KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Battlezone » EVANGEL94's 2nd SLUGFEST TOURNAMENT: Scoobless VS StarsNeverFall7 (Vote Now!)

EVANGEL94's 2nd SLUGFEST TOURNAMENT: Scoobless VS StarsNeverFall7 (Vote Now!)
Started by: Evangel94

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Evangel94
Premium Member

EVANGEL94's 2nd SLUGFEST TOURNAMENT: Scoobless VS StarsNeverFall7 (Vote Now!)

Scoobless
quote:

VS

StarsNeverFall7
quote:

In the this match, it will take place in the Mohave Desert, but this time the desert will be covered in a very thick fog making it extremely difficult to see. A very thick, and very soupy fog that blankets the entire Mohave Desert during this match.

Both competitors will submit their write-ups by themselves.

The Winner will advance further in the main tournament. The defeated participant will be placed in the WildCard MiniTournament to decide who gets the final odd spot in the tournament.

Good luck to both competitors.

Now let the match begin!

Forever Young...

Last edited by Evangel94 on Dec 22nd, 2006 at 07:36 PM

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2006 07:23 PM
Evangel94 is currently offline Click here to Send Evangel94 a Private Message Find more posts by Evangel94 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

The desert .... rolling on floor laughing

Quasar
Mimic & Psylocke
Wolverine & Noh-Varr
Hawkeye & Ult Hawkeye

Prep: as before, the team will receive the list of their opponents then join in a psi-link to share any information they have about them (which includes limited knowledge of Batman from Avengers/JLA)

Quasar then clears the fog around them useing an expanding force field.

Mimic decides this would be a good time to ditch his Wolverine powers for Psylocke powers ... which is done immediately and, as Mimic used to have Jean Grey's powers for years, he will be able to use them quite expertly (and a quick psychic download from Psylocke will fill him in on the psychic knifes and stuff)

Hawkeye expresses concern that Thor might use his weather powers to kick up a sandstorm that could hurt the unprotected guys on the team, so Quasar issues everyone a durable Quantum outfit that allows air through but will completely protect them from sandstorms.

Having done that, the team actually think that inciting a sandstorm would now work to their benefit. The psi-link allows Quasar access to Noh-Varr's advanced scientific Kree knowledge in order to mass produce large numbers of huge jet-fans which will be created all over the landscape (pointing toward the enemy's side of the battlefield ... obviously)

Further communication will point out the known weaknesses in the other team.
Ice-Man requires moisture to be effective, in the desert this will severely hamper him.
Cable's body is half cybernetic and is vulnerable to strong magnetic fields.... as Deadpool's and Batman's tech will be.
Spider-Man's speed/maneuverability will be significantly reduced without buildings and having only sand to walk on.

The easiest way to weaken their team will be to trigger a massive electromagnetic pulse at the start of the match... much larger than any previously seen on Earth (including any Magneto related feats) .... Quasar can easily perform this by channeling the energy of the sun through himself, while having shielded the rest of his team.

http://img128.imageshack.us/my.php?image=star.jpg
http://img25.imageshack.us/my.php?image=star10.jpg

At the same time he can also use this energy to further reduce the moisture level on the battlefield (leaving Ice-Man useless) .... I feel I have to pint out that he isn't becoming as hot as the sun, just using it's power to create an huge EMP and a heat wave of around 50-60 degrees celsius.

Due to the telepathic link, this exchange takes only minutes, the creation/placement of these fans will take another half an hour (tops) then it's back to the others to talk about defense.

The standard Quantum shielding is unanimously agreed upon. Then Quasar starts to armour himself up in anticipation of fighting Thor, the same as he did against Surfer int he first round ... when he's done the others ask if they can have something similar.
"Ok" Quasar says
"but nothing as tough as herald repelling armour ... we wouldn't want to piss off Evangel"

Thus he creates armour specific to each grouping of the tourney.
Meaning Mimic and Psylocke will have lightweight Colossus durability armour.
Wolverine and Noh-Varr will have armour that matches the durability of Venom or Luke Cage.
The Hawks will have body armour that is as durable as Bobba Fett's or Black Panther's

"Sweet" they all reply in unison.

Mimic's armour is outfitted with razor sharp Colossus strength protrusions form the knuckles and along the arms and back in order to make up for his loss of the claws.

Wolverine and Noh-Varr's armour have similar spikes over the arms and back which are as strong as steel.

Fight Starts: The plan is simple (no.... really) Everyone but Quasar will wait under a quantum dome before the match starts, the instant the fight begins, Quasar lets loose a massive EMP that will short out every piece of technology on the planet (except for those within his protective dome) when this is done he starts up the jet-fans and rejoins the others.

They know that this tactic will not stop Thor but every single other member of the opposing team will be f**ked over in some way.

Cable is half paralyzed, Ice-Man has nothing to make ice from, Spidey, Deadpool, Batman & Batgirl will have their flesh ripped off by the sandstorms (that will be travelling at hundreds of miles per hour) ... and the Bat's gadgets will be useless.

Mimic and Psylocke will be going from one enemy to the next (telepathically) assaulting them with psi-blasts and checking on their vitals.

Quasar will be aware of the locations of everyone by tracking their energy signatures so a surprise attack will be impossible.

Once the sandstorm has taken down the street - meta guys we stop the fans & attack.

Quasar will be the one to fight Thor, while Psylocke continuously assaults Ice-Man from behind the dome. The Hawks will make sure the lower level guys stay down by using explosive arrows on their slumped bodies, then they'll aid Psylocke in taking down Ice-Man.

Mimic will rush the weakened Cable constantly hitting him with optic blasts and beating the crap out of him ... all while ditching Psylocke's power for his, which is added to the arsenal against him .... a paralyzed Cable can't handle this level of attack and will soon fall.

Quasar has fought Thor before and on numerous occasions, blocked mjolnir with shields ... Thor is known for chucking his hammer at his enemy.... the first time he does this he'll lose it.

http://img53.imageshack.us/my.php?image=masters2.jpg
http://img57.imageshack.us/my.php?image=masters3.jpg

(Yes, i know that is Masterson, but the strength/powers was Thor's)

So if Mjolnir is thrown Thor loses it long enough for Quasar to attack ... which means he wont get the opportunity to get it back as he was in that scan.

Quasar will approach Thor and release an intense burst of pure light, temporarily blinding Thor and giving him the opening to slam home a few energy blasts and strikes which are more than capable of hurting Thor.

No-one will ever claim Thor will go down easily ... but here he has been outmaneuvered, blinded and his team has been wrecked.

Blind Thor would have a lot of trouble fighting just Quasar... but once the others are down, he'll be facing my whole team, Psylocke will be annoying him with TP blasts, the Hawks will be hitting him with explosives, Noh-varr will be shooting at him from the ground and Mimic will fly miles away, out of his sight, then come from behind at mach 100 and slam into him from behind.

Thor goes down. Fight over.

Do you even KMC???

Last edited by Scoobless on Dec 22nd, 2006 at 07:31 PM

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2006 07:28 PM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Good luck to both. And nice write-up there Scoob.

thumb up

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2006 08:20 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TricksterPriest
Renegade Timelord

Very nice strat. But can Quasar and his team do all that with only 2 hours prep?

Btw, thanks for proving a point. I had some arguements about using a TK field to keep Thor from physically contacting the hammer. People told me it wouldn't work. But if Quasar can do it and Thor had to work to smash his barrier, then the hammer doesn't absorb energy fields.

Last edited by TricksterPriest on Dec 22nd, 2006 at 09:37 PM

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2006 09:34 PM
TricksterPriest is currently offline Click here to Send TricksterPriest a Private Message Find more posts by TricksterPriest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soljer
Beware my Power

Stars hasn't posted yet, but Scoob's team seems a bit superior to me. I'll obviously have to wait to make an objective decision, however....

As digi said, good write-up, Scoob!

[IMG][/IMG]

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2006 09:47 PM
Soljer is currently offline Click here to Send Soljer a Private Message Find more posts by Soljer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

quote: (post)
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Very nice strat. But can Quasar and his team do all that with only 2 hours prep?

Well, a lot of the prep is just telepathic discussion.

Unlike a Green Lantern, Quasar's constructs don't require will-power to exist.... once he has the plans in his head for the constructs he can just create them in an instant.

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2006 09:52 PM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StarsNeverFall7

Prep: After a quick scout of the surrounding area, it’s overly apparent that there is going to be much cover to hide from, let alone battle amongst so it’s coming down to most likely a slug fest. Batman, Cable, Deadpool, and Batgirl take this time to strategically place mines allotted in different locations to act as simply distractions/cause some injury to lower level characters. The noticeable dense fog gives excellent cover for the stealth of Batman and Batgirl to be at its finest and sneak up on surrounding opposite team members. This is also a notable time for Cable to press the matter of Deadpool and Spider-Man’s over abundance of “trash talk”

Battle: The battle continues to begin and without much of an area to hide behind, Cable sets up a force field and telepathically scans the area looking for opposing team members. He then proceeds to induce hallucinations of both Deadpool and Spider-Man consistently running their mouths directly to the opponents, which DP has by himself been credited for being able to talk people to death. Here the lower tier concentration is lost, and the lower level guys are taken out by a Batman who is conveniently sneaking around. Spider-Man draws the attention of Marvel boy away for the time being, while Deadpool and his arsenal make quick work of Wolverine, which afterward DP uses his holographic inducer to mimic the appearance of Wolverine and work his way into the opposing team’s territory. This will then give Cable the chance to tackle head on with Psylocke, while Batman and Batgirl offer a distraction to mimic while his “friend” Wolverine who is really in disguise comes to “help”. The disguise serves its purpose and the three take on Mimic and should eventually come out on top. Once they are freed then can all pay their attention to other opposing team members. Cable shouldn’t have much trouble going back and forth with Psylocke. Her TP isn’t going to be effective and he can easily cancel out her TK. With his vast amount of fighting experience from the future, he should eventually come out on top. Quasar and Thor, what a match this could be. We could go back and forth on energy attacks and absorption all day and it isn’t going to get us anywhere except in a back and forth uphill battle. Past much of that, its coming down to an actual slug fest, which well, I personally don’t see quasar coming out on top of, especially when the rest of the team is there to assist Thor.

That’s the best I’ve got with my schedule, I apologize for any waiting I’ve caused anyone. I most likely have no shot winning this, haha, but Good luck Scoobless.

Last edited by StarsNeverFall7 on Dec 23rd, 2006 at 01:02 AM

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2006 12:51 AM
StarsNeverFall7 is currently offline Click here to Send StarsNeverFall7 a Private Message Find more posts by StarsNeverFall7 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StarsNeverFall7

Even though we are in a desert, with it being covered in dense fog, which is full of moisture and a god who can with ease control the weather, Iceman has more than enough options..

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2006 12:57 AM
StarsNeverFall7 is currently offline Click here to Send StarsNeverFall7 a Private Message Find more posts by StarsNeverFall7 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jasofisc

psylock doesn't have tp anymore does she? any way I can't wait untill starsneverfall7 states his case right now I would give it to scoob's but not right now I will wait to see was stars has to say.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2006 12:57 AM
jasofisc is currently offline Click here to Send jasofisc a Private Message Find more posts by jasofisc Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TricksterPriest
Renegade Timelord

Wow. That is a much better strat than he came up with when we fought. Using Deadpool&Spiderman's motor-mouths to annoy your opponents and distract them. thumb up That's good. Very good. Still staying on the fences for now.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2006 01:06 AM
TricksterPriest is currently offline Click here to Send TricksterPriest a Private Message Find more posts by TricksterPriest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soljer
Beware my Power

Vote - Scoobless

Based upon each opening strategy, I would consider Scoobless to be ahead by leaps and bounds. It's possible that my vote could be swayed, but for now, Scoob's got it in the bag.

[IMG][/IMG]

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2006 01:18 AM
Soljer is currently offline Click here to Send Soljer a Private Message Find more posts by Soljer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StarsNeverFall7

^ Thanks Trickster. Got a long ways to go though before I have a shot at winning this one though, Scoobs has got a damn good team.

On a side note is a EMP technically allowed?

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2006 01:19 AM
Evangel94
Premium Member

Originally posted by Scoobless

Quasar then clears the fog around them useing an expanding force field.

You can't affect the weather on your opponents side of the field. Remember there's an impenetrable barrier that seperates the teams from interacting from one another during.

The weather systems on each side of the are completely indepedent from one another during prep.

The Mohave Desert is over 22,000 square miles long. Which is roughly 150 miles long and 150 miles wide. Divided in half, your team has to deal with dimensions of 150 miles long and 75 miles wide, which is roughly 11,250 square miles.

Can Quasar project a force field that covers over 11,000 square miles? I seriously doubt it.

Moreover just to push some fog out of the way? Quasar has better things to worry about than clearing fog. Also the weather of the battlefield is designed to keep making fog. You can probably clear some fog, but more will come into the field to replace it eventually. You can't keep clearing fog again and again

I'm not trying to debate you, but the reason I say this is that almost every single contestant has completely underestimated the size of the battlefield they are fighting in. 22,500 miles is not a small area.

quote:

Due to the telepathic link, this exchange takes only minutes, the creation/placement of these fans will take another half an hour (tops) then it's back to the others to talk about defense.

Although I'm not stopping you from trying, it's clear it's not going to work. You're supposed to find ways to use the battlefield to your advantage. Not try to alter it the way you want it to. The battlefields too big for anyone to do that. You want to create a series fans that stretch over 150 miles? That's completely unlikely with 2 hours prep.

This battlefield is the size of the state of West Virginia. And is too big for anyone to simply alter in that manner. Nobody is giving enough thought to actual size of the battlefield. Competitors are completely opposite sides. No one has even addressed how they will find one another. All current votes are reset back to zero. That said, I'm requesting everyone to vote again with the battlefields size in mind.

Forever Young...

Last edited by Evangel94 on Dec 23rd, 2006 at 01:47 AM

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2006 01:34 AM
Evangel94 is currently offline Click here to Send Evangel94 a Private Message Find more posts by Evangel94 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

Originally posted by jasofisc
psylock doesn't have tp anymore does she?

It's classic Psylocke with the telepathy and psychic knife ... not TK

Originally posted by Evangel94
You can't affect the weather on your opponents side of the field. Remember there's an impenetrable barrier that seperates the teams from interacting from one another during.

I said he clears the fog from around them - in context it means from around his team .... 20 square meters at the most.... and it's only for the purpose of having a comfortable conversation.

You're supposed to find ways to use the battlefield to your advantage. Not try to alter it the way you want it to.

That's what I'm doing ... I'm using the sand to create a sandstorm.

The battlefields too big for anyone to do that. You want to create a series fans that stretch over 150 miles? That's completely unlikely with 2 hours prep.

Size is irrelevant when you have an entire universe of energy at your disposal and you can create these fans with a thought.

He could create thousands of these things around the planet within 2 hours ... I'm only using enough to cause hurricane+ type winds over a relatively small area (small for a herald/protector of the universe that is)

Can Quasar project a force field that covers over 11,000 square miles? I seriously doubt it.

Not that I've tried to... but yeah ... he could.... his power works by thought, if he can imagine it, he can create it.

Quasar has better things to worry about than clearing fog.

Don't try and tell me what my team will or wont do during MY prep time.

the weather of the battlefield is designed to keep making fog. You can probably clear some fog, but more will come into the field to replace it eventually...

Magic fog ... shame we weren't told about this earlier.

No one has even addressed how they will find one another.

Telepathy and energy signatures ..... I did mention this in my write up.... Quasar can detect lifesigns from lightyears away, Mimic and Psylocke can find them telepathically

Although I'm not stopping you from trying, it's clear it's not going to work.

Only to you... and you're wrong.

I'm not trying to debate you.....

You're doing a good job of faking it then.

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2006 02:09 AM
Evangel94
Premium Member

Don't try and tell me what my team will or wont do during MY prep time.

It's not "your" prep time. It's your team's prep-time. A write-up is a likely winning scenario for your team that you write while taking all your character's comic history into account. No person on the team can act out-of-character regardless of what you write.

And when I stated it would be an entire Desert covered in fog, the fog has to come from somewhere. For this scenario, fog covers the Mohave desert, and isn't easily manipulated because the weather is set to keep making fog. It's not magic. It's just the way this battlefield was abnormally set-up.

Forever Young...

Last edited by Evangel94 on Dec 23rd, 2006 at 03:08 AM

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2006 02:54 AM
StarsNeverFall7

We'll so far we have a sandstorm, which Cable should have no problem detecting with TP and having Thor using his weather control to put a quick stop to and an EMP which I wouldnt think would be allowed because it would be along the same principle of me using Cable to disassemble War Machine or Iron Mans armor down to the last bolt.

I'll wait for a say from Ev, on the EMP part.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2006 04:17 AM
Evangel94
Premium Member

Originally posted by StarsNeverFall7
We'll so far we have a sandstorm, which Cable should have no problem detecting with TP and having Thor using his weather control to put a quick stop to and an EMP which I wouldnt think would be allowed because it would be along the same principle of me using Cable to disassemble War Machine or Iron Mans armor down to the last bolt.

I'll wait for a say from Ev, on the EMP part.

Wait, which part exactly are you objecting to?

Forever Young...

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2006 04:30 AM
Scoobless
sselboocS

Originally posted by StarsNeverFall7
an EMP which I wouldnt think would be allowed because it would be along the same principle of me using Cable to disassemble War Machine or Iron Mans armor down to the last bolt.

Not really, Cable's powers don't come from his tech.

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2006 04:37 AM
StarsNeverFall7

We have two versions of Hawkeye which they may be good, but in a fog that you can't hardly see, and a stealth god, Batman should be able to take them both out before they have time to load an arrow. Espically when they are being persuaded by DP and his talks of Chimichangas and the Olsen Twins.

We have Wolverine, which by guessing by previous meetings will try to go straight for DP. This fight could go either way depending on who you ask, but with his added arsenal, and Spidey running his mouth in Logans ear, he goes down like Kitty Pride with a Shroyuken.

Marvelboy could pose a slight issue, but Spideys job here is to do nothing more than use his spidey sense to its fullest and keep him occupied until help arrives, then MB goes down.

No where in the provided link was it stated Mimic flies. After the rest of the team is dropped Cable stops the hallucinations of DP and SM "trash talking". He focus' his attention to Mimic and grants Bobby a TP and TK shield along with himself. Neither Mimic or Psylocke is putting out a kiloton worth of damage in one strike, the shields WILL hold. From this point Cable stands in front of Mimic and Psylocke. Fight begins, Iceman comes sliding in. Psylockes lack of speed in the matter leave her hanging while Cable uses one TP attack on mimic to throw him off, and Iceman puts him into a Subzero brick. Same pretty much applies for Psylocke here, a stronger and better fighter along with being able to easily match her TP and TK with a full assualt from Iceman, shes out quick.

Quasar and Thor, I'm not sending the God in with the intention of that hammer EVER leaving his hands. We could go back and forth on energy attacks and absorbtion all day. It will get us no where and when it comes to a slug fest, Quasar doesn't have what it takes to compete with the son of odin. Like he said he was too powerful with his mallet and needed to get it from his hands. It isn't happening this time, and Quasar will be made of with quick work.

Last edited by StarsNeverFall7 on Dec 23rd, 2006 at 04:41 AM

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2006 04:38 AM
StarsNeverFall7

Not really, Cable's powers don't come from his tech.

Then what is the EMP going to really do? Using the EMP should void out the TO virus, which we just give him full use of the TK.

Last edited by StarsNeverFall7 on Dec 23rd, 2006 at 04:43 AM

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2006 04:40 AM