KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Battlezone » EVANGEL94's 2nd SLUGFEST SHOWDOWN TOURNAMENT: Laminator_X vs hulk10 (Vote now!)

EVANGEL94's 2nd SLUGFEST SHOWDOWN TOURNAMENT: Laminator_X vs hulk10 (Vote now!)
Started by: Evangel94

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Evangel94
Premium Member

EVANGEL94's 2nd SLUGFEST SHOWDOWN TOURNAMENT: Laminator_X vs hulk10 (Vote now!)

Laminator_X

Herald Level:
Baron Mordo http://www.marvel.com/universe/Baron_Mordo

Enhanced-Meta Level:
The Super-Skrull http://www.marvel.com/universe/Super-Skrull
Temugin http://www.leaderslair.com/marvelvillains/temugin.html

Meta Level:
Fixer http://www.geocities.com/marvel_terror/fixer/fixer.html
Ecstasy http://www.marveldirectory.com/indi...s/e/ecstasy.htm

Street Level:.
Deadshot http://www.angelfire.com/ar/hellUSA/Deadshot.htm
Ra's al Ghul http://www.legionsofgotham.org/BIOSrasalghul.html

Vs

Hulk10

Herald
Black Bolt (http://www.marveldirectory.com/indi...b/blackbolt.htm

E. Meta
Colossus (http://www.marveldirectory.com/indi.../c/colossus.htm
Sasqautch (http://www.marveldirectory.com/indi...s/sasquatch.htm

Meta
Tigra (http://www.marvel.com/universe/Tigra)
Madam Medusa (http://www.marveldirectory.com/individuals/m/medusa.htm)

Street
Captain America (http://www.marveldirectory.com/indi...tainamerica.htm
Elektra (http://www.marveldirectory.com/indi...s/e/electra.htm

AREA:
The battle takes place on *a* moon inside an indestructible dome. Assume inside the dome, there's breatheable atmosphere. The competitors cannot leave the dome area. Inside the dome, there are rocky hills and large impact craters. The moon used in this battle has 1/4th the gravity of earth in this battle. The area is 100 x 100 miles wide.

Link to basic rules:
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...threadid=431566

Laminator_X “Write-Up”

quote:

As it turns out, I won't be able to post from fork today, so I've got a fairly thorough write up here for everyone's perusal. I'm sending it in three parts to aid in readability and easier citation. I'll be able to debate, Q&A, post scans etc. after aroud 6 Central.

Alright, it's on!

The team spends a few minutes getting to know one another, and settle into a workable dynamic where Ra's al Ghul is essentially in charge, allthough to assuage their egos Ra's lets Baron Mordo think that he's sharing leadership and talks to the Super-Skrull in terms of his being an ally rather than a member of a tam led by humans. Temugin follows Ra's out of respect for an elder mastermind, and the others are all used to working for bigger fish.

The Fixer, having raided/stolen Avengers and SHIELD databases on more than one occasion, briefs the team on what they're up against with holograms from his tech-pack. They start to brainstorm strategy.

"You know," says the Fixer, "The Lunar surface is composed mostly of Anorthite, Armalcolite and Ilmenite feldspars. Which in layman's terms," he smirks, "means the rock we're standing on is chock full of Magnesium and [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Titanium#Precautions]Titanium{/url]." He looks at Temugin, "According to my files, isn't one of those rings a matter re-arranger?"

"I believe I see what you're getting at, Technician," says Ra's al Ghul looking up at the enclosing dome. "We would need only to arrange a suitable shelter and a supply of oxygen."

After a few more minutes, the plan was perfected.

Baron Mordo calls upon the Flames of the Faltine to crack open a shaft several miles down into the lunar surface (though not outside the battlefield radius, of course). Ecstasy teleports Temugin, Fixer, and Mordo to the bottom. Between Mordo's magic, Fixer's tech-pak, and especially Temugin's matter re-arranger; the three are able to construct an extremely robust underground bunker of layered titanium-steel and stone in mere minutes. Fixer directs Temugin to extract enough oxygen for several hours from the surrounding lunar Anorthite (46%oxygen) after which Super-Skrull colapses/melts the shaft closed completing their hidey-hole. Mordo begins work on a scrying pool while Fixer and Temugin return to the surface with Ecstasy.

Once there, Temugin demonstrates the range and power limits of the matter rearranger for the Fixer while geting used to maneuvering in the Lunar gravity. The Fixer then scans the terrain with his tech-pak and tells Temugin to look into his mind with his Mento-Intensifier ring to see exactly what he needs to do (Fixer helped Temugin this way while building the bunker as well). Fixer offers him a gas-mask too, but Temugin refuses as Rings and his Chi will protect him in the task ahead.

"Suit youself," says Fixer as he, Ra's, Kl'rt, and Dead Shot are then (unpleasantly as always) teleported down to the bunker by Ecstasy. They arrive to see Mordo completing a spell to control the weather on their team's side of the barrier.

Mordo calms and cools the air on the surface and then sends a mental message to Temugin: "Begin."

This will all have roughly consumed the first hour of the allotted prep time (during which Deadshot has been very bored).

For the remaining hour, Temugin runs and anime-moon-leaps throughout the area extracting (thanks to the mind-linked guidance from the Fixer) vast quantities of pure Magnesium and Titanium powder from the Moon's surface minerals. Before long, tons of the volatile elements are lying in heaps scattered throughout our side of the battlefield dome.

At the appropriate time, Ecstasy returns to the surface to bring Temugin back to the bunker miles below. "The heavens themselves shall shake" says the Mandarin's heir as they vanish into the darkness.

Below, Mordo and Ra's had been discussing strategy while fixer outfits his and Deadshot's costumes with re-breathers and adds energy beam weapons to Deadshot's wrist arsenal (since gunpowder won't work on the surface once the plan takes effect). They won't need them if all goes well, but they want to be prepared.

Once Ecstasy returns with Temugin, everyone waits for the signal while Ra's al Ghul carefully watches his finely crafted Swiss pocket-watch. At Battle-minus-30 seconds, Ra's looks at Mordo and says "Now, Baron"

Mordo smiles and concentrates on his weather spell, causing the air to rapidly warm and a wind (gentle at first then strengthening rapidly near the end) to scatter the Magnesium and Titanium powder into the air. (The powder drifts especially well in the low gravity) At Battle-5 seconds, he allows the static electricity in the hot dusty wind to finally have its wish and a stroke of lightning tears across the width of the dome. (Deep below the Super-Skull reinforces the bunker with his force-field, just in case.)

The thunder is nothing compared to what comes next. The lightning ignites the clouds of Magnesium and Titanium dust into a firestorm several miles wide. Yet, for a few precious seconds the gigantic explosive pressures are contained by the indestructible dome and barrier. Contained that is, until the barrier falls.

When the barrier drops Hulk-10's team is met by an unstoppable wave of destruction combining the nastiest attributes of both a Fuel-Air Explosion and a giant Shaped Charge.

As a miles-wide super-sonic blast furnace is unleashed upon Hulk-10's side of the battledome, everyone on his team except Colossus and Sasquatch will be crushed and incinerated simultaneously! Black Bolt might last a few seconds if he can react fast enough to use his deflection ability to counter the concussion, but he'll then succumb to the intense heat, flames, and having all the nothing to breathe but super-heated poisonous fumes. I doubt he'll react that quickly though, as he'll have been stunned by the blinding flash of light the instant the barrier came down. Surface shelter is useless as the burning air flows and crushes around cover and into craters (the FAE link above describes this affect)

(Above board, this doesn't violate rule 4, as none of my characters are using any sort of unavoidable instant kill power here, this is just good tactics. There're more than a few characters in this tourney who could survive this. Hulk-10 just doesn't have enough of them.)

Mordo sends his astral form to find and of the deafenned, blind, stunned,and battered Sasquatch and Colossus until the firestorm abates enough for Ecstasy (intangible) to deploy the Super-Skrull (fiery environment no problem) and Temugin (Cold & Matter Rings +Chi body control) to the surface.

Ecstasy grabs Sasquatch into her Cloak-like darkness, and Temugin uses his White Ring (electromagnetism) to hold Colossus up off the ground with no leverage for the immobilize-tko. K'rt is there for backup, just in case one of the bricks does something clever (in particular, he'll slow down Colossus's hands if he tries a shockwave-clap). Mordo can aslo mental attacks while present in his astral form, if necessary.

In the end, the only thing left of Hulk-10's team is Captain America's shield.

Thank you for you votes.

No write-up received from Hulk10

Forever Young...

Last edited by Evangel94 on Dec 18th, 2006 at 07:16 PM

Old Post Dec 18th, 2006 07:08 PM
Evangel94 is currently offline Click here to Send Evangel94 a Private Message Find more posts by Evangel94 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Evangel94
Premium Member

I also know that Laminator_X's write-up (about 3 pages long) is longer than the cap I just made, but he submitted it to me before I made that rule. And to give hulk10 the benefit as well, I'll make any match after this one must have write-ups that are at most 2 pages long. So hulk10 can submit a really long write-up as well.

Forever Young...

Old Post Dec 18th, 2006 07:12 PM
Evangel94 is currently offline Click here to Send Evangel94 a Private Message Find more posts by Evangel94 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

Just ... wow.

May all your dreams come true - except for one.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2006 07:21 PM
Dreampanther is currently offline Click here to Send Dreampanther a Private Message Find more posts by Dreampanther Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StarsNeverFall7

Thats exactly what I was thinking....someone put alot of thought into this and used to terrain to their advantage. Lets see what Hulk10 comes back with...

Old Post Dec 18th, 2006 07:52 PM
StarsNeverFall7 is currently offline Click here to Send StarsNeverFall7 a Private Message Find more posts by StarsNeverFall7 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

I like it ... I'd like it more if Temugin was actually allowed his matter manipulator ring in the tourney (that, along with his disintegrator were banned ... i'm pretty sure about that) ... and even moreso if the whole thing wasn't an offensive move being made before the match actually starts.

no expression

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Dec 18th, 2006 08:03 PM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
hulk10

Here's my write up.

They start prep by getting to know each other.
Medusa and Black Bolt are already husband and wife so they know each other.Sasqautch and Colossus are loking at each other and testing each others strength.Tigra and Elektra are girls so they become aqquanted.And cap will decied that he will be freinds with them.Then they all get to know each other(a reason that I choose this team is becuase they are all good guys).Then they come up with a stradigy to cap,at any time, to at least try to block any long range attack and try to out munver,using the low gravity, to dodge any attacks.Other then that they don't do anything else.
Black Bolt Elecktron blasts the Super skrull.Then Madam Medusa slashes her hair at Deadshot and Colossus picks Deadshot up and throws him at a rock formation and sense he is a street he would probably knock him out.Sasqautch then jumps on Baron Mordo and pounds on him then cap throws his sheid at Mordo.Then black bolt keeps on pounding Super Skrull.Elektra then throws her daggers at Ra's al Ghul knoking him out.Then Colossus starts pounding on Fixer knocking him out.Then Sasqautch gets of Mordo and pounds( and knocks out)Ecstasy.Then BB decieds that Super Skrull is strong and whispers knocking him out and because of the whiper a lot of rocks fly at Mordo still not knock him out.Then cap throws his shield at Temugin while Sasqautch and colossus pick up a 100 ton chunk of rock together then they hurl it at Temugin.Now all of my characters start punding at him and then after about 1 hour Black Bolt screams and knocks him out. Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance

Last edited by hulk10 on Dec 18th, 2006 at 08:39 PM

Old Post Dec 18th, 2006 08:25 PM
hulk10 is currently offline Click here to Send hulk10 a Private Message Find more posts by hulk10 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StarsNeverFall7

They are girls so they become aquainted...haha. Sorry I read that and got a nails and pedacure image in my head...

Old Post Dec 18th, 2006 08:42 PM
StarsNeverFall7 is currently offline Click here to Send StarsNeverFall7 a Private Message Find more posts by StarsNeverFall7 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
hulk10

Sorry when I said "at him" at the end I meant at mordo.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2006 08:42 PM
hulk10 is currently offline Click here to Send hulk10 a Private Message Find more posts by hulk10 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
hulk10

If we are in lower gravity then Deadshots bullet would start to fly off the main course or go slower.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2006 08:51 PM
hulk10

Yes but as your giant deadly wave comes at me BB waves his hand and creates his indestructible shield and that protects them also BB can protect himslef without cap because of his shield.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2006 09:01 PM
Evangel94
Premium Member

Hey I can't read through every participants write-up to see if they are right or not. It's up to the readers to decide if the said write-up is actually possible.

That's being said I will answer all related inquiries and disputes regarding this match.

Forever Young...

Old Post Dec 18th, 2006 09:18 PM
Digi
Forum Leader

...I dunno if it's legal, but that's one helluva great strategy up there. Kudos Lam.

thumb up

P.S. This is NOT a vote.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2006 09:40 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ambient
MAJIN_OVERLORD

Anyone on the level of Enhance meta should'nt be allowed to use any form of matter manipulation.. And im finding it hard to beleived that all this prep would take place in 2hrs or less. This Temugen char. seemed like a herald level to me and it would be usefull if you could show scans of what Temugen w/matter manipulation ring was capable of, you need some sort of enhance perception to manipulate matter on that level..
Thats some write up dough, I like it..

Vote for Laminator X for now tell, Hulks 10 team lacks strategy, sorry but just my 2 cents..

My Artwork

Old Post Dec 18th, 2006 09:47 PM
Ambient is currently offline Click here to Send Ambient a Private Message Find more posts by Ambient Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

"You know," says the Fixer, "The Lunar surface is composed mostly of Anorthite, Armalcolite and Ilmenite feldspars. Which in layman's terms," he smirks, "means the rock we're standing on is chock full of Magnesium and [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Titanium#Precautions]Titanium{/url]." He looks at Temugin, "According to my files, isn't one of those rings a matter re-arranger?"

This isn't Earth's moon .. it's "a" moon ... no way to say what it's made of for sure.

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Dec 18th, 2006 09:51 PM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TricksterPriest
Renegade Timelord

Come on, credit where credit is due. This strategy is ingenius. I'll hold my vote for now, but I'm leaning towards laminator. Hulk's write up is somewhat illogical. I don't see Baron Mordo or Ra's going down that easily. I think you've greatly underestimated Laminator's team.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2006 10:44 PM
TricksterPriest is currently offline Click here to Send TricksterPriest a Private Message Find more posts by TricksterPriest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

quote: (post)
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Come on, credit where credit is due. This strategy is ingenius. I'll hold my vote for now, but I'm leaning towards laminator. Hulk's write up is somewhat illogical. I don't see Baron Mordo or Ra's going down that easily. I think you've greatly underestimated Laminator's team.

I agree... Lam is definitely in the lead.

You need a lot more than ... "my guy knocks your guy out, my other guy knocks your other guy out" ... to get through tourney rounds.

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Dec 18th, 2006 10:57 PM
King KAM

Originally posted by Scoobless
I like it ... I'd like it more if Temugin was actually allowed his matter manipulator ring in the tourney (that, along with his disintegrator were banned ... i'm pretty sure about that) ... and even moreso if the whole thing wasn't an offensive move being made before the match actually starts.

no expression
ooooooh????nasty ownage....

Old Post Dec 18th, 2006 10:58 PM
King KAM is currently offline Click here to Send King KAM a Private Message Find more posts by King KAM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King KAM

Originally posted by Scoobless
I agree... Lam is definitely in the lead.

You need a lot more than ... "my guy knocks your guy out, my other guy knocks your other guy out" ... to get through tourney rounds.
Lam isnt in the lead....in my book, Because like you said, his plan is too drawn out for just two hours, this isnt an earth moon, you said the rings are banned, and if this is all true....he will have to re-write that hole ingenius strategy....but the strategy was good...just doesnt seem legal

Old Post Dec 18th, 2006 11:01 PM
King KAM is currently offline Click here to Send King KAM a Private Message Find more posts by King KAM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TricksterPriest
Renegade Timelord

The rules were no using it on people, never said the enviroment was out. Laminator isn't taking Black Bolt's sonic voice into account, but if BB uses that, kiss his team goodbye. No, I think his plan is good. Only BB's voice has a shot of stopping that, and to use that would put his team at risk. And yes, his plan is doable in 2 hours. But only because his team doesn't have alot of friction and most of those guys are used to elaborate schemes.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2006 11:16 PM
TricksterPriest is currently offline Click here to Send TricksterPriest a Private Message Find more posts by TricksterPriest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King Kandy

Wow. Laminators strategy is so thorough, so thought out, that this match is over for me.

Laminator wins.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2006 11:30 PM
King Kandy is currently offline Click here to Send King Kandy a Private Message Find more posts by King Kandy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote