KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Battlezone » Evangel94's WildCard MiniTournament:(Laminator_X)vs(Loot)vs (TricksterPriest) {Vote}

Evangel94's WildCard MiniTournament:(Laminator_X)vs(Loot)vs (TricksterPriest) {Vote}
Started by: Evangel94

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Evangel94
Premium Member

Evangel94's WildCard MiniTournament:(Laminator_X)vs(Loot)vs (TricksterPriest) {Vote}

Fight takes place in Antarctica. 15 x 15 square miles. Ceiling limit is the upper atmosphere of the planet, no space.

Laminator_X
quote:

vs

Loot
quote:

vs

TricksterPriest
quote:

Herald level: Apocalypse http://www.marvel.com/universe/Apoc...En_Sabah_Nur%29

Enhanced Meta level: Violator & Omega Red (W/e Carbonadium synthesizer) http://www.internationalhero.co.uk/v/violator.htm
http://www.marveldirectory.com/indi.../o/omegared.htm

Meta: Death Gambit (Horseman version) & Venom (Eddie Brock).
http://www.marvel.com/universe/Venom
http://www.marvel.com/universe/Gambit

Street level picks: Nyssa Al Ghul & Prometheus (DC comics character, not Marvel one).

http://www.search.com/reference/Nyssa_Raatko
http://www.answers.com/topic/prometheus-comics

Participants will post their own write-ups.

This is the final match of the WildCard MiniTournament. Good luck to all. Now let the match begin.

Forever Young...

Old Post Jan 5th, 2007 07:11 PM
Evangel94 is currently offline Click here to Send Evangel94 a Private Message Find more posts by Evangel94 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Evangel94
Premium Member

This match will last until Saturday 2 PM US CENRTAL TIME unless otherwise specified.

Forever Young...

Old Post Jan 5th, 2007 07:32 PM
Evangel94 is currently offline Click here to Send Evangel94 a Private Message Find more posts by Evangel94 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

I think this match could use more than one day.

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Jan 5th, 2007 07:36 PM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Evangel94
Premium Member

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Scoobless
I think this match could use more than one day.

I'm going to check on how far thread has gotten by the designated time, if the competitors request more time and I feel it is necessary, I will extend the match.

I've let other matches wildcard matches go on longer, but the some of competitors didn't show up or showed up at the very end of the match when most of the votes were already casted. I don't want a repeat.

Forever Young...

Old Post Jan 5th, 2007 07:43 PM
TricksterPriest
Renegade Timelord

Prep time: I have no illusions about beating these two at the same time. I know I'm the underdog in this fight. But I'm going to make a go of it and hope I can pull a rabbit out of my hat. First off, the team starts by gathering up snow. Then Death Gambit begins converting it into gas bombs, acid bombs, etc. Then Apocalypse creates more of the horse-sized burrowing worms from the last match, and has them begin undermining the glacier and digging a fallout shelter. The worms will dig around the fault lines of the glacier, which should weaken the ground for later.

The fight: Apocalypse engages a TP cloak, launches a large scale EMP wave, and Violator teleports several gas bombs, acid bombs, etc, into the area around Laminator's team. Naturally, I expect this to fail. However, at this point, Apoc will launch a TP attack on Mordo forcing him to divert his attention. Violator and Omega Red teleport into the middle of his team. Red immediately goes for Ecstasy, while Violator attacks Super skrull, while firing off an attack or two at Temugin and Fixer, who are temporarily neutralized by the EMP. (EMP also effects the rings btw.) If they start taking heavy damage, we teleport out. Their job is only to weaken them and keep them off-balance. Above all else, Baron Mordo must be killed first in that attack. I'm gambling Mordo is trying to set something up for Surfer as his first priority. Turtling might work, but not against a mage like Mordo or the power cosmic of Surfer. So I'm blitzing Laminator. Now, onto Loot. My only chance at beating Surfer is to mindrape him. I'm hoping Apocalypse&Violator's combined TP will be enough to render him unconscious. While this is going on, Venom& Death Gambit can rush his team mates, together with Omega Red, while Violator handles Spawn. My streets can beat his streets no problem, thanks to Prometheus's 30 martial artist's fighting skills. Worse comes to worse, the worms can run interference after they finish digging. I expect the worms to die quickly, maybe taking a street leveler or a meta if I get lucky. Their job is interference. If we can knock Surfer out with TP, and the early strike against Mordo succeeds, I have a chance. Alternatively, if Apoc sense Surfer speed-blitzing us, we'll go with the 2nd part of the plan first, and use the delaying tactics on Mordo until we're ready to go with his part of the plan. As a last resort, Apocalypse can cause an earthquake and smash the glacier apart by turning his arms into pistons and smashing along the fault lines. The chaos caused by that might buy us enough time to pull out a win. I'll levitate my crew out with Apoc's TP, and pick off the survivors.

Here's hoping I win.

Old Post Jan 5th, 2007 07:55 PM
TricksterPriest is currently offline Click here to Send TricksterPriest a Private Message Find more posts by TricksterPriest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Laminator_X
Once & Future KMC Hawkeye

I'm busy at work today, and won't have time for this until this evening.

I promise not to read my distinguished competitors write-ups until I have posted my own. (I used the "End" key to get down to the reply box.)

...You are Number Six. Respect Popeye

Old Post Jan 5th, 2007 08:18 PM
Laminator_X is currently offline Click here to Send Laminator_X a Private Message Find more posts by Laminator_X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Loot

Antarctica humm, cool too bad iceman is not on my team, fortunately he´s not fighting in here.

I would use my prep time to destroy some areas on the ground, and create invisible force fields in the ground, then i would covered them with snow, when the fight would start and my opponents were in thos areas, sue would make the invisible fields disappear and they would fall into the cold water.

My team would start the fight protected by sue´s force fields, and this time no one is going to take them with TP, the only guy who has TP is Apoc and my team knows it (nightcralwe form aoa knows well apoc), so surfer would speedblitz him, in honestly i´m not seeing apoc a big thread he doens´t seem in surfer´s league. I don´t know much about mordo, but can he make a good fight against surfer? because in speed its obvious he cannot catch surfer, and in power i think the power cosmic will crush him, but i will wai on more info, right now i´m not seeing much trouble in fighting the heralds level.

The rest of the team, there is nothing temugin can do that spawn and violator can´t, and violator has lost in the past to spawn, spawn is superior, especially when he is protected by an invisible force field, he will not be detected and has the power to defeat them.
Omega red doens´t seem to have the power to cause much damage on sue´s force fields, she will use them as weapons to destroy him, super skrull is the most dangerous here, but his force fields have the power of sue´s original force fields, and in those days they were vulnerable to sonic attacks (don´t have scas to prove this but i think scoobs knows it we talked about this in our fight some confirmation?) since i have banshee i could use sound attacks to pass skrulls force field. If not the i have to use more power, and since sue´s force fields are tougher then skrull, i´m seeing him loosing to her and spawn.

Imagine what a invisible protected by force field, teleporting aoa nightcrawler would do to their team, before they could even Begin o fight he would teleport and cut their neck with his knives (two invisible teleporters, like nightcrawler and spawn attacking when not expected at all time, it would be a blood bath).

Venom is easy, he his vulnerable to sonic screams, banshee can take him out, the street meta aren´t a big problem because nightcralwe would be extremely fast taking them out. but both ras and nyssa aren´t on shang shy level, the others are tougher but taskmaster as seen scoobs team members fight, and stars and tony.

My main strategy basically is, deceiving my opponents with invisible force fields int he ground.
And in fighting strategy, i will have surfer speddblitz the heralds characters.
I will have a invisible protected by force fields team, and i will have banshee (since he is protected by a force field it will be difficult to take him out) using his sonic scream to cause Vocal Disorientation (ability to change someone’s balance, by affecting their equilibrium using his sonic scream) and Vocal Unconsciousness (ability to affect the fluid in someone’s ear causing the person to go unconscious),and if he has troubles with invisible woman shield he can create a Sonic Shield for protection.

and unless someone tell me that apoc and mordo can be more dangerous then i think, after surfer finishes them, he will come and help my team.

Old Post Jan 5th, 2007 08:54 PM
Loot is currently offline Click here to Send Loot a Private Message Find more posts by Loot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TricksterPriest
Renegade Timelord

One word on Surfer. Mind-rape. Violator also has TP, and Surfer can't take a double TP assault on his mind. Hell, Dracula ****ed him up with TP, and Apoc owned Drac. Sue's fields have also been broken, and as proved in the Onslaught saga, do not protect against TP. This is first age Spawn btw, so he and Violator are roughly equal. In fact, Spawn never beat Violator outright until after Issue 50. After which point he had the Greenworld boost. Sonics bust the fields? Thanks. thumb up Apocalypse would definitely know that after the Onslaught saga, when Sue was unable to hold him with her fields. So what's stopping me from unleashing a sonic blast on her fields? You haven't answered how you can stop the death factor if I TP-attack Sue. Or how her fields can hold out against Violator, Venom, Death Gambit's toxins, and Apoc.

Old Post Jan 5th, 2007 09:20 PM
TricksterPriest is currently offline Click here to Send TricksterPriest a Private Message Find more posts by TricksterPriest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Loot

Originally posted by TricksterPriest
One word on Surfer. Mind-rape. Violator also has TP, and Surfer can't take a double TP assault on his mind. Hell, Dracula ****ed him up with TP, and Apoc owned Drac. Sue's fields have also been broken, and as proved in the Onslaught saga, do not protect against TP. This is first age Spawn btw, so he and Violator are roughly equal. In fact, Spawn never beat Violator outright until after Issue 50. After which point he had the Greenworld boost. Sonics bust the fields? Thanks. thumb up Apocalypse would definitely know that after the Onslaught saga, when Sue was unable to hold him with her fields. So what's stopping me from unleashing a sonic blast on her fields? You haven't answered how you can stop the death factor if I TP-attack Sue. Or how her fields can hold out against Violator, Venom, Death Gambit's toxins, and Apoc.

about dracula come on your kidding, firelord beat spiderman.

Surfer has fought god like cable, why would he have a problem with apoc´s telepathy? he would not.

I think sonics scream affected sue´s force fields int he begining not now (in the begining of the comics she could only be invisible or have a force field not the two at the same time, she has evolved a lot since those days, and since skrull has invisible womans powers at a early stage i remebered this).
Apoc won´t do nothing to sue because he will have to deal with sufer, he´s not on surfer level´s of power and most important speed, he´s not capable of defeating him, surfer beat cable he will beat apoc quite fast.

Why would spawn murder violator? because not only his best then him, but he has a sue force field protecting him, he has an advantage, and if violator can use telepathy, so can spawn. althopu i tried to use his TP to protect sue in my scoob fight and it didn´t work

Old Post Jan 5th, 2007 10:08 PM
Loot is currently offline Click here to Send Loot a Private Message Find more posts by Loot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TricksterPriest
Renegade Timelord

(please log in to view the image)

No, he has indeed smacked Surfer around.

Oh look, here he goes again. (please log in to view the image)

Here's Apoc punking Exodus. (please log in to view the image)

Apocalypse taking down X-factor, Xmen, Inhuman royals, and I believe X-men Blue team.(please log in to view the image)

Apoc whupping Ikaris. (please log in to view the image)

Apocalypse whupping Xavier's TP. (please log in to view the image)

I looked it up. A sufficiently powerful force can break her fields, as for sonics, grey area. I'm going to assume yes based on the fact that they never retconned it or directly contradicted that one after it was shown.

Spawn didn't use TP until after the Greenworld, this is first age Spawn, he doesn't have that power yet.

Old Post Jan 5th, 2007 11:06 PM
StarsNeverFall7

Not to burst any bubbles, but Spawn and Violators limits should be almost the same. Hell with the caps I got on Iceman...they should be.

Good job so far Trickster, im hoping to see a good fight out of this one..

Old Post Jan 5th, 2007 11:44 PM
StarsNeverFall7 is currently offline Click here to Send StarsNeverFall7 a Private Message Find more posts by StarsNeverFall7 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Loot

thats your scan? dracula giving a slap in surfer, thats nothing, and whats your point with that i´m not fighting him.

And i don´t see the point in apoc scans either, is he fighting gos like cable? NO. Surfer fought and beat god-like cable, he would murder apoc.

of course A sufficiently powerful force can break sue´s force fields, but they have withsand galactus. you think i´m staying still while you try to break my force fields? of course my team will be fighting yours, and it has the advantage of protection, not to mention being invisible.

spawn used telepathy in batman, and he can mimic powers, if violator can do it so can he.
but really you have violator, i have spawn, he´s better, you have omega red and i have inv woman who is much better not to mention, banshee screaaming in your team´s hears, nighcraler teleporting around, and most important my team is protected by forcer fields, yours not, spawn woul teleport right away to beat violator, without a force field he would win, with a force field he wins faster, i would like to see violator trying to do soemthing while being smacked by spawn

Old Post Jan 5th, 2007 11:44 PM
TricksterPriest
Renegade Timelord

Show me Spawn beating Violator pre-issue 50. If it's after that, it's not the Spawn you're using. Sue's fields do badly against magic as I recall. And your citing the batman crossover is illegal as crossovers do not count as canon. God-like Cable wasn't completely focused on the battle and was trying to repair buildings and damages caused by Surfer. He also broke Surfer's board, an impressive feat in of itself. I agree Surfer is more powerful than Godlike Cable. However, Surfer has been TP attacked by others and beaten, so Apoc&Violator beating him by TP is not out of consequence. Not to mention Surfer's powers are also less effective on magic. I'll pm Leonidas, as he has scans of Drac mind****ing Surfer.

Edit: Stars, they were roughly equal, but Spawn did not have the power of telepathy prior to Issue 50 and the Greenworld. I know for a fact that Violator has defeated several Hellspawn previously. Prior to issue 50, they never had an all out fight between Al & Violator. And Violator was holding back during that period by order of Malebolgia.

Last edited by TricksterPriest on Jan 5th, 2007 at 11:57 PM

Old Post Jan 5th, 2007 11:55 PM
Scoobless
sselboocS

Ok, I've never read Spawn.... why do you keep mentioning #50?

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Jan 6th, 2007 12:07 AM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TricksterPriest
Renegade Timelord

Sorry. Issue 50 was when Spawn went to the Greenworld and gained his planet-awareness and telepathic link to everything on earth. He never displayed telepathy before that. He also gained the power to control the earth, such as when he commanded it to swallow the dark god Urizen. It was a major milestone in the character's power as he did stuff after that, that he had never done before. The greenworld obviously boosted his power quite abit. He did things like, beat Violator, easily handle the redeemer 2, imprison Urizen, and finally defeating Malebolgia, at which point the story goes into 2nd Age Spawn.

Old Post Jan 6th, 2007 12:12 AM
Loot

Show me Spawn beating Violator pre-issue 50. If it's after that, it's not the Spawn you're using. Sue's fields do badly against magic as I recall. And your citing the batman crossover is illegal as crossovers do not count as canon. God-like Cable wasn't completely focused on the battle and was trying to repair buildings and damages caused by Surfer. He also broke Surfer's board, an impressive feat in of itself. I agree Surfer is more powerful than Godlike Cable. However, Surfer has been TP attacked by others and beaten, so Apoc&Violator beating him by TP is not out of consequence. Not to mention Surfer's powers are also less effective on magic. I'll pm Leonidas, as he has scans of Drac mind****ing Surfer.

show me violator beating spawn. Spawn will beat violator easily protected by a invisible force field. Quasar´s fields go bad against magic attacks. even so violator + magic attacks is less then spawn + magic attack + force field.
show me surfer being mind raped and defeated ina well writen story no firelord loosing to spiderman crap (altough i doubt there is someone with apoc TP levels beating surfer).
your saying apoc and violator beating him by TP, like i would let them use their TP like that, this is war everybody will be fighting, and althou surfer will not loos to their tp, he is more fast then apocs mind. and violator has to concentrate in his own fight.

Old Post Jan 6th, 2007 12:12 AM
Loot

Edit: Stars, they were roughly equal, but Spawn did not have the power of telepathy prior to Issue 50 and the Greenworld. I know for a fact that Violator has defeated several Hellspawn previously. Prior to issue 50, they never had an all out fight between Al & Violator. And Violator was holding back during that period by order of Malebolgia.

but you do know spawn was the best hellspawn

Old Post Jan 6th, 2007 12:13 AM
King Kandy

Man, I know Laminator hasn't done anything, but I can't help but think he''ll pull off a helluva comeback, so I'm not voting yet.

Old Post Jan 6th, 2007 12:16 AM
King Kandy is currently offline Click here to Send King Kandy a Private Message Find more posts by King Kandy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TricksterPriest
Renegade Timelord

How do you know where I am? This is a 15x15 mile antarctic battlefield. There are glaciers, snow and god knows what kind of weather conditions. How do you find me before I find you? Also, you haven't reckoned with Laminator. What makes you think I'm going to let your team gang up on me? I can lead them on a merry chase of telepathic images and constructs.

Violator wasn't going all out before Issue 50. Spawn went on to gain full control of his powers only after the greenworld and the evolution of his abilities to their highest level. It's why he was doing things like using the ambient evil to restore his power, using the great darkness dispersal, etc. Before that, Violator had a large experience and power advantage.

Old Post Jan 6th, 2007 12:19 AM
Loot

How do you know where I am? This is a 15x15 mile antarctic battlefield. There are glaciers, snow and god knows what kind of weather conditions. How do you find me before I find you? Also, you haven't reckoned with Laminator. What makes you think I'm going to let your team gang up on me? I can lead them on a merry chase of telepathic images and constructs.

Violator wasn't going all out before Issue 50. Spawn went on to gain full control of his powers only after the greenworld and the evolution of his abilities to their highest level. It's why he was doing things like using the ambient evil to restore his power, using the great darkness dispersal, etc. Before that, Violator had a large experience and power advantage.

both spawn and violator are designe pretty much equal in this tournament i can wait for evangel feedback on this. I would know where you are because i will find you, i´m invisible remember. and your forgeting violator has to attack me and concentrate from banshee sonic attacks, he will be flying and using his power to affect your team´s concentration and stability, not to mention if your hiding in some iceberg, you know what sound does in thos places, avalanches.

can you prove me violator is all that powerful in TP, because i never saw him mind raping spawn or something and like i+ve said their preety much on the same level for this tournament, plus spawn is smarter and has a force field

Old Post Jan 6th, 2007 12:27 AM