KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Battlezone » Tournament Discussion Thread

Tournament Discussion Thread
Started by: Badabing

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (33): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Badabing
Karen

Tournament Discussion Thread

Discuss future tournament ideas, recruit potential teams and discuss any tournament related topics here.

You've just been Trump'd!

Official pimp of Steverules

Sig by Steve Rules

Old Post Mar 19th, 2010 06:15 PM
Badabing is currently offline Click here to Send Badabing a Private Message Find more posts by Badabing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega Vision
Face Flowed Into Her Eyes

Has anyone ever done a Superhero Olympics type Tournament before?

“Where the longleaf pines are whispering
to him who loved them so.
Where the faint murmurs now dwindling
echo o’er tide and shore."

-A Grave Epitaph in Santa Rosa County, Florida; I wish I could remember the man's name.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2010 06:36 PM
Omega Vision is currently offline Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smurph
------

A low level (even street) tourney would be pretty sexy right now, I feel.

I'm not opting to organize one, but if someone did, it'd be really successful...

Old Post Mar 19th, 2010 09:53 PM
Smurph is currently offline Click here to Send Smurph a Private Message Find more posts by Smurph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Starscream M

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Original Smurph
A low level (even street) tourney would be pretty sexy right now, I feel.

I'm not opting to organize one, but if someone did, it'd be really successful...
has there ever been a street tourney? if so, was it interesting? (im just asking because it seems there aren't alot of powers at the street level)

Defacto Leader of the KMC VS Resistance Movement

Old Post Mar 19th, 2010 11:05 PM
Starscream M is currently offline Click here to Send Starscream M a Private Message Find more posts by Starscream M Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King Kandy

I was thinking of doing a build-a-character type tourney where you'd spend points on single super powers from different characters.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2010 12:43 AM
King Kandy is currently offline Click here to Send King Kandy a Private Message Find more posts by King Kandy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega Vision

Perhaps a martial arts tournament of some kind with street levelers.

-A Grave Epitaph in Santa Rosa County, Florida; I wish I could remember the man's name.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2010 01:23 AM
Omega Vision is currently offline Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

Originally posted by King Kandy
I was thinking of doing a build-a-character type tourney where you'd spend points on single super powers from different characters.

Originally posted by Omega Vision
Perhaps a martial arts tournament of some kind with street levelers.

Both of those sound cool. If I had time (which is possible), I'd look into participating.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2010 02:10 AM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega Vision

If anyone feels like co-hosting said MA tournament I've got lots of free time coming up.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2010 03:02 AM
Badabing
Karen

Originally posted by Omega Vision
Has anyone ever done a Superhero Olympics type Tournament before?
Not that I remember. Digi or PR would know.

Originally posted by Starscream M
has there ever been a street tourney? if so, was it interesting? (im just asking because it seems there aren't alot of powers at the street level)
Like this?
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f105/t363581.html

Originally posted by King Kandy
Like this?
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...threadid=482510

You've just been Trump'd!

Official pimp of Steverules

Sig by Steve Rules

Old Post Mar 20th, 2010 03:33 AM
Badabing is currently offline Click here to Send Badabing a Private Message Find more posts by Badabing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King Kandy

Something like that.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2010 05:45 AM
King Kandy is currently offline Click here to Send King Kandy a Private Message Find more posts by King Kandy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

I think the build-a-character tourny could be an interesting thing to look into. You could award more points for creativity over just sheer brokeness and have some real nifty creations.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2010 05:58 AM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

i already pitched this to stiltman ftw, but how's about a "lame" character tourney?

lame as in Turner D. Century lame, or that mutant that turns into any flavor icecream.

big grin

sad

Old Post Mar 20th, 2010 07:22 AM
psycho gundam is currently offline Click here to Send psycho gundam a Private Message Find more posts by psycho gundam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Charlotte DeBel
White Queen of KMC

I actually had an idea of "femme fatale" tournament with only female characters being usable. The power cap should have been Engineer (low herald).

In fact, I'm not against martial arts-oriented tournament. The guidelines are:
1. No mixed genre characters\characters whose main canon isn't comics books one.
2. Superpowered characters are allowed, but the cap of physical stats\energy projection is Immortal Iron Fist (w\chi amps and stuff). If someone wants to draft and use say Wonder Woman or Champion, they'll be nerfed to that level.
3. The battle arena is 10*10 metres adamantium cage, the battles are held one-to-one, while the team contains three characters. In round robin\qualification round schedule is announced beforehand, but the characters for every match are chosen randomly from team's roster by tourney host the day before the starting date. That adds the variety.
4. No prep time, the cube is completely bland.
5. Weapons' use is allowed, but no OHK stuff and no weaponry other than character's standart equipment.

Beware Blonde Badasses Emma Frost K' Dante

RIP Fluffy

Old Post Mar 20th, 2010 10:19 AM
Charlotte DeBel is currently offline Click here to Send Charlotte DeBel a Private Message Find more posts by Charlotte DeBel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Charlotte DeBel
White Queen of KMC

Originally posted by Charlotte DeBel
I actually had an idea of "femme fatale" tournament with only female characters being usable. The power cap should have been Engineer (low herald).

In fact, I'm not against martial arts-oriented tournament. The guidelines are:
1. No mixed genre characters\characters whose main canon isn't comics books one.
2. Superpowered characters are allowed, but the cap of physical stats\energy projection is Immortal Iron Fist (w\chi amps and stuff). If someone wants to draft and use say Wonder Woman or Champion, they'll be nerfed to that level.
3. The battle arena is 10*10 metres adamantium cage, the battles are held one-on-one, while the drafted team contains three characters. In round robin\qualification round schedule is announced beforehand, but the characters for every match are chosen randomly from team's roster by tourney host the day before the starting date. That adds the variety, as characters picked from the roster change from match to match. The finals ans semis are three on three and the battle cage is enlarged three times it's regular size for the match.
4. No prep time, the cube is completely bland.
5. Weapons' use is allowed, but no OHK stuff and no weaponry other than character's standart equipment.

Anything to add on those proposed rules?

RIP Fluffy

Old Post Mar 20th, 2010 10:20 AM
Charlotte DeBel is currently offline Click here to Send Charlotte DeBel a Private Message Find more posts by Charlotte DeBel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Charlotte DeBel
White Queen of KMC

The guideline is continued:
6)Wolverine is the killability cap, KO for 1 minute counts as win. No inorganic (rubber, sand, water etc) bodies.
7)Telepathy is allowed for the purposes of in-combat mind reading and (possibly) illusions, all the usages other than that is banned.
8)Flight is allowed (not that it's a big ass advantage inside 10 on 10 cube).
9)Time manipulation is allowed, but only for the purposes of slowing down time to simulate tourney cap speed (which is the one of chi-amped Iron Fist).
10)No OHKO moves other than "finishers" like Leopard Blow attack. OHKO attacks performed using superpowers are banned.
11)Strategic teleporting inside the cage is allowed, but no BFR or self-BFR.

RIP Fluffy

Old Post Mar 20th, 2010 10:59 AM
Digi
Forum Leader

I actually had an idea of "femme fatale" tournament with only female characters being usable.

Of course you did.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2010 03:28 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Starscream M

that's stoopid...female characters suck ass.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2010 07:24 PM
Starscream M is currently offline Click here to Send Starscream M a Private Message Find more posts by Starscream M Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega Vision

I just had an idea for the Olympic idea I mentioned earlier. The way it would work is that you'd have a pool of Herald characters to choose from with each two man team picking six to eight characters or somewhere around that number without actually knowing their challenges (to make things interesting) beforehand. The goal would be to form a team of rather balanced stats. Once all teams pick their characters the challenges would be revealed to them. Just for examples you'd have things like footraces, shot-put, diving, kick-boxing, deadlift, and maybe even a decathlon (tailored to Herald level characters of course).

Just brainstorming right now.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2010 07:36 PM
Starscream M

I think a regular battle tourney is better than olympics...no offense.

olympics would be waaaay to hard to judge.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2010 07:37 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Do enough 'good' female characters (oxymoron, I know) even exist to warrant a multi-team tourney?

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Mar 20th, 2010 07:50 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote