KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Battlezone » Challenge to Debaters

Challenge to Debaters
Started by: Blair Wind

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (10): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Blair Wind
The Iron Avenger

Challenge to Debaters

The Blair Wind Project/The Smurph-Is-Awesome Project

Smurph and I are considering hosting a tournament. Around Ironman level - gives for the most versatility in levels. Teams of four characters, single or team posters.

Rules are pending if there is interest in such a tournament. Let us know.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Original Smurph
FIGHT CLUB:

1. This will be a Ironman (with Extremis)/High Meta Tournament. The characters do not need to be less powerful than Ironman himself, simply in the same power class. If there is a dispute as to how powerful a person is, Blair and Smurph will make executive decisions regarding them. There are no limits on how powerful your characters can be as a team.
An appearance minimum of 10 comics must be achieved for all characters. Those under 10 appearances will be reviewed by both Blair and Smurph, and an executive decision will be made to allow them or not.

2. No offensive matter manipulation. Only the elements of the battlefield or teammates can be altered.

3. Time manip is allowed, but not full fledged time travel (which no character within limits should have anyways), and not used as an attack (ie, ageing people incredibly fast).

4. No one-hit kill (OHK) abilities (example: dismemberment via teleportation of limbs/objects into vitals, etc.).

5. No access to the battlefield prior to the beginning of combat. Teams will begin combat .5 kilometers away from each others' position.

6. Prep: Prep is allowed. You get 3 (three) minutes of prep per match. The default prep area is the X-men War Room with a visual of the battlefield you will be fighting in, and where you will be located (but not where your opponent will be). You will not have access to any other X-men facility/utility and that other than the hologram/visual, it should be assumed that anything in the room is mundane.

The only database/computer network you can use is regular internet. You can use Google. Google knows all. No hacking or use of private networks are allowed. Google exists on a multi-universal scale. Marvel/DC/any universe. However, it will not have wikipedia information, just news releases and the like.

This is google in a comic world- the characters you’re fighting aren’t considered fictional, they are more like celebrities with powers, so google information will change accordingly.

Battle Information: Combatants will be given general public information on their opponents (name, basic overview of powers - simple things like "Iceman controls cold" "Strong Man is Strong", or "Storm controls weather", etc), and place of origin. More in-depth information on your opponents can be gained via the use of character information someone on your team might have (assuming you have someone like that, i.e., opponent is Joker, you have Batman on your roster).

7. Tech: Creation of tech is not allowed during prep, however it is during the battle.
The technology can be used to amplify and enhance your characters.
No offensive implement with a greater payload than an independently powered, Extremis Ironman armor is allowed. Defensive technological implements (psi blockers, forcefield generators, armor) will be allowed, as well as communications devices and personal teleporters/means of transportation.

8. Experience is the only thing that carries over from battle to battle. You can not bring any implement that you acquired during the battle to the subsequent rounds. All you'll have is your memories/experiences/knowledge from the previous battle.

9. No amalgamation

10. Duplication/Self Replication: The ability to create copies of yourself (i.e. Multiple Man/Dupli-Kate/Animal Man's ability to replicate themselves) is officially nixed

These powers can’t be replicated through tech or any other means.

11. No CIS/PIS

12. Mind Control and Telepathy: Mind control of your opponent, be it by any means (telepathy, hypnosis, possession) is nixed. Offensive telepathic assault is allowed.

13. Each poster/team is allowed 10 combat posts plus 4 scan only posts (14 posts total each). Scan only posts are used to post evidence only, not arguments.

14. Battle Field Removal: Battle Field Removal (BFR; removing your opponent from the battlefield via teleportation, banishing, or exertion of force [bfr punching]) is banned.

Teams are confined to the surface area and airspace of the battlefield within the planets atmosphere. Abilities which require a character to momentarily travel extra dimensionally (Nightcrawler's teleportation, Spot's teleportation, etc.), and powers which allow a character to become momentarily out of phase/intangible (Martian intangibility/mass shunt, etc) are allowed. Voluntarily leaving the battlefield, indefinitely or otherwise, means you lose.

15. Power Copying/Negating: Characters that possess the ability to copy/negate the powers of other characters (i.e. Mimic/Leech/Synch) are nixed.

These powers can’t be replicated through tech or any other means.

16. Healing Factors: Healing factors are allowed, however if a person is nothing more than paste on the wall that will eventually re-grow itself, they have lost the match. This includes Deadpool and Wolverine. Mr. Immortal, if you so choose to select him, will be, for the purposes of this tournament, dead the first time he dies.

17. Speed Cap: Drafted characters can’t be capable of exceed mach 10 under their own power.

Note: this doesn’t ban thinking speed, reaction speed, etc.

18. Independent Constructs/Constructs: Independently acting constructs are officially banned. Constructs that are not independent must be in line with the power level of the tournament, unless somehow amped. 3 constructs are allowed.

19. Precognition/Clairvoyance: Spider-sense like/combat awareness abilities are perfectly legal. Complete future sight isn’t.

20. Probability Alteration/Luck Powers: Probability Alteration characters (a la Longshot, Shamrock, etc) are nixed.

21. Size Alteration/Shrinking Powers: Can’t draft characters capable of shrinking shorter than 1 cm.

22. Creativity is encouraged. Loopholes are to be sought. However, if we have missed something that allows you to be on the level of LT based on a loophole, expect it to be banned.

That being said, if you do find a loophole, or something else that the rules haven’t covered, talk to us first. PM or IM Smurph or Blair and give them a heads up- we could have already had the same situation with another poster and ruled it illegal.

We reserve the right to ban characters or strategies at any point in the tourney.

Scheduling/Battle Format:

Still up in the air. We haven’t decided if we’re doing a seeding format or not.

We’re considering having two separate pools- one for first-time tourney-goers, and one for vets. This is dependant on people, but I’d like to have a tourney that wasn’t a vet war, though those are nice matches to watch.

>010010100100000101010010010101100100100101010011<

Last edited by Badabing on Apr 3rd, 2009 at 02:16 AM

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2009 08:57 PM
Blair Wind is currently offline Click here to Send Blair Wind a Private Message Find more posts by Blair Wind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

put me down for interested.

and who won delph's last tournament anyway?

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2009 08:58 PM
psycho gundam is currently offline Click here to Send psycho gundam a Private Message Find more posts by psycho gundam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smurph
------

Blair and I didn't show up for two weeks to the final match, so Delph declared the other guys as winners. Meh. Probably fair.

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2009 08:59 PM
Smurph is currently offline Click here to Send Smurph a Private Message Find more posts by Smurph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HaSon

Cool. I'm in.

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2009 09:01 PM
HaSon is currently offline Click here to Send HaSon a Private Message Find more posts by HaSon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smurph
------

Originally posted by Vally Doosh
Cool. I'm in.
GTFO.

---------------------------------

FYI all, this will soon be in the new Tourney forum that's arriving.

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2009 09:03 PM
Smurph is currently offline Click here to Send Smurph a Private Message Find more posts by Smurph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HaSon

GTFO.

Alright. sad

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2009 09:05 PM
HaSon is currently offline Click here to Send HaSon a Private Message Find more posts by HaSon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

^that's the spirit.

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2009 09:09 PM
psycho gundam is currently offline Click here to Send psycho gundam a Private Message Find more posts by psycho gundam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Feron

how do you play?

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2009 09:11 PM
Lord Feron is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Feron a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Feron Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smurph
------

Originally posted by psycho gundam
^that's the spirit.
Have you not met Val?

----------------------------------
In more relevant news:

We've already got some people interested. Things are looking up.

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2009 09:11 PM
Smurph
------

Originally posted by Lord Feron
how do you play?
Everybody will draft four characters of Ironman-level power or below.

Then everybody will set up strategies for their team, and debate why their team and strategy would beat the other person.

Matches are held, judges will decide winners, until it eventually comes down to the final 4, then the final 2, then the winner.

If you want, I can grab examples of previous tournaments and matches. Digi has an awesome respect/reference thread for them...

Here

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2009 09:15 PM
kgkg
Vigilante

Winners get any prize?

Stay Thirsty, My Friends.

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2009 09:18 PM
kgkg is currently offline Click here to Send kgkg a Private Message Find more posts by kgkg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

Originally posted by Lord Feron
how do you play?
do some research on kmc tourneys by going over the past ones, trust me it will help if you want to do well. believe me, my debut in tournaments was piss poor because i didn't know better. (juggy gems still is the baddest mah phukka in dat bytch though stick out tongue )

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2009 09:19 PM
Smurph
------

Originally posted by kgkg
Winners get any prize?
Well, you'll get your own special spot in Digi's respect thread, you'll be respected by your online peers, eternal fame and glory, etc.

That, and personal satisfaction. Even simply doing good in one of these tournaments is no easy task, and it takes skill to go far.

So, if you think you're any good, this is how you prove it. Basically.

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2009 09:21 PM
Nihilist

Do you get to pick you're character's ?

Big thanks to Scythe

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2009 09:25 PM
Nihilist is currently offline Click here to Send Nihilist a Private Message Find more posts by Nihilist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

Must ..... resist .... gaaaaahhhhhhh ........

no expression

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2009 09:26 PM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

Can Val and I make a team?

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2009 09:27 PM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smurph
------

Originally posted by Nihilist
Do you get to pick you're character's ?
Yeah, we'll hold a draft. I'll give more details on how that will work later, but you'll definitely choose each character on your team.

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2009 09:27 PM
Smurph
------

Originally posted by Mindset
Can Val and I make a team?
Only if you call it Val and Jr. Val.

Posters can compete in teams if they want.

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2009 09:29 PM
Smurph
------

Originally posted by Scoobless
Must ..... resist .... gaaaaahhhhhhh ........

no expression
No, no Blair and I are hosting this one, not competing in it.

You have no reason to avoid it.

In all seriousness, Scoob, you know you wanna...

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2009 09:30 PM
Scoobless
sselboocS

No, no Blair and I are hosting this one, not competing in it.

You have no reason to avoid it.

In all seriousness, Scoob, you know you wanna...

I might wait and see how the rules/settings shape out.

Are you lmiting numbers?

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2009 09:55 PM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote