KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Battlezone » Thor vs. Green Lantern Challenge

Thor vs. Green Lantern Challenge
Started by: batdude123

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
batdude123
Life Has No Meaning

Thor vs. Green Lantern Challenge

Who's the more versatile?

Post feats that showcase their versatility.

smile

Old Post Sep 15th, 2009 09:17 PM
batdude123 is currently offline Click here to Send batdude123 a Private Message Find more posts by batdude123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

so, you're basically just going to copy/paste all the feats from the heralds/GL's thread right?

Old Post Sep 15th, 2009 10:57 PM
psycho gundam is currently offline Click here to Send psycho gundam a Private Message Find more posts by psycho gundam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
batdude123
Life Has No Meaning

No.

Old Post Sep 16th, 2009 12:14 AM
batdude123 is currently offline Click here to Send batdude123 a Private Message Find more posts by batdude123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xJLxKing

Just the good ones stick out tongue
I believe he travels through a space warp. He creates it too.
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v...nt=gl159_08.jpg

Old Post Sep 16th, 2009 12:21 AM
xJLxKing is currently offline Click here to Send xJLxKing a Private Message Find more posts by xJLxKing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
batdude123
Life Has No Meaning

quote: (post)
Originally posted by xJLxKing
Just the good ones stick out tongue
I believe he travels through a space warp. He creates it too.
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v...nt=gl159_08.jpg

No.

That's Hal transforming himself into someone else.

Old Post Sep 16th, 2009 12:32 AM
xJLxKing

Originally posted by batdude123
No.

That's Hal transforming himself into someone else.

Oops. See that's what happens when you don't look at the scan. Well, it's still a nice feat. He can transform!

Old Post Sep 16th, 2009 12:35 AM
xJLxKing is currently offline Click here to Send xJLxKing a Private Message Find more posts by xJLxKing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
batdude123
Life Has No Meaning

Originally posted by xJLxKing
Oops. See that's what happens when you don't look at the scan. Well, it's still a nice feat. He can transform!

I know. Desaad has the scans posted ABOVE his description of them. laughing out loud

Old Post Sep 16th, 2009 12:52 AM
kgkg
Vigilante

Hmmmm.

Stay Thirsty, My Friends.

Old Post Sep 16th, 2009 03:14 AM
kgkg is currently offline Click here to Send kgkg a Private Message Find more posts by kgkg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

Any Green Lantern?

Old Post Sep 29th, 2009 06:55 AM
"Id" is currently offline Click here to Send "Id" a Private Message Find more posts by "Id" Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
batdude123
Life Has No Meaning

Correct. Pre Crisis is welcome.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2009 08:04 PM
batosaimsx
Restricted

Account Restricted

A good green lantern would handle Thor

Old Post Sep 30th, 2009 11:54 PM
batosaimsx is currently offline Click here to Send batosaimsx a Private Message Find more posts by batosaimsx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ODG

I'm willing to engage in a post-Crisis Hal vs. classic Thor comparison, if you're interested.

Revamped Thor Respect Thread Revamped Loki Respect Thread
Revamped Hulk Respect Thread Revamped Iron Man Respect Thread

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2009 07:50 AM
ODG is currently offline Click here to Send ODG a Private Message Find more posts by ODG Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
batdude123
Life Has No Meaning

Originally posted by OneDumbG0
I'm willing to engage in a post-Crisis Hal vs. classic Thor comparison, if you're interested.

I think it would be hypocritical if we didn't use Pre-Crisis feats.

Besides, they're canon, after all.

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2009 03:24 PM
ODG

^ Your opinion. And I'll interpret that as you declining the idea.

Not really.

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2009 06:19 PM
ODG is currently offline Click here to Send ODG a Private Message Find more posts by ODG Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Not really.

they are actually canon, though.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2009 06:29 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
batdude123
Life Has No Meaning

Not really.

Hilarious.

If you think I'm declining the idea of you inevitably using one-time feats of Thor's from 40+ years ago that he's never demonstrated since while disregarding the perfectly canon Pre-Crisis stories of Green Lantern, then you're absolutely right.

Hence the hypocrisy.

Last edited by batdude123 on Nov 3rd, 2009 at 06:41 PM

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2009 06:36 PM
ODG

^ You may not be aware of this, but many of Thor's earliest feats have been repeated, surpassed and surprisingly, specifically referenced in flashbacks in comics decades later. If you care to see, I can post a bunch of examples.

Pre-Crisis GL stories are not necessarily canon. In either case, you're conflating the idea of canonicity with the idea of feat applicability. Short of it is, GL's don't possess the versatility and raw power they used to exhibit before the Crisis. That's fairly evident if you've read their post-Crisis stories and if you consider the circumstances surrounding the Crisis.

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2009 07:12 PM
xJLxKing

^ You may not be aware of this, but many of Thor's earliest feats have been repeated, surpassed and surprisingly, specifically referenced in flashbacks in comics decades later. If you care to see, I can post a bunch of examples.

Pre-Crisis GL stories are not necessarily canon. In either case, you're conflating the idea of canonicity with the idea of feat applicability. Short of it is, GL's don't possess the versatility and raw power they used to exhibit before the Crisis. That's fairly evident if you've read their post-Crisis stories and if you consider the circumstances surrounding the Crisis.

I agree wink

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2009 07:31 PM
Kris Blaze
Restricted

Account Restricted

As far as I can recall, the Green Lantern feats were not retconned in the Crisis. If they were, they should not appear in the versus thread.

I give you the only thing an Orange Lantern gives....Demands

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2009 07:41 PM
Kris Blaze is currently offline Click here to Send Kris Blaze a Private Message Find more posts by Kris Blaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

up until johns came on board, GL's did in fact show a lot of power in their showings. That's including Kyle and Pre-Parallax Hal.

Does nobody remember Hal in Action Comics weeklly?

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2009 07:48 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote