KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Battlezone » Team Tournament Information and Discussion Thread

Team Tournament Information and Discussion Thread
Started by: DigiMark007

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (125): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Digi
Forum Leader

Team Tournament Information and Discussion Thread

This is information for anyone who’s interested. This isn’t a sign-up thread or a draft thread, so any attempts to do either will be ignored.

KMC Team Tourney (Hosted by the KMC Green Lantern Corps)

Format – We’ll have 8 teams of 2 people. You will need a partner to participate

Drafting – Each team will then draft 3 characters from comics (same rules as vs. forum…they have to primarily comic characters). Each member of the team will only be allowed to debate for one character. The 3rd character, either one can debate for. Example, if DigiMark and leonidas draft Spider-Man, Hercules, and Doop, they’d have to decide which goes to which (like only allowing Digi to debate for Spidey and Leo for Herc). Either could debate for Doop. Thus, to have the full team contributing, both team members have to debate well. Anything that you say that debates for the person you’re not allowed to debate for will be edited out by me. You MUST post a valid link to your character when you draft them (i.e. not wikipedia).

Other stuff – Brackets will be determined randomly. Matches will be about a week long

Judging format – 2 or 4 judges from the Corps will count as 1 vote each, and then the popular vote (poll) will act as a tie-break. Judges will not be allowed to vote in the poll. In the event that a Corps member is in the tourney, guest judges will be brought in. Observers will be asked to simply vote in the poll and no spam the battle threads except to ask questions pertaining to the fight.

Battles – Each participant will be limited to 9 posts in the battle. That is all. If needed, we may go up or down from there. This is to ensure that battles will not go on forever. Any posts beyond the 9-post limit (if they pertain to the battle) will be deleted. A post of "Thanks to everyone who voted." or "Good luck to my opponents" and similar things will not be considered in the 9-post limit.

Character limits – This will be a “herald” level tourney. No amalgams though.

Speed – Flash is banned. As is anyone with Flash-like reflexes feats (Mr. Majestic, Surfer, etc.).

Power – Generally, “under Thanos” is the rule. We’ll define it more as needed. People that duplicate and copy powers aren’t allowed either.

Magic – Dr. Strange is banned. So is Zatanna, The Doctor, etc. Too much reality manipulation, and too many crazy loopholes (stopping time, entering the Astral Plane, turning people into sandwiches, etc.). Sub-Thanos magic users are fine though.

If a character can’t breathe in space or something, battle locations will be created to accommodate them. Thus, we won’t make Hulk battle on Jupiter or something.

Everyone loves to find loopholes, so we have a “no freaking loopholes” rule in effect at all times. We can change the limits or ban people as we see fit to ensure fair battles, and will deal with every character on an individual basis. Please help me and the Corps out when determining who should and shouldn’t be acceptable….we don’t know everything.

Team sign-ups will go up this Sunday, circa 2PM (Eastern US Time). First come, first served for the bracket positions. If you don’t have a partner, you can’t reserve a spot while searching for one. Post the duo that you know you have.

Since wiki bios aren't allowed, this thread will be helpful: http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...er+info+website
...it's also been pinned at the top of the forum for easy access.

For my use:
Judges - Myself, Validus, Scoobless, Quick Freeze (?), Draco, Tron (?), Mungi, Illadelph12, LethalFemme, outtarddwarf, leonidas
Week 1 (probables): Lethal, Mungi, Scoob, Val
Week 2: Ill, outtard, X?, Draco
Others: Tron, QF, Me, X?
Week 3: jinzin, C-Master, Lethal, Scoob
Week 4: outtard, Ill, Val, X?
Finals: Me, Scoobless, Mungi, Tron?
Weekly: Oblivion, Tick, Sig, KMC, Renga

Last edited by Digi on Jul 23rd, 2006 at 11:03 PM

Old Post Jun 15th, 2006 08:24 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
A.J
Restricted

Account Restricted

Cool digi

Sig by Leo.M

Last edited by A.J on Jun 15th, 2006 at 08:30 PM

Old Post Jun 15th, 2006 08:25 PM
A.J is currently offline Click here to Send A.J a Private Message Find more posts by A.J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

quote: (post)
Originally posted by A.J
what if you want to be in the tornie but cant represtent team, thats just not right sad

Huh? This isn't limited to people from an accepted "team". Team just refers to the fact that it's partners for this tourney. So if you find a partner, and sign up in time, you can do it too.

smile

Old Post Jun 15th, 2006 08:29 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

This will also be getting moved to the vs. forum in a day or two, since that's wehre the tourney will be happening.

Old Post Jun 15th, 2006 08:32 PM
grey fox
KMC Magik Founder

SIGN ME UPPERZ ...I NEED THE 733T ASSKCING

Nah ... I'm kidding. But nine-posts only ? Come on digi thats cheap and you know it .

Old Post Jun 15th, 2006 08:40 PM
grey fox is currently offline Click here to Send grey fox a Private Message Find more posts by grey fox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

leo and kahn are in and ready to kiss all the women and shake the hands of all the babies. wink

Old Post Jun 15th, 2006 08:45 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
A.J
Restricted

Account Restricted

well i have my partner hehe wink

Sig by Leo.M

Old Post Jun 15th, 2006 08:48 PM
A.J is currently offline Click here to Send A.J a Private Message Find more posts by A.J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-K-M-

Talisman also banned?

Old Post Jun 15th, 2006 08:57 PM
-K-M- is currently offline Click here to Send -K-M- a Private Message Find more posts by -K-M- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rewmac
{--Classic Member--}

So only two members from one team?? For example if two members from my team are in me and another cannot go?

Last edited by Rewmac on Jun 15th, 2006 at 09:08 PM

Old Post Jun 15th, 2006 09:05 PM
Rewmac is currently offline Click here to Send Rewmac a Private Message Find more posts by Rewmac Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
A.J
Restricted

Account Restricted

i dont think so, anyone from any team first come first serve

Sig by Leo.M

Old Post Jun 15th, 2006 09:07 PM
DarkCrawler
KABOOOOM!!

Originally posted by King_Mungi
Talisman also banned?

Strange level is.

Old Post Jun 15th, 2006 09:40 PM
DarkCrawler is currently offline Click here to Send DarkCrawler a Private Message Find more posts by DarkCrawler Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

what about power meshing? is that ok? ie: if you draft Superman, Apollo and Radioactive Man.... could you use RM to supercharge SM & Apollo?

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Jun 15th, 2006 11:07 PM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spideys Sister
Official Spidey Fangirl

Those rules only leave less than a handfull of heros. DC is allowed right?

Old Post Jun 15th, 2006 11:21 PM
Spideys Sister is currently offline Click here to Send Spideys Sister a Private Message Find more posts by Spideys Sister Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Originally posted by Scoobless
what about power meshing? is that ok? ie: if you draft Superman, Apollo and Radioactive Man.... could you use RM to supercharge SM & Apollo?

Power meshing is it's own horrible mess. But to be honest, I don't see how we'd avoid it....because with a team like the one you proposed, it would make it seem much less believable if you couldn't enhance your teammates.

So yeah, it's allowed, unless there's strong arguments against it.

Originally posted by Spideys Sister
Those rules only leave less than a handfull of heros. DC is allowed right?

It should leave you plenty of choices. You just have to use your imagination. 8 teams of 3 = 24 people. We had 12 more draft choices than that for the last herald tourney alone (there were 12 participants) and even if you subtract the few that are banned, there's plenty left. smile

Last edited by Digi on Jun 16th, 2006 at 01:27 AM

Old Post Jun 16th, 2006 01:25 AM
batdude123
Life Has No Meaning

Is Dr. Fate allowed?

Old Post Jun 16th, 2006 01:33 AM
batdude123 is currently offline Click here to Send batdude123 a Private Message Find more posts by batdude123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Accel

All right, I'm still new with all this, so I just want to make sure I got this right.

We pair up with partners and each pair drafts three characters that fall within the rules. Whichever characters we pick, we're stuck with thorughout the whole tourney. We then pit our teams against each other randomly and debate how our own teams will win, with each debater discussing only one certain character in each debate. Each person can only post nine posts for the debate in favor of his/her character and each debate will last for a week. By the end, the judges and popular vote will decide who wins the debate and moves on.

Am I right?

Old Post Jun 16th, 2006 01:39 AM
Accel is currently offline Click here to Send Accel a Private Message Find more posts by Accel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

^^ That sounds right Accel. thumb up

Originally posted by batdude123
Is Dr. Fate allowed?

Not sure.

But let's use this opportunity to set some ground rules for magic. Matter manipulation on a mid-to-high level is banned (Zatanna, The Doctor, etc.). Anything that isn't "regular" attack/defense is also banned. Examples of acceptable things would be shields, magical blasts, teleportation, telepathy, etc. Things like stopping time, entering the astral plane, other sort of freaky sh*t, ISN'T allowed.

I think, by those standards, a lot of magic people will be banned. I apologize for this, but there should be a decent amount of magic-users who are both useful and acceptable within the limits (for an example, Loki would be fine, who has occasionally shown some low-level matter manip, but has never turned someone into a sandwich).

I'm pretty sure Talisman is banned (he's Strange level, right?) but I haven't seen anything too bad about Shaman or Fate. But I could be wrong...please help me with this stuff guys, because I obviously don't know everything.

So for Fate, I dunno. I haven't seen enough of his showings. But hopefully that guideline helps you.

Old Post Jun 16th, 2006 01:42 AM
batdude123
Life Has No Meaning

Originally posted by DigiMark007
^^ That sounds right Accel. thumb up

Not sure.

But let's use this opportunity to set some ground rules for magic. Matter manipulation on a mid-to-high level is banned (Zatanna, The Doctor, etc.). Anything that isn't "regular" attack/defense is also banned. Examples of acceptable things would be shields, magical blasts, teleportation, telepathy, etc. Things like stopping time, entering the astral plane, other sort of freaky sh*t, ISN'T allowed.

I think, by those standards, a lot of magic people will be banned. I apologize for this, but there should be a decent amount of magic-users who are both useful and acceptable within the limits (for an example, Loki would be fine, who has occasionally shown some low-level matter manip, but has never turned someone into a sandwich).

I'm pretty sure Talisman is banned (he's Strange level, right?) but I haven't seen anything too bad about Shaman or Fate. But I could be wrong...please help me with this stuff guys, because I obviously don't know everything.

So for Fate, I dunno. I haven't seen enough of his showings. But hopefully that guideline helps you.

Mind you, Dr. Fate is VERY powerful. He is considered the JSA's most powerful member (right after Spectre of course), even above Sentinel! Here he is sending Sentinel, Superman, Wonder Woman, and Star-Spangled Kid to his own relm while in a weakend and trance-like state of mind.

Attachment: dr. fate.jpg
This has been downloaded 525 time(s).

Last edited by batdude123 on Jun 16th, 2006 at 02:08 AM

Old Post Jun 16th, 2006 01:58 AM
batdude123 is currently offline Click here to Send batdude123 a Private Message Find more posts by batdude123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
batdude123
Life Has No Meaning

Part Two!

Old Post Jun 16th, 2006 02:00 AM
batdude123
Life Has No Meaning

Originally posted by batdude123
Part Two!

Old Post Jun 16th, 2006 02:05 AM