KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Battlezone » EVANGEL94's 2nd SLUGFEST SHOWDOWN TOURNAMENT: Typhus vs King Kandy (Vote Now!)

EVANGEL94's 2nd SLUGFEST SHOWDOWN TOURNAMENT: Typhus vs King Kandy (Vote Now!)
Started by: Evangel94

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Evangel94
Premium Member

EVANGEL94's 2nd SLUGFEST SHOWDOWN TOURNAMENT: Typhus vs King Kandy (Vote Now!)

Location Announcement

The Match for "King Kandy vs Typhus" will take place in

In a frozen over with ice, and snow covered New York City.

Perfect Example of the terrain the terrain located here:
(please log in to view the image)

Typhus

-Morg
http://www.classicmarvel.com/cast/morg.htm

-War Machine (Parnell Jacobs)
http://www.classicmarvel.com/cast/war_machine3.htm
-Emma Frost (White Queen)
http://www.classicmarvel.com/cast/emma_frost.htm

-Carnage
http://www.marvel.com/universe/Carn...letus_Kasady%29
-Deadpool (earth 1036)
http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix3/deadpoolvisions.htm

-Classic Deathstroke the Terminator (before becoming immortal)
http://www.titanstower.com/source/w...eathstroke.html
-Boba Fett
http://members.shaw.ca/david.p.z.88.../boba_fett.html

VS

King Kandy

Herald Choice
Erica:http://www.geocities.com/jhaeman/Comics/spellbo.html

Enhance Meta Choices
Legacy Genis-Vell:http://www.leaderslair.com/legacy/legacy.html
Jack of Hearts: http://www.marveldirectory.com/indi...ackofhearts.htm

Meta Choices
Beast: http://www.uncannyxmen.net/db/spotl...&fldAuto=57
Demogoblin:http://www.spiderfan.org/characters/demogoblin.html

Street Leveler
Daredevil: http://www.marveldirectory.com/indi...d/daredevil.htm
The Question: http://www.internationalhero.co.uk/q/question.htm

Typhus Write-Up
quote:

Write Up (2 pages exactly)
Pre-Battle:

Before my last battle I tried to explain away my team friction, however there were still some unbelievers as to Carnage working on a team. If you’ve read Maximum Carnage (and I’m not talking about an online synopsis) you know that Carnage is more than willing to put up with teammates when he has to. In a more recent showing he even teamed up with Venom in order to take out his son Toxin. He teamed up with one of the people he hates most (and that’s saying something for Carnage) because he couldn’t win alone - and that’s precisely why he would fight on my team.

As for the other team, Kandy has yet to explain how Erica will act and coordinate in her current mental state. Not only that, but why a demonic entity like Demogoblin would ever work on a team with so many ‘heroes’. There’s no chance DD and Beast would work along side a demented demon like DG. During the prep, they’d probably end up fighting him rather than get it together, and the team would be not only one member down, but also damaged from Demogoblin’s attacks before he was brought down.

Prep:

OK, so the terrain is a city scape buried in snow. This won’t have a significant effect on any of my characters - Morg won’t be effected at all, Emma has her diamond form, Jacobs is safe inside his armor, Carnage isn’t bothered by cold, Deadpool will be wearing his coat made of Beast’s fur (also for intimidation purposes), and DS and BF have both fought in freezing battlefields before. Hardened mercs can shrug off the cold.

For actual prep - Most of my characters are familiar with New York, and those that aren’t are instantly briefed via Emma reading the information and sharing it with the team. War Machine will again take off and scout, getting a feel for the ice covered city and relaying the info back to the rest of the team.

Morg will manipulate the matter of a building to form a sturdy bunker, and my weaker teammates will take shelter in there at the start of the match in case the other team starts with a powerful offensive blast or explosion. If it looks clear after a minute of so, the lower level team members will get to work.

The Battle:

Morg (as he usually does) will launch an all out assault on the enemy herald, and when they clash, I really don’t see any outcome other than Morg taking the victory. Both characters can manipulate matter and have energy attacks, which would pretty much cancel each other out. This battle would come down the strength, of which Morg has plenty. I really don’t know much about Erica, but from what I gather she won’t be ready to take on an entity like Morg. He’d be on her before she knew what was going on and even if she erects a defense in time, she wouldn’t be able to hold the Executioner at bay for long. With this big of a distraction, she also won’t be able to concentrate on supporting or making her team stronger.

For my e-meta warriors, this time War Machine will take the brunt of the fighting on his own, while Emma takes position on a building that will give her a good view of the entire battlefield (Empire State for example). From this advantageous position she can provide both psychic support and attacks to whichever group needs help, and project false images to confuse the enemy. While War Machine dodges Genis and Jack, all the while bombarding them with his full arsenal (beams, bullets, and missiles), Emma will bombard them with dizzying visions and psychic attacks that will stun and injure them, leaving them vulnerable to WM. In the unlikely event that WM’s exo skeleton is damaged beyond operation, he’ll disengage the added arsenal and still have a fully functional standard War Machine armor to use, complete with missile pod, gatling cannon, and uni beams - not to mention his maneuverability will be increased - so if he had any problems dodging and destroying his opponents before, they won’t be a problem.

My meta characters both have intricate knowledge of their opponents (Carnage has teamed up with Demo Goblin, and in his universe Deadpool has KILLED beast). Carnage will scout ahead, swinging through what’s left of the buildings and once he finds his prey he’ll lead them back to DP, who’ll be ready and waiting to ambush and take out Beast once again. Assuming demo hasn’t already been killed by his own team, Carnage (who is intimately familiar with his abilities) will make short work of the demon. With their opponents quickly (and violently) dispatched, Carnage and DP will be free to help other members of the team who need the assistance (Emma who is watching and helping the different groups will tell them via mind link who needs help and how).

Finally, Fett and Deathstroke will take an offensive role, and will leap frog (one moves ahead while the other provides cover from a secure position) from cover to cover (buildings, snow and rubble) until they spot their targets. If Deathstroke doesn’t kill DD in the opening volly of fire, he’ll move into close combat for the kill. In hand to hand, DD (who’s gotten beat by Punisher) has little chance against Deathstroke. And with his armor, weapons, and jet pack Fett will make quick work of Question. Once the two are taken care of, the two street mercs will rendezvous with DP and Carnage, and join the battle against Genis and Jack.

With Emma offering powerful mental support, they other team will be systematically annihilated. The unstable Spellbinder might have a few good tricks, but Morg lives combat, and sooner than later, she’s going down. From there, if any of the others on my team need support, Morg will destroy the enemy, although each of my team are more than capable of handling a threat like this.

King Kandy Write-Up
quote:

write up
Prep:

Erica power meshes with Genis to increase her Matter Manip powers. Then, she disintegrates a large cavern, and makes a huge titanium base with simple facilities. Everyone gets in, and then they are re-buried. Jack of Hearts releases his concussive force, which is bound together by Erica’s order powers, and made into thousands of “Concussion Bombs” that are buried in the Earth. Legacy changes the light of the bombs so they are invisible, and the team plants a couple hundred more in the air, so anytime anyone comes near the hidden fortress, they’re hit with a giant chain reaction of bombs, annihilating most street Levelers or Metas. Then several Tunnels are made from the base into the ground, with films of Order, so that when the explosions make my team aware of Typhus’s teams presence, Jack of Hearts, Genis, and Erica can use these tunnels as “Cannons”, and the film of Order, will turn the blasts into little energy “Cannonballs”. So the instant that typhus’s team sets foot on my side, they’ll basically be consumed by a firestorm of energy.

Fight:

More then likely, the weaker members of Typhus’s team will have been killed by the aforementioned Firestorm. This leaves his E-Meta’s and Morg. Demogoblin will fly up and use his despair bombs to confuse them. In this confusion, Erica will Matter Manipulate Morg’s axe into pure energy, which will be directed towards the two E-Metas, severally injuring them. Erica and Genis-Vell double team on Morg, and slowly take him out, while Jack of Hearts takes on Emma Frost and all My Metas and Street levelers take on War Machine. After Morg goes down, Typhus’s E-metas will be exhausted, and the rest is clean up duty, as all my remaining team members take on his spent warriors.

Thus, the victory goes to me.

Good luck to both competitors. Let the fight begin!

Forever Young...

Last edited by Evangel94 on Dec 21st, 2006 at 08:12 PM

Old Post Dec 21st, 2006 08:02 PM
Evangel94 is currently offline Click here to Send Evangel94 a Private Message Find more posts by Evangel94 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TricksterPriest
Renegade Timelord

Sorry Kandy. Typhus has the better setup and team. Using Demogoblin is idiotic. That loony takes out everyone who isn't with his unholy crusade and you haven't explained why your team is the exception. Typhus, I have one problem. The War Machine Exo-skeleton might count as prep. Evangel, is that the case? Or is that standard equip?

Old Post Dec 21st, 2006 08:15 PM
TricksterPriest is currently offline Click here to Send TricksterPriest a Private Message Find more posts by TricksterPriest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Evangel94
Premium Member

quote: (post)
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Sorry Kandy. Typhus has the better setup and team. Using Demogoblin is idiotic. That loony takes out everyone who isn't with his unholy crusade and you haven't explained why your team is the exception. Typhus, I have one problem. The War Machine Exo-skeleton might count as prep. Evangel, is that the case? Or is that standard equip?

It's not prep, because Tphus specifically chose "War Machine with the exo-armor" for all his matches when Typhus drafted him.

It would only count as prep if Typhus only chose "War Machine" during the draft and then later used the exo-armor. Typhus did not do this.

Forever Young...

Old Post Dec 21st, 2006 08:19 PM
Evangel94 is currently offline Click here to Send Evangel94 a Private Message Find more posts by Evangel94 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Evangel94
Premium Member

Here is some additional information regarding Spellbinder. Every little bit helps.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spellb...(Marvel_Comics)

Here is also a screenshot of the unchanged page so no one can cheat and edit the powers and abilities section.

(please log in to view the image)

Forever Young...

Old Post Dec 21st, 2006 08:20 PM
TricksterPriest
Renegade Timelord

Can I get at least some kind of powers list for Erica? Because I'm seeing a big fat zippo on feats, powers, etc here.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2006 08:41 PM
TricksterPriest is currently offline Click here to Send TricksterPriest a Private Message Find more posts by TricksterPriest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

Can I get at least some kind of powers list for Erica? Because I'm seeing a big fat zippo on feats, powers, etc here.

Ditto.

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Dec 21st, 2006 08:50 PM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King Kandy

I posted a feat list in my previous fight.

And I'll admit that Demogoblin might not be a good choice. I chose Meta after meta, and ultimatly I was just srounging up anything I could.

I think Typhus mistakenly believes that I'm going to come out guns-a blazing for this fight. Wrongo. His teams far too powerful, stronger then my tam. But like I said in my write up, there are energy traps everywhere that I set up during prep, and I bet a bunch of those can take out his low-tier guys.

I not so stupid that I'd take on Morg with Erica alone. I'm going to, in my final confrontation with him, get as many people attacking him at once as possible. I think Genis and Erica together, maybe Jack of Hearts as well, will be able to beat Morg.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2006 08:59 PM
King Kandy is currently offline Click here to Send King Kandy a Private Message Find more posts by King Kandy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TricksterPriest
Renegade Timelord

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...ot-rob-vote-now

I went to the trouble of pulling out your feats page. And this time, you're not winning. Morg is simply too powerful for Erica to beat. And I gave you a major loophole when you fought Super Sonic. Without that loophole I gave you last time, you would have lost. Unfortunately, Power cosmic is virtually immeasurable and I don't think Erica can de-power Morg. If you produce a few scans, it might help your case. Also, your strat is a bit one hit killish for my tastes. Evangel, is his strat legal?

Old Post Dec 21st, 2006 09:23 PM
King Kandy

Also, your strat is a bit one hit killish for my tastes.

Since durability is a facotr, then no.

If Thor punched a street Leveler, it would kill him, but it's not a one hit kill. Because durability is a factor. It's not any different for energy attacks.

Also, Erica stalemated Zxaxz without the conversion rings. Zxaxz conquered a solar system, and could casualy destroy planets, and bring the dead back to life.

That's an indication of how powerful Erica is, that she could match dead even against that guy.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2006 10:30 PM
King Kandy is currently offline Click here to Send King Kandy a Private Message Find more posts by King Kandy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Typhus
Mandalorian Merc

Hey, I have the flu, so this is probably going to be my only post for a while. First of all, like a stated in my prep my weaker team members start out in a bunker, while Morg blitzes. Odds are he's going to trigger the firestorm, which will not harm him, but prematurely spring your trap leaving you open. My team will then commence with the aforementioned strategy of moving up and going offensive (I never said I expected your team to charge, in my strategy mine moves up).

Your weaker members will be cowering in fear in their 'fortress' (ASSUMING it gets built because Erica is not a master strategist and she's crazy), and Demogoblin will be dead because there's no way he's working on your team. It just won't happen (He might even take a member of your team down with him). This puts me at a huge advantage right off the bat.

With your current strategy, victory is simply beyond your teams grasp. My seasoned vets will massacre (what’s left of) your team.

Anyway, I'll check in in a bit. Too... sick... sick

Old Post Dec 21st, 2006 10:42 PM
Typhus is currently offline Click here to Send Typhus a Private Message Find more posts by Typhus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King Kandy

If Morg goes on the offensive while your other members are in the bunker, then he'll trigger the traps, and Erica will be allerted, at which point pretty much everyone on my team will come and F*** Morg up.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2006 10:45 PM
King KAM

If this is a serious Genis who isnt being a pussy, or poorly written. With his God-like powers??? He lays waste to everyone on the other squad, morg is too slow to keep up with him.

But without going over board on Genis, War Machine and Emma are as good as dead...seriously, nothing war machine has comes close to hurting Genis, and Emma is nothing but a target.

Morg cant take the whole team by himself...or can he?

Old Post Dec 21st, 2006 10:46 PM
King KAM is currently offline Click here to Send King KAM a Private Message Find more posts by King KAM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

Originally posted by King KAM
If this is a serious Genis who isnt being a pussy, or poorly written. With his God-like powers??? He lays waste to everyone on the other squad, morg is too slow to keep up with him.

But without going over board on Genis, War Machine and Emma are as good as dead...seriously, nothing war machine has comes close to hurting Genis, and Emma is nothing but a target.

This is Genis from back in the days where he was called Legacy..... he isn't that tough.

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Dec 21st, 2006 10:50 PM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King KAM

Originally posted by Scoobless
This is Genis from back in the days where he was called Legacy..... he isn't that tough.
he should still be able to take out War Machine and Emma though correct? do to speed and cosmic blasts alone...right?

Old Post Dec 21st, 2006 10:51 PM
King KAM is currently offline Click here to Send King KAM a Private Message Find more posts by King KAM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Typhus
Mandalorian Merc

Originally posted by King Kandy
If Morg goes on the offensive while your other members are in the bunker, then he'll trigger the traps, and Erica will be allerted, at which point pretty much everyone on my team will come and F*** Morg up.

The only members of your team who have a chance to do anything to Morg are your e-meta characters, and they'll be in the bunker until the firestorm dies down. War Machine can fly extremely fast, so he will show up quickly and then take over fighting genis and jack. Morg can hold out til he arrives. And once Emma joins the frey - it's OVER. Your stretegy relied too heavily on a single trap, because like you said, my team is more powerful. That trap has failed - check.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2006 10:56 PM
Typhus is currently offline Click here to Send Typhus a Private Message Find more posts by Typhus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Typhus
Mandalorian Merc

Don't you think that would make him stronger then e-meta?...

Old Post Dec 21st, 2006 10:57 PM
King Kandy

Holy crap, you actualy think that War Machine can take both my E-Metas? If so, you're sadly mistaken.

And also, what makes you think the Erica is outside of the bunker, but not my E-metas. She's not going out without backup.

Legacy can toast War Machine.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2006 11:00 PM
King KAM

Originally posted by Typhus
Don't you think that would make him stronger then e-meta?...
yeah he is stronger than e-meta

Old Post Dec 21st, 2006 11:00 PM
King Kandy

yeah he is stronger than e-meta

Not as Legacy, no. He's just above Jack of Hearts. Just above.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2006 11:01 PM
Typhus
Mandalorian Merc

he should still be able to take out War Machine and Emma though correct? do to speed and cosmic blasts alone...right?

No, he's e-meta - period. If for some reason Kandy tried to sneak him in when he's really herald+, then his power gets capped so that he doesn't surpass the level's power. And this level's model was none other than "Enhanced meta = war machine". That would make them equals in power, but WM has much more arsenal. Genis is going down.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2006 11:02 PM