KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Battlezone » EVANGEL94's Final Slugfest Tournament: Round 1; Tony Stark vs SmurphSmash!

EVANGEL94's Final Slugfest Tournament: Round 1; Tony Stark vs SmurphSmash!
Started by: Evangel94

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Evangel94
Premium Member

EVANGEL94's Final Slugfest Tournament: Round 1; Tony Stark vs SmurphSmash!

Welcome to the first match of the Final Slugfest Tournament. I'd like to thank all those who have taken the time to participate and contribute to the set of up this tournament.

For today's match we have:

TONY STARK

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Tony Stark
Dr. Doom (616) (4) Points
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doctor_Doom
http://www.marvel.com/universe/Doctor_Doom_(Victor_von_Doom)
http://en.marveldatabase.com/Victor...%28Earth-616%29

Gladiator "Kallark" (616) (6) Points
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gladiator_%28Kallark%29
http://www.marvel.com/universe/Gladiator_%28Kallark%29
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4mn3...feature=related

Amalgam lvl. 1 (4) points

(Dr. Doom)
Mind/Armor/Prep/Tech/Sorcery/Intelligence/Planning/Ruthlessness/Confidence...etc).

(Gladiator)
Body/Strength/Speed/Durability/Fighting skills/Psionic abilities
Super breath/Heat-vision/Warrior born...etc).

Prep time lvl. 1 (1) point
(15 Minute Battlefeild)

Prep time lvl. 3 (5) points
(36 Hrs mystical sanctum/Scientific lab)

Knowledge of opposition lvl. 3 (5) points
(Extensive knowledge of all opponents including strengths and weaknesses)

4+6+4+1+5+5= 25 points

vs

SmurphSmash!
Originally posted by SmurphSmash!
Mr. Immortal - 2 points
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mr._Immortal

Dead Girl - 2 points
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f98/t453087.html

Mystique – 2 points
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mystique_(comics)

Loa – 2 points
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loa_(comics)

Doorman - 2 points
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doorman_(comics)

Shadow King - 4 points
http://www.comicvine.com/shadow-king/14889/

Deadman - 4 points
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deadman

DKRTYZY RRR - 6 points
http://img299.imageshack.us/img299/8864/dkrtzyze0.jpg

Prep lvl 1 - 1 point

= 25 points

quote:

Area:
C) An evacuated San Francisco with extremely thick fog, and 4.5 magnitude earthquakes on the Richter scale occurring every 3 minutes.

According to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richter_scale:

4.0-4.9 magnitude earthquake - Noticeable shaking of indoor items, rattling noises. Significant damage unlikely.

All tournament participants must vote or you may be penalized during your match for not voting. If you cannot or are unable to vote, contact me ahead of time. As to non-participants, anyone who has 1000 posts or more can vote. While not required, please refrain from voting until both competitors have posted their strategies or have debated sufficiently.

This match will last until the next match is posted tomorrow.

Now that all the details have been explained, I wish both competitors the best of luck, and now let the match begin. smile

Forever Young...

Last edited by Evangel94 on Mar 3rd, 2008 at 09:13 PM

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2008 09:05 PM
Evangel94 is currently offline Click here to Send Evangel94 a Private Message Find more posts by Evangel94 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Nobody sent in a writeup?

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2008 11:48 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Evangel94
Premium Member

Nope. Even if they, I also don't post write-ups ahead of time to encourage you to be here on the date of your match.

Like I said earlier, this match may start out slow since I didn't see either online at the time of the posting of this thread. They may post later into the night. I sent them reminders ahead of time about the schedule change, sent them reminders about the match, they had ample time to ask for a time change, and I am sure they read the change in the thread.

But if this continues, and it is evident that neither will post, then just vote for whom you think would win based solely on team choices.

Forever Young...

Last edited by Evangel94 on Mar 4th, 2008 at 12:27 AM

Old Post Mar 4th, 2008 12:22 AM
Evangel94 is currently offline Click here to Send Evangel94 a Private Message Find more posts by Evangel94 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smurph
------

Wait, I thought that we just post our write-up ourselves?

Anyways...

My team chills in the first part of the prep. Shadow King will possess Mr. Immortal, and survival instinct is gonna let him back away from the fight.

Loa's gonna go intangible right before the match starts, as is everyone who could go intangible.

Once the match starts, Deadman can possess, or Drtzky can just mess with his head.

Loa can take him out just if he moves through her, or vice versa.

Other than that, we outlive the opponent.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2008 12:31 AM
Smurph is currently offline Click here to Send Smurph a Private Message Find more posts by Smurph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tony Stark
Mr. All Day

My Amalgamation of Dr. Doom and The Gladiator "Kallark" both from MARVEL (616) is IMO the most powerful being within this entire tournament. Taking the best abilities from both characters and making them one "UNSTOPPABLE" sorry ------ there can be only "ONE" and in this tournament that's right... It's "The Doominator". We all know who both characters are and have seen them in action many, many times. I'm also sure that we all are in agreement that by themselves they are two of the most difficult characters for one to go up against at their full-potential and with full and unwavering, never ending, ego filled "CONFIDENCE" to boot.

With using Dr. Doom's Mind/Armor/Tech/Sorcery/Intelligence/Planning/Ruthlessness/Ego and Supreme Confidence combined with...

Gladiator's Body/Strength/FTL Speed & Flight/Durability/Fighting Skills/Psionic Abilities/Super Breath (Power and Cold)/Heat Vision/Super Hearing/Warrior Born Being...

One couldn't ask for a better suited Amalgamation.

Dr. Doom is IMO has the #1 mind in all of MARVEL or DC (Non-Skyfather lvl characters) with the immense knowledge and applicability of both the Technological world (Top 2) and the Mystical/Sorcery world "Dark Arts" (Top 2) and the Prep that goes along with the both of them (Top 2). Dr. Doom is able to do what "NO OTHER" character in MARVEL or DC can do with the authority and the capability of doing so, combining his vast knowledge of both worlds to create a whole "NEW" world... A TechnoSorcery World... And he is not only the inventor of this world, he is the unequivitable "MASTER" of it.

To add to that mouth full of mind power Doom also adds both Confidence and Ego (which more of I'm not sure) Doom practically invented those terms if not, he is definitely the standing definition and PosterRuler for them. What other human can say that they have the wherewithal to not only pull up their bootstraps and put forth a plan of attack to steal the "POWER" of the most powerful kids on the block to date, that have ever stepped foot on MARVEL or DC Earth's and without hesitation have the "Balls" to even attempt it and then actually succeed in doing so. He climbed the power scale ladder (Silver Surfer... Galactus... Beyonder) And one millisecond from the whole "Enchilada" The full IG. A human mind you... A human.

That's Confidence... That's Ego... That's Doom!

What makes this IMO the most powerful being within this entire tournament is, you take all of that and you add it to a character (The Gladiator) and upon them having that "Supreme Confidence" and that "Ego the size of the Universe" they are turned into what most of you commonly refer to as "PC Superman". And we all know and loved "PC Superman". But this model is actually the "NEW" and "IMPROVED" model. This "PC Superman" if you will is now "PC Superman the TechnoSorcerer".

We all know that Gladiator's only real variable is his confidence and even without being truly and entirely confident he could move at FTL speed and could even fly at over 100x Light speed. He's Strength was almost immeasurable which was also even increased more by his Psionic powers, he has hotter than the core of the sun Heat Vision, he has Super Breath capable of producing both monstrously severe hurricane wind like power along, with being able to freeze solid a foe with it in their tracks. He has the Durability to withstand both the physical as well as energy based attacks from Top Tier/Skyfather like persons, he also has the Fighting Skills of a trained and tested Warrior with thousands perhaps millions (Actual age unknown) of years experience. He also because of his Psionic powers is able to sense (Almost Cosmically) things about others and make adjustments to things that others without those unique powers could not (Almost Cosmically), he also has Super hearing and can hear things from several light years away. And as everyone knows the more confident Gladiator becomes the more powerful he becomes, the more resistant and durable he becomes, the faster he becomes, the more everything he becomes.

That is The Gladiator personified.

So now we have "PC Superman the TechoSorcerer" who is at the very least the most Confident human, maybe "Being" to ever have graced the pages of any comic in either MARVEL and or DC... Using the brainpan along with the ownership and abilities of this Warrior Born body and powers of which grows expedentially Stronger, Faster, Resistant and Durable...etc. The more Confident he is.

IMO, as well as yours too I'm sure... This "Doominator" character is... As well as should be the #1 seed in this tournament.

And I'm not even sure if "Heaven" can help those who get in his way...

evil face

Old Post Mar 4th, 2008 12:31 AM
Tony Stark is currently offline Click here to Send Tony Stark a Private Message Find more posts by Tony Stark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smurph
------

You fly a fraction of your max speed, and your armor disintegrates. You also can't control your speed, and probably smash into everything around you.

You also probably didn't even bother to prep, didn't use Doom's prep ability to an ounce of it's overall effectiveness, and can't touch anybody on my team.

My green lantern math equation erases your brain.

Next match plz.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2008 12:38 AM
Smurph is currently offline Click here to Send Smurph a Private Message Find more posts by Smurph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

Last edited by Badabing on Mar 4th, 2008 at 02:06 AM

Old Post Mar 4th, 2008 01:13 AM
"Id" is currently offline Click here to Send "Id" a Private Message Find more posts by "Id" Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smurph
------

On top of that, I really hope nobody is stupid enough to believe that Doom + Glads = PC Superman.

no expression

Doom + Glads = Glads with "meh" magic. The confidence boost, if any, would put him at Superman level, at the very best.

Lulz at anything beyond that, much less even approaching the likes of pre-crisis Kryptonians.

Anyways, for all his brawn, he can't put down any members of my team, and all the boasting is for naught.

I erase his mind, possess him, deconstruct him... I win. He can't even touch me.

Truly done now, unless he manages to post something worthwhile.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2008 01:13 AM
Smurph
------

Originally posted by id369
Ok so we get a classical Super villain rant, that didn’t really do anything with his massive prep or exploit character weakness. So I take it, he simply thinks he will plow his way through.

On the other hand Zeitgeist, takes an easy approach and uses the most basic attacks in hopes of submitting GladiaterDoom. However I have a hard time body possession or mathematical mind tempering will be effective.
Drtzky's bio states that he can erase minds, after he enters them.

Deadman can possess anybody he pleases.

Then there's still Loa...

And he can't do jack about any of it.

smile

Old Post Mar 4th, 2008 01:19 AM
Badabing
Karen

Don't spam the thread. Use the Tourny Discussion Thread. Thanks.

You've just been Trump'd!

Official pimp of Steverules

Sig by Steve Rules

Last edited by Badabing on Mar 4th, 2008 at 02:06 AM

Old Post Mar 4th, 2008 01:20 AM
Badabing is currently offline Click here to Send Badabing a Private Message Find more posts by Badabing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

vote for zeitgeist/smurph.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Mar 4th, 2008 01:29 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CyborgHolliday
Vagrant

Last edited by Badabing on Mar 4th, 2008 at 02:04 AM

Old Post Mar 4th, 2008 01:30 AM
CyborgHolliday is currently offline Click here to Send CyborgHolliday a Private Message Find more posts by CyborgHolliday Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Devil Lance
DL

Last edited by Badabing on Mar 4th, 2008 at 02:04 AM

Old Post Mar 4th, 2008 01:37 AM
Devil Lance is currently offline Click here to Send Devil Lance a Private Message Find more posts by Devil Lance Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
batdude123
Life Has No Meaning

It's not time to vote yet... no expression

Last edited by Badabing on Mar 4th, 2008 at 02:05 AM

Old Post Mar 4th, 2008 01:39 AM
batdude123 is currently offline Click here to Send batdude123 a Private Message Find more posts by batdude123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smurph
------

Old Post Mar 4th, 2008 01:41 AM
CyborgHolliday
Vagrant

Old Post Mar 4th, 2008 01:41 AM
CyborgHolliday is currently offline Click here to Send CyborgHolliday a Private Message Find more posts by CyborgHolliday Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
batdude123
Life Has No Meaning

Old Post Mar 4th, 2008 01:42 AM
batdude123 is currently offline Click here to Send batdude123 a Private Message Find more posts by batdude123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smurph
------

Originally posted by batdude123
That's teh gay, considering you guys have 24 hours to finish this match.
Then stop spamming my thread, kthx.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2008 01:44 AM
batdude123
Life Has No Meaning

Old Post Mar 4th, 2008 01:46 AM
Soljer
Beware my Power

[IMG][/IMG]

Old Post Mar 4th, 2008 01:47 AM
Soljer is currently offline Click here to Send Soljer a Private Message Find more posts by Soljer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote