KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Battlezone » Batdude123 and TheKahn's Holiday Herald Tournament

Batdude123 and TheKahn's Holiday Herald Tournament
Started by: TheKahn

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (73): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
TheKahn
The Dude abides

Warning Batdude123 and TheKahn's Holiday Herald Tournament

Teams
- two debaters each

Character Limits
- each team will select three characters for their teams with the top power limit set at the herald-level
- ie no team-busters like Despero or Thanos. Also, no characters that are physically invulnerable/indestructible
- no matter manipulation of the opposition's bodies or "speed stealing"
- more limits will be applied as necessary to keep things fair

Draft
- Thursday, Dec 17 2009 at 8:00 pm EST
- Characters will be drafted one at a time
- Teams will need to provide the names of both partners, the name of the character desired, and a link to a bio to secure the character
- Characters will be taken first come, first served

(please log in to view the image)

Carl - "No, the real point is: I don't give a damn."

Carl - "This line, here? Line of Death. You cross it, and your freedoms no longer exist. Um-kay? Have a good day."

Old Post Dec 15th, 2009 03:24 AM
TheKahn is currently offline Click here to Send TheKahn a Private Message Find more posts by TheKahn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

reminds me of batdude's tourney back in the day. looks interesting...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Dec 15th, 2009 10:08 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

Strictly comics no manga's? These Herald Tournaments are past the point of being stale and redundant.

Old Post Dec 15th, 2009 06:53 PM
"Id" is currently offline Click here to Send "Id" a Private Message Find more posts by "Id" Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
batdude123
Life Has No Meaning

Then don't participate. (please log in to view the image)

Old Post Dec 15th, 2009 07:12 PM
batdude123 is currently offline Click here to Send batdude123 a Private Message Find more posts by batdude123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by id369

Strictly comics no manga's? These Herald Tournaments are past the point of being stale and redundant.

the hundreds of comics characters aren't enough for you?

even with just heralds, that's dozens of picks to choose from.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Dec 15th, 2009 07:14 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

Originally posted by batdude123
Then don't participate. (please log in to view the image)

With you co-running this? No thanks.

Originally posted by -Pr-
the hundreds of comics characters aren't enough for you?

even with just heralds, that's dozens of picks to choose from.

No not really, you see those hundred’s of characters you speak of are reduced to like 20 or so same old faces.

I would love to see, how some members could use the Gold Saints, Titans, Bastard, Tetsuo etc… Agianst the likes such as Thor, Silver Surfer, Green Lanterns and so on.

Last edited by "Id" on Dec 16th, 2009 at 02:59 AM

Old Post Dec 16th, 2009 02:56 AM
"Id" is currently offline Click here to Send "Id" a Private Message Find more posts by "Id" Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kris Blaze
Restricted

Account Restricted

I would love to see, how some members could use the Gold Saints, Titans, Bastard, Tetsuo etc… Agianst the likes such as Thor, Silver Surfer, Green Lanterns and so on.

Tetsuo has like 20 displays of power. I pity the fool who'd pit him against someone who's had their own series.

I do agree that it would have been nice to see Manga characters in here.

I give you the only thing an Orange Lantern gives....Demands

Old Post Dec 16th, 2009 03:00 AM
Kris Blaze is currently offline Click here to Send Kris Blaze a Private Message Find more posts by Kris Blaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

Well Tetsou has that nasty miniature Big Bang blast. I would love to see, what members could come up with during prep.

Old Post Dec 16th, 2009 03:02 AM
TheKahn
The Dude abides

With you co-running this? No thanks.

Whatever you're personal feelings are, at least Batman123 is willing to step up and devote a great deal of time and effort into organizing this thing. Its not easy or very thankful work but it helps keep some interests in the boards.

No not really, you see those hundred’s of characters you speak of are reduced to like 20 or so same old faces.

Imo, the winners tend to be decided not necessarily by whom each team picks but the originality and effectiveness with which they mesh their characters' strengths and minimize their weaknesses. Its the creativity that really makes this interesting to me.

You're more than welcomed to try and organize a manga/comic tournament if you want. Digi has a helpful guide on how to get started posted in here,iirc. smile

Carl - "No, the real point is: I don't give a damn."

Carl - "This line, here? Line of Death. You cross it, and your freedoms no longer exist. Um-kay? Have a good day."

Old Post Dec 16th, 2009 03:10 AM
TheKahn is currently offline Click here to Send TheKahn a Private Message Find more posts by TheKahn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

I am one of those rare hybrids that love comics as much as manga. What can I say, they entertain me. But I have noticed since 2005, that masses on this particular section repulse the idea of manga or anime being part of any versus topics for personal issues. I blame it on Superman vs. Goku. >_>

I would love to host one more tournament. Maybe even here. But my recent staffing, and joining a scan group has tied up my free time. Hell as we speak, I am writing up a translation script for a hard to find manga.

The Ultimate Battledomer!
(please log in to view the image)

Respect Dome

Sticky: Non-OBD Respect Thread Index
Cosmic File: Genis-Vell (working on)
OA Files: Kyle Rayner
Saint Seiya Info Center.
Mutant Files: Clyde Wyncham ~ Marquis of Death.
Beta Ray Bill
Welcome to the Stryfe Files
Witchblade/Excalibur (on hold)
Nate Grey - X-Man (working on)
Saint Seiya Episode G ~ Titanomachy Database
Spawn Official Feats, Features and Respect Thread (I might redux this one)
Mutant Files - David Charles Haller (Legion)
Respect the Phoenix.
Lobo Respect Thread
Mutant Files: Nathan Christopher Charles Summers
The Darkness Respect Thread
Marvel Comics Top 20 Mutants.
Ultimate Captain America Respect/feats/info thread.
The Rapture.

Metadome
OBD Project: History of the OBD
Winter Time FBL.
OBD Mythbuster
Herald Level Amalgam Tournament Discussion.
FBL - Battle Zone Edition.

FC
OBD FC - Come Get Your Rape.

Old Post Dec 16th, 2009 03:23 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I am one of those rare hybrids that love comics as much as manga. What can I say, they entertain me. But I have noticed since 2005, that masses on this particular section repulse the idea of manga or anime being part of any versus topics for personal issues. I blame it on Superman vs. Goku. >_>

it's not "personal issues". it's about keeping the peace.

and if it's the same 20 people, that's the fault of the entrants, and not the fact that it's a comics tourney. there are tons of characters to choose from.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Dec 16th, 2009 03:29 AM
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

it's not "personal issues". it's about keeping the peace.

and if it's the same 20 people, that's the fault of the entrants, and not the fact that it's a comics tourney. there are tons of characters to choose from.

You think, that allowing manga characters will disrupt erratic behavior?

Excellent, good luck if you wish to partcipate.

Old Post Dec 16th, 2009 03:31 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

You think, that allowing manga characters will disrupt erratic behavior?

Excellent, good luck if you wish to partcipate.

on the forum in general? we do actually allow the odd thread. the problem is that the manga fans that have come on to the forum when we have allowed them have been, for the most part, nothing but trouble.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Dec 16th, 2009 03:32 AM
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

on the forum in general? we do actually allow the odd thread. the problem is that the manga fans that have come on to the forum when we have allowed them have been, for the most part, nothing but trouble.

No not in the forum in general, but in a tournament.

Old Post Dec 16th, 2009 03:40 AM
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

illadelph's tournament/battledome rules with mixed genre characters is still officially active. blair and smurph made a team and are awaiting an opponent so.... what are you waiting for?

i picked a manga character in my team and no problems arose, just pm delph if you want him to gather judges, it's that easy.

Old Post Dec 16th, 2009 04:28 AM
psycho gundam is currently offline Click here to Send psycho gundam a Private Message Find more posts by psycho gundam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kris Blaze
Restricted

Account Restricted

I had no problem judging Psycho's team and it contained a Manga character.

Have everybody forgotten Akuki already? sad

I give you the only thing an Orange Lantern gives....Demands

Old Post Dec 16th, 2009 05:00 AM
Kris Blaze is currently offline Click here to Send Kris Blaze a Private Message Find more posts by Kris Blaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

Will Akuki ?

Old Post Dec 16th, 2009 05:02 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

No not in the forum in general, but in a tournament.

not every tournament has to have manga, though. there have been a few that have had it already...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Dec 16th, 2009 05:10 AM
Charlotte DeBel
White Queen of KMC

Originally posted by psycho gundam
illadelph's tournament/battledome rules with mixed genre characters is still officially active. blair and smurph made a team and are awaiting an opponent so.... what are you waiting for?

i picked a manga character in my team and no problems arose, just pm delph if you want him to gather judges, it's that easy.

I've challenged them and now waiting for them agreeing on the match...
Originally posted by Kris Blaze
I had no problem judging Psycho's team and it contained a Manga character.

Have everybody forgotten Akuki already? sad

If not for Silient Hill...*sighs*

Beware Blonde Badasses Emma Frost K' Dante

RIP Fluffy

Old Post Dec 16th, 2009 07:07 AM
Charlotte DeBel is currently offline Click here to Send Charlotte DeBel a Private Message Find more posts by Charlotte DeBel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

when did you issue the challenge?

meh, i might feel up to fighting id some time in the future if i'm bored, same team, i just need to fix my opening strategy a bit and i believe i can handle that kid shifty

Old Post Dec 16th, 2009 07:21 AM
psycho gundam is currently offline Click here to Send psycho gundam a Private Message Find more posts by psycho gundam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote