KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Battlezone » Smurph/PR Vs. Bran/Akuki

Smurph/PR Vs. Bran/Akuki
Started by: Newjak

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

Smurph/PR Vs. Bran/Akuki

Hello then and good luck to everyone for this match.

It will be Monday 7:00 EST to Saturday EST.

Location: The prison. This is an old super powered containment area. On a planet like Earth but completely barren of life and covered completely with sand.

The prison is roughly the size and shape of the Empire State Building but under ground. The prison has long since been abandoned. All the power is off save one spot in the very bottom reserved the most powerful people.

This is the only active power nullfier unit still left operational and is still going. Any person within the unit, which is 15 yards by 15 Yards and 20 yards, will automatically lose their powers becoming a human stat wise. This is even if they possess an alien style body. The Unit is made out of tough metal(Slightly below adamantium).

Prep Time: I'm trying something a little different for this round. The prep time will be thirty relative minutes. That means no matter how fast you can move or think you will still only have thirty minutes to work with. Thus Snailman and the human light speeder would still have the same exact amount of prep time to work in and still have the opportunity to get the same amount done.

Judges: Ha-Son, Newjak, illadelph12

Each side receives 8 posts with which to get their point across.

Akuki has forfeited his prep, as per rules on the first page Bran now can only field 3 characters.

Here is the rule:
quote: (post)
Originally posted by Fuzzy Hawkeye

Should a user win without their partner there, they will be granted 3 point. If a user is without their partner. The match will be a 6 on 3.

Come out fighting and let's get it on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post May 26th, 2008 11:00 PM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

This is both PR's and Smurph's opening post...

quote:

Zeitgeist wrote on May 25th, 2008 01:02 PM:

Operation: Overkill

Smurph’s Prep

Team:

Deity – Meggan/Firestorm
Mythic – Jor-El/Ray
Animal Man – Buddy

Prep:

ANIMAL MAN:

-Animal Man’s going to copy Jor-El’s kryptonian physiology and a Sun Eater’s solar absorption/projection. Then, using an advanced form of cellular mitosis, Animal Man will replicate himself six times, creating six brand new kryptonian Buddys.

DEITY:

-She’s going to copy Jor-El’s physiology, giving her kryptonian stats.
-She’s going to work with Jor-El’s brilliant mind to make solar absorption suits akin to what Superboy Prime was wearing. Jor-El’s the Reed Richards to a race that makes Batman’s IQ look meager. Jor-El also has access to the ability to insta-create whatever he conceives. This won’t be a problem.
-She makes a suit for herself, Animal Man and Mythic.

Deity's then going to fill each suit to the brim with solar energy.

MYTHIC:

Manchester Black is going to pluck the designs for a Phantom Zone Projector from Jor-El’s brain. He’s then going to give the concepts to Mythic and Deity, who will then recreate enough to arm each member of my team.

Phantom Zone Projector: One of Jor-El’s greatest inventions… shaped like a handgun, whoever is targeted by it when it fires receives a one-way ticket to the phantom zone. Modern versions of it include Super Nova’s suit and the “Blue Arrow” that was used against Superboy Prime.

MYTHIC/DEITY/ANIMAL MAN-

They’re all going to receive mental imprints via Manchester Black of Wonder Woman’s fighting skills and the application of those fighting skills at super speed.

Pr/Raoul's Prep

Wonder Woman/Manchester Black
Kimiyo Hoshi/Bart Allen
Firestorm (Jason)

Kimiyo/Bart lends Firestorm as much speed as is needed to put Firestorm moving as fast as he possibly can.

Wonder Woman/Manchester Black links the entire team telepathically, letting everyone know what the plan is.

Firestorm uses his speed to turn 15 seconds into 15 relative minutes (though even without the speed, I’m sure he could do what I’m planning in 15 seconds anyways), and then he creates a large (lets say, 30ftx30ft, or roughly 10metresx10metres) block of promethium (DC’s adamantium equivalent).

He de-molecularises the promethium, bonding some of it to his molecular structure. This increases his durability considerably, the promethium acting almost as a suit of armour, while still light enough not to weaken his mobility or speed. He splits up the rest into thousands of spheres each one’s surface covered with razor sharp spikes, individually about the size of golf balls.

Now, a golf ball is on average about 1.68 inches high (link), which means 7.15 balls to 1ft.

7.15 golf balls = 1 ft
51.1225 golf balls = 1 sq ft
1532 golf balls = 30 sq. foot.

That’s 1532 golf ball sized spheres.

Hollowing out each one, he creates an airtight energy field inside, and fills the hollow, energy surrounded area with concentrated anti-matter. He weakens the energy field enough that contact with any surface will shatter the sphere, collapsing the field (or if he simply chooses so, he can mentally destabilise the field), forcing the anti-matter to collide with any matter lying around, which includes oxygen molecules, the parts of the shattered sphere, and even the matter that makes up our opponents. As stated in comics and in general science, any interaction between matter and anti-matter produces a massive energy release (usually caled annihilation, but more akin to a nuclear detonation), which would completely destroy anything within its detonation range.

link to anti-matter info

one example: one pound of anti matter is enough to power the entire united states for an entire day, and is also equal to nineteen and a half megatons...

what is anti-matter? the link above, states:

"Simply put, antimatter is a fundamental particle of regular matter with its electrical charge reversed. The common proton has an antimatter counterpart called the antiproton. It has the same mass but an opposite charge. The electron's counterpart is called a positron."

firestorm wouldnt be worth his salt if he couldnt reverse the charge... and to boot, here's Firestorm using matter combining with anti-matter to hurt

Alexander Luthor’s superpowered form:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v...anned-03-22.jpg

this shows that jason has examined antimatter closely, and should have no problem replicating it...

He then converts the spheres into pure osmium, which has a density of 22,610 kg per CUBIC METER.

So that’s:

1532 golf ball sized matter/anti-matter balls.

Battle

Our guys start at the top floor of the prison.

The Bart/Kimiyo combi, from the outset, races along the first few floors of the prison (let's say, half of them), Kimiyo bending the light around them so that they’re invisible. At lightspeed, they’re literally gone and back again almost instantly. Now, after figuring out the locations of every ventilation, elevator and maintenance hatch, Our Japanese flash moves to Jason Firestorm’s position, and after modifying the spheres so that they too are invisible, starts launching them down the aforementioned shafts. That's not all, though. Using Black's telepathic and telekinetic abilities, several hundred of the spheres are left at key access points throughout the structure. If anyone gets within a few feet of them, Black's now peerless reflexes telekinetically detonate the spheres.

Imagine a fifty megaton nuke going off inside of your eye socket, then multiply it by a factor of about ten thousand, and you begin to get the picture... so before people ask 'well what if they dodge the spheres?', let me answer. This is a blast hundreds of thousands megatons in power, the entire complex is going to be lethally dangerous, so much so that even our team is in danger, well, it would be if we hadn't prepared for this contingency.

As i said, an explosion that big might even kill our team, but not when everyone gets behind diana/black, who uses those magic bracelets to form the aegis shield at the same time firestorm (both of em) redirects any energy thrown our way, focusing it back towards the lower levels like a parabolic mirror...

After Paul’s initial attack, they’re going to sweep the place for survivors. NINE continuously sundipped Kryptonians (something graciuously provided by Kimiyo beaming sunlight to everyone while using Bart's speed to make sure she never gets hit, and by the SBP suits stuffed with raidation), all more powerful than a sundipped Superman because of their other powers, with Wonder Woman’s superspeed fighting and reactions. That's not even counting the WW/Black combination. Black himself is a top level TP, arguably on par with J’onn as evidenced by his many battles against the Man of Steel. Hell, he even removed Clark's consciousness and swapped it with Bizarro's at one point... With Wonder Woman's stats added to that, his TP will be simply DEVASTATING. Faster reflexes, faster thought processes. He PWNS.

NINE sundipped Kryptonians. a Wonder Woman/Manchester Black combination, and a spare Firestorm. And they’re ALL armed with guns that will send their opponents straight to the phantom zone.

End match.

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post May 26th, 2008 11:08 PM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

quote:

Mr. Slippyfist wrote on May 25th, 2008 08:13 PM:
For my side, I'm going to take Cova, Juggastar, and Guardian.

Cova - Nova, and Cable

Juggastar - Juggernaut, and Northstar
You might as well call him Northstar... with more durability, strength, unlimited stamina, and the power of unstoppability. He needs basically no time to get use to his powers... at all.

Guardian - Self explanatory.

---

Prep:

My guys will go to the very top of the prison.

Cable will try to work with his newfound powers a little bit, and Juggy really needs nothing.

So anyway, with about 5 minutes left, Cable collects as much sand as he can, and puts it in a tk bubble.

---

Now for the battle.

As soon as the battle starts, I will mind scan for the opponents (I only need to find one mind).
http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/4949/cd00210ku7.jpg

Then, I will teleport all the sand on top of all of the opponents in an effort to get it in their eyes.

Then with Cable, I'm going to teleport Juggastar right behind the opponents (and if by the odd chance he took the option to be in a place where he can't be teleported behind, I'll teleport beside him).
http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/...200414brqq9.jpg

What happens next, is I have Juggastar 'speedblitz' everyone...
Northstar's speed is enough to unleash a thousand blows a second.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v...n-One084_22.jpg

A hundred blows a second (which seems like a single blow). It's against his teammate as well... so I felt like pointing that out.
http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d...Flight12-19.jpg

Now, add in the strength of Juggernaut (most powerful Hulk, besides Raging Stomp Hulk):
http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/.../wwh_juggs3.jpg

A hundred to a thousand blows a second, with the power to hurt Hulk/make him bleed with one blow?
Ya, that's going to be a deadly combo. I almost can bet that none of your guys can last 2 seconds against that kind of power. After I KO one of your guys, I move on. And seeing as there's six... it should only take 6 seconds. However, I won't go through that route - I'll just say that some fast KO's will be dealt out.

Also, since I guarantee shields will be raised... well... Juggastar is unstoppable. Flying at ridiculous speeds, and hitting a shield will shatter one more than likely.

Cova and Guardian will be standing by where they started... but sort of to the side, just in case. So, that leaves room for more stuff to be done.

Good luck.

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post May 26th, 2008 11:10 PM
Kris Blaze
Restricted

Account Restricted

Alexander Luthor’s superpowered form:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v...anned-03-22.jpg

This link is broken.

I give you the only thing an Orange Lantern gives....Demands

Old Post May 27th, 2008 12:04 AM
Kris Blaze is currently offline Click here to Send Kris Blaze a Private Message Find more posts by Kris Blaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smurph
------

Old Post May 27th, 2008 12:05 AM
Smurph is currently offline Click here to Send Smurph a Private Message Find more posts by Smurph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

sleep

Old Post May 28th, 2008 08:04 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smurph
------

Shooting Fish in a Barrel.

We have 11 people who can keep up with Bran's one speedster... and thanks to the Phantom Zone Projectors, we each have the means to BFR you.

A pity Akuki couldn't have shown up to help Bran out. It's too bad he's gimped to three characters.

Old Post May 28th, 2008 10:14 PM
Smurph is currently offline Click here to Send Smurph a Private Message Find more posts by Smurph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

There are many problems with your guy's prep. I'll point out the ones that help me the most.
Not to disrespect you guys though, because I think the plan could/is beautiful... however, it's not sufficient here.

First off:

When has Animal Man replicated 'human' powers... let alone Kryptonian powers?
And when has he used cellular mitosis to replicate himself? Plus, he's going to replicate kryptonian powers 6 times?

I'd like to see some evidence, please. smile

Also, if any of this blast hits Wonder Woman... she's screwed, simply put. Her bracelets may be indestructible, but it depends on her strength to handle it.
Ex: Martian Manhunter knocked her down with a blast of HV.
And, even in her best feat of deflection; her arms were thrown back behind her head due to the blast.

She either doesn't hold out, or she gets thrown back, and smashes into people behind her... severely endangering your team, to a great chance of extermination... actually... 100% chance.
I don't think I need to go into more depth on this one...

Kamikaze, kamikaze!

---

As for what I'm doing:

I said I was going to get Juggernaut to teleport behind you. What does it matter how many people you might have, when I have the drop on you, and am able to deliver 100-1000 Hulk level punches in seemingly one fast blow? One shot in the face drops each one of your guys. A shot in the back of the head... does so as well. This is done in a second when you're all hurtled together.

And I don't see how you're going to fire the PZG's in this small area. And if you were to hit, it's as easy as grabbing a handful of your guys (as Juggy is so huge).

And to be honest, Juggy has the best chance here to survive the big bomb.

Plus, as I left Cable, and Mac open to anything. I will BFR your opponents right away. They are also in the same area, just in case questions are brought up (I'm at the top... you're at the top). I can see them together in formation.

With Mac, I'll teleport both Firestorms away from your heroes, lets try the middle of the skyscraper tall prison, shall we (Mac was able to teleport groups of heroes against their will... most notably Quasar)?

And with Cable, I'll teleport Mac to the null field at the bottom of the prison, as soon as he senses the explosion (he was able to react to Surfer cheapshotting him, and an on panel lightspeeder trying to hit him... this explosion will not travel near that fast).

Allow me to explain of course.

Teleporting both Firestorms away will leave WW to the task of going up against that explosion all to herself... and apparently judging by your plan with Firestorm, it will the leave the sides open, for your guys to get completely decimated by the explosion... even if WW can somehow defend against the whole thing.

Plus, there is absolutely no way that the two Firestorms can defend themselves together against the massive explosion coming all around them... take into account that they have to react to it, and comprehend what just happened, and where are they?
And he's not reversing a blasts this powerful in the process.

And of course... my move on Mac. You see, according to Newjack, the little room with the null field is like unbreakable. A one way entrance as well. So, Mac might be depowered in there, but he's the only one who doesn't have to deal with the blast at all. So, even if you manage to take out Juggy, I'll still have one left.

And, if I have any more time left with Cable after teleporting Mac, I'll try to give your WW/friends thing one more chance at hell. It doesn't matter, but I might as well try. Cable most likely dies here, as he's by himself against the blast, but, a small price to pay, when you solo your whole team.

And let's be serious here, if I move at all, it will go off. If I stand there it will probably go off as well, so the big blast will probably go off a tiny bit after you finish laying them down.

---

Basically, the only thing I have to do is teleport the two Firestorms (if even), and teleport Mac away.

Not important, but your plan with Animal Man seems highly questionable at best. Especially when you didn't even make it seem plausible with evidence; it was just thrown out there.

WW can't hold off the entire blast. The rest of your team will be doing nothing now, but getting drilled by Juggernaut. Hell, it's conceivable that Juggernaut can solo all the people with WW. I mean, I have the drop on them, and am extremely fast/strong.
Also, the blast most likely couldn't even take Juggy down, but meh.

And Mac is comfortable, completely away from the blast.

---

You basically soloed your whole team, I just played chess.

Last edited by One Big Mob on May 29th, 2008 at 05:27 AM

Old Post May 29th, 2008 05:23 AM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smurph
------

Originally posted by Mr. Slippyfist
There are many problems with your guy's prep. I'll point out the ones that help me the most.
Not to disrespect you guys though, because I think the plan could/is beautiful... however, it's not sufficient here.

First off:

When has Animal Man replicated 'human' powers... let alone Kryptonian powers?
And when has he used cellular mitosis to replicate himself? Plus, he's going to replicate kryptonian powers 6 times?
He can now, as of 52, replicate any animal form in the universe. Even the properties of something as powerful as a Sun Eater. He's also replicated B'wana Beast's telepathy before, an alien during the Crisis, and a number of things the form of which he didn't even know. He can replicate anything connected to the morphogenic field.

As for cloning...

http://img3.imageshack.us/my.php?im...nimalmen1pc.jpg

I'd like to see some evidence, please. smile

Also, if any of this blast hits Wonder Woman... she's screwed, simply put. Her bracelets may be indestructible, but it depends on her strength to handle it.
Ex: Martian Manhunter knocked her down with a blast of HV.
And, even in her best feat of deflection; her arms were thrown back behind her head due to the blast.
She summons the aegis shield when she crosses her bracelets... this has held off a pantheon of gods, individuals who could stomp all over the justice league.

We have Firestorms capable of moving at lightspeed, who can turn the energy to sunlight if they wish.

Which just makes us stronger.

Meggan can also absorb the energy.

---

As for what I'm doing:

I said I was going to get Juggernaut to teleport behind you. What does it matter how many people you might have, when I have the drop on you, and am able to deliver 100-1000 Hulk level punches in seemingly one fast blow? One shot in the face drops each one of your guys. A shot in the back of the head... does so as well. This is done in a second when you're all hurtled together.
There's 11 of us capable of moving at lightspeed... and Diana's reflexes and MA skills which we all now possess, ridiculously surpass anything that Northstar's capable of.

You seem to think that you can teleport, take out 11 people with better skills and reflexes, before we... turn around.

And I don't see how you're going to fire the PZG's in this small area. And if you were to hit, it's as easy as grabbing a handful of your guys (as Juggy is so huge).

And to be honest, Juggy has the best chance here to survive the big bomb.
Juggy is the biggest, for sure. Biggest target. And he's up against 11 people with faster reflexes and better skills that can BFR him with the press of a button.

We won't even set off the bomb until we know that you're in danger. Or your partners. Seeing as we'll be activating them manually... we're actually not in danger at all.

Plus, as I left Cable, and Mac open to anything. I will BFR your opponents right away. They are also in the same area, just in case questions are brought up (I'm at the top... you're at the top). I can see them together in formation.

With Mac, I'll teleport both Firestorms away from your heroes, lets try the middle of the skyscraper tall prison, shall we (Mac was able to teleport groups of heroes against their will... most notably Quasar)?

And with Cable, I'll teleport Mac to the null field at the bottom of the prison, as soon as he senses the explosion (he was able to react to Surfer cheapshotting him, and an on panel lightspeeder trying to hit him... this explosion will not travel near that fast).
You left Cable and Mac open, all right.

Open to attack.

Speedsters alone, we've got almost triple what you have and they each are superior to a kryptonian. Most of them surpass a sundipped kryptonian. They all also possess a PZP, and lets not even delve into their esoteric powers (invisibility, intense telepathy, matter manipulation?)

They all possess Diana's reflexes and skills.

They all move at lightspeed.

And they're each capable of one-shotting your entire team.

And you have... Cable and Mac.

Allow me to explain of course.

Teleporting both Firestorms away will leave WW to the task of going up against that explosion all to herself... and apparently judging by your plan with Firestorm, it will the leave the sides open, for your guys to get completely decimated by the explosion... even if WW can somehow defend against the whole thing.

Plus, there is absolutely no way that the two Firestorms can defend themselves together against the massive explosion coming all around them... take into account that they have to react to it, and comprehend what just happened, and where are they?
And he's not reversing a blasts this powerful in the process.
Wonder Woman alone could take the blast. And they all move as fast as her. And there won't be an explosion so long as we'd be left open to your attack.

And of course... my move on Mac. You see, according to Newjack, the little room with the null field is like unbreakable. A one way entrance as well. So, Mac might be depowered in there, but he's the only one who doesn't have to deal with the blast at all. So, even if you manage to take out Juggy, I'll still have one left.
If everybody was dead save Mac, we can set off the explosion to funnel through that one-way entrance, leaving you no escape.

We can have Manchester Black tele-rape you.

Wonder Woman can go in there and kick your ass alone... or we all can since we have her fighting skills.

The rest of the post is basically a recap of everything I've rebutted.

If there's any other proof required, name and we shall provide.

Old Post May 30th, 2008 04:24 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I WAS going to write some big-ass post, but to be honest, i'd just be repeating what smurph said...

he's shown that animal man is more than capable of accomplishing what's been set out...

the teleporting behind us trick won't work given that our team's speed and reflexes are at the very LEAST equal to the juggernaut/northstar combi... hell, black would sense the presence of another mind (and ww's reflexes are arguably as good as anyone's), or the kryptonians could sense the diplacement of the air and react (in all likelihood) before the cain/jean paul combo can cause any considerable damage...

the BFR tactic is shaky at best given what we've brought to the table... the argument that the pz guns are useless is pretty flawed too, considering an ARROW was capable of causing the dimensional gateway to open that leads to the phantom zone... yet our team has the guy who wrote the book on the phantom zone, and coupled with diana's accuracy, yeah, we aren't missing...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post May 31st, 2008 08:54 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

Originally posted by Zeitgeist
*Animal Man part*

So... essentially, you have him absorbing animals. Alien animals, but animals none-the-less. If he could replicate powers such as Wonder Woman/Superman, you'd think he would have done so.
Hell, even in 52, after the people who gave him his powers, upgraded him, they told him that in order to live, he had to find an "animal power". Apparently, Sun-Eaters are animals if you tried to bring that up as proof. And he only copied their migration maps, and homing abilities.
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/...ic/scan0014.jpg
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/...ic/scan0015.jpg

OK, just wanted to see if it was provable. However, when has he ever done this with powers as well?

She summons the aegis shield when she crosses her bracelets... this has held off a pantheon of gods, individuals who could stomp all over the justice league.

We have Firestorms capable of moving at lightspeed, who can turn the energy to sunlight if they wish.

Which just makes us stronger.

Meggan can also absorb the energy.
No that's not true at all.
She deflected the God's attack 15 degrees using her bracelets and strength (which is how she deflects stuff). I personally have never seen this 'all powerful shield'. If you have proof of it being powerful, could you show me?
Also, her arms were thrown right back when she deflected this attack with her unbreakable bracelets. And it says right on panel that they connect with her bracelets...
http://img91.imageshack.us/my.php?i...lection40gj.jpg

Also, MM was able to throw her off:
http://s167.photobucket.com/albums/...mscomics101.jpg

I personally have no idea how she's going to withstand this blast.

Firestorm(s) won't be helping the team though. And, when they're teleported, they'll be disoriented and he'll have no time to really react. And, the biggest thing he's ever transmuted pales in comparison to this thing, and this will be coming at all sides... so... really, he's screwed too.

Meggan will absorb the energy? Are you serious? I thought that the Firestorms were going to transmute the energy. This doesn't even make a lick of sense. So, Meggan/Firestorm will be absorbing and transmuting energy? That won't work.
Or, you must have forgotten that Meggan was fused with Firestorm...

There's 11 of us capable of moving at lightspeed... and Diana's reflexes and MA skills which we all now possess, ridiculously surpass anything that Northstar's capable of.

You seem to think that you can teleport, take out 11 people with better skills and reflexes, before we... turn around.

Even if there was 11 of you, moving at Jor-El's speed (I don't remember Jor-El really doing that much in comics, let alone moving at lightspeed), it matters little when you're suddenly getting hit with over a 100 attacks.
And Diana could barely fight a retarded Superman's attacks. How are they supposed to help when a confirmed 99.9% lightspeeder in combat is attacking her (skills/reflexes)? They possess her dazzle, but it's not enough to really prove anything as ineffective when you're dealing with this range of speed/power.

Plus, reflexes? Did you just throw this out? Because you certainly haven't proved it. As well as, we aren't having a reaction war, so even if your reflexes were theoretically better, it means nothing when my attacks are fast enough to tag you every time. What do I have to react to? Your guys standing still at the start, and then moving their heads when I'm throwing top Flash level speed attacks? Really.
erm

And I never said it was going to happen before you turn around, I said it was going to happen in like a second.
Not to mention, you don't even seem to know what you're doing after this happens. You say skill like it means something, but the times WW has been hit by things less than even the speed of sound is astounding.
You also mention the PZG a couple times, and yes, this could work, if you manage to pull it off. You have to turn around, aim, click, and the thing has to work before your head turns into paste.
You also have you saying skill, and PZG in the same breath... which completely rules each other out, since you can't have both.

Juggy is the biggest, for sure. Biggest target. And he's up against 11 people with faster reflexes and better skills that can BFR him with the press of a button.
There's a reason I mentioned his size. Because, it's easier to grab all of the guys hurtled together if I am blasted by the PZG. To BFR your guys along with Juggy that is.

Plus, so what are you actually doing? You mention your skills, yet you mention that you can BFR me in the press of a button?
Are you going to 'outskill' me and then BFR me? That makes no sense, and not to mention risky as shit if it works.

Plus, this is a small space behind WW, how effective is a 'gun' going to be in such a tiny area, with this many people?

We won't even set off the bomb until we know that you're in danger. Or your partners. Seeing as we'll be activating them manually... we're actually not in danger at all.
Well... now I'm confused.

Because you just changed your argument.

quote:
Using Black's telepathic and telekinetic abilities, several hundred of the spheres are left at key access points throughout the structure. If anyone gets within a few feet of them, Black's now peerless reflexes telekinetically detonate the spheres.

You switched from me being just near them, to only activating them if you're in trouble.

I can't do anything debate wise if you change your arguments at the drop of a dime, as I don't know what could happen next - Are you just not going to set off the bombs anymore at all? And I thought that it was considered bad to change your arguments... meh, what do I know...

Also, before it's brought up, like I said, the chance of me being near a bomb is really good... so like I said (sticking to the original argument), the bombs will go off right away.

You left Cable and Mac open, all right.

Open to attack.

Speedsters alone, we've got almost triple what you have and they each are superior to a kryptonian. Most of them surpass a sundipped kryptonian. They all also possess a PZP, and lets not even delve into their esoteric powers (invisibility, intense telepathy, matter manipulation?)

They all possess Diana's reflexes and skills.

They all move at lightspeed.

And they're each capable of one-shotting your entire team.

And you have... Cable and Mac.
Open to attack? How so?

Oh wait... nevermind. If you hadn't changed your plan, then as soon as the battle started, the bombs would have went off.

If everybody was dead save Mac, we can set off the explosion to funnel through that one-way entrance, leaving you no escape.

We can have Manchester Black tele-rape you.

Wonder Woman can go in there and kick your ass alone... or we all can since we have her fighting skills.

The rest of the post is basically a recap of everything I've rebutted.

If there's any other proof required, name and we shall provide.
laughing out loud
The one way entrance door?

And how would you even know I'm there? Are you going to have Black sense me out when WW is defending against the blast? Logic tells me that trying to use TP, and defending against a humongous blast is a bad idea. Loss of concentration. Or did you forget that WW and MB are fused together?

You have a lot of 'can's', but not a lot of 'wills'. I 'can' break your team in half, but I 'will' let you kill yourself. You see how that works?

You don't even have a solid plan (no offense).

At first you were going to set off the bombs when we went near them. Now you're going to set them off when you're in trouble (which would be bad for you guys, since you won't be aligned in case the bomb does go off due to you).

After that, it's a lot of scattered 'cans'. I don't know what you're going to do. You apparently don't know what you're going to do. The judges don't know what you're going to do. How do you expect to win when your team is basically doing nothing? You can't have 'cans' without doing something.

---

Either way, since this is probably my last post:

Both Firestorms are removed from WW's side.
WW can't defend against this blast, and the blast will be coming from the sides I think (due to me thinking that the FS's will be at her side due to you making it seem so), and will obliterate all.
The Firestorms will most likely be disoriented, and overwhelmed by the explosion (also due to one doing nothing, since he's transmuting, and absorbing energy laughing out loud ).

And to make matters worse... as just an added filler:

Juggernaut will be attacking your guys from behind. It's highly irrelevant if he does any damage at all, but it helps. If he doesn't get BFR'ed (well, he shouldn't, since you're going to be using skill and PSG's on him... errr), then he will survive since he's completely invulnerable.

And of course, MY guy is the last one standing, due to unbreakable casing, and hiding in it.

Guardian wins.

Good battle. smile

Last edited by One Big Mob on Jun 2nd, 2008 at 08:21 AM

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2008 08:17 AM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

Originally posted by Raoul
I WAS going to write some big-ass post, but to be honest, i'd just be repeating what smurph said...

he's shown that animal man is more than capable of accomplishing what's been set out...

the teleporting behind us trick won't work given that our team's speed and reflexes are at the very LEAST equal to the juggernaut/northstar combi... hell, black would sense the presence of another mind (and ww's reflexes are arguably as good as anyone's), or the kryptonians could sense the diplacement of the air and react (in all likelihood) before the cain/jean paul combo can cause any considerable damage...

the BFR tactic is shaky at best given what we've brought to the table... the argument that the pz guns are useless is pretty flawed too, considering an ARROW was capable of causing the dimensional gateway to open that leads to the phantom zone... yet our team has the guy who wrote the book on the phantom zone, and coupled with diana's accuracy, yeah, we aren't missing...
No he hasn't. He's shown that Animal Man can replicate animals(wait, he didn't show anything... nevermind), not Kryptonians.
And admittedly, he's proven that AM can replicate (although it wasn't with powers).

Black would sense hi...
Wait... Black wouldn't sense him. Juggastar has his helmet to block out tp, or have your forgotten? And what would Black do then? Tell everyone telepathically? Heh.
Sense the displacement in the air? Before Juggastar starts punching? I'm sorry, but no. Seriously. Plus, would these n00b K-nites even know what that meant?

How is it flawed? You brought absolutely nothing to the table to go against Firestorms getting BFR'ed (if that's what you're talking about).

I never said they are useless. Where did you get this from?
In fact, I even acknowledged it would/could work if fired/hit. I just said that it's hard to fire in a small space like so, and could result in a Juggernaut armful of your team getting BFR'ed as well.

Diana's accuracy? With guns? laughing out loud

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2008 08:33 AM
illadelph
aka Rakim Illa

This match is actually pretty easy to judge (as compared to the other).

Bran presented practically no defense for the explosion except teleporting Guardian down into a power negating cell (which will be buried in rubble if there's anything left of the building at all given the bombs were dropped down the ventilation system), and leaving all the fighting up to Juggernaut because Cable will likely die in the blast. I'm not exactly sure what this plan hoped to accomplish. Even if Juggs can survive the blast, visibility would be nearly zero due to smoke and debris, and Juggs doesn't exactly have the best senses in the world. How is he going to be able to see his opponents to attack them at ground zero of a thermonuclear matter/anti-matter explosion? And by the time the smoke does clear they'll be able to see him as well, and in a physical confrontation the odds are stacked against Juggs (nearly all of your opponents can move just as fast as you can, and you're at a severe disadvantage in numbers and versatility that punches, even fast punches, simply can't overcome), and that's if he doesn't just get sent to the Phantom Zone.

Eh...

Judge's Vote:

Smurph & PR

PSN: Illadelph12Prime, Haksaw_Jim_Thugn - Tumblr: Mighty-Illactus
>Z<

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2008 11:50 PM
illadelph is currently offline Click here to Send illadelph a Private Message Find more posts by illadelph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vally-Doosh
Restricted

Account Restricted

Both teams did a great job debating. However, I feel the team of Paul/Smurph edged Bran. Bran provided no real defense against the 500,000 megatons blast. His argument of Paul/Smurph megaton blast attack being suicide is incorrect as Paul/Smurph defended themselves from their own attack by firestorm ability to redirect the attack and WW braclets. Bran's plan relied heavily on a speedblitz but it's impossible to speedblitz sundipped Krytonians, a wonder woman/manchester black amalgam, a kid flash/ doctor light (female) amalgam etc.

I think Bran was at a disadvantage as he had to debate alone, otherwise he did an excellent job. However, for this debate my vote goes to the team of Paul/Smurph.

Jason says:
what am I supposed to do?
Jon says:
clean your apt before she moves in? buy some pink bed sheets? scented candles?
Jason says:
wait, u have pink bed sheets?
Jon says:
ive said too much

Last edited by Vally-Doosh on Jun 3rd, 2008 at 04:06 PM

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2008 04:04 PM
Vally-Doosh is currently offline Click here to Send Vally-Doosh a Private Message Find more posts by Vally-Doosh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

Originally posted by illadelph12
This match is actually pretty easy to judge (as compared to the other).

Bran presented practically no defense for the explosion except teleporting Guardian down into a power negating cell (which will be buried in rubble if there's anything left of the building at all given the bombs were dropped down the ventilation system), and leaving all the fighting up to Juggernaut because Cable will likely die in the blast. I'm not exactly sure what this plan hoped to accomplish. Even if Juggs can survive the blast, visibility would be nearly zero due to smoke and debris, and Juggs doesn't exactly have the best senses in the world. How is he going to be able to see his opponents to attack them at ground zero of a thermonuclear matter/anti-matter explosion? And by the time the smoke does clear they'll be able to see him as well, and in a physical confrontation the odds are stacked against Juggs (nearly all of your opponents can move just as fast as you can, and you're at a severe disadvantage in numbers and versatility that punches, even fast punches, simply can't overcome), and that's if he doesn't just get sent to the Phantom Zone.
Eh...

Judge's Vote:

Smurph & PR
"This match is actually pretty easy to judge"

that surprises me, i was expecting a draw because a 500 gigaton nuclear/anti-matter detonation inside a metal bunker underground totally surrounded by dense minerals was unavoidably self-sacrificial. you can't just shunt a nuke, especially in confined quarters lol.

i mean, the little boy device was under 20 kilotons and had a 5 mile effect (over pressure wave 2 + light/radiation fires 3) and that bomb was a failure in the sense that half the plutonium-238 fissioned, the 500 gigaton detonation they created would destroy the whole moon, even at half power.

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2008 05:33 PM
psycho gundam is currently offline Click here to Send psycho gundam a Private Message Find more posts by psycho gundam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
illadelph
aka Rakim Illa

Yeah, but the citizens of Hiroshima and Nagasaki weren't standing behind a magic forcefield (which, on panel, has shunted blasts of similar magnitude. See the Superboy Prime Vs. Monarch battle) with 2 high end energy manipulators right next to it redirecting and altering the harmful energy as it comes at them...

...it was very easy...

..."as compared to the other match"...

PSN: Illadelph12Prime, Haksaw_Jim_Thugn - Tumblr: Mighty-Illactus
>Z<

Last edited by illadelph on Jun 3rd, 2008 at 06:49 PM

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2008 06:36 PM
illadelph is currently offline Click here to Send illadelph a Private Message Find more posts by illadelph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

Bran was by far at a huge disadvantage in this fight. Not only did he not have a partner he barely had time to post cause of his computer.

I could have seen where in this battle Bran had some good things going for him but he was not able to capitalize on them. I don't care who you are a Very Fast Juggernaut is hard to overcome, but he still has massive versatility problems. Which I think PR/Smurph's team was able to use quite nicely.

I don't think anyone else on Bran's team would have survived.

Vote: PR/Smurph

Winners: PR/Smurph and they will receive 2 points for a team win.

Although Bran will still receive 1 point for not having a teammate in this match.

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2008 09:15 PM
One Big Mob
Dead

Heh... I got raped in the judge decisions. laughing out loud

Anyway, good battle. thumb up

Old Post Jun 8th, 2008 08:29 PM