KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Battlezone » Silverspider/Dizzle's Team Tournament: Round 1, Fight 5- Deadpool909 vs. roughrider

Silverspider/Dizzle's Team Tournament: Round 1, Fight 5- Deadpool909 vs. roughrider
Started by: Dizzle

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Dizzle
KMC Authority!!!

Silverspider/Dizzle's Team Tournament: Round 1, Fight 5- Deadpool909 vs. roughrider

Well, it had to happen eventually...

Deadpool909
Rhino
Marrow
Scarlet Spider
Hawkeye
(his links are all over the place... and the characters are common enough that everyone knows em anyway)

Roughrider
Ultimate Iron Man: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iron_Man#Ultimate_Iron_Man

The Ray: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ray_%28comics%29

Thialfi: http://www.immortalthor.net/

Horus: http://www.immortalthor.net/

You can't actually get links directly to character bios from immortalthor.net, apparently, so it takes some navigating... Click on "Characters" at the top and scroll down till you find em.

Standard prep.

Location: Mountains. You begin on either side of one big mountain, and know the general direction of the other team. The one that you start near is the tallest of them, but the entire range stretches out around you as far as you can see. The one you start on has a large, square plateau near the top, about 50 yards across. Other than that, it's a pretty generic mountain. Rocks and such. Go to it.

DarkCrawler is my hero... RESPECT LEONARD NIMOY!!!

Old Post Jan 29th, 2006 07:29 PM
Dizzle is currently offline Click here to Send Dizzle a Private Message Find more posts by Dizzle Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkCrawler
KABOOOOM!!

Horus didn't get the gasface?
"the ability to paralyze others with the stare of his left eye"

Oh, and the links are here:
http://www.immortalthor.net/bio-horus.html
http://www.immortalthor.net/bio-thialfi.html

But, I really want to see what Deadpool909 can accomplish.

Old Post Jan 29th, 2006 07:31 PM
DarkCrawler is currently offline Click here to Send DarkCrawler a Private Message Find more posts by DarkCrawler Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dizzle
KMC Authority!!!

Thank you DC. And no, Horus was OK. It's more of a stun than paralysis, to someone of Thing durability. It wouldn't remove someone from the fight. Or so I'm told...

Old Post Jan 29th, 2006 07:57 PM
Dizzle is currently offline Click here to Send Dizzle a Private Message Find more posts by Dizzle Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkCrawler
KABOOOOM!!

Okay.

Old Post Jan 29th, 2006 07:58 PM
DarkCrawler is currently offline Click here to Send DarkCrawler a Private Message Find more posts by DarkCrawler Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

OK - I got a big family engagement going on today. I'll post my opening strategy later on, as soon as I can.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Jan 29th, 2006 10:21 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

As I see it, this mountain location plays to my strengths, because everyone on my team is capable of flight - Thialfi has use of a winged horse from Asgard. While the other team, only Hawkeye is capable of flight if he has his hover bike. Hawkeye is only one with any firing projection with his specialty arrows, while three of my guys have blasting ability.

So, I see myself doing a heavy attack from the air, once I'm up and over.
Ultimate Iron Man will take Rhino - after some repulsor blasts to soften O'Hirn up, a simple energy force bubble will trap him, and I can dump him wherever. He wants to break out in mid-air, he's welcome to fall thousands of feet.
The Ray will take Hawkeye; using his superior speed and solid-light blasting power to knock out his hover-bike; good enough light shield will neutralize any arrow he has.
Horus will take Scarlet Spider; as a Spider-Man clone, he may be agile enough to dodge a lot of blasts from Horus staff, but get in close and Horus uses the stun-paralysis move from his left-eye to freeze SS just long enough for a concentrated blast or almighty punch, which just might kill him.
Thialfi will take Marrow; she has tough endurance with her bones extensions plus the healing factor. If she is successful deflecting attacks from him on flying horseback, he will get on the ground in full armour, and use his great swiftness to get through her defenses with his sword. He may have to be thorough, because she has two hearts. Chopping a limb, I don't belive she can regenerate from that.

And that's how I see myself winning.

Old Post Jan 30th, 2006 04:52 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

Re: Silverspider/Dizzle's Team Tournament: Round 1, Fight 5- Deadpool909 vs. roughrider

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Dizzle
Well, it had to happen eventually...

Deadpool909
Rhino
Marrow
Scarlet Spider
Hawkeye
(his links are all over the place... and the characters are common enough that everyone knows em anyway)

Marrow got the boot - was replaced with Blade

Originally posted by Deadpool909
Okay, I would like to replace Marrow with Deathstroke http://www.classicmarvel.com/cast/deathstroke.htm

but if he can't be used then I will replace Marrow with Blade.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...033#post5771033

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Jan 30th, 2006 05:28 PM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

If Blade has replaced Marrow, then the matchups I have in mind change somewhat.
I think I will pit Horus against Blade, and Thialfi will take Scarlet Spider.

Old Post Jan 30th, 2006 06:23 PM
Dizzle
KMC Authority!!!

Re: Re: Silverspider/Dizzle's Team Tournament: Round 1, Fight 5- Deadpool909 vs. roughrider

Originally posted by Scoobless
Marrow got the boot - was replaced with Blade

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...033#post5771033

Dammit. Someone posted an incorrect list, and his links were never put together in 1 place... And I don't have the time to look through 150 pages worth of draft threads. I'm pretty sure everyone for next round has all of their links together though.

Sorry everybody.

Old Post Jan 30th, 2006 11:07 PM
Scoobless
sselboocS

Re: Re: Re: Silverspider/Dizzle's Team Tournament: Round 1, Fight 5- Deadpool909 vs. roughrider

Originally posted by Dizzle
Dammit. Someone posted an incorrect list, and his links were never put together in 1 place... And I don't have the time to look through 150 pages worth of draft threads. I'm pretty sure everyone for next round has all of their links together though.

Sorry everybody.

yeah... it was me that posted the wrong list..... again.... sad

who wants to place bets on whether or not DP909 shows up?

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Jan 30th, 2006 11:11 PM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
phillipan

Why was marrow banned?

Old Post Jan 30th, 2006 11:15 PM
phillipan is currently offline Click here to Send phillipan a Private Message Find more posts by phillipan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

DP909 just wanted to swap her for Blade.... happened ages ago in the draft.... i only found it when i was looking for the last time he had posted

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Jan 30th, 2006 11:22 PM
roughrider
Thunderer

We have to wait for a response from Deadpool909 before we go any further?

Old Post Jan 31st, 2006 04:10 PM
Scoobless
sselboocS

Originally posted by roughrider
We have to wait for a response from Deadpool909 before we go any further?

Don't hold your breath.....

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...mp;userid=52345

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Jan 31st, 2006 05:50 PM
Digi
Forum Leader

Huh...helluva week to be a judge.

I vote for mundane tournament slow-nosity! Because that's sure as heck who's winning this fight right now. First round's always difficult like this though....nothing we can do unfortunately.

Old Post Jan 31st, 2006 08:43 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

i say we change things up a bit and add some excitment: let's make it me vs digi vs dc to see who really IS the 'god-judge'???

laughing

Old Post Jan 31st, 2006 09:00 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

On paper, I say I have the power to curbstomp his team, unless he has a great strategy. Except for that lummox Rhino, his team is mostly street-levelers and enhanced human.

Old Post Jan 31st, 2006 09:20 PM
Digi
Forum Leader

Originally posted by leonidas
i say we change things up a bit and add some excitment: let's make it me vs digi vs dc to see who really IS the 'god-judge'???

God-judge?? Pffft! I'm the MOD-Judge. Gods only have power in their own realm. We're playing in my home dimension (the vs. forum). You two are screwed.

stick out tongue

-DM

P.S. Yeah, he'd not only have to show up, but debate like crazy because on paper I don't see this fight being anything but a curbstomp anyway. Still, disappointing that there's not an actual fight.

Old Post Jan 31st, 2006 09:24 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

Originally posted by roughrider
On paper, I say I have the power to curbstomp his team, unless he has a great strategy. Except for that lummox Rhino, his team is mostly street-levelers and enhanced human.

Hawkeye Rules!.... scroll down for the team busting feats

evil face

Who was that masked man?

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Jan 31st, 2006 11:57 PM
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

Originally posted by DigiMark007
God-judge?? Pffft! I'm the MOD-Judge. Gods only have power in their own realm. We're playing in my home dimension (the vs. forum). You two are screwed.

stick out tongue

-DM

P.S. Yeah, he'd not only have to show up, but debate like crazy because on paper I don't see this fight being anything but a curbstomp anyway. Still, disappointing that there's not an actual fight.

laughing

Old Post Feb 1st, 2006 12:44 AM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote