KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Battlezone » EVANGEL94's 2nd SLUGFEST SHOWDOWN TOURNAMENT: Scoobless vs Loot (Vote Now!)

EVANGEL94's 2nd SLUGFEST SHOWDOWN TOURNAMENT: Scoobless vs Loot (Vote Now!)
Started by: Evangel94

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (9): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Evangel94
Premium Member

EVANGEL94's 2nd SLUGFEST SHOWDOWN TOURNAMENT: Scoobless vs Loot (Vote Now!)

Scoobless

Herald:
Quasar - http://www.marvel.com/universe/Quas...ndell_Vaughn%29

Enhanced:
Mimic (Exiles) - http://www.marvel.com/universe/Mimic_%28Earth-12%29
Psylocke - http://www.marvel.com/universe/Psylocke

Meta:
Marvel Boy - http://www.marvel.com/universe/Marv..._%28Noh-Varr%29
Wolverine - http://www.marvel.com/universe/Wolv...ames_Howlett%29

Street Level:
Hawkeye - http://www.marvel.com/universe/Hawk...Clint_Barton%29
Ultimate Hawkeye - http://www.marvel.com/universe/Hawkeye_%28Ultimate%29

vs

Loot

Silver Surfer – http://www.marveldirectory.com/indi...ilversurfer.htm

Spawn – http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spawn_%28comics%29; http://www.classicmarvel.com/cast/spawn.htm
Invisible Woman – http://www.marveldirectory.com/indi...isiblewoman.htm

Nightcrawler (aoa style with blades) – http://www.marveldirectory.com/indi...tcrawleraoa.htm

Banshee - http://www.marveldatabase.com/Bansh...Sean_Cassidy%29

Taskmaster – http://www.classicmarvel.com/cast/taskmaster.htm
Shang Shi - http://www.marveldatabase.com/Shang-Chi

Scoobless Write-Up

quote:

Baron wasteland.... meh ... not really an issue.

The only member on Loot's team that none of my guys has met is Spawn, whereas you have never met Noh-Varr, Exiles Mimic or Ultimate Hawkeye. All information on your other characters (and of ourselves) will be shared between my group telepathically during our prep time. Though Nightcrawler is from AoA we will be working under the assumption that he is regular as we only get a list of the names ... so we know his abilities regardless.

Our team agrees to attempt certain strategies.

Quasar obviously knows he is the only one that can fight 1 on 1 with the Surfer. The strength of Q's constructs increases with the time he spends making them so he will devote half the prep to constructing himself a suit of virtually impenetrable armour making it vastly superior to the armour to the one he once donned against the Surfer:

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

Surfer was given the win in that match in order to save the universe (or something) ... Note, that even once Quasar had dropped his armour and stopped fighting back, Surfer still took a while to finish him off ... as he wont be doing that here, the Surfer is in quite a bit of trouble.

Surfer is the only character that actually requires any real prep on your team but to be safe (as we don't know Spawn) we will be starting behind a Quantum shield in order to give Psylocke time to probe your teams minds in order to get some info on him (shouldn't take over a second or two)

(please log in to view the image)

With that done, the shield will be converted into an offensive weapon.

Which may or may not take out your street - meta level guys.

Taskmaster and Shang Chi can easily be held back by my Hawkeyes with various arrows including screamers to throw them off balance and explosives to keep them that way.

Wolverine will elect to take on Nightcrawler while Noh-Varr deals with Banshee

Wolverine has shown once or twice that he is fast enough to intercept a porting-in Nightcrawler and will meet him with claws rather than fists.

Noh-varr is much faster than Banshee and has advanced Kree ranged weaponry that can take him out of the air fairly easily.

Enhanced Kree Super-Soldier >>> Irish Mutant

stick out tongue

Psylocke knows how dangerous Invisible Woman is and will begin a continuous mental assault as soon as the she's passed on the info on Spawn to the others ... this will prevent IW from forming/maintaining any shields or keeping anyone invisible.

Mimic is a one man army .... he is ridiculously fast in the air and can strafe the battlefield with optic blasts... once he has flown a few passes at mach 5 (no doubt wasting a few of the street - meta guys again) he will slam himself into/through Spawn and proceed to tear him to pieces with his claws, strength + eye beams, then move to aid Psylocke (or whoever needs help)

Maximum character limit reached. Posting Loot's write-up next.

Forever Young...

Last edited by Evangel94 on Dec 14th, 2006 at 07:49 PM

Old Post Dec 14th, 2006 07:44 PM
Evangel94 is currently offline Click here to Send Evangel94 a Private Message Find more posts by Evangel94 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Loot

Why didn´t you post my strategy i send it today?

Old Post Dec 14th, 2006 07:44 PM
Loot is currently offline Click here to Send Loot a Private Message Find more posts by Loot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Evangel94
Premium Member

Loot's Write-Up

quote:

Prep time: I don´t know what will be the type of territory where this fight will occur, so i can´t talk much about this part right now. I will of course study the terrain, whatever it may be, i have great strategists in my team, AL Simmons aka Spawn was military force once, taskmaster, even invisible woman, banshee and of course silver surfer are great minds in battle, they just simple are not the killer type like spawn and taskmaster, and lets not forget nightcrawler in aoa his used to war, with his blades he will be deadly.
i´m not seeing any trouble with my team working together, they are pretty much all heroes, with taskmaster as an exception, but for a common goal, task will have no problem working with them. My team knows we are going to need to fight this with all we got, we cannot be gentle against a team like scoob, and the killer methods of spawn, nightcrawler and task will be accepted, this is not a game, we have a purpose in this fight and for the sake of all, we have to do it.

Of course in the prep taskmaster will study all my teams moves, shang shi is a fantastic artial martist, the agility moves of nightcrawler, and don´t forget both sue storm and spawn are great fighter as well (i have a scan proving sue to be a good fighter i´ll show it later if i can).
Before the fight begins, invisible woman will cover all my team members with a shield and put them invisible. Taskmaster and spawn will provide fire weapons to all of my team members, they will use it against quasar force fields (i´m guessing all scoob team members will be protected by it).

The fight itself:

scoob team members will all be protected by quasar force fields, i can see it will be a difficult fight for us, since we will all be protected by great force fields. My idea was, (since we´re invisible and all) to catch quasar with a Invisible Woman shield, her shields have stood up against galactus, of course quasar could break free, but until that moment, surfer would speedblitz his team, and then my entire team wuld face quasar, but lets say this doesn´t happen, then i will write how i´m seeing the fight.

Surfer will attack instantly quasar, he´s the most powerful member of scoob team he has to be kept occupied and hopefully surfer will eventually beat him.
the rest of the team is complicated, since we are all protected by force fields, but i have the advantage of being invisible, and don´t forget sue force fields protect against telepathy, so psylock wouldn´t be of much help.
Looking at your team if you find us at all, the hawkeyes can´t harm sue´s force fields, neither can wolverine, or marvel, or psylocke, like i said her telepathy won´t help, but mimic will be a problem he´s your best member.
From my team, shang can become stronger but against quasar force fields, he will not do much too, neither taskmaster, neither nightcrawaler, i mean of course they will attack you with their weapons, but it will be tough.
The rest of my members however will be your major problem, first banshee, i´ve red somewhere that sound waves can pass trough force fields, if its true, banshee will put your team crazy. He can even use his voice to affect their equilibrium.
Invisible woman has a big advantage over the force fields, for example, quasar is fighting surfer so he gave you force fields but he can´t help your team using it except for defense, in my team its invisible woman controling the fields she can use them for defense, attack, or even redirect your attacks (mimic using cyclops ray vision and with a force fields sue would send him back at him). She is also able to use her force field to destroy other force fields, thus putting your team vulnerable.
For last and most important, spawn, he uses magic, and magic has proved to be a problem against quasar force fields, it is a weakness that i will explore. Of course mimic will have amazing powers, northstar and cyclops etc, and he can copy other mutants powers (not spawn ) but only at 50%, he will be the hardest to go down since he has wolverine healing factor, but eventually he will go down, if its “wolverine dies without main organs” it will be easier, if its wolverine “pretty much immortal”, spawn trough magic will find a way of beating him or by putting him to sleep or knocking him out, if you become metallic like colossus i will use hellfire against you, don´t forget metal is a great heat conductor, and you wouldn´t last much. And don´t forget mimic may be able to copy other´s mutants powers, but spawn can copy others powers as well.
I think surfer can take down quasar solo, but if he needs help he will have it.
When the force fields of quasar become weaker and disappear, nightcrawler will teleport cutting hawkeyes troath, wolverine second to the link you provided, can die if removed of vital organs, but you are going to say he´s immortal, still he can be putted down, banshee scream will do it to him or marvel (banshee can affect the fluid in someone’s ear causing the person to go unconscious), or invisible woman would put a bubble in their head keeping them from breathing or spawn would kick their ass or use magic to put them down, or a spell to make them sleep. Psylock goes down easy since her telepathy wont work. (I do believe you will have some surprise regarding marvel, but against my team he will go down)

Forever Young...

Old Post Dec 14th, 2006 07:45 PM
Evangel94 is currently offline Click here to Send Evangel94 a Private Message Find more posts by Evangel94 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Laminator_X
Once & Future KMC Hawkeye

Wow.

...You are Number Six. Respect Popeye

Old Post Dec 14th, 2006 07:52 PM
Laminator_X is currently offline Click here to Send Laminator_X a Private Message Find more posts by Laminator_X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Evangel94
Premium Member

Announcement:

This goes out to all tournament participants in upcoming matches. Anyone who submits a write-up, must have it in written words only. I'm not going to post scans. That's your job.

-Evangel

Forever Young...

Old Post Dec 14th, 2006 07:53 PM
grey fox
KMC Magik Founder

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Evangel94
Loot's Write-Up

Do Sues shields block TP ? Sounds a little fishy to me....

Old Post Dec 14th, 2006 07:56 PM
grey fox is currently offline Click here to Send grey fox a Private Message Find more posts by grey fox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Loot

Originally posted by grey fox
Do Sues shields block TP ? Sounds a little fishy to me....

its not fishy they do, i will try to search for scans if you need proves, but i´m certain more people in KMC knows about this.

she has protected herself against Psycho-man, but there´s more

Old Post Dec 14th, 2006 08:03 PM
Loot is currently offline Click here to Send Loot a Private Message Find more posts by Loot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
hulk10

Loot wins.

Old Post Dec 14th, 2006 08:06 PM
hulk10 is currently offline Click here to Send hulk10 a Private Message Find more posts by hulk10 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Loot

i´m not finding any scans, but i do know she has fought psi-lord to a standstil, really IW force field can block just about anything, and mental attacks are nothing to her.

Old Post Dec 14th, 2006 08:11 PM
Scoobless
sselboocS

Invisible Woman cannot block TP

erm

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Dec 14th, 2006 08:19 PM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Loot

Originally posted by Scoobless
Invisible Woman cannot block TP

erm

yes she can, she has done it before against psi lord.
And even if she couldn´t, you still didn´t find a way of taking out spawn, wolverine taking out nightcrawler is not going to happen, expecially if he´s protected by a force field.
and spawn can copy every power mimic has and not only at 50%, and not only mutant powers

edit: Invisible Woman shield has proven to negate Jean grey´s attacks both telepathic and telekinetic, this is shwon when Avengers and FF found her in the incubator and when she went offensive, none of the members could stop her, except Invisible woman

Last edited by Loot on Dec 14th, 2006 at 08:28 PM

Old Post Dec 14th, 2006 08:22 PM
Scoobless
sselboocS

Originally posted by Loot
yes she can, she has done it before against psi lord.
And even if she couldn´t, you still didn´t find a way of taking out spawn, wolverine taking out nightcrawler is not going to happen, expecially if he´s protected by a force field.
and spawn can copy every power mimic has and not only at 50%, and not only mutant powers

edit: Invisible Woman shield has proven to negate Jean grey´s attacks both telepathic and telekinetic, this is shwon when Avengers and FF found her in the incubator and when she went offensive, none of the members could stop her, except Invisible woman

I've read that as well ... Jean didn't use TP on IW ... all she "negated" was a TK attack.

If Spawn can copy all powers at full strength then he should not be in E-Meta class ... 616 Mimic wasn't allowed in that class at modern power levels because it was above the caps.

Just so it's clear, Invisible woman cannot block telepathy.

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Dec 14th, 2006 08:32 PM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Loot

If Spawn can copy all powers at full strength then he should not be in E-Meta class ... 616 Mimic wasn't allowed in that class at modern power levels because it was above the caps.

[/B]

i didn´t said that, he won´t, i just said if mimic copies an enhance meta power it will be at 50%, if spawn does the same it eill be at enhanced meta 100%

Her shields protected her from telepathy, as proven when Psycho-Man had to use the device on her when her shield was down.
Telepathy can pass trough her shield however if its incredibly powerful say like omega level, galactus has done so.

Your are basing your victory in psylock telepathy, but you can´t make a mental shutdown, of course against telepathy its even more dificult to beat you, but you will not be able to pass trough invisible womans shields, only mimic has a chance, and he will loose to spawn, magic attacks will beat him. and spawn has showed telepathy has well, so its complicated to say what would happen, i´m imagining psylock entering spawn´s mind and he then showing her the pain of hell, that would mess psy´s head so bad.

Last edited by Loot on Dec 14th, 2006 at 08:47 PM

Old Post Dec 14th, 2006 08:41 PM
Loot

In Fantastic Four #286 Jean was disoriented from her hibernation due to phoenix and went against the Fantastic Four and the Avengers.
She was able to levitate everyone except Invisible Woman who remained unaffected trough a force field.
When Jean attacked her, Invisible Woman created another force field around Jean negating her powers and thus putting the avengers and FF in the ground.
Jean tried to react from inside the force field, but it was completely ineffective and she lost

Old Post Dec 14th, 2006 08:52 PM
Blair Wind
The Iron Avenger

Levitation means TK no expression

>010010100100000101010010010101100100100101010011<

Old Post Dec 14th, 2006 08:56 PM
Blair Wind is currently offline Click here to Send Blair Wind a Private Message Find more posts by Blair Wind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Loot

Originally posted by Blair Wind
Levitation means TK no expression

i was taling about the fight just that.

altough i have no idea if she tried telepathy when attacking from inside the force field.
still i think i exagerated on the omega thing, xavier could probably use his telepathy on her.

and i know this won´t caount for anything but in a marvel RPG card it was stated that her shield provides her immunity for physical and mental attacks.

and we all know her power is psionic

and i said already, my strategy doesn´t depend only of this, my team could still pull a victory like i´ve stated above

Last edited by Loot on Dec 14th, 2006 at 09:05 PM

Old Post Dec 14th, 2006 08:57 PM
Scoobless
sselboocS

Invisible Woman failing to protect against telepathy:

I did a little research, Psycho Man does not use telepathy, he uses an element (Element L) that produces "waves" which effect the emotional state of his victims allowing him some degree of control ... It is nothing like telepathy.

Psylocke attacks Sue, her concentration dissapears, her shields drop, her team is visible, she is easily KOd.

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Dec 14th, 2006 09:07 PM
Laminator_X
Once & Future KMC Hawkeye

Originally posted by Loot
In Fantastic Four #286 Jean was disoriented from her hibernation due to phoenix and went against the Fantastic Four and the Avengers.
She was able to levitate everyone except Invisible Woman who remained unaffected trough a force field.
When Jean attacked her, Invisible Woman created another force field around Jean negating her powers and thus putting the avengers and FF in the ground.
Jean tried to react from inside the force field, but it was completely ineffective and she lost

Jean's telepathic powers were dormant at that point, and remained so through much of the original X-Factor run.

Mind you, I'm not taking a position in the debate over weather Sue's forcefield blocks telepathy. I'm merely pointing out that the example of FF#286 doesn't address that question one way another.

I do find it interesting that Jean was unable to levitate her behind her shield though.

...You are Number Six. Respect Popeye

Old Post Dec 14th, 2006 09:07 PM
Laminator_X is currently offline Click here to Send Laminator_X a Private Message Find more posts by Laminator_X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Loot

Invisible Woman failing to protect against telepathy:

Psylocke attacks Sue, her concentration dissapears, her shields drop, her team is visible, she is easily KOd.

thats assuming a lot. i´ve been reading a lot right now there´s a huge discussion about this (wheres wynndar when we need him), many people say she has TP many people says she hasn´t. She has proven that she has it, and in your scan it seems she doesn´t (happens all the time in comics), and in the scan we don´t know if its a closed force field could be simply a wall, but like i said in a comics different writers put different things sometimes

Still sur storm has a resistant mind to TP and saying her force field would go down right a way is exagerating, still your not talking about spawn, why would spawn let psyclock toy with anyone? i actually would like taht psy would try to enter in spawn´s mind, she would be petrefied, and like you said, she doens´t know him. and he can take her and mimic without a force field

Last edited by Loot on Dec 14th, 2006 at 09:30 PM

Old Post Dec 14th, 2006 09:15 PM
Loot

sue has defended herself against attacks from galactus and many os his heralds. Almost successfully defended against Doom with the power of a watcher enhanced by his own technology, Occulus, Hyperstorm, Annihilus, Terminus. almost, not saying she can beat this guys no way, of course not, but she will not loose to psylock.

http://img293.imageshack.us/my.php?...e2020011yo1.jpg

and sue is not the only team member i have, you are even forgeting surfer, after he beats quasar, he will help the team is necessary, i really don´t see quasar beating surfer, giving him a hell of a trouble? yes of course

Last edited by Loot on Dec 14th, 2006 at 09:21 PM

Old Post Dec 14th, 2006 09:18 PM