KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Battlezone » EVANGEL94's Final Slugfest Tournament: Round 1; Papa Smurph vs Psycho Gundam

EVANGEL94's Final Slugfest Tournament: Round 1; Papa Smurph vs Psycho Gundam
Started by: Evangel94

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Evangel94
Premium Member

EVANGEL94's Final Slugfest Tournament: Round 1; Papa Smurph vs Psycho Gundam

Round 1: Match 2. You know the drill.

4. Papa Smurph

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Papa Smurph
Sonia Sato - 2
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Judomaster

Hector Hall - 6 (Body) (Mind)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doctor_Fate

World War Hulk - 6 (Body)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_War_Hulk

Amalgam v2 - 6
Prep time v3 - 5

Name:The Amalgam that just kicked your ass and raped your mother x2.

Total: 25 points

vs

9. psycho gundam

quote:
Regular Juggernaut- 5 points
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Juggernaut_(comics)

Space Gem – 10 points
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infinity_Gems

Power Gem – 10 points
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infinity_Gems

Total 25 points

Area:
a) In the middle of a Blizzard in Antarctica

All tournament participants must vote or you may be penalized during your match for not voting. If you cannot or are unable to vote, contact me ahead of time. As to non-participants, anyone who has 1000 posts or more can vote.

Originally posted by Evangel94

People may not vote in any of the match threads for the first 12 hours of the match. This gives both tournament participants plenty of time to debate and put forth all their plans for everyone to see.

The first 12 hours gives all participants and non-participants to watch, discuss, be merry, and socialize in both discussion and tourney odds thread.

After 12 hours, everyone may vote for whomever they want in the match thread.

-Evangel94

Forever Young...

Last edited by Evangel94 on Mar 4th, 2008 at 09:32 PM

Old Post Mar 4th, 2008 09:26 PM
Evangel94 is currently offline Click here to Send Evangel94 a Private Message Find more posts by Evangel94 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

Now to kick things off.

This mind you is classic juggernaut which is the same now as current juggernaut after his powers were restored by cyttorak.

the story so far-
cain marko now fully empowered by the gem of cyttorak promised to return to his destructive ways to gain his waining powers.this new empowerment wasn't just a gift to his subject, cyttorak secretly wants the juggernaut to open up a rift large enough in order to transport cyttorak himself into the 616 universe, but cain will need further enhancements in order for that to happen.

word comes to cain that a tournament of champions is being held and the prize is the greatest wish of the winner be real.the connection between cain and cyttorak reveals that cain still hungers for answers from his past regardless of his great powers and this revelation provides a means for cain to get more power and most importantly cyttorak his prize.

cyttorak gives cain a subconscious suggestion to pay a visit to the ruins of lumaria under the ocean. after a long search, he stumbles upon the space infinity gem(Black bolt had Triton hide it there for safe keeping).
cain remembered a few years ago all the Earth's heroes banding together to defeat Thanos who controlled the gems. also, his reading in the X-men and eX-calibur data banks had charles Xavier's detailed log of the events, provided him with basic knowledge of the gems.
he laughs to himself that the means of his coming triumph will be attained by a purple marble.

in an instant cain is seemingly teleported
to the shoreline just by thinking about it for a split second. he laughs so hard that the shore birds fly in fear for miles. he smirks and says"i want the pow-" in an instant he is transported to the negative zone where in front of him is the power gem encased in titanium. this lower than nothing to the juggernaut who then proceeds to rip the metal from the gem. now surging with energy so great, he finds himself feeling more powerful than he was in his trion days.

now for the reality gem he thinks, but he remembers the line in Xavier's notes that said that the psyche of the possessor of the gems can get overwhelmed by it's sensory input. he then decides the two he has now are satisfactory for his plans and teleports himself to a nearby island to test his gems. a week later the tournament draws near and the juggernaut sets his sites on the prize. the destruction of charles Xavier.

Last edited by psycho gundam on Mar 4th, 2008 at 09:33 PM

Old Post Mar 4th, 2008 09:28 PM
psycho gundam is currently offline Click here to Send psycho gundam a Private Message Find more posts by psycho gundam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

and now the fight-

cain is told the fight will be held in antarctica and will be fought by an unknown opponent. in the blink of an eye cain is already there.

the battlefield is amidst a harsh tundra with minimal visibility.all that can be seen is a robot ten feet in front of him. the robot upon seeing cain fires a beam into the stratosphere, the beam then cascades over most of the visible sky and thickens into a forcefield.

cain pounds his fists ready to fight.in a robotic voice, the announcer bot says"ready fight!" cain activates his personal force field(which is now backed by the power gem also making it much more durable)cain crosses his arms and waits for his opponent to draw near, but after several minutes he realizes he isn't coming for him.

cain decides to delve into a little ingenuity to"coax" his opponent out. he closes his eyes and focuses his vision through the space gem and like a room full of televisions a 360 degree input is clear to him. the only thing is they are more attuned to the proximity of all things and appear fuzzy, except for one object about 35 meters from his location. as clear as day it's the hulk with what appears to be a helmet on and and amulet like the one dr.stephen strange caries on his chest.

cain says to himself"I can't believe my luck, i get more power and want to kill someone and the first one is the frick'n hulk, this is too much." the juggernaut one of earth's most inpatient people decides to bring his prey to him, but remembers their last run in and that the hulk was a lot more intelligent this time around and his new adornments must be designed to battle cain. things are going to be different this time he thinks, I'm the strongest ever!

cain then teleports right behind the hulk and delivers a series of punches that by no visible means are parried by some manner, the hulk tries to use a throwing technique but cain's core body strength is to great.cain just raises up and bear hugs the hulk and then proceeds to squeeze him to death. the hulk cries out in pain as the power gem fueled muscles of the juggernaut exert increasing levels of pressure even though he is trying to flex out of his grip. the hulk tries to conjure up a field but it gets snuffed out by cain's mastery of energy.

cain then says"whats with the funny hat there greeny? trynna keep yur face pretty? the hulk then yells in desperation then starts to head but cain with all the force he can in his current position, but to no avail."so you want to head but with me huh? the juggernaut then head buts the hulk with a forceful flow that puts a crack in the helmet the hulk wears."what *aaaggg* manner of creature are you?" says the hulk."your worst nightmare, and you know what, I want to see your face when I kill you"cain then teleports the helmet off the hulk's head and proceeds to deliver a volley of head buts that reduce the hulk's head to a mess of bone and green flesh.

cain is somewhat perplexed that the hulk's rage and strength has dropped since the last time they fought, but he just chalks it up to his new found power. still in the mighty grip of the juggernaut, the hulk's body now fitting the contours of the juggernaut's costume like playdough in a mold. cain notices the hulks head trying to regenerate but the process is slow since the his brain is reduced to muck.cain thinks"I'm just going to wait till it grow back and do it all over again just to see the look on his face hahahahah."

the robot announcer decides to call the match a win for cain marko due to inability for his opponent to continue. cain not satisfied with that victory finishes off the corpse in his hands by completely crossing his arms through the torso of the hulk tearing the hulk in two pieces, thus spilling his innards all over the snowy ground.cain then raises his arms over his head and brings them down on the hulk with so much force that reduces the continent of antarctica to shake.

the robot was spared the the force because it was standing behind the juggernaut.cain then says"now I'm done with him."he then walks away and the robot then gets to see the remains of the hulk, nothing is left aside from a crater with shards of the helmet and amulet covered in green ooz.

Last edited by psycho gundam on Mar 4th, 2008 at 09:34 PM

Old Post Mar 4th, 2008 09:29 PM
psycho gundam is currently offline Click here to Send psycho gundam a Private Message Find more posts by psycho gundam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Evangel94
Premium Member

It's a little hard on the eyes, could you edit it really fast and just separate it into paragraphs? Turning each of those big paragraphs into two smaller ones should help a lot. Thanks.

-Evangel94

Forever Young...

Old Post Mar 4th, 2008 09:31 PM
Evangel94 is currently offline Click here to Send Evangel94 a Private Message Find more posts by Evangel94 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Papa Smurph
Restricted

Account Restricted

First I will give some background on my character and why the lovely Miss Judomaster is what truly makes this a absolute 10/10 for the Amalgam that just kicked your ass and raped your mother x2. So let me Tony Stark it for a second.

You see Psycho Gundam went in with the intent of absolutely overwhelming you with a Nightcrawler esque space gem Classic Juggernaut boosted by the power gem, unfortunately for him I will be fighting with my aversion field up the entire time. What’s the aversion field? Well think of it as Classic Juggernaut’s force field on speed.

http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/...rsionField1.jpg
http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/...rsionField2.jpg
http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/...rsionField3.jpg

In a nutshell all that physical might is for naught as the ONLY means that Juggernaut has to hurt me is thunderclapping unfortunately for Psycho Gundam he's already buried himself in the first post into falling for my trap

Now in a CBRish tourney you could say Juggernaut just T-Claps till the cows come home, but this isn’t a CBRish tourney, this takes character into consideration. In-character I bet you can’t think of more then 2 instances in JUGGERNAUTS ENTIRE CAREER where he T-clapped. In character Cain Marko is Cain Marko, not the Hulk, who, btw, is actually IMMUNE to the damage received from the sound (the most devastating effect of the T-Clap) due to usage of it his entire career and LAUGHED OFF BLACK BOLT TALKING (we all know the instance, I don’t think scannage is needed) ergo a T-Clap won’t really do much but give me a power up (boost my anger).

So yeah for prep I will move all my books and such into my helmet to prevent being spied upon and to plan with my coconspirators of Fate’s past as well as Nabu.

Now prep time as a whole revolves around a clever arrange and agreement (though the rules say I get to atleast maintain Hulk's base strength semantics are lame) between Kent Nelson, Jared Stevens, Nabu and Hector to keep his rage up so that he can maintain his Hulk form while being able to calmly use his powers (mostly involving Nabu throwing a few illusions at Hector every once in a while if he ever starts to revert to normal and Hector receiving aid from the former Fates to channel his inner rage). Should Hector grow too out of control Nabu can just take complete control and stack Hector‘s rage to the side to keep that outstanding Hulk body up, like he does here (difference being it will be understood that Hector could no longer think logically ergo Nabu needed to step in).

http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/...controllage.jpg

Match goes like this. World War Hector and Juggernaut stalemate a bit, Cain Marko being too stubborn to try to rationalize why his punches aren’t connecting, then Fate gets a little annoyed by Marko’s constant talk of being unstoppable and Space Gemming his way out of me merging him with the ground and such, so what does he do? He looks at his fate, which, in essence, means looking at his character history seeing if he’s truly unbeatable as he claims and such and see how he’s beaten in the past.

http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/...nson06/Fate.jpg
http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/...son06/Fate2.jpg

Then I will simply remove his helmet and mind rape him. And before you say anything, no, that wasn’t time travel, it was merely an image generated inside Mordru’s head revealing his future.

In essence I win, you lose GGNORE get out my face YAH TRICK YAH YAH vote for the Amalgam that just kicked your ass and raped your mother x2 or we’ll make it x4 blah blah blahhhhhh

to sum things up in a pretty little package
~Juggernaut can’t beat me, his only attack that will connect has been NO SOLD by Hulk’s body to a much greater extent and won‘t do anything but make me madder (thus stronger).
~I can beat Juggernaut, through use of peering into his history, or fate, and replicating knocking off his helmet and hitting him with a mind attack or some such magic spell that resembles a mind attack.

offensive material removed by Raoul at 08:31... stacks. you should know better.

*cue entrance/exit music*

Last edited by -Pr- on Mar 5th, 2008 at 08:31 AM

Old Post Mar 4th, 2008 09:33 PM
Papa Smurph is currently offline Click here to Send Papa Smurph a Private Message Find more posts by Papa Smurph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

Old Post Mar 4th, 2008 09:43 PM
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

you forgot to counter my power gem, one punch will atomize your character

Old Post Mar 4th, 2008 09:44 PM
Papa Smurph
Restricted

Account Restricted

I can't be hit. Sorry. sad

Old Post Mar 4th, 2008 09:46 PM
Papa Smurph is currently offline Click here to Send Papa Smurph a Private Message Find more posts by Papa Smurph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

in my write up I had you held and sqeezed

Old Post Mar 4th, 2008 09:48 PM
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

the power gem can weaken the aversion field if need be

Old Post Mar 4th, 2008 09:50 PM
Papa Smurph
Restricted

Account Restricted

Can't be grabbed either.

Wildcat's tried and failed.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2008 09:50 PM
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

space gem can allow me to position anything anywhere

Old Post Mar 4th, 2008 09:51 PM
Papa Smurph
Restricted

Account Restricted

How's the power gem going to weaken the aversion field?

How's Cain going to even know about my aversion field?

Space Gem teleporting you places is good and dandy, but you try to teleport into me and the aversion field will allow me to give you the slip.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2008 09:51 PM
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

"It contains access to all power and energy that ever has or will exist"

Old Post Mar 4th, 2008 09:52 PM
Papa Smurph
Restricted

Account Restricted

Get out my face with that garbo

YAH TRICK YAH YAH

I can't be hit by any direct attacks, your character wins through direct attacks. Cain Marko is not smart enough to deduce I have an aversion field when Mr. Terrific could barely deduce it. Power gem does not get made up abilities.

1+1=/=3

Or something.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2008 09:54 PM
Evangel94
Premium Member

I just to want remind everyone in this thread about the scan availability in the comic book "respect" forum.

Almost all popular characters have their own thread, just look in the respect thread for it. Use the directories to find who you are looking for.

Comic "respect" forum
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/....php?forumid=98

Forever Young...

Old Post Mar 4th, 2008 09:54 PM
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

one thing about the aversion field, the hulk's body is large right so how can i manage to miss it when i try to grab him? is it like trying to hold a wet bar of soap or something?

Old Post Mar 4th, 2008 09:56 PM
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

Old Post Mar 4th, 2008 10:01 PM
Evangel94
Premium Member

Originally posted by psycho gundam
http://img459.imageshack.us/my.php?...ionx61098pv.jpg

If you could edit and label what that scan is about, that would be helpful to everyone reading this thread. Also, could you do that for future scans you post? It makes it easier for everyone to understand what you are talking about. Thank you.

Forever Young...

Last edited by Evangel94 on Mar 4th, 2008 at 10:05 PM

Old Post Mar 4th, 2008 10:02 PM
Digi
Forum Leader

lulz at Evangel giving debate lessons. I say let them die by their own hand!

evil face

But yeah, solid advice.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2008 10:03 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote