KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Battlezone » darthgoober's Amalgam Tournament Conformation Thread

darthgoober's Amalgam Tournament Conformation Thread
Started by: darthgoober

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (55): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
darthgoober

darthgoober's Amalgam Tournament Conformation Thread

Alright this is the conformation thread. The conformation period will only last a few days(hopefully), so everyone need to finalize their picks as soon as possible. Anyone with any objections to characters who've been drafted, this is your last chance to voice your opinion's so make sure your concerns are addressed. Now to address a few issues...

Invinsible- What's he done? From what I understand, it's seems very possible that he is over the cap, but a feat list of some kind would be helpful in making that decision(otherwise all I have to go by is the opinions of the judges).

Grail- Sorry but from the info I've received from the judges, Grail seems to be closer to a herald level character than Iron Man, so he'll have to be replaced.

Shimmer(and matter manipulation)- Due to a general consensus from the judges and participants, I've decided to ban Matter Manipulation altogether from this tourney. However character's capable of matter manipulation are still allowed, assuming that they're still < Extremis overall(they just can't use that particular technique). Also, direct matter manipulation will be allowed in cases like countering phasing by your opponents(by making them solid again), to keep phaser's "killability" under control.

Bastion- Sorry but after lengthy consideration and input from the judges I've decided to ban Bastion. Bastion is probably Iron Man level WITHOUT his immunity to the most common power source in Marvel, and with that level of immunity factored in, it seems that he'd exceed the cap by quite a bit IMO.

This is the draft list as it stands currently...

1.Hank Pym
2.Hawkman
3.Northstar
4.Spiral
5.Tony Stark
6.Warlock
7.Vision
8.Black Knight
9.Captain Nazi
10.Abomination
11.Karate Kid
12.Bloodaxe

Draft #2

1.Indigo
2.Fixer
3.The Spot
4.Sabertooth
5.Moonstone II
6.invisible woman
7.Invincible(under consideration)
8.Colossus
9.Grail(re-pick)
10.War Machine
11.Shimmer(re-pick)
12.Executioner

Draft #3:

1.Black Panther
2.Wonderman
3.Aquaman
4.Death's Head II
5.Sebastian Shaw
6.Sasquach
7.Cannonball
8.Bastion(re-pick)
9.Emma Frost
10.Grunge
11.?????(awaiting pick)
12.Booster Gold

Old Post Apr 28th, 2007 12:06 AM
darthgoober is currently offline Click here to Send darthgoober a Private Message Find more posts by darthgoober Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TricksterPriest
Renegade Timelord

and I now start arguing against the ban on Bastion. There are plenty of non-mutants and Bastion is immune to mutant powers, but that doesn't mean he can take a punch or that he can counter a laser beam, etc. IM would still destroy him. And since IM is the standard, there are a few people here who he cannot beat. Like Wonderman, Sasquatch, and Invincible. (who is being banned, but you get the point.) I argue Bastion is a inspired pick, and that kicking him out to maintain fairness is penalizing whoever picked him for coming up with a good idea and following through on it.

Old Post Apr 28th, 2007 12:10 AM
TricksterPriest is currently offline Click here to Send TricksterPriest a Private Message Find more posts by TricksterPriest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King Kandy

Why is captain Nazi allowed? Isn't he equal to Captain Marvel?

Old Post Apr 28th, 2007 12:11 AM
King Kandy is currently offline Click here to Send King Kandy a Private Message Find more posts by King Kandy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Martian_mind
telepathy+debates+=Pwned

Suck it up and repick Tricker stick out tongue

Old Post Apr 28th, 2007 12:12 AM
Martian_mind is currently offline Click here to Send Martian_mind a Private Message Find more posts by Martian_mind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TricksterPriest
Renegade Timelord

That's another thing, anyone who can fight Captain Marvel is probably over the caps.

Bastion can be beaten by mutants, they just have to be creative, or use brute force on him.

Half the people in this tournament aren't mutants (no x-gene is the definition I'm using), so why is Bastion being kicked for that?

Old Post Apr 28th, 2007 12:13 AM
TricksterPriest is currently offline Click here to Send TricksterPriest a Private Message Find more posts by TricksterPriest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Martian_mind
telepathy+debates+=Pwned

quote: (post)
Originally posted by King Kandy
Why is captain Nazi allowed? Isn't he equal to Captain Marvel?

No.He loses every encounter.hell he ws taken down by Batman and Red Hood recently....

Martian_mind is currently offline Click here to Send Martian_mind a Private Message Find more posts by Martian_mind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

Grunge was kicked out of the last IM level tourney because he has the same powers as the Absorbing Man.

wink

And Booster Gold can take attacks from Doomsday without injury.

Emma Frost seems a little > IM on her own ... what are the limits to telepathic attacks again?

Do you even KMC???

Last edited by Scoobless on Apr 28th, 2007 at 12:16 AM

Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King Kandy

Originally posted by Scoobless

Yeah... He took ONE attack, and it drained his sheilds.

Old Post Apr 28th, 2007 12:15 AM
King Kandy is currently offline Click here to Send King Kandy a Private Message Find more posts by King Kandy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TricksterPriest
Renegade Timelord

That reminds me, did we discuss Warlock? Isn't he over the killability limit?

Martian_mind
telepathy+debates+=Pwned

Originally posted by Scoobless

Didn't Doomsday BREAK his suit?

Digi
Forum Leader

Originally posted by DigiMark007
About stupid-magic hand man:

A lot of those things mentioned in his power set seem suspiciously like "powers", not "body" things. It would be logical to assume most of that other stuff would be getting neutered once the amalgam is put together.

This is Aquaman, btw. I have no problem with him as a body...just not everything else the person listed.

Also, Bastion was potentially > IM anyway...and I thought using specific versions of someone to keep them slightly under the caps was not allowed (which is what was being done).

But I think Booster's fine.

Old Post Apr 28th, 2007 12:17 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthgoober

Originally posted by TricksterPriest
and I now start arguing against the ban on Bastion. There are plenty of non-mutants and Bastion is immune to mutant powers, but that doesn't mean he can take a punch or that he can counter a laser beam, etc. IM would still destroy him. And since IM is the standard, there are a few people here who he cannot beat. Like Wonderman, Sasquatch, and Invincible. (who is being banned, but you get the point.) I argue Bastion is a inspired pick, and that kicking him out to maintain fairness is penalizing whoever picked him for coming up with a good idea and following through on it.

It's not JUST his immunity to mutants, it's his overall defenses. He's got all the abilities of Nimrod and Mastermold(including Nimrod's regeneration and durability), and a bunch of new stuff besides. That level of overall durability combined with his immunity to all mutant powers is what puts him over the "killability" cap. He just seems a little to much like a loophole character to allow.

Old Post Apr 28th, 2007 12:19 AM
darthgoober is currently offline Click here to Send darthgoober a Private Message Find more posts by darthgoober Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TricksterPriest
Renegade Timelord

Originally posted by darthgoober
It's not JUST his immunity to mutants, it's his overall defenses. He's got all the abilities of Nimrod and Mastermold(including Nimrod's regeneration and durability), and a bunch of new stuff besides. That level of overall durability combined with his immunity to all mutant powers is what puts him over the "killability" cap. He just seems a little to much like a loophole character to allow.

no No, he doesn't. He didn't have their powers as Bastion, he got them later when his body was exhumed and his programming altered, which point he became Template.

His head was blown off in one shot by Cable and his durability and strength aren't much higher than a prime sentinel, which is about CL10-20.

http://marveldatabase.com/Bastion

I keep telling you guys, he's not anywhere near as powerful as Nimrod or Mastermold.

And he certainly doesn't have their regeneration, otherwise he never would have had his head passed around to so many people.

Old Post Apr 28th, 2007 12:23 AM
Martian_mind
telepathy+debates+=Pwned

no No, he doesn't. He didn't have their powers as Bastion, he got them later when his body was exhumed and his programming altered, which point he became Template.

His head was blown off in one shot by Cable and his durability and strength aren't much higher than a prime sentinel, which is about CL10-20.

http://marveldatabase.com/Bastion

I keep telling you guys, he's not anywhere near as powerful as Nimrod or Mastermold.

And he certainly doesn't have their regeneration, otherwise he never would have had his head passed around to so many people.

That bio's opening lines say that Bastion was seemingly unstoppable....

plus you are Aware how powerful some of Cable weapons are?have you got a scan so we can see this gun?

Old Post Apr 28th, 2007 12:26 AM
TricksterPriest
Renegade Timelord

Haven't been able to find that scan.

2nd, Wolverine took his head off as Death.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bastion_%28comics%29

Plus, the unstoppable part, was the nimrod/MasterMold fusion. THAT WAS FORCED THROUGH THE SIEGE PERILOUS, WHERE IT BECAME BASTION.

The Nimrod&Mastermold fusion was indeed, unstoppable. Bastion however, has been beaten several times.

Old Post Apr 28th, 2007 12:32 AM
-K-M-

Originally posted by Martian_mind
No.He loses every encounter.hell he ws taken down by Batman and Red Hood recently....

He recently in JSA solo'ed both Hawkman and Green Lantern (Alan) at the same time
====
Also Death's Head II? what's the caps again, Iron Man? Yeah no.

Old Post Apr 28th, 2007 12:37 AM
-K-M- is currently offline Click here to Send -K-M- a Private Message Find more posts by -K-M- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

What were the telepathy limits?

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Apr 28th, 2007 12:39 AM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TricksterPriest
Renegade Timelord

I think it was either Emma Frost or Jean Grey.

Old Post Apr 28th, 2007 12:39 AM
Martian_mind
telepathy+debates+=Pwned

Haven't been able to find that scan.

2nd, Wolverine took his head off as Death.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bastion_%28comics%29

Plus, the unstoppable part, was the nimrod/MasterMold fusion. THAT WAS FORCED THROUGH THE SIEGE PERILOUS, WHERE IT BECAME BASTION.

The Nimrod&Mastermold fusion was indeed, unstoppable. Bastion however, has been beaten several times.

Of course he took his head of,He has claws that can cut through anything.hell,he was amped.So seeing that having his head cut off like that means he's below Caps,and the fact that Deathverine could take of Thors head,can i daft him?stick out tongue

Old Post Apr 28th, 2007 12:41 AM
Scoobless
sselboocS

I think it was either Emma Frost or Jean Grey.

Isn't that quite high for people at Iron Man level?

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Apr 28th, 2007 12:41 AM