KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Battlezone » KMC UFC Ideas/Discussion Thread

KMC UFC Ideas/Discussion Thread
Started by: darthgoober

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
darthgoober

KMC UFC Ideas/Discussion Thread

Ok so here's what I was thinking...

We should have a running string of Battlezone matches to highlight those brickish characters that are so often ignored in regular tourney's. No amalgaming or fancy tactics, just two people beating the Hell out of each other in UFC(and sometimes WWE shifty ) fashion. We could set it up kinds like The UFWF in Marvel...(Link to UCWF info)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unlimi...ling_Federation

...with weight classes decided by how much the character can lift and each class can have a reigning "champion" that can be challenged at later dates.

I have some it worked out, but I'm looking for input and ideas from anyone who likes the sound of it. I'd prefer to have the whole thing completely mapped out before it gets going because my time on the computer is often limited and I don't have any plans on it ever ending. The more self running the whole deal is, the better. I can keep up with win/loss records, approving/assigning characters, and that kind of thing just fine, and I can step in for executive decisions when absolutely necessary, but I don't want to have lord over each individual match.

Anyway here's what I've cooked up so far...

Rules of KMC UFC.

1. All wrestler's must possess superhuman levels of strength and durability, or other powers(like tactile telekinesis) which give the appearance of superhuman strength durability.

2. Only one debater is allowed to rep a character in any kind of official capacity. You can "retire" your character anytime and select a new wrestler if your tired of your guy, but he becomes up for grabs as soon as you announce the switch(and no calling "dibbs" by anyone) so only switch if you're REALLY sure about it. If you happen to hold one of the UCWF "Titles" when you make the switch, you'll have to surrender it to the powers that be(namely me) upon taking up your new character. I'll decide how the new champion will be crowned, but will likely involve a simple match between top contenders or mini-tourney of sorts(depending on how much time I have available.

3. Everyone fights "in character"(this point can't be stressed enough).

Rules of the ring.

1. The only powers of a physical nature are allowed during matches.*

2. No weapons allowed.**

3. No one is allowed to move/react at faster than sound speeds. There are people in the audience and the sonic booms will drive away future crowds stick out tongue .

4. Fights can end via death, KO, 10 count pin, submission, and disqualification(for those of you who like to get sneaky with your picks).

5. All matches last a total of 7 days total, starting at the time of the opening post. There will be 5 days(120 hours EXACTLY) for the participants to debate, then another two days(48 hours) for people to vote on a winner. People who make arguments after the period for debating will be disqualified and votes after the voting period will be ignored.

*Exceptions can be made in regards to powers without a visible effect(like mind reading or probability alteration). These exceptions will be handled on a case by case basis at the time the character is chosen.

**Exceptions can be made in regards to "natural weapons"(like Wolverine's claws or Omega Red's tentacles) possessed by the character. These exceptions will be handled on a case by case basis at the time the character's chosen. Armor is allowed, but its offensive capabilities are limited just as powers/weapons are.

So... let me know what you think and offer any suggestions you may have.

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2009 04:29 AM
darthgoober is currently offline Click here to Send darthgoober a Private Message Find more posts by darthgoober Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

bring it

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2009 05:00 AM
psycho gundam is currently offline Click here to Send psycho gundam a Private Message Find more posts by psycho gundam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Lawl. Fighting "in character." I can think of a few good Mindless Hulk stand-ins.

Remove probability-altering characters entirely, imo. And ideally, it seems like you want to push for strictly "physical" attacks. So, for example, Omega Red's tentacles: ok. His death-affect hicky: not ok. Pheremones, telepathy, etc. etc. would seem to constitute non-physical as well. I think you're doing this already, but it could be made more explicit.

To make it fair, so that there isn't "I challenge {insert low meta} with {insert low herald}" you might want a championship belt for each tier class. So Iron Man could challenge Colossus, for example, but Hulk couldn't challenge Strong Guy. Since this is geared toward bricks and physical-only attacks, making a belt for low meta through low herald might be acceptable, for a total of 4.

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2009 05:04 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

From a logistics standpoint in terms of organization, the "rolling" nature of this defies most normal tourney-organizing conventions. This is probably good, since there isn't any frustrating down time since there's no schedule to adhere to.

So long as goober as willing, maybe just running matchups by him first will make the process go smoothly, so that we don't get rogue fights that aren't properly formatted.

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2009 05:13 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthgoober

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Digi
Lawl. Fighting "in character." I can think of a few good Mindless Hulk stand-ins.

Remove probability-altering characters entirely, imo. And ideally, it seems like you want to push for strictly "physical" attacks. So, for example, Omega Red's tentacles: ok. His death-affect hicky: not ok. Pheremones, telepathy, etc. etc. would seem to constitute non-physical as well. I think you're doing this already, but it could be made more explicit.

To make it fair, so that there isn't "I challenge {insert low meta} with {insert low herald}" you might want a championship belt for each tier class. So Iron Man could challenge Colossus, for example, but Hulk couldn't challenge Strong Guy. Since this is geared toward bricks and physical-only attacks, making a belt for low meta through low herald might be acceptable, for a total of 4.

Probability alteration didn't seem like that big of an issue because I can't think of anyone who hits the strength requirements who has the ability, but I see your point about it so I'll likely take it out of the final format. And yeah I want to stick mostly to physical attacks, but I want to leave a little bit of leeway on it to keep the belt changing hands and keep any one character or specific type of character from becoming too dominant. Since this is open ended, I don't want any one person stumbling onto the perfect pick and never losing because of it. That's why I'm currently leaning towards allowing things that wouldn't be specifically noted by the crowd. Throwing out everything but strength, speed, and durability would just send people looking for the strongest/fastest/toughest brick they can think of, but something like pheromone's could potentially upset that dominance(while the person with pheromone's would likely have another exploitable vulnerability). I want EVERYONE to be at serious risk against someone in their tier. It'll be an "iffy" deal as to what if I allow though(anything like Red's Deathspore's would definitely be out since they'd kill the paying crowd stick out tongue ), and I'll likely change the policy if everyone's against it.

And the different "belts" for different weight classes is definitely going to be put into play. If it catches on, I'll probably do "Tag Team" and "Hardcore"(all standard weapons allowed) titles too.

Originally posted by Digi
From a logistics standpoint in terms of organization, the "rolling" nature of this defies most normal tourney-organizing conventions. This is probably good, since there isn't any frustrating down time since there's no schedule to adhere to.

So long as goober as willing, maybe just running matchups by him first will make the process go smoothly, so that we don't get rogue fights that aren't properly formatted.

I should be able to swing that without too much difficulty(when it's officially underway of course)

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2009 05:40 AM
darthgoober is currently offline Click here to Send darthgoober a Private Message Find more posts by darthgoober Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
illadelph
aka Rakim Illa

Can there be managers? Like comic versions of Jimmy Hart and Bobby "The Brain" Heenan?

PSN: Illadelph12Prime, Haksaw_Jim_Thugn - Tumblr: Mighty-Illactus
>Z<

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2009 09:51 PM
illadelph is currently offline Click here to Send illadelph a Private Message Find more posts by illadelph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthgoober

Originally posted by illadelph12
Can there be managers? Like comic versions of Jimmy Hart and Bobby "The Brain" Heenan?

I could see that happening... shifty

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2009 09:53 PM
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

there better be

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2009 10:23 PM
psycho gundam is currently offline Click here to Send psycho gundam a Private Message Find more posts by psycho gundam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

Originally posted by illadelph12
Would you like to be my manager Ill stick out tongue

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Jun 4th, 2009 12:03 AM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

I'm unbanning The Judge to be my manager.

Old Post Jun 4th, 2009 12:52 AM