KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Battlezone » Fuzzy Hawkeye & Newjak Present: The Magical Mystery Tourney

Fuzzy Hawkeye & Newjak Present: The Magical Mystery Tourney
Started by: Fuzzy Hawkeye

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (92): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
CyborgHolliday
Vagrant

Captain Spaulding and Newjak Present:The Magical Mystery Tourney, Step Right This Way

Greetings one and all and welcome to the extravagant, phenomenal, and certainly splendid tourney of Captain Spaulding, formally known as Redatom65 and Rufus T. Firefly. With his ever so delighted, yet pugnacious partners in crime, Newjak and Hason Kayfor. This is a very complex Tourney, unlike the formers, so it’s absolutely dire that you carefully read this, so that you don’t ask any dumb questions.

First and fore most this will be a tourney represented by 6 characters, in which the individual drafts. 3 of these characters can be pre-amalgated, so long as Newjak or myself approves of the base characters being fused. The cap is about Wonder Woman level, though characters like the Martian Manhunter are allowed, because of their many low showings, that are easily exploited. Characters such as Superman, Green Lantern, Flash, excluding Jay Garrick, and Captain Atom are banned from this tourney. The fusion that results from the amalgation are allowed however.

1. You will be paired up with a person randomly every match, a different person, in which you will each choose 3 characters, in anticipation of whom your opponents will choose. Therefore making the battle a 6 on 6. However, you may amalgate two of your normal characters, one of your own, and one of your partner’s for this one match, therefore making it a 5 on 6, or if your partner decides to do it a 5 on 5. One of the components going into ruling, will be on how you used your characters as a team. In conclusion, you can draft up to 9 characters, since 3 can be pre-amalgated.

2. Environments will vary frequently. For every match.

3. Prep time will vary in every match to prevent users from over using prep. Some matches will have a week of preparation, others 15 seconds. Therefore eliminating someone from using the same strategy for every match.

4. Having 6 characters, and 3 for every match, you will not be allowed to use all 3 pre amalgated characters in a match. This prevents people from using the same strategy in every match.

5. Users will be placed in 2 separate primary pools where they will face every user in the named pool at least twice depending on how many users there are that join, and from there will progress into the medal round, ad from there the two users that finish the best record, will face one another with all six characters represented.

6. The post limit is 8 Posts within a week, judges will have 2-3 days to judges matches.

7. After Drafting, there will be a period users can object to drafted characters, and vote to have them removed. It’ll come down to a judge vote should it be close.

8. Matter manipulation is allowed, as well as possession, and BFR punching, so long as it does not result in OHKO. No OHKO’s.

9. Should a participant’s partner drop out of a match, the user will still gain points. People will get points in the following ways.

Should a user win without their partner there, they will be granted 3 point. If a user is without their partner. The match will be a 6 on 3.

No partner, Still win = 3 Points

Should you win a match with your partner, you will receive 2 points.

Win a match with your partner = 2 points

Should you lose a match, but your partner isn’t there. You shouldn’t be punished because of your partner. The user who participates, will still get a point, even if they lost.

Lose, without partner - 1 point

Should you lose with your partner, you will gain no points

Standard loss = 0 points

10. Drafting will begin March 1st 2008, Each week, users will draft one of their single characters, and one amalgam (every Saturday, singles are drafted. Every Sunday, amalgams are drafted). During this period, participants can vote to ban characters. This process will be 3 weeks.

Draft Choices will be sent to me, for approval, in which the judges will discuss it’s impending approval. The judges are: Myself, Creshosk, Badabing, Jason Kayfor, Casanova, Validus, and Newjak.

11. Before the opening rounds of the tournament, a user is allowed to swap characters between their singles and amalgams up to three times, should they want to.

12. Power Copying is allowed. As it would be unfair to those who have already drafted to change it, as they may be relying on it as a main means of strategy.

13. Trading among other users, as long as both parties have consent is allowed up until the beginning of the tourney. You may do this as many times as you please.

Finally: This drafting of this tourney will not begin until the week before the final round in Illadelph’s tourney. In the mean time, think about draft choices. Happy Competing

Confirmed Users: PR, Smurph, and Blair Wind

Note: Don't bug Bada, or PR, or Digi, or any of the mods. Please direct questions at Myself, or Newjak, who just happens to be hanging on by a string.

Magical Mystery Tourney Draft 2 - Amalgam

MMT: Character Discussion(Banning/Trading/etc)

Odds Thread

DRAFTED CHARACTERS:

Blair

Single Pick1- Wundarr the Aquarian
Amalgam1- Madison Jeffries (with Box)/Professor Ivo
Amalgam2- Element Lad/Brainiac5
Single Pick2-Light Ray
Single Pick3- Thom Kallor
Amalgam Pick3- Spartan w/Void/Persuder

Goober

Single Pick1- Absorbing Man
Amalgam1-He-Man/Skeletor
Amalgam2-Monica Rambeau (Photon)/Warrior
Single Pick2-Matrix Supergirl
Single Pick3- Access
Amalgam Pick3- Rune/Phyla-Vell

Smurph

Single Pick1- Black Bolt
Amalgam1- Reed Richards/Sage
Amalgam2-Firestorm (Ronnie)/Meggan
Single Pick2-Animal Man
Single Pick3- Sprite
Amalgam Pick3- Ray/Jor-el

Charlotte

Single Pick1- Graviton
Amalgam1- Engineer II/Brainiac8
Amalgam2-Yellowjacket/Shift
Single Pick2-Jack Hawksmoor
Single Pick3- Apollo
Amalgam Pick3- Nate Grey/Mantis

Bran

Single Pick1- Martian Manhunter
Amalgam1- Northstar/Juggernaut
Amalgam2-Cable/Nova
Single Pick2-Apocalypse
Single Pick3- James Hudson (Cyborg)
Amalgam Pick3- Drax/w gem/Iron Fist

Laminator X

Single Pick1- Loki
Amalgam1- Spider-Man (circa Civil War)/Atlas
Amalgam2-Cassandra Nova/Cloak
Single Pick2-Alex Luthor Jr
Single Pick3- Warlock (Technarch)
Amalgam Pick3- Madrox/Phastos

Trick

Single Pick1- Dr. Arthur Light
Amalgam1- Ikaris/ Atom (Ray Palmer)
Amalagam2-Metamorpho/Mar-vell
Single Pick2-???
Single Pick3- Darkness
Amalgam Pick3- Exodus/Machine Man

Devil lance

Single Pick1- Maxima
Amalgam1- Ronan the accuser/Super-skrull
Amalgam2-Captain Comet (current)/Krypto
Single Pick2-Magneto
Single Pick3- Death Metal
Amalgam Pick3- Shaman/Hyperion

Akuki

Single Pick1- Demon Witchfire
Amalgam1- Nova (Frankie Raye)/Supergirl
Amalgam2-Dr. Doom/Ultimate Superskrull
Single Pick2-Spawn (1st Age)
Single Pick3- Prodigy
Amalgam Pick3- Moondragon w/gem/Gold Key Solar

Pr1983

Single Pick1- Firestorm (current)
Amalgam1- Red Tornado (JLA #12)/Steven Lang (Phalanx Infected)
Amalgam2-Wonderwoman/Manchester Black
Single Pick2-Makkari
Single Pick3- Geo-Force
Amalgam Pick3- Mr. Sinister/Dr. Light

Martian

Single Pick1- Nightshade
Amalgam1- Mr Terrific 2/Sand
Amalagam2-Forerunner/Supernova
Single Pick2- Malefic
Single Pick3- Gentleman Ghost
Amalgam Pick3- Mary Marvel/Enchantress

Leo

Single Pick1- Forge
Amalgam1- Sersi/Ult. Reed
Amalagam2- Savitar/Vulcan
Single Pick2- Wiz Kid
Single Pick3- Black Box
Amalgam Pick3- Rachel Summers/Cerebro Prime

Last edited by -Pr- on Mar 20th, 2008 at 12:27 AM

Old Post Feb 1st, 2008 01:00 AM
CyborgHolliday is currently offline Click here to Send CyborgHolliday a Private Message Find more posts by CyborgHolliday Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smurph
------

Also, edit the title. Mine was better.

Old Post Feb 1st, 2008 01:02 AM
Smurph is currently offline Click here to Send Smurph a Private Message Find more posts by Smurph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vally-Doosh
Restricted

Account Restricted

Another tourney?!?!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by StylishSmurph

Also, edit the title. Mine was better.

I agree.

Jason says:
what am I supposed to do?
Jon says:
clean your apt before she moves in? buy some pink bed sheets? scented candles?
Jason says:
wait, u have pink bed sheets?
Jon says:
ive said too much

Old Post Feb 1st, 2008 01:05 AM
Vally-Doosh is currently offline Click here to Send Vally-Doosh a Private Message Find more posts by Vally-Doosh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

Well this Newjak.

Welcoming everyone here.

Have fun and enjoy.

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Feb 1st, 2008 01:06 AM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vally-Doosh
Restricted

Account Restricted

Feel free to direct all antiquing questions to me, JasonK4. I love to help answer all your questions about antiques. smile

Jason says:
what am I supposed to do?
Jon says:
clean your apt before she moves in? buy some pink bed sheets? scented candles?
Jason says:
wait, u have pink bed sheets?
Jon says:
ive said too much

Last edited by Badabing on Feb 1st, 2008 at 01:18 AM

Old Post Feb 1st, 2008 01:10 AM
Vally-Doosh is currently offline Click here to Send Vally-Doosh a Private Message Find more posts by Vally-Doosh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
batdude123
Life Has No Meaning

You're having a tourney right in the middle of a tourney?

Old Post Feb 1st, 2008 01:12 AM
batdude123 is currently offline Click here to Send batdude123 a Private Message Find more posts by batdude123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthgoober

Wow... that is complicated. I don't suppose you could give a hypothetical example of a round to clear up the process a little...

Old Post Feb 1st, 2008 01:16 AM
darthgoober is currently offline Click here to Send darthgoober a Private Message Find more posts by darthgoober Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smurph
------

Originally posted by batdude123
You're having a tourney right in the middle of a tourney?
No. He's announcing a tourney right before the semi's for another tourney, which has dwindled down to four teams anyways. erm

Just gives people time to get ready. Once this thing actually starts, in some weeks or so, it's going to move fast, from what I understand.

Old Post Feb 1st, 2008 01:19 AM
Smurph is currently offline Click here to Send Smurph a Private Message Find more posts by Smurph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CyborgHolliday
Vagrant

Well Goob, I wanted my compadres to try to make it less complicated, but I've explained it so often to them, I guess they didn't read it that carefully. I'll go through an example shortly, I'm currently preoccupied with packing for Boston

Last edited by CyborgHolliday on Feb 1st, 2008 at 01:26 AM

Old Post Feb 1st, 2008 01:21 AM
CyborgHolliday is currently offline Click here to Send CyborgHolliday a Private Message Find more posts by CyborgHolliday Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
batdude123
Life Has No Meaning

No. He's announcing a tourney right before the semi's for another tourney, which has dwindled down to four teams anyways. erm

Just gives people time to get ready. Once this thing actually starts, in some weeks or so, it's going to move fast, from what I understand.

Lulz. I just remember when tourneys used to be a special occurrence.

Nowadays it's as if one happens every other week.

Old Post Feb 1st, 2008 01:22 AM
batdude123 is currently offline Click here to Send batdude123 a Private Message Find more posts by batdude123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthgoober

Originally posted by Capt Spaulding
Well Goob, I wanted my compadres to try to make it elss complicated, but I've explained it so often to them, I guess they didn't read it that carefully. I'll go through an example shortly, I'm currently preoccupied with packing to Boston

Cool. And thanks...

Old Post Feb 1st, 2008 01:22 AM
darthgoober is currently offline Click here to Send darthgoober a Private Message Find more posts by darthgoober Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smurph
------

Originally posted by darthgoober
Wow... that is complicated. I don't suppose you could give a hypothetical example of a round to clear up the process a little...
It's like this:

You draft three Wonder Woman level characters.

Then you draft three characters who are amalgamations of Wonder Woman level characters (amalgamations consisting of two Wonder Woman level characters).

Each round, you're teamed with someone random, and you each choose three characters to field. You can only field two amalgams per round, but you can amalgamate your individual guy with the individual guy of your teammates team.

It effectively becomes a 6 (or 5) vs. 6 (or 5).

Old Post Feb 1st, 2008 01:25 AM
One Big Mob
Dead

Originally posted by batdude123
Lulz. I just remember when tourneys used to be a special occurrence.

Nowadays it's as if one happens every other week.
Once or twice a year?

Old Post Feb 1st, 2008 01:27 AM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthgoober

It's like this:

You draft three Wonder Woman level characters.

Then you draft three characters who are amalgamations of Wonder Woman level characters (amalgamations consisting of two Wonder Woman level characters).

Each round, you're teamed with someone random, and you each choose three characters to field. You can only field two amalgams per round, but you can amalgamate your individual guy with the individual guy of your teammates team.

It effectively becomes a 6 (or 5) vs. 6 (or 5).

So first I draft three characters like WW, Martian Manhunter, etc., then I draft three amalgam's like Hulk/Superboy, and come match time I add one of my original choices to my amalgam so that I have a single 3 character amalgam for the match?

And we have random partners each round of the tourney?

Old Post Feb 1st, 2008 01:29 AM
Amp
Restricted

Account Restricted

Weird but sounds cool.

Where can I see some of the other tourneys then?

Old Post Feb 1st, 2008 01:35 AM
Amp is currently offline Click here to Send Amp a Private Message Find more posts by Amp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smurph
------

So first I draft three characters like WW, Martian Manhunter, etc., then I draft three amalgam's like Hulk/Superboy, and come match time I add one of my original choices to my amalgam so that I have a single 3 character amalgam for the match?

And we have random partners each round of the tourney?
No.

There is no amalgamating mid-tourney (with one minor exception). You draft amalgamations, who then become characters in themselves.

You draft three amalgamations, consisting of two WW level characters each.

You draft three WW level characters by themselves.

You effectively have six characters to choose from (three amalgams, three solos).

You field three of these at a time... any of the people on your team, so long as you choose at least one Solo, or maximum two Amalgams.

You randomly pair with a partner every round, who has to choose from his characters the same. You do have the option of amalgamating your solo with your partner's solo at the beginning of the round.

Capice?

Old Post Feb 1st, 2008 01:36 AM
darthgoober

No.

There is no amalgamating mid-tourney (with one minor exception). You draft amalgamations, who then become characters in themselves.

You draft three amalgamations, consisting of two WW level characters each.

You draft three WW level characters by themselves.

You effectively have six characters to choose from (three amalgams, three solos).

You field three of these at a time... any of the people on your team, so long as you choose at least one Solo, or maximum two Amalgams.

You randomly pair with a partner every round, who has to choose from his characters the same. You do have the option of amalgamating your solo with your partner's solo at the beginning of the round.

Capice?

Oh ok. I'm pretty sure I got it now, thanks.

Old Post Feb 1st, 2008 01:41 AM
darthgoober

Are these total amalgams(you get ALL the characters feats), or is there going to be a specific system in place?

Old Post Feb 1st, 2008 01:42 AM
CyborgHolliday
Vagrant

basically:

You draft 3 regular characters, one of these 3 you can fuse with a partner's character, who is also a regular character for one match. This is optional. 3 characters are optional amalgams. you can fuse 2 characters, for an amalgam. so you can draft up to 9 characters. But 6 would be represented. In a match your only allowed to use two of your preamalgated characters.

Prep varies every match, to avoid prep whores from abusing it.

Every match your paired up with a random user, giving every user a sense of what everyone is thinking, since you're practically working with everyone at last once, to take down everyone else. It'll be a 6 on 6. 3 of your characters will be used. but going back to the one match amalgam, it could be a 5 on 6. It'll be olympic pooling. meaning 2 pools, and from there into the medal rounds, and into the finals where only 2 people will face, depending on their record. Any Questions?

Old Post Feb 1st, 2008 01:42 AM
darthgoober

Originally posted by Capt Spaulding
basically:

You draft 3 regular characters, one of these 3 you can fuse with a partner's character, who is also a regular character for one match. This is optional. 3 characters are optional amalgams. you can fuse 2 characters, for an amalgam. so you can draft up to 9 characters. But 6 would be represented. In a match your only allowed to use two of your preamalgated characters.

Prep varies every match, to avoid prep whores from abusing it.

Every match your paired up with a random user, giving every user a sense of what everyone is thinking, since you're practically working with everyone at last once, to take down everyone else. It'll be a 6 on 6. 3 of your characters will be used. but going back to the one match amalgam, it could be a 5 on 6. It'll be olympic pooling. meaning 2 pools, and from there into the medal rounds, and into the finals where only 2 people will face, depending on their record. Any Questions?

Are these total amalgams(you get ALL the characters feats), or is there going to be a specific system in place?

Also, is there any kind of speed cap in place?

Old Post Feb 1st, 2008 01:50 AM