KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Battlezone » KMC Contest of Champions- Marvel vs DC Discussion thread

KMC Contest of Champions- Marvel vs DC Discussion thread
Started by: darthgoober

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (21): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
darthgoober

KMC Contest of Champions- Marvel vs DC Discussion thread

I decided to go ahead and make a separate thread for this because it's gone WAY beyond my original idea in the other thread. I myself currently have no official say in how this thing's going to go down, but illadelph12 said that he'd host the thing. Here's all he's said so far...

quote: (post)
Originally posted by illadelph12
After some consideration, I think I'll step back into an organizer role for now to get this thing moving and possibly participate as Zod or Apocalypse after everything is in place and someone else can take the helm. This idea has a lot of promise.

For starters, are their Team Captains for each company, and what will be the combat rules?

...so evidently there's no set format as of yet and everything's still up in the air. So everyone go ahead and throw in your two cents and lets get this baby going...

Old Post Jun 24th, 2009 10:04 PM
darthgoober is currently offline Click here to Send darthgoober a Private Message Find more posts by darthgoober Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smurph
------

Smurph = Team Captain.

Old Post Jun 24th, 2009 10:08 PM
Smurph is currently offline Click here to Send Smurph a Private Message Find more posts by Smurph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
batdude123
Life Has No Meaning

I'll bite.

Old Post Jun 24th, 2009 10:10 PM
batdude123 is currently offline Click here to Send batdude123 a Private Message Find more posts by batdude123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

so are team captains like the foremen of a jury, they get all the individual battle stratagems from their team members and puts them into a coherent initial writeup? basically just a poster willing to make sense of like 5+ posters hammering them with ideas.

right?

Old Post Jun 24th, 2009 10:26 PM
psycho gundam is currently offline Click here to Send psycho gundam a Private Message Find more posts by psycho gundam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
illadelph
aka Rakim Illa

I have an idea that may be interesting:

-Each team will have a captain (of course) and a team of 6+ posters representing a certain character from their respective company. No quota on the number of members per team.

-Each week there will be a different battle scenario posted (for example, 3 vs 3 Meta Tier battle on Coruscant week 1. 2 vs 2 Herald battle in Manhattan week 2. 4 vs. 4 Street level battle in Tokyo, etc).

-Each team captain will designate a team from their roster to compete in that weeks battle scenario. However, this designation will be kept in secret and not known to the opposing side until the onset of battle.

-In the battle the posters representing each character will collaborate on a battle plan and debate the actions and interactions of their characters/team.

-No character can be used in consecutive weeks (to mix things up, allow everyone to participate, and up the ante on strategic planning).

We'll have to come up with a post quota, either collectively or indivudually, and time limits. It will be up to the combatants to strategize and coordinate their attacks, of course. Other team members can provide logistical support (researching their opponents for weaknesses, finding scans, etc) while their not competing. We're also going to need some neutral judges like myself. At least 3 per match. Also, it might be a good idea to schedule out the battlefields and and match stipulations (number of people participating each week) up front to allow the captains and their teams to come up with a week by week strategy and scheduling things out on each person's real life responsibilities.

Just a proposal, of course.

PSN: Illadelph12Prime, Haksaw_Jim_Thugn - Tumblr: Mighty-Illactus
>Z<

Old Post Jun 24th, 2009 11:12 PM
illadelph is currently offline Click here to Send illadelph a Private Message Find more posts by illadelph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
illadelph
aka Rakim Illa

Also, we might want to have a poster draft unless ya'll want to keep the team from the original thread as Team Marvel.

>Z<

Old Post Jun 24th, 2009 11:20 PM
illadelph is currently offline Click here to Send illadelph a Private Message Find more posts by illadelph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

laughing out loud

Have fun. Put me down for judge.

Old Post Jun 24th, 2009 11:27 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
illadelph
aka Rakim Illa

Heh.

Yeah, I know.

I like challenges.

>Z<

Old Post Jun 24th, 2009 11:41 PM
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

Originally posted by Digi
laughing out loud

Have fun. Put me down for judge.
ye of little faith

Old Post Jun 25th, 2009 12:48 AM
psycho gundam is currently offline Click here to Send psycho gundam a Private Message Find more posts by psycho gundam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
illadelph
aka Rakim Illa

I don't think it's a lack of faith. It's more of an acknowledgment of a precedent.

However, with compromise and level heads, I think this could go off with relative ease.

>Z<

Old Post Jun 25th, 2009 01:22 AM
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

without a doubt.

hey digi, does that mean adam warlock is up for grabs?

*i still want thanos though if that's possible.

Old Post Jun 25th, 2009 02:09 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

If Ill is back on board, i see no reason to be involved in the organisation of it, as it's in good hands.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jun 25th, 2009 04:03 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
illadelph
aka Rakim Illa

Originally posted by psycho gundam
so are team captains like the foremen of a jury, they get all the individual battle stratagems from their team members and puts them into a coherent initial writeup? basically just a poster willing to make sense of like 5+ posters hammering them with ideas.

right?

I was thinking more along the lines of the captains being spokespersons for the entire team and organizing things. They wouldn't necessarily have all of the responsibilities, but they'd be the primary liaison as far as presenting opening posts and making sure their teammates are on the same page and doing what's necessary to win. Those criteria can fall on more than one member of the team though. It's always good to have capable teammates.

As for the teams, do participants want a draft with captains making the picks, or to just freely pick a side and then decide who is the captain afterwards?

>Z<

Old Post Jun 25th, 2009 04:20 AM
illadelph
aka Rakim Illa

Originally posted by Raoul
If Ill is back on board, i see no reason to be involved in the organisation of it, as it's in good hands.

So you're going to compete as Cyclops or Supes (or Hamson)?

>Z<

Old Post Jun 25th, 2009 04:21 AM
darthgoober

-Each team will have a captain (of course) and a team of 6+ posters representing a certain character from their respective company. No quota on the number of members per team.

-Each week there will be a different battle scenario posted (for example, 3 vs 3 Meta Tier battle on Coruscant week 1. 2 vs 2 Herald battle in Manhattan week 2. 4 vs. 4 Street level battle in Tokyo, etc).

-Each team captain will designate a team from their roster to compete in that weeks battle scenario. However, this designation will be kept in secret and not known to the opposing side until the onset of battle.

-In the battle the posters representing each character will collaborate on a battle plan and debate the actions and interactions of their characters/team.

-No character can be used in consecutive weeks (to mix things up, allow everyone to participate, and up the ante on strategic planning).

We'll have to come up with a post quota, either collectively or indivudually, and time limits. It will be up to the combatants to strategize and coordinate their attacks, of course. Other team members can provide logistical support (researching their opponents for weaknesses, finding scans, etc) while their not competing. We're also going to need some neutral judges like myself. At least 3 per match. Also, it might be a good idea to schedule out the battlefields and and match stipulations (number of people participating each week) up front to allow the captains and their teams to come up with a week by week strategy and scheduling things out on each person's real life responsibilities.

I'd vote against setting up anything overly complex right at first. This is a different type of event than normally goes down and regardless of the amount of effort put into it while it's still in the planning stage, there are going to be kinks that no one thinks of that need to be worked out later on. If I were you, I'd just set up a single match using the loosest of formats as a "practice run" and then use what happens in that match to decide how to proceed. If you set up everything in advance there are going to be people who get pissed later on if something needs to be changed. Keeping things really loose at first will hopefully prevent anyone from becoming too attached to the way things are handled in the trial run and encourage people to come up with new ideas on how things can be improved in the future.

But that's just my opinion on the matter, feel free to disregard it if you'd rather not handle things that way.

Old Post Jun 25th, 2009 04:22 AM
darthgoober is currently offline Click here to Send darthgoober a Private Message Find more posts by darthgoober Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

So you're going to compete as Cyclops or Supes (or Hamson)?

i'm moving house, so i don't know if i'll have the time.

if i get back on relatively quickly, and you guys have kept it simple, i might give it a shot...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jun 25th, 2009 05:43 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

There was no hidden subtext in my last post. I was amused, wished you guys well, and offered to be a judge. The offer stands. I don't really have time to compete in anything atm, and anything tourney-related always needs reliable judging, so it's a win-win.

And yeah, Warlock's up for grabs. Feel free to take him, though there might be rules for 'calling' characters, so you might want to talk to goob or someone.

Old Post Jun 25th, 2009 05:56 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smurph
------

I nominate Smurph as team captain. He's plenty experienced with tourney-style matches, has demonstrated innate ability for tourney strategy, has a thorough knowledge of most things comic, and is, above all, modest.

As for the actual rules:

Post counts should be individual, ideally, since people will be repping different characters, and each should be heard equally. The biggest argument for collective time caps would be that some posters can't make post quota due to time constraints, but that's what we'll have so many characters for, right?

Each teammate should be required to be fielded at least once, assuming that we have a set time to end this by.

We should consider back up posters for certain characters, or back up characters for certain posters? Could be a mess, but if we really need Magneto for a certain match, and the Magneto repper is gone, it could help to have a sub.

Old Post Jun 25th, 2009 07:04 AM
Smurph is currently offline Click here to Send Smurph a Private Message Find more posts by Smurph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Original Smurph
I nominate Smurph as team captain. He's plenty experienced with tourney-style matches, has demonstrated innate ability for tourney strategy, has a thorough knowledge of most things comic, and is, above all, modest.

As for the actual rules:

Post counts should be individual, ideally, since people will be repping different characters, and each should be heard equally. The biggest argument for collective time caps would be that some posters can't make post quota due to time constraints, but that's what we'll have so many characters for, right?

Each teammate should be required to be fielded at least once, assuming that we have a set time to end this by.

We should consider back up posters for certain characters, or back up characters for certain posters? Could be a mess, but if we really need Magneto for a certain match, and the Magneto repper is gone, it could help to have a sub.

off topic, but:

did you get that message i sent you on msn?

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jun 25th, 2009 03:04 PM
Blair Wind
The Iron Avenger

Originally posted by Raoul
off topic, but:

did you get that message i sent you on msn?

You know he just leaves MSN on even when he's not around. Then responds 6 hours later laughing out loud

Anyways, Im willing to do this. Don't really care which side as I have favorites in each company. If someone wants me on a particular side, let me know through PM's or MSN.

And good luck Delph.

>010010100100000101010010010101100100100101010011<

Old Post Jun 25th, 2009 05:03 PM
Blair Wind is currently offline Click here to Send Blair Wind a Private Message Find more posts by Blair Wind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote