KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Battlezone » EVANGEL94's Final Slugfest Tournament:~Final Championship Match~Darthgoober vs Typhus

EVANGEL94's Final Slugfest Tournament:~Final Championship Match~Darthgoober vs Typhus
Started by: Evangel94

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Evangel94
Premium Member

EVANGEL94's Final Slugfest Tournament:~Final Championship Match~Darthgoober vs Typhus

Here we are. This is the final match. Whomever wins here will be crowned Final Slugfest Champion. Good luck to both competitors.

Experience and memories from all previous matches fought are granted to all teams. With that in mind, your team should be more experienced and therefore arguably become better fighters, more motivated, better teamwork, more adept at using difficult or foreign equipment, etc.

This match will be open for a minimum of 24 hours. The first 12 hours are reserved for debating and questions from voters. Please refrain from directly debating with the participants. This match will last until the final super voter has cast their judgment, or until I decide to end the match myself.

----------------------------------------------

Darthgoober

quote:

The Silver Adaptoid

Silver Surfer(Body)= 6 pts
http://www.marvel.com/universe/Silver_Surfer
Super Adaptoid(Mind)= 6 pts
http://www.marvel.com/universe/Super-Adaptoid

Two Person Amalgam Lv. 1= 4 pts

Power Copying= 8 pts
Prep Time Lv. 1(15 minutes on the battlefield)= 1 pt.

4+6+6+8+1= 25 pts. [/B]

vs

Typhus

quote:

Morg (Power Cosmic/No Waters of Life)Herald of Galactus- 6 points
http://www.marvel.com/universe/Morg

Red Shift Herald of Galactus- 6 points
http://www.marvel.com/universe/Red_Shift

Terrax Herald of Galactus- 6 points
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terrax

Stardust Herald of Galactus - 6 points
http://www.marvel.com/universe/Stardust

15 minutes of battlefield prep - 1 point

Total: 25 points

Area L -

quote:

Tournament Fields and Assigned Letters
a) In the middle of a Blizzard in Antarctica
b) Sahara desert in the middle of a Sandstorm
c) An evacuated San Francisco with extremely thick fog and 4.5 magnitude earthquakes on the Richter scale occurring every 3 minutes.
d) Caribbean island in the middle of a typhoon
e) A very Dense and thick tropical African jungle
f) On the rim of an active volcano on a Pacific island - active lava flows scorch the island landscape
g) Underground with a vast cave interior (with no natural light source)
h) An empty and abandoned Asteroid M
i.) Dinosaur Era Battlefield - Various Species of Dinosaurs from T-Rex to Raptors to Teridayctl roam the badland landscape.
j.) Post-Apocalyptic New York City (Barren, deserted, and half destroyed)
k.) Massive underground abandoned underground subway system (Empty tunnels, miles of old track, and old rusty subway cars, and no natural light source)
L.) ????? Area: This area morphs and cycles through A to K fields with a change occurring every five minutes.

----------------------------------

Supervoters for this match (Their votes count as three regular votes)

1. Psycho Gundam

2. The 1st Slugfest Champion - Loot

3. Air Legend

-----------------------------------

Again, Good luck, and thank you to all who have participated in this tournament.

With that in mind...

Let the final match begin!

Forever Young...

Last edited by Badabing on May 12th, 2008 at 02:37 AM

Old Post May 11th, 2008 11:20 PM
Evangel94 is currently offline Click here to Send Evangel94 a Private Message Find more posts by Evangel94 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthgoober

Alright here we go…

Prep Time

During prep the Silver Adaptoid is going to use Surfer’s powers to set another “time bomb” effect that’s set to go off as soon as the match is started. However since I learned that a black hole blast isn’t effective against everyone from Kandy I’m going to change things up a little this round. Since I learned a normal energy blast doesn’t always work I’m going to use a blast of spacial energy…

Surfer manipulating spatial energy
http://img407.imageshack.us/img407/...inus1p23sj7.jpg

Surfer using spatial energy offensively to create an energy wave
http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/...urer215sli0.jpg

See the point of the blast isn’t to blow my opponents to smithereens, it’s to create a spatial energy wave that will throw them up against the indestructible dome surrounding the battlefield. I’ll invest most of Surfer’s power to the “time bomb” so the force it generates should more than enough to send ANYONE crashing into the dome.

After that, I’ll temporarily access the powers of Mar-Vell and use the Nega Bands to revitalize my energies to replenish what I invested in the spatial time bomb..

Right before the match starts, the Silver Adaptoid will access the powers of Captain America, the Black Knight,, Hercules, and Lex Luthor w/power suit from my match with Digi(since memories from previous rounds now carry over) and use Surfer’s powers to create a cocoon of spatial energy around myself to protect me from the spatial time bomb.

The match

As soon as the match starts I’ll use Surfer’s Cosmic Awareness to scan for info on my opponents. Keep in mind that my time bomb will be going off as soon as the match starts, so my opponents will be momentarily disrupted(Stardust) or stunned/dazed(everyone else) from crashing into the dome. With the appropriate info on my temporarily helpless opponents my course of action becomes clear, and I’ll blast off in blitz mode and since Terrax is the obvious weak link in my opponents team I’ll start with him.

The plan is actually very simple, I’m going to blast off right behind the spatial wave and run Terrax through with the mystic Sword of Light. Keep in mind that Terrax is a world renowned jobber so this will be done with the utmost of ease(especially since he’s going to be stunned from crashing into the dome). All I have to do is bull rush him and pin him between my board and the dome kinda like this…

http://img341.imageshack.us/img341/...hor19317sy8.jpg

And touch him to adapt his powers. But rather than adapt a whole new weapon(in the form of Terrax’s ax) the Super Adaptoid is just going to adapt the abilities of his ax and add them to his copy of the Sword of Light…

Super Adaptoid adds the powers of Thor’s hammer to his shield
http://img149.imageshack.us/img149/...ers04510nc0.jpg

Which means I can now use the Sword of Light to channel the Power Cosmic(which I now possess in a double dose). As soon as that’s finished(and it shouldn’t take more than a second or two) I’ll end Terrax’s joke of a career via decapitation, leaving Typhus down a man some 4 or 5 seconds into the fight. I’ll then drop the powers of Lex’s suit in favor of the powers of Terrax.

With the weakest link of the opposition gone I’ll move on to the most vulnerable, and believe it or not that’s Stardust. I don’t really expect Stardust to be hurt by my time bomb, but the force of being throw into an indestructible dome by a spatial energy wave should be sufficient to temporarily disperse him just as BRB did. Since I’ll have Terrax dead before he can reform all the way, it’ll be child's play to tear into his energy form with the Sword of Light(which now has the ability to channel the Power Cosmic) and Caps shield and proceed to adapt his powers…

Proof that Cap’s shield is the bane of energy beings…

http://img338.imageshack.us/img338/4976/spb518ig4.jpg
http://img337.imageshack.us/img337/5008/spb519hk1.jpg

http://img179.imageshack.us/img179/...3022pageua0.jpg
http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/...3022pagesm3.jpg

Given the fact that my weapons are tailor made to take down a being like Stardust, I think it’s safe to say that he’s not lasting much longer than Terrax. And if by some miracle Stardust survives the first couple of shots, all I have to do is use Surfer’s powers to disrupt the energy that makes up his body(since he should already be having trouble holding himself together from the damage) kinda like this…
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/...mic/surfer3.jpg

That leaves Morg and Red Shift to face off against the Silver Adaptoid and let’s face it, they’re not going to be enough. My character has the combined strength/durability of Hercules and Terrax, the speed/reflexes of the Silver Surfer, and the combined fighting skills of the Black Knight, Captain America, Hercules, and Terrax so even their combined abilities of Morg and Red Shift aren’t going to be enough to take him(especially after he adapts THEIR powers and skills to his own as well). Both will either be one shotted by Cap’s shield backed by the combined strength of Herc and Terrax or decapitated via the Sword of Light in a matter of moments and leave my guy will standing alone and victorious.

Old Post May 12th, 2008 02:16 AM
darthgoober is currently offline Click here to Send darthgoober a Private Message Find more posts by darthgoober Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Evangel94
Premium Member

It's possible Typhus is just busy today (Today is Mother's Day after all. Perhaps he did something nice for his mother?), then he will most likely end up posting and debating with Darthgoober probably tomorrow. I want to avoid the possibility of people voting when Typhus makes his first post the "actual" debate starts. Voting while competitors are still debating could put unnecessary pressure on either side. I'm also sure Darthgoober doesn't want an empty victory with no actual debating.

Hmm...here's what I'm going to do. I wouldn't do this normally, but since this is the final match and I know some people are probably busy for Mother's day; I won't consider the debate period as having begun until both contestants post their write-ups.

To be fair however, if Typhus doesn't post at all by then end of tomorrow my time (central), then I will let people begin voting. If Typhus does post his write-up by the end of tomorrow then the debate period is immediately triggered and begins for a full 12 hours.

-Evangel94

Forever Young...

Last edited by Evangel94 on May 12th, 2008 at 05:59 AM

Old Post May 12th, 2008 05:47 AM
Evangel94 is currently offline Click here to Send Evangel94 a Private Message Find more posts by Evangel94 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Typhus
Mandalorian Merc

((So sorry for the absence, I wasn't able to get back into the city until this afternoon and I just got home a little while ago. If I'm disqualified, I'll accept defeat, but if not, let's get it on!))

The Battle
OK, this is another case of my 4 vs one 1 which they’ve grown pretty use to over the course of the tournament. By now they’ll be working in sync and know how to take down opponents that could out power them individually.

Once again, Stardust will be point man and begin the battle and take the initial assault. Morg will immediately follow and remove Surfer’s board from the equation:
(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)
Redshift will have opened a portal to an asteroid witch Terrax will be able to accelerate and direct, slamming it into Surfer as soon as Morg destroys his board, not giving Surfer enough time to regenerate it. My team will then proceed to switch off attacking so no one of them gets tired and Adaptoid doesn’t have time to adapt to them.

Morg alone has proven more than a match for Silver Surfer, and although he does have Super Adaptoids mind and powers, that doesn’t make him stronger, only more versatile. Morg will beat SA until he adapts, then tag in one of the others while offering support.

Terrax has lifted all of Manhattan, and will be pounding SA with a constant barrage of asteroids and mountains (depending on the rotating field). I’ve posted it before, but to recap how powerful Terrax is, here is him destroying a planet with one swing:

Stardust and Redshift have worked together and are intimately familiar with each others powers:
(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)
They’ll know when to switch off, and how to compliment each others strengths to keep SA reeling. Both can open portals, which can be used to offensively redirect attacks or hinder SA’s counterattacks/progress (if he can manage any). Stardust can reform his body from essentially nothing and is incredibly resistant to damage.

Between my team constantly switching and backing each other up and the battlefield rotating, Adaptoid won’t be able to cope with the changes. He’ll be playing a defensive game and my team will over power him.

Last edited by Typhus on May 13th, 2008 at 03:44 AM

Old Post May 13th, 2008 03:39 AM
Typhus is currently offline Click here to Send Typhus a Private Message Find more posts by Typhus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthgoober

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Typhus
((So sorry for the absence, I wasn't able to get back into the city until this afternoon and I just got home a little while ago. If I'm disqualified, I'll accept defeat, but if not, let's get it on!))

The Battle
OK, this is another case of my 4 vs one 1 which they’ve grown pretty use to over the course of the tournament. By now they’ll be working in sync and know how to take down opponents that could out power them individually.

Once again, Stardust will be point man and begin the battle and take the initial assault. Morg will immediately follow and remove Surfer’s board from the equation:
Redshift will have opened a portal to an asteroid witch Terrax will be able to accelerate and direct, slamming it into Surfer as soon as Morg destroys his board, not giving Surfer enough time to regenerate it. My team will then proceed to switch off attacking so no one of them gets tired and Adaptoid doesn’t have time to adapt to them.

Morg alone has proven more than a match for Silver Surfer, and although he does have Super Adaptoids mind and powers, that doesn’t make him stronger, only more versatile. Morg will beat SA until he adapts, then tag in one of the others while offering support.

Terrax has lifted all of Manhattan, and will be pounding SA with a constant barrage of asteroids and mountains (depending on the rotating field). I’ve posted it before, but to recap how powerful Terrax is, here is him destroying a planet with one swing:

Stardust and Redshift have worked together and are intimately familiar with each others powers:
(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)
They’ll know when to switch off, and how to compliment each others strengths to keep SA reeling. Both can open portals, which can be used to offensively redirect attacks or hinder SA’s counterattacks/progress (if he can manage any). Stardust can reform his body from essentially nothing and is incredibly resistant to damage.

Between my team constantly switching and backing each other up and the battlefield rotating, Adaptoid won’t be able to cope with the changes. He’ll be playing a defensive game and my team will over power him.

Sorry Typhus but literally NONE of that is going to work because of the spatial energy time bomb that's going to go off in the opening second of the match.

Old Post May 13th, 2008 03:49 AM
darthgoober is currently offline Click here to Send darthgoober a Private Message Find more posts by darthgoober Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Typhus
Mandalorian Merc

Right, was just about to respond to that.

Alright, for the opening attack (spatial energy wave) my team will sense it coming (cosmic awareness) and Redshift cut open a dimentional hole infront of my team, effectively blocking the attack by redirecting it outside the arena. (my team will be right behind the portal)
If anything does manage to get through, well my scan of Redshift and Stardust shows them blocking one of Galactus’s attacks. And that's assuming such a feat is possible. The two immediate promblems I see are that a) that's Surfer in the scans, and b) the scans don't show a bomb.
After that, my strategy is back on track.

Things to Keep in Mind

1) First of all, Super Adaptoid is a machine, and while his powers are impressive, his machine mind is his weakness in it’s limited ability to utilize the powers he’s stolen:

2) Scans of Silver Surfer feats are a flawed aregument. Surfer uses his powers creatively and inginuitively. Super Adaptiod lacks the mind, imagination, and will power to pull off attacks in the way Surfer does.

3) The battle is essentially one herald against four.

4) My heralds will be fighting for their greatest desire and will be pushing themselves harder than ever. Super Adaptoid is a computer, and has no capability to push himself to those limits.

5) The battlefield rotates, and even though it’s only a minor detail on a fight this scale, it’s still one more thing SA would have to acknowledge and react to, giving my team another edge.

Old Post May 13th, 2008 03:59 AM
Typhus is currently offline Click here to Send Typhus a Private Message Find more posts by Typhus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Typhus
Mandalorian Merc

Originally posted by darthgoober
Sorry Typhus but literally NONE of that is going to work because of the spatial energy time bomb that's going to go off in the opening second of the match.

You scans about your bomb are flawed. I see nothing that indicates Surfer could even create something on the magnitude to engulf the entire battlefield and knock out FOUR heralds. Even if you could do it, Redshift or Stardust will open a portal to block your "spartial energy bomb". And assuming you wasted all that energy, Silver Adaptoid will be so drained that he won't be able to fight. You claim about recharging yourself from the nega-bands, but the nega-bands use different kind of energy than power cosmic. How is surfer going to recharge himself on energy that's foreign to him? That would be like me trying to run my car off soda-pop instead of actual gasoline.

Last edited by Typhus on May 13th, 2008 at 04:12 AM

Old Post May 13th, 2008 04:05 AM
Evangel94
Premium Member

Well since Typhus posted his write-up and began the match, the full twelve hour debate period has begun starting with Typhus' first post. Please do not vote and let the competitors debate for the full twelve hours.

-Evangel94

Forever Young...

Last edited by Evangel94 on May 13th, 2008 at 04:19 AM

Old Post May 13th, 2008 04:06 AM
Typhus
Mandalorian Merc

And durring the battle, having seen your attack fail, Stardust could perform his own "better" version of it. After he tags out and switches with Morg and Terrax he would create numerous portals surrounding Silver Adaptoid and have him get thrown around by the constant gravitational pull of the portals. Silver Adaptoid would be a like a sock getting thrown around in a washing machine.
(please log in to view the image)
SA would be totally open to attacks. Not to mention Stardust would not be drained from such an attack, the portals would do all the work for him, whereas Silver Adaptoid’s attack relied on himself for power.

Old Post May 13th, 2008 04:58 AM
Typhus
Mandalorian Merc

Major Points Recap (before I have to get some sleep)

-Silver Adaptoid’s opening attack has no effect on my team. It either isn’t executed or my team blocks it. Without this, his divide and conquer strategy can’t work, and he’s at a disadvantage 4 heralds against 1. All of whom have experience working with and against Surfer.

-Adaptoid relies on adapting to his opponents, mine will be constantly swapping and changing tactics, not to mention the battlefield will be changing every 5 minutes. This will keep SA off balance and at a major disadvantage.

-SA has an unimaginative machine mind; my team has organic determination, creativity, and tenacity. They are fighting for love of others, love of self, and love of battle - SA is merely programmed to fight, it’s motivation is inferior. He won't be able to push himself as hard as my characters because, well, he doesn't know how.

-Silver Surfer scans are not a reliable argument. HIS ability to execute moves does not mean a machine using his powers can execute them in the same fashion.

-And about the Nega-bands, they don’t have infinite power. Here:
(please log in to view the image) and here: (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)
we see that Quasar has to watch how much energy she expends during battle because there is in fact a limit to them. Assuming the Spatial Time Bomb goes off successfully, it would leave Adaptoid too drained to ‘finish off’ any one of my team, who will have braced for the attack and be ready for the followup. Also, SA himself says that his copies are inferior to the real thing; and if Quasar’s have limits, then weaker copies most certainly do as well.

Last edited by Typhus on May 13th, 2008 at 09:50 AM

Old Post May 13th, 2008 09:47 AM
darthgoober

Right, was just about to respond to that.

Alright, for the opening attack (spatial energy wave) my team will sense it coming (cosmic awareness) and Redshift cut open a dimentional hole infront of my team, effectively blocking the attack by redirecting it outside the arena. (my team will be right behind the portal)
If anything does manage to get through, well my scan of Redshift and Stardust shows them blocking one of Galactus’s attacks.

First off, what makes you think Red Shift is going to be able to react to the energy wave when he couln't react to it the first time? Your team's mind is already geared to the plan you already have set up in their heads and the energy wave is going to come out of nowhere.

Second, even if he COULD somehow react to it before it slammed him into the dome, the Silver Adaptoid will be traveling right behind it and will still be slamming Terrax into the dome. We know Terrax won’t be able to muster a defense because of his track record against this kind of thing…

http://img337.imageshack.us/img337/7915/ff26013zt6.jpg

http://img297.imageshack.us/img297/...ors01712rs1.jpg
http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/...ors01713uv2.jpg
http://img212.imageshack.us/img212/...ors01716ep3.jpg

Once I have him pinned to the dome(see the earlier Durok scan) it’ll be easy for me to touch him and instantly adapt his powers. After that all it’ll take is one swipe of the improved Sword of Light and Terrax dies via decapitation and I’ll move on to Stardust while you guys are still figuring out what the Hell happened.

And that's assuming such a feat is possible. The two immediate promblems I see are that a) that's Surfer in the scans, and b) the scans don't show a bomb.
After that, my strategy is back on track.

A. I have all Surfer’s powers and full knowledge of how to use them effectively because of the amalgam rules
B. All I did was modify the energy type of this blast…
http://img120.imageshack.us/img120/...versurfeiv2.jpg
http://img120.imageshack.us/img120/...versurfeay7.jpg
http://img120.imageshack.us/img120/...versurfekp8.jpg

Things to Keep in Mind

1) First of all, Super Adaptoid is a machine, and while his powers are impressive, his machine mind is his weakness in it’s limited ability to utilize the powers he’s stolen:

Yeah he’s not that imaginative, that doesn’t mean he’s not smart or that he can’t do new things. Haven’t you noticed he tries different plans and uses different power combinations in each of his appearances? His mind is dictated by logic just like almost any robot/android, but that doesn’t mean he can’t try new things. If he were completely unable to do something he’s never seen he wouldn’t have copied the powers of Thor’s hammer into his shield.

My plan is very, very simple and NO imagination is required for it. An energy blast using a more efficient energy type than I used last time is the EXACT type of thing a machine mind would come up with.

2) Scans of Silver Surfer feats are a flawed aregument. Surfer uses his powers creatively and inginuitively. Super Adaptiod lacks the mind, imagination, and will power to pull off attacks in the way Surfer does.

You’d have a point if the rules didn’t specifically state that amalgams have full knowledge of their characters. Silver Adaptoid KNOWS he can create a delayed blast effect and he KNOWS he can manipulate spatial energy, it’s just a matter of picking an attack and energy type.

3) The battle is essentially one herald against four.

You’re seriously underestimating my character. My guy begins this match with the combined weapons and abilities of Lex Luthor’s battle suite, Hercules, The Black Knight, and Captain America PLUS the powers and abilities of the Silver Surfer. Even if he just stood there and let your team surround him he’d be

A. Too strong to withstand(Herc’s strength and skill + Lex’s strength+ Cap’s shield and skill+ Black Knight’s sword and skill)
B. Too hard to hit(Surfer’s speed+ Cap’s shield and skill+ Black Knight’s skill+ Herc’s skill)
C. Too durable to injure if you got in a lucky shot(Herc + Lex’s durability+ Force Fields)

And that’s all BEFORE he starts adapting your team’s powers. The first time he makes contact(or is around you for a minute) he’ll start adding you teams powers as well. I think that makes him a fair share more powerful than the typical Herald(which he already is because of Surfer).

4) My heralds will be fighting for their greatest desire and will be pushing themselves harder than ever. Super Adaptoid is a computer, and has no capability to push himself to those limits.

Desire has nothing to do with this match, my guy’s prep set you up perfectly and he’s just outright too powerful for your team to take down.

5) The battlefield rotates, and even though it’s only a minor detail on a fight this scale, it’s still one more thing SA would have to acknowledge and react to, giving my team another edge.

The battlefield is going to be destroyed right out of the gate by the spatial energy wave and even if it didn’t the Silver Adaptoid would already be used to the effect from my earlier match with Digi.

Old Post May 13th, 2008 05:15 PM
darthgoober

You scans about your bomb are flawed. I see nothing that indicates Surfer could even create something on the magnitude to engulf the entire battlefield and knock out FOUR heralds.

Our battlefield really isn’t all that big(I think the dome is something like the size of a large city), but if you’re looking for some indication of just how big a blast Surfer can make here you go…

Surfer’s destroys a planet
http://img260.imageshack.us/img260/...versurfemi9.jpg
http://img183.imageshack.us/img183/...versurfegj7.jpg
http://img260.imageshack.us/img260/...versurfekt9.jpg

Even if you could do it, Redshift or Stardust will open a portal to block your "spartial energy bomb".

Speed feats to suggest Stardust could react(since we know for a fact Red Shift can‘t)?

And assuming you wasted all that energy, Silver Adaptoid will be so drained that he won't be able to fight. You claim about recharging yourself from the nega-bands, but the nega-bands use different kind of energy than power cosmic. How is surfer going to recharge himself on energy that's foreign to him? That would be like me trying to run my car off soda-pop instead of actual gasoline.

If the Nega Bands can revitalize Mar-Vell and Drax simultaneously what makes you think they can’t revitalize the Silver Adaptoid…

http://img182.imageshack.us/img182/...vel05816tg5.jpg

All I’m doing is replacing Silver Adaptoid’s personal energy stores, I’m not replacing the Power Cosmic just the energy he focused with the Power Cosmic.

Old Post May 13th, 2008 05:36 PM
Doc. Savage
Restricted

Account Restricted

The finals of this awesome tourney are a late entry who replaced someone and a guy who had to quit then returned for the finals.

You are made of win Ev. laughing out loud

Old Post May 13th, 2008 06:02 PM
Doc. Savage is currently offline Click here to Send Doc. Savage a Private Message Find more posts by Doc. Savage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthgoober

Important match points

A. There’s been NOTHING shown to suggest that Typhus’s team will be able to react to my opening blast. Red Shift was already shown to be unable to spot it until it was too late, and this blast is going to be significantly more powerful than the first. Typhus’s team has a pre formulated plan in their minds and no mention was made of their being “on guard” for attacks in the opening seconds because Typhus’s plan involved THEM attacking me.

B. Even if he somehow manages to react and counter the wave itself, the Silver Adaptoid will be traveling right behind it and will still be plowing into Terrax at FTKL speeds and will still be slamming him I to the dome. So eve if the blast is blocked/deflected, my plan is still more than sufficient to take down the three remaining heralds.

C. Typhus screwed himself when he settled on the “tag team” approach because the Silver Adapoid is flat out too powerful for any one person on Typhus’s team to take down. Surfer’s speed combined with Cap and Black Knight’s skill and equipment ensure that I’ll be getting hit’s in at will against anyone and the combined strength of Herc and either Lex or Terrax backing the Sword of Light and Cap’s shield ensures that one shot is all it’s going to take to put ANYONE on the opposing team down.

D. Typhus’s claim that switching off will prevent me from assuming his powers is completely bunk. It only takes the Adaptoid time to copy when he’s just in their general area. As this scan clearly shows the adaption process is practically instantaneous once physical contact is made…
http://img187.imageshack.us/img187/...ire07p10tq8.jpg

And make no mistake, with Surfer’s speed pushing Cap, Black Knight, and Herc’s skill I WILL be making physical contact within a matter of moments.

E. Typhus’s claims about my not being able to use Surfer’s powers effectively are false. The rules specifically state that amalgams have full use and knowledge of their powers so I’ll have no problem using Surfer’s feats.

F. Typhus’s team has NO chance here. Morg, Terrax, and Red Shift are ALL brawlers and my guy is not only faster than all of them by a fair margin, he’s also stronger and more durable than any two of them combined, and more skilled than ALL of them combined so I’ll be taking them down with the utmost ease even if my initial plan didn’t work, and nothing’s been shown to suggest that the plan won’t work in the first place.

Stardust is the only one of Typhus’s guys that have half a brain, but even he’s going to go down easily because of the effect of Cap’s shield on energy beings my improved copy of Sword of Light.

Oh and as for this…

And about the Nega-bands, they don’t have infinite power. Here:
(please log in to view the image) and here: (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)
we see that Quasar has to watch how much energy she expends during battle because there is in fact a limit to them. Assuming the Spatial Time Bomb goes off successfully, it would leave Adaptoid too drained to ‘finish off’ any one of my team, who will have braced for the attack and be ready for the followup. Also, SA himself says that his copies are inferior to the real thing; and if Quasar’s have limits, then weaker copies most certainly do as well.

Those are the Quantum Bands, not the Nega Bands. And the Nega Bands don’t use their own energies to revitalize their wielders, they use the energy of nearby stars(as is covered in the scan of Drax and Mar-Vell).

Also there's NOTHING to suggest that his copy's of the Nega Bands are inferior, he's been using them to great effect for years now.

Last edited by darthgoober on May 13th, 2008 at 06:28 PM

Old Post May 13th, 2008 06:19 PM
darthgoober

Originally posted by Doc. Savage
The finals of this awesome tourney are a late entry who replaced someone and a guy who had to quit then returned for the finals.

Hey I returned for the SEMI finals...

Old Post May 13th, 2008 06:42 PM
Evangel94
Premium Member

Originally posted by Doc. Savage

Please do not disrupt the thread if you have nothing to contribute. Only those that are NOT banned, have 1000 posts, or are a supervoter may vote. You do not have 1000 posts, so there is no reason for you to even say anything in this thread.

-Evangel94

Forever Young...

Last edited by Evangel94 on May 13th, 2008 at 07:16 PM

Old Post May 13th, 2008 07:14 PM
Bentley
Seitei

I have a question regarding the time bomb: The last one you made was supposed to open automatically as the match started, I'm not going to fanthom how do you know exactly when the match starts, but rather ask you about the previously described creation process. Last time you said you had the technology knowledge of Reed and Luthor combined to assure that the bomb would explode in time zero, my question is: How do you justify the "intelligence boost" having seen the SA's defeat against Phyla-vell in the imitating intelligence department. Reed is a very creative inventor, how do you justify that SA can mimic that if he has no inner creativity?

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post May 13th, 2008 10:02 PM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthgoober

Since no one’s started judging yet I just thought I’d take some time to address the whole “One Herald vs. Four” stance. Simply put all Heralds are not created equal, and both Terrax and Red Shift are a joke in comparison of Surfer.

Terrax has been consistently portrayed as Surfer’s b*tch and has exactly ONE impressive feat to his credit(destroying a planet). He lacks intelligence and finesse and has an inferior level of the Power Cosmic than the Surfer. Just take a look at this scene where Terrax’s plans are thwarted by simple transmutation…
http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/...rv309717dj2.jpg
http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/...rv309718if7.jpg
http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/...30971920fj0.jpg
http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/...rv309721oi2.jpg

Either…

A. Terrax lacks transmutation powers of his own just as he lack‘s the other heralds ability to fly(or he could have simply recreated the treasure)

Or

B. Terrax HAS transmutation powers and is just so dumb he forgot about them.

Either way you look at it, Terrax isn’t even in Surfer’s league, let alone some who has all of Sufer’s powers plus the combined strength and durability of Hercules and Lex’s suit(as well as the suits other abilities), and uber offensive/defensive weapon like Cap’s shield and Cap‘s skill at using it, an uber mystic weapon like the Sword of Light and Black Knight’s skill at using it.

Now we’ll move on to Stardust, since he was my designated second target. Now I’m willing to give credit where credit’s due and acknowledge that Stardust is on Surfer’s level, but being on Surfer’s level doesn’t mean you’re Surfer’s equal(just ask Firelord). When you get right down to it, Stardust strait up lacks the feats to place him as Surfer’s equal(maybe close, but no cigar). The most important thing to remember though is that Stardust is an energy being, and as I’ve already shown(but am about to show again) Cap’s shield wrecks havoc on characters made up of energy…
http://img338.imageshack.us/img338/4976/spb518ig4.jpg
http://img337.imageshack.us/img337/5008/spb519hk1.jpg

http://img179.imageshack.us/img179/...3022pageua0.jpg
http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/...3022pagesm3.jpg

One or two shots from Cap’s shield will cause more than enough damage to Stardust for the Silver Adaptoid to do something like this(assuming Stardust doesn’t go down to the shield itself, which seems to be the most likely scenario)
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/...mic/surfer3.jpg

As for Red Shift, even though he’s more impressive than Terrax he’s still a far cry from Surfer in terms of raw power. Take a look at this scene where Surfer resist the power of Red Shift’s black hole, rebuilds and repowers the high tech armor of Alicia, breaches the Hypersphere, and then goes on to fight and defeat Red Shift WITHOUT his board(which he’s powering and guiding through hyperspace during the battle)
http://img134.imageshack.us/img134/...ourer213tv6.jpg
http://img140.imageshack.us/img140/...ourer214bp5.jpg
http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/...urer215sli0.jpg
http://img64.imageshack.us/img64/93...ourer217yj3.jpg
http://img260.imageshack.us/img260/...ourer218wg5.jpg

I think it’s safe to say that Surfer alone has Red Shift beaten hands down in overall power department.And again my guy has all of Surfer’s powers plus the combined strength and durability of Hercules and Lex’s suit(as well as the suits other abilities), and uber offensive/defensive weapon like Cap’s shield and Cap‘s skill at using it, an uber mystic weapon like the Sword of Light and Black Knight’s skill at using it.

That just leaves Morg and like Stardust, I DO credit him with being somewhere on Surfer’s level. But like also Stardust just being on Surfer’s level doesn’t make you Surfer’s equal. Morg’s raw power is impressive, but he’s really just a more powerful version of Terrax, all brawn with no brain to back it. That isn’t necessarily a hindrance when you’re as powerful as Morg but as this fight clearly demonstrates, Surfer has Morg beaten in raw power as well as finesse…

http://img122.imageshack.us/img122/...nual0722sr0.jpg
http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/73...nual0723jk8.jpg
http://img122.imageshack.us/img122/...nual0724mt8.jpg
http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/46...nual0725nb7.jpg
http://img122.imageshack.us/img122/...nual0726do3.jpg
http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/67...nual0727mo1.jpg
http://img122.imageshack.us/img122/...nual0728ag4.jpg
http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/...nual0729kk3.jpg
http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/...ual07303ff4.jpg
http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/...nual0732ry8.jpg

My character is FAR more powerful than the Surfer alone, and Surfer himself has each of my opponents beaten on both power and versatility. All it’s going to take is one touch to add my opponents powers to my own and it’ll increase that gap even further.

Old Post May 13th, 2008 10:04 PM
darthgoober

Originally posted by Bentley
I have a question regarding the time bomb: The last one you made was supposed to open automatically as the match started, I'm not going to fanthom how do you know exactly when the match starts, but rather ask you about the previously described creation process. Last time you said you had the technology knowledge of Reed and Luthor combined to assure that the bomb would explode in time zero, my question is: How do you justify the "intelligence boost" having seen the SA's defeat against Phyla-vell in the imitating intelligence department. Reed is a very creative inventor, how do you justify that SA can mimic that if he has no inner creativity?

Well I know that my prep's only going to last 15 minutes, so that's how I know when the match is going to start. As for the rest, I don't have Reed's creativeness but I DO have his book knowledge...
http://img149.imageshack.us/img149/...sv128805in9.jpg

http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/...sv128912ip6.jpg

It's a fine line, but them's comics for ya.

Old Post May 13th, 2008 10:16 PM
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Evangel94
Please do not disrupt the thread

**** you. smile

You do not have 1000 posts, so there is no reason for you to even say anything in this thread.

To tell you how ****ing bad your tourney is that's reason enough for me.

-Evangel94

We know who you are unfortunately, no need to sign your posts, your not worthwhile enough to do it anyway.

You ****ing fail.

Old Post May 13th, 2008 11:11 PM
12345678910 is currently offline Click here to Send 12345678910 a Private Message Find more posts by 12345678910 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote