterio tells him to do that as he leaves. Suddenly Venom jumps Electro from behind and starts pounding on him. For some unknown reason the huge amounts of electricity coming off Electro doesn’t bother Venom at all. Electro does nothing to defend himself with his “new and improved” powers. Venom seems to think Electro dead when he leaves him. What pathetic writing.

I didn't add a thing, even the biggest spider fans know that's bullshit writing.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

During prep:
I throw up my shields and charge myself to maximum capacity in the process boosting my strength to 10 tons(Which the suit heightens further). Shocktopus utilizes his electro powers to make a superheated flesh melting shield around his body(burns away any oncoming symbiote pieces and webbing). The boot thrusters are on and waiting to be let loose.

-----------------------------Plan of Attack--------------------------

Right out of the gate Shocktopus uses his boot thrusters to propel himself instantly to 160mph in zig zag patterns racing towards TBK, blasting and attacking with electricity and lasers. I can close the gap in a few good super boosted steps.

The electricity ionizes the air as it hits TBK and/or around TBK. Anything metal will be magnetically removed from TBK's hands or belt while Shocktopus zips around him at super human speed(160mph in a small space).....evil face.... 'cept for his adamantium bones.

With all the electricity in the air, everything is superheated and ionized, I then just magnetically charge his claws/adamantium bones & toss the ****er around, slamming him into the ground bashing him with tentacles and blasting him more with lasers and electricity charges.

He's treated as Shocktopus' new toy, he's thrown around, spinned, flipped and generally kept off balance while being beaten & electrocuted into unconsciousness.

Guts and other vital organs are being removed by the superheated tentacles & 5 foot adamantium claws while burning his flesh off and cauterizing the wound making him unable to heal with his less than average healing factor in the process.
Then, by way of using the electro-magnetic storm I created, I carbonize the atoms in the air around TBK's body leaving him stuck in rock hard electrocarbon atoms K.O'd and now suffocating. Dead & unable to ever be moved.(Electro did this in Fantastic Four #218)

In closing, there is nothing TBK can possibly do to survive his beating. I win by luckily having two of TBK's weaknesses....and generally being superior to everyone.

Shocktopus stands triumphant! (please log in to view the image)
(please log in to view the image)

Supa-Mayne!

Last edited by long pig on Nov 10th, 2005 at 07:48 AM

Old Post Nov 10th, 2005 07:39 AM
long pig is currently offline Click here to Send long pig a Private Message Find more posts by long pig Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
grey fox
KMC Magik Founder

All hail shocktopus

Old Post Nov 10th, 2005 07:50 AM
grey fox is currently offline Click here to Send grey fox a Private Message Find more posts by grey fox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

Bow down to Shocktopus!
Now, get up! You sicken him!
evil face

"Don't be a retard, kids. Vote for Shocktopus!" -Shocktopus.

Supa-Mayne!

Last edited by long pig on Nov 10th, 2005 at 07:56 AM

Old Post Nov 10th, 2005 07:53 AM
long pig is currently offline Click here to Send long pig a Private Message Find more posts by long pig Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
grey fox
KMC Magik Founder

So sorry oh master of the bladed electro tentacles

Old Post Nov 10th, 2005 11:06 AM
K Von Doom
Second fiddle

But for every appearance where heat affects Venom, there's an apperance where he overcomes that fear.... usually when he's in kill mode.... or even when not, once he even saved Peter Parker's 'parents' from a collapsing metal tower, while surrounded by fire.

Old Post Nov 10th, 2005 09:15 PM
K Von Doom is currently offline Click here to Send K Von Doom a Private Message Find more posts by K Von Doom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

I'm not trying to get him to fear me, I don't care if he hypes himself up to think he can handle it or not. Comics show, he can't handle direct contact with such heat for very long.

The times that have been shown where he overcomes the fear, he never actually gets burned. He just rushes through and luckily makes it out alive.

That won't happen here, he'll get hit many many many many many times with electricity & lazers. It will kill him or at least K.O him leaving him open for a good ol' organ cutting and hard air.

I'd be suprised his symbiote doesn't run at first sight of all the electricity, it has no sentimental connection to it's host.

Supa-Mayne!

Last edited by long pig on Nov 10th, 2005 at 09:34 PM

Old Post Nov 10th, 2005 09:27 PM
~The Wickerman~
The Evanghelist

Originally posted by long pig
I'd be suprised his symbiote doesn't run at first sight of all the electricity, it has no sentimental connection to it's host.

Will he call himself the moderately sized Kahuna afterwards then? confused

kiddin wink

Looking forward to this battle. I haven't gotten a chance to vote in ANY of the other threads, seeing as how i noticed them when they had been over 5 or so pages long and with my schedule ...... sad

~wickerman~

Old Post Nov 10th, 2005 10:37 PM
~The Wickerman~ is currently offline Click here to Send ~The Wickerman~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~The Wickerman~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

The Bitesized Kahuna? eek!

Oh, I got the OHOTMU where it shows Electro does indeed have 10 ton strength. It's written exactly as it's shown in the sites.

The electricity raises all his stats way above human.

Strength: 10 ton.

Speed: Metahuman

Stamina: Metahuman

Durability: Metahuman

Agility: Metahuman

Reflexes: Superhuman

All of that is boosted further by the cybernetic suit of armor. The suit made a normal human have superhuman reflexes and strength and speed.

Supa-Mayne!

Last edited by long pig on Nov 11th, 2005 at 01:00 AM

Old Post Nov 11th, 2005 12:57 AM
LethalFemme
Year Of The Femme

Alrighty, folks.

Regardless of the few sparse & semi out of context scans jinzin may throw out, Venom has in the past and in the present been vulnerable to heat and fire. Suffice it to say, I got heat in abundance.

Here's a few times heat has nearly killed Venom.

Peter Parker: Spider-Man (Vol. 2) - #16 Venom is beaten by a lighter, that's right, a friggin pocket lighter.

Lethal Protector #3, Venom willingly jumps past knee high flames in order to save two people, he nearly dies in the process.

In one of their earlier fights, Spider-Man set a dock on fire to keep Venom at bay, but Venom dove into the water to avoid it.

During the "Carnage" storyline, Venom had to take out the Human Torch long-distance by whipping sand at him to douse his flame.

In the Funeral Pyre mini series, pyrokinetic bad guy Pyre nearly killed Venom with one blasts of heat.

In Maximum Carnage, Shiek and Carnage stuck Venom up on the ceiling and put a camp fire under him to keep his symbiote in check.

Now, lets remember that the symbiote REDUCES the users healing factor to keep the wearer's body from rejecting it, making Sabretooth's healing less than normal.

Also, as seen recently, the symbiote no longer holds ANY sentimental relationship with the wearer, if the symbiote feels it's life is in danger, it will leave it's host and flee the scene.

Now, I'm almost positive we will hear about that wonderful time Venom managed to beat Electro.....I don't need to explain it, I'll give you a review by Spiderfan.org

I didn't add a thing, even the biggest spider fans know that's bullshit writing.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

During prep:
I throw up my shields and charge myself to maximum capacity in the process boosting my strength to 10 tons(Which the suit heightens further). Shocktopus utilizes his electro powers to make a superheated flesh melting shield around his body(burns away any oncoming symbiote pieces and webbing). The boot thrusters are on and waiting to be let loose.

-----------------------------Plan of Attack--------------------------

Right out of the gate Shocktopus uses his boot thrusters to propel himself instantly to 160mph in zig zag patterns racing towards TBK, blasting and attacking with electricity and lasers. I can close the gap in a few good super boosted steps.

The electricity ionizes the air as it hits TBK and/or around TBK. Anything metal will be magnetically removed from TBK's hands or belt while Shocktopus zips around him at super human speed(160mph in a small space).....evil face.... 'cept for his adamantium bones.

With all the electricity in the air, everything is superheated and ionized, I then just magnetically charge his claws/adamantium bones & toss the ****er around, slamming him into the ground bashing him with tentacles and blasting him more with lasers and electricity charges.

He's treated as Shocktopus' new toy, he's thrown around, spinned, flipped and generally kept off balance while being beaten & electrocuted into unconsciousness.

Guts and other vital organs are being removed by the superheated tentacles & 5 foot adamantium claws while burning his flesh off and cauterizing the wound making him unable to heal with his less than average healing factor in the process.
Then, by way of using the electro-magnetic storm I created, I carbonize the atoms in the air around TBK's body leaving him stuck in rock hard electrocarbon atoms K.O'd and now suffocating. Dead & unable to ever be moved.(Electro did this in Fantastic Four #218)

In closing, there is nothing TBK can possibly do to survive his beating. I win by luckily having two of TBK's weaknesses....and generally being superior to everyone.

Shocktopus stands triumphant! (please log in to view the image)

He looks like he has one of those electric turkey carvers. laughing out loud

Old Post Nov 11th, 2005 04:27 AM
LethalFemme is currently offline Click here to Send LethalFemme a Private Message Find more posts by LethalFemme Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

Hm....that gives me an idea of a new super power!

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Nov 11th, 2005 06:24 AM
grey fox
KMC Magik Founder

Ahh yes the power of ultra turkey carving

Old Post Nov 11th, 2005 07:55 AM
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

Bow down to Shocktopus!
Now, get up! You sicken him!
evil face

"Don't be a retard, kids. Vote for Shocktopus!" -Shocktopus.

laughing laughing out loud laughing laughing out loud

Old Post Nov 11th, 2005 05:34 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote