KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Battlezone » Silverspider/Dizzles Team Tournament: Round 2, Fight 2- Grey Fox vs. Khellendros

Silverspider/Dizzles Team Tournament: Round 2, Fight 2- Grey Fox vs. Khellendros
Started by: Dizzle

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Dizzle
KMC Authority!!!

Silverspider/Dizzles Team Tournament: Round 2, Fight 2- Grey Fox vs. Khellendros

Grey Fox
Ultimate Captain America- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ultimate_Captain_America

Dragon man - http://www.marveldirectory.com/indi...d/dragonman.htm

Deathstroke- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deathstroke

Synch - http://www.marveldirectory.com/individuals/s/synch.htm

Khellendros
Frostbite- http://www.internationalhero.co.uk/f/frostbit.htm

Grail- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grail_%28comics%29

Doctor Light- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doctor...supervillain%29

Jakita Wagner- http://www.internationalhero.co.uk/j/jakita.htm

Standard 1 hour prep.

Location: Big, treasure filled cave. It's got several different chambers, winding tunnels, the whole deal. Inside the main chamber is a massive pile of gold and other small valuables. This room is roughly cubical, about 250 feet across, and is easily the biggest one in the whole cave complex. The rest have their own assorted treasures, but naturally, in smaller amounts.

DarkCrawler is my hero... RESPECT LEONARD NIMOY!!!

Old Post Feb 12th, 2006 05:01 PM
Dizzle is currently offline Click here to Send Dizzle a Private Message Find more posts by Dizzle Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spawnrules
Tiger

Grey Fox 10/10

Thanks Greyfox, JLAKMC, join them or die! JLAKMC 2, KMCA 0

Old Post Feb 12th, 2006 05:37 PM
Spawnrules is currently offline Click here to Send Spawnrules a Private Message Find more posts by Spawnrules Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dman2008
Free Agent

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Spawnrules
Grey Fox 10/10

]

Old Post Feb 12th, 2006 06:10 PM
dman2008 is currently offline Click here to Send dman2008 a Private Message Find more posts by dman2008 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spawnrules
Tiger

much faster stronger and smarter

Old Post Feb 12th, 2006 06:14 PM
Spawnrules is currently offline Click here to Send Spawnrules a Private Message Find more posts by Spawnrules Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-K-M-

That's not how you suppose to vote, you wait till they say their arguements and THEN vote.

Old Post Feb 12th, 2006 06:31 PM
-K-M- is currently offline Click here to Send -K-M- a Private Message Find more posts by -K-M- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spawnrules
Tiger

oh sh!t

Old Post Feb 12th, 2006 06:33 PM
Scoobless
sselboocS

Originally posted by Spawnrules
Grey Fox 10/10

It's a tournament.... you vote based on how well the participants debate and counter each others strategies

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Feb 12th, 2006 06:35 PM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spawnrules
Tiger

i c

Old Post Feb 12th, 2006 06:36 PM
Khellendros
Sin in Pants

Before I post a strategy, I have a question that was probably already answered: do the teams have any info on who they'll be facing? As in, beyond maybe the names?

Old Post Feb 12th, 2006 06:43 PM
Khellendros is currently offline Click here to Send Khellendros a Private Message Find more posts by Khellendros Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blair Wind
The Iron Avenger

you dont get prep knowledge about the team I asked him that myself, however you get one hour of prep to prepare your team for anything

>010010100100000101010010010101100100100101010011<

Old Post Feb 12th, 2006 07:33 PM
Blair Wind is currently offline Click here to Send Blair Wind a Private Message Find more posts by Blair Wind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Khellendros
Sin in Pants

Okay, I thought so but I figured I'd check anyways. Ugh, hate making the first move...

The hour of prep:

For the first fourty-five minutes the team talks a bit more about potential strategies, more on an individual level, than a really complicated team strategy. Since no one really has any equipment to check, the last fourteen minutes are spent mentally preparing for the upcoming fight. In the last minute, Grail and Light put up their shields and Frostbite crafts the usual protective ice coating... and in the last few seconds of prep, Frostbite absorbs enough heat out of their surrroundings to build up one good heat blast.

The fight:

Well, you are in a bit of trouble in this match. The first thing Light is going to do is pull the full electrical charge out of any gadget your team has, including Deathsroke's weapons and even his bionic eye. Without his eye, the only one your team will be able to see in this dark cave is Grail, who is constantly glowing, and who will immediately move away from the rest of his team, with his large glowing shield making him quite a target. But wait... firearms and grenades don't seem to be working, and Dragon Man's fire breath won't ignite... That would be Frostbite's doing, since no form of combustion happens in his vicinity if he doesn't want it too.

With Frostbite ruining the last few long range offensive options your team had, you really have no choice to go in for the close attack. DM will most likely go for the shiny guy, and that will be his last mistake, as a blast of chi disintegrates any organic matter it comes in contact with. Without the Class 100 guy to synch with, Everett goes down to another chi blast as well. Meanwhile Nikita, with her enhanced senses, hangs back with Frostbite in case someone figures out where he is.

Before Cap and DS can launch any real offensive, every last bit of ambient light in the room disappears, sucked up by light, who then focuses that light into a microthin laser beam that burns a hole into the back of Cap's skull. And Deathstroke... well, remember all that voltage Light absorbed? Yeah. He can have it back, but in one concentrated blast, which should fry his nervous system (that nifty power staff must use a lot of energy to function). If for some reason that doesn't work, Frostbite can simply boil him in his own skin with heat taken from their surroundings and what he's already got stored.

Old Post Feb 13th, 2006 12:33 AM
Khellendros is currently offline Click here to Send Khellendros a Private Message Find more posts by Khellendros Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
grey fox
KMC Magik Founder

Give me a second....

Old Post Feb 13th, 2006 10:09 AM
grey fox is currently offline Click here to Send grey fox a Private Message Find more posts by grey fox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
grey fox
KMC Magik Founder

As most of you guys know my posting is sporadic at best , unfortunately it's my holidays and I'm hanging around up in London seeing my baby cousin whom i rarely get to see , as such i don't get a lot of time on the comp . So i am more then likely going to lose this match due to lack of posts , but I'd like to say a few words before getting my ass-kicked royally

A : God is a ***** for pairing me up with the damn bridesmaid

B : Mr T owns Chuck Norris , who ever says otherwise is a lying bastard who needs to be given 'the treatment'

C: I wasn't particularly bothered about winning this match as such , because my only ambition at the time was to at least get past the first round

Now let's see if i can crack this little nut

Ok , Wilson checks his weaponry and discusses his plan with cap (as well as the other team) , he also pools his knowledge of doctor light to the team (Hey you said they got names evil face ) with the remaining time synch is lended and taught how to use caps shield (dont tell me this is impossible , spidey learnt how to throw a damn trashcan lid in a similar manner and cap has only met spidey once or twice.....) and synches with dragonman . Dragonman is also taught in the remaining time by deathstroke who intends to educate dragonman . ( '1+ 1 = 2 , very good dragonman have a biscuit '

Now first of all you say all the light has been sucked out of the room , and grail is walking around like a nightlight . Well were standing in a room full f a pretty damn reflective object s , GOLD , yarr stolen pirate booty ect ect so on and so forth. Now what little light their is will probably be reflected to a decent enough degree for most of my team to see .

Heres where the game begins , deathstroke moves forward slowly talking about lights past . Now I'm not a good psycho annalist . Bit I'm guessing jakita doesn't want stand next to a serial rapist , let alone work with one. This little revelation puts most of the team off kilter long enough for synch to fling the shield straight at frostbite , the poor bastard has his head taken off in a single go (what with the class one hundred strengh and all it should go through whatever ice shields their are like a hot knife through butter) .

A few clangs resound as the shield bounces back , of course your remaining team doesn't notice this as their suddenly blind , a flash bang grenade having taken their sight away .

Now before you can start a 'doctor light can suck away' monologue , he cant . Since at that moment he was being peppered with bullets and a single frag grenade . I'm guessing that he was a little busy ether placing shields up or getting swiss cheesed to try to stop a flashbang.

Now your team is blind and pretty panicked considering one of their teammates has just been decapitated and pretty damn shocked that one of their own is a rapist.

Cap (now with his shield back from the earlier mentioned rebound) takes down Jakita with Truth justice and the all American way . Being skilled enough to over come your opponents strengh is also a plus as well . He takes her down with a few well placed moves before knocking her unconscious with a well placed shield strike to the back of the skull. Effectively knocking her out the match.

Dragonman starts wailing on Lights shield , light is quite frightened and angry now ( and blinder then those three rodents of yonder tale) this shield eventually breaks since it cant stand up too a barrage of class 100 strikes ) He is then ripped to shreds in a most painful manner.

By now grail is just getting his sight back (albeit a very blurry , white spot filled sight) He pretty much finished staggering and throwing random punches . Too little to late though as he is rammed forcibly into the wall by caps shield (which again has been passed to synch) the shield is large enough for synch to put enough of his body behind and still put pressure on grail who is struggling against 100 tons of force ramming him into a wall . Struggling doest help as he then has a broadsword stabbed through his throat , a flame barrage aimed at his face , and a barrage of grenades (both frag , explosive and super) to finish him off

Vote the right way , the grey fox way

-GF

Old Post Feb 13th, 2006 10:32 AM
grey fox is currently offline Click here to Send grey fox a Private Message Find more posts by grey fox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

nice. a real match . . .

oh, and gentlemen, the jlakmc is watching this match with interest . . . shifty

Old Post Feb 13th, 2006 02:47 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Khellendros
Sin in Pants

Originally posted by grey fox
B : Mr T owns Chuck Norris , who ever says otherwise is a lying bastard who needs to be given 'the treatment'

Vin Diesel > *

Ok , Wilson checks his weaponry and discusses his plan with cap (as well as the other team) , he also pools his knowledge of doctor light to the team (Hey you said they got names evil face )

Yes, and Blair Wind said we get NO prep info. <shrugs> Not that it matters either way.

with the remaining time synch is lended and taught how to use caps shield (dont tell me this is impossible , spidey learnt how to throw a damn trashcan lid in a similar manner and cap has only met spidey once or twice.....)

Kay. So Synch can throw it like a giant frisbee. No way in hell is he going to learn how to throw it with anywhere near the skill of Cap in less than an hour. Not even Spidey could do that.

Now first of all you say all the light has been sucked out of the room , and grail is walking around like a nightlight .

I didn't say the light was sucked out of the room, just that there was no light. Dizzle said nothing about torches or lamps lighting the cavern. And you'd better hope I'm right, because giving Light a room full of ambient light to work with is a bad idea.

Well were standing in a room full f a pretty damn reflective object s , GOLD , yarr stolen pirate booty ect ect so on and so forth. Now what little light their is will probably be reflected to a decent enough degree for most of my team to see .

Wrong. Grail doesn't give off nearly that much light. I said he glows, not that he shines like a walking friggin light bulb. That and the fact that he will be moving away from the rest of his group means you're still in the dark as it were.

Heres where the game begins , deathstroke moves forward slowly talking about lights past . Now I'm not a good psycho annalist . Bit I'm guessing jakita doesn't want stand next to a serial rapist , let alone work with one.

Yes, because Jakita and co. are going to beleive the words of a man who wants to kill them all over a team member who has spent two hours of prep and one life-or-death battle with them with no incident.

This little revelation puts most of the team off kilter long enough for synch to fling the shield straight at frostbite , the poor bastard has his head taken off in a single go (what with the class one hundred strengh and all it should go through whatever ice shields their are like a hot knife through butter) .

That might work, except for the fact that Synch can barely see, if at all, while Jakita will hear the thing slicing through the air and knock Frostbite out of the way if the thing turns out to be a threat.

A few clangs resound as the shield bounces back , of course your remaining team doesn't notice this as their suddenly blind , a flash bang grenade having taken their sight away .

Two things wrong with this: first, no grenade will successfully go off because of Frostbite. Second, unless Dizzle mentioned that the cave walls were lined with adamantium, that shield is going to be imbedded in the stone cavern wall, not bouncing all over the damn place.

Now before you can start a 'doctor light can suck away' monologue , he cant . Since at that moment he was being peppered with bullets and a single frag grenade . I'm guessing that he was a little busy ether placing shields up or getting swiss cheesed to try to stop a flashbang.

Okay, even if Frostbite WASN'T taking care of the guns and grenades, go back and read my prep. Light came into this shindig with a shield up.

Cap (now with his shield back from the earlier mentioned rebound) takes down Jakita with Truth justice and the all American way . Being skilled enough to over come your opponents strengh is also a plus as well . He takes her down with a few well placed moves before knocking her unconscious with a well placed shield strike to the back of the skull. Effectively knocking her out the match.

Mmm. That might work, except for the fact that she's easily Class 80 - 100, blindingly fast, and a damn skilled fighter as well. Add to that the fact that Cap's shield is off stuck halfway into a stone wall somewhere, and Cap is F*CKED.

Dragonman starts wailing on Lights shield , light is quite frightened and angry now ( and blinder then those three rodents of yonder tale) this shield eventually breaks since it cant stand up too a barrage of class 100 strikes ) He is then ripped to shreds in a most painful manner.

Please. DM even looks at Light funny and he's getting cut in half with a laser. Not to mention Light can fly, meaning that if DM wants him, he has to use that anti-grav generator, and THAT won't be happening because it, like all of Deathstroke's gadgets, has been drained of power.

By now grail is just getting his sight back (albeit a very blurry , white spot filled sight) He pretty much finished staggering and throwing random punches . Too little to late though as he is rammed forcibly into the wall by caps shield (which again has been passed to synch) the shield is large enough for synch to put enough of his body behind and still put pressure on grail who is struggling against 100 tons of force ramming him into a wall . Struggling doest help as he then has a broadsword stabbed through his throat , a flame barrage aimed at his face , and a barrage of grenades (both frag , explosive and super) to finish him off

First, The grenade never went off. Second, Grail has a shield up which has stood up to Class 100 blows before. Third, Synch is vulnerable to Grail's chi blasts.

So, let's review: Not only is your team deprived of any weapon that relies on combustion to work and any piece of higher technology they had access to, you've given the shield to a novice, and promptly had him bury the very useful indestructible shield into the wall behind my team. One of your best fighters is walking around in the dark missing the use of one eye and chattering away, making him a lovely target. And the other three team members have no protection against tight-focus laser beams or flesh-disintegrating chi blasts. I like my team's odds.

Old Post Feb 13th, 2006 04:03 PM
ScarletSpider
Ben Reilly

quote:

Two things wrong with this: first, no grenade will successfully go off because of Frostbite. Second, unless Dizzle mentioned that the cave walls were lined with adamantium, that shield is going to be imbedded in the stone cavern wall, not bouncing all over the damn place.

Just being the Devil's advocate here, but what's to keep the shield from bouncing around? There's never been a definitive guideline to his shield. It's unbreakable, has a boomerang type ability to come back to its owner after a throw, and can bounce off of stuff. If it can bounce off the back of someone's head, I say it can probably bounce off a rock wall, or anything else, if thrown properly.

Old Post Feb 14th, 2006 02:17 AM
ScarletSpider is currently offline Click here to Send ScarletSpider a Private Message Find more posts by ScarletSpider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Khellendros
Sin in Pants

Originally posted by ScarletSpider
Just being the Devil's advocate here, but what's to keep the shield from bouncing around? There's never been a definitive guideline to his shield. It's unbreakable, has a boomerang type ability to come back to its owner after a throw, and can bounce off of stuff. If it can bounce off the back of someone's head, I say it can probably bounce off a rock wall, or anything else, if thrown properly.

Couple things. First, it's being thrown by a novice. No way is he going to "throw it properly" with only an hour's training. Second, I'm almost positive the shield has been shown to be able to cut through things. Finally, it's being thrown by someone hundreds of times stronger than Cap himself, so I doubt that even he could predict just how it would react.

Old Post Feb 14th, 2006 05:15 AM
grey fox
KMC Magik Founder

Originally posted by Khellendros
Couple things. First, it's being thrown by a novice. No way is he going to "throw it properly" with only an hour's training. Second, I'm almost positive the shield has been shown to be able to cut through things. Finally, it's being thrown by someone hundreds of times stronger than Cap himself, so I doubt that even he could predict just how it would react.

Look if spiderman can learn to throw a trashcan lid in exactly the same manner * then i'm guessing synch can fling it . If not , then cap can do it , ether way it will kill frostbyte , considering that the only defense he has is a Ice shield whereas ult cap has class 5 strength

* Parker even admitted to learning this from cap 'how did you do that ' 'oh a little something i picked up from captain america' . Now form what knowledge i have cap hasn't had nowhere near the time to teach him to do this (note : the shield flinging was before new avengers) the only time i have actually seen spidey intervene with cap was after the shield flinging incident to help quell an attack on doc doom and when cap and the avengers arrived to haul away fire lords loser ass......

Old Post Feb 14th, 2006 07:36 AM
grey fox
KMC Magik Founder

Oh and on the ambient light subject , i remember a certain scan you posted of grail eradicating vampires . The guy was giving off enough light to illuminate the damn street......

Old Post Feb 14th, 2006 07:38 AM
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

the shield CAN cut damn near anything and you don't NEED cl100 strength to do it. cap has shown to be able to throw it through all but the strongest metals, he just doesn't because the shield is so lethal. not sure how strong the ice shield is, but it would have to be DAMN strong for cap's shield, thrown with cl5 strength NOT to penetrate and kill . . .

Old Post Feb 14th, 2006 10:27 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote