KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Battlezone » Draft Round 2: Batdude123 and TheKahn's Holiday Herald Tournament

Draft Round 2: Batdude123 and TheKahn's Holiday Herald Tournament
Started by: TheKahn

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
TheKahn
The Dude abides

Draft Round 2: Batdude123 and TheKahn's Holiday Herald Tournament

Power Limit
- High herald level

Prep
- 5 minutes prior to each fight in a well stocked lounge adjacent to the battle field. No extending of that prep time via artificial means (ie speed force or time manipulation).

Equipment:
- Characters are allowed to carry only what they normally have in their possession. For example a Green Lantern get his/her ring but Reed Richards can't go back to his lab for the ultimate nullifer or anything else.

Special restrictions:
- Power Duplication: Banned
- Power copying: Banned
- Constructs/Summoning: No summoning and only constructs similar to a Green Lantern's are allowable.
- Time Manipulation: Banned
- Matter Manipulation: Banned on opponents and environment-large scale (ie no turning the entire planet into swiss cheese) otherwise allowed
Reality Manipulation - Banned
- Speed Force: Banned as a method for stealing speed or extending prep time, otherwise speed force characters are allowed
- Meshing Limit: Power amping is allowed as long as it does not put a character above the Herald limit and can be accomplished once the fight starts or in prep time
- Do feats by the character count if they are in comics that come out after drafts? Yes, as long as they are consistent with the characters' other showings
- Magic users are allowed, so long as they obey the rest of the limits
- No immortality or physically indestrucible characters and no charcters able to continiously transfer their consciousness to an endless number of bodies - one death = out of the fight.
- no teleportation
- no tech creation that has the potential to raise any team/character above the herald limit

Trade Round:
After the third draft round is over and before the actual battles start, we are going to have a "character trade" thread. This means that if one team desires to have a character from another team on their side, they must offer one of their choices as a trade in order to get him.

Drafting Format:
One person will debate for one character on a given team, the other person will debate for the 2nd character, and then they can both use/share the last character for debating.

That means both debaters will have to declare who they are going to be debating with. However, this does not have to be determined/announced until after the drafting and trade rounds are finished.

----------------------------------------

Confirmed Teams and Drafted Characters

Team psycho charlotte - Kyle Rayner (GL)

Team darthgoober & Blair Wind - Silver Surfer

Team Omega Vision & JL King - Wally West (Flash)

Team JaketheBank - Thor

Team Twig & Berries (Ha Son and Validus) - Superman

Team: id369 and King Kandy - Genis-Vell

Team Philosophia and PR - Hal Jordan (GL)

Team Leonidas & Galen007 - Blue Superman

--------------------------------

Again, please provide the name of both participants, the name of the desired character, and a link to a bio of that character to secure him/her.

Carl - "No, the real point is: I don't give a damn."

Carl - "This line, here? Line of Death. You cross it, and your freedoms no longer exist. Um-kay? Have a good day."

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2009 01:00 AM
TheKahn is currently offline Click here to Send TheKahn a Private Message Find more posts by TheKahn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

Team JaketheBank and TBA partner draft Hank Henshaw for Draft Round 2: http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Cyborg_Superman

JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

team psycho charlotte picks zatanna zatara

http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Zatanna_Zatara_(New_Earth)

psycho gundam is currently offline Click here to Send psycho gundam a Private Message Find more posts by psycho gundam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthgoober

darthgoober/Blair Wind

Dr. Doom
http://marvel.com/universe/Doctor_Doom_(Victor_von_Doom)

darthgoober is currently offline Click here to Send darthgoober a Private Message Find more posts by darthgoober Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King Kandy

Id/Kandy drafts Sentry:

http://marvel.com/universe/Sentry_(Robert_Reynolds)

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2009 01:01 AM
King Kandy is currently offline Click here to Send King Kandy a Private Message Find more posts by King Kandy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xJLxKing

Hopefully Omega won't kill be for this
Omega Vision/JL King
AS Superman

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2009 01:03 AM
xJLxKing is currently offline Click here to Send xJLxKing a Private Message Find more posts by xJLxKing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
batdude123
Life Has No Meaning

quote: (post)
Originally posted by xJLxKing
Hopefully Omega won't kill be for this
Omega Vision/JL King
Superman

Already taken.

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2009 01:03 AM
batdude123 is currently offline Click here to Send batdude123 a Private Message Find more posts by batdude123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xJLxKing

AS Superman

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2009 01:04 AM
xJLxKing is currently offline Click here to Send xJLxKing a Private Message Find more posts by xJLxKing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Sentry's most recent showings call into question the invulnerability limit. He brought himself together after being torn apart at the molecular level by Molecule Man.

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2009 01:14 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King Kandy

Originally posted by xJLxKing
AS Superman

imo, he's above the herald caps.

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2009 01:14 AM
King Kandy is currently offline Click here to Send King Kandy a Private Message Find more posts by King Kandy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

Originally posted by King Kandy

Not to mention I thought we were limited to mainstream continuity characters (ie. New Earth, Earth 616, etc.)

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2009 01:15 AM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheKahn
The Dude abides

Originally posted by Digi
Sentry's most recent showings call into question the invulnerability limit.

That is certainly an issue. If he is allowed, one "death"/ko would be enough to take him out of the fight. He doesn't get to keep coming back to life.

Does anyone else have a issue with this pick?

Carl - "This line, here? Line of Death. You cross it, and your freedoms no longer exist. Um-kay? Have a good day."

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2009 01:15 AM
TheKahn is currently offline Click here to Send TheKahn a Private Message Find more posts by TheKahn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xJLxKing

Above? He is weaker then Current Superman. Most view him as inferiors and those are Superman Fans who say it

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2009 01:16 AM
TheKahn
The Dude abides

Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Not to mention I thought we were limited to mainstream continuity characters (ie. New Earth, Earth 616, etc.)

I tend to agree with both. Is there any argument as to why he should be allowed?

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2009 01:17 AM
xJLxKing

Yes.
He has his own continuity, that is completely different to the mainstream one. He has enough showings and feats to use him to prove most claim just like Superman Blue and Red

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2009 01:18 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I'm not against AS Superman in general, as i don't see him as being any way superior to normal Superman.

I'd worry about Sentry, though.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2009 01:19 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheKahn
The Dude abides

Originally posted by -Pr-
I'm not against AS Superman in general, as i don't see him as being any way superior to normal Superman.

I'd worry about Sentry, though.

What specifically are your concerns about Sentry?

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2009 01:21 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by TheKahn
What specifically are your concerns about Sentry?

that he's going to be considered to be > molecule man as standard, which to me is > high herald and thus should make him invalid.

if you guys are going to insist on allowing him under the condition that one kill is an immediate removal from the fight, then i'm not going to argue about it.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2009 01:22 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheKahn
The Dude abides

AS Superman and Sentry are being discussed. Should have an answer shortly.

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2009 01:26 AM
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

I don’t have a problem with Energy Superman or All Star Superman other then the fact that Clark was already drafted. If members feel OK with different Superman’s running about, its cool with me.

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2009 01:32 AM
"Id" is currently offline Click here to Send "Id" a Private Message Find more posts by "Id" Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote