KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Battlezone » King Kandy's Super Tourney!

King Kandy's Super Tourney!
Started by: King Kandy

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (23): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
King Kandy

King Kandy's Super Tourney!

Alright. It’s been a long time since we’ve had a tourney, and I’ve been itching to have one myself. So, it’s time for King Kandy’s Tournament! No, no fancy names. Sign up here if you’re interested in competing or judging. It’s a singles tourney.

Rules:

1. The cap is low herald. And my idea of low herald is basically Captain Mar-Vell. Try to keep your picks around that level or lower.

2. Contestants will select teams of three characters, no amalgamation.

3. If I’m allowed to, manga will be able to be selected in this tourney. However, anime will not. No other genres would be allowed on account of the fact that I would probably not be informed enough to make good decisions.

4. No posting limit (free form posting, instead).

5. 20 minutes of prep pre-fight, hosted in the ‘home base’ of one character on your team (however, if certain bases are considered too abusable with this rule, the character will be allowed but not his base.)

6. No time manipulation.

7. No insta-kill tactics such as teleporting into solid objects. Even if an attack isn’t instantaneous, any attack that could, as a matter of its nature, not be defended against is considered this.

8. Characters will not have knowledge of who they are fighting pre-fight. In battle, they will only be able to know things if the two characters already knew each other.

9. Non-offensive matter manipulation is allowed.

10. No duplication.

11. No power copying in any way.

12. Only experience carries from previous fights, and only information you could have reasonably discovered in the fight is learned.

13. No immortal characters. Characters drafted should be able to be defeated by reasonably accessible means. Healing factors strong enough to blur the line with this are also banned.

14. While battlefields will change, it is assumed that nobody can leave the whole of the battlefield by any means. This also means no BFR or self-BFR. If you fly too far, you hit an impenetrable wall.

15. No reality warping.

16. “Spirit of the Law” is to be followed. Anything that may not technically be one of these things, but is used to achieve the same purpose as them is banned. Inversely, things that may technically be one of these rules, but would clearly not cause the problems associated with them, may be allowed.

17. Rules may be changed if certain strategies become an obvious problem.

Old Post Sep 15th, 2010 11:00 PM
King Kandy is currently offline Click here to Send King Kandy a Private Message Find more posts by King Kandy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blair Wind
The Iron Avenger

Mark me down as interested as a competitor

>010010100100000101010010010101100100100101010011<

Old Post Sep 16th, 2010 12:40 AM
Blair Wind is currently offline Click here to Send Blair Wind a Private Message Find more posts by Blair Wind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King Kandy

Alright.

Manga is confirmed.

Old Post Sep 16th, 2010 12:44 AM
King Kandy is currently offline Click here to Send King Kandy a Private Message Find more posts by King Kandy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega Vision
Face Flowed Into Her Eyes

I'd like to try my hand at judging.

“Where the longleaf pines are whispering
to him who loved them so.
Where the faint murmurs now dwindling
echo o’er tide and shore."

-A Grave Epitaph in Santa Rosa County, Florida; I wish I could remember the man's name.

Old Post Sep 16th, 2010 12:57 AM
Omega Vision is currently offline Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King Kandy

Go ahead.

Old Post Sep 16th, 2010 12:59 AM
Smurph
------

I'll compete

Old Post Sep 16th, 2010 01:13 AM
Smurph is currently offline Click here to Send Smurph a Private Message Find more posts by Smurph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Blair Wind
Mark me down as interested as a competitor

or judge, i'm kinda busy with projects these days.

maybe if they're partners this time it'll illeviate the burden of scan gathering (i wing it every time)

Last edited by psycho gundam on Sep 16th, 2010 at 02:01 AM

Old Post Sep 16th, 2010 01:58 AM
psycho gundam is currently offline Click here to Send psycho gundam a Private Message Find more posts by psycho gundam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King Kandy

But you would do so well in this tourney...

Old Post Sep 16th, 2010 02:12 AM
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

i have a few deadlines, but i'm a can do kind of person.

Old Post Sep 16th, 2010 03:10 AM
psycho gundam is currently offline Click here to Send psycho gundam a Private Message Find more posts by psycho gundam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King Kandy

OK. You'll be a "maybe".

Old Post Sep 17th, 2010 12:16 AM
Ambient
MAJIN_OVERLORD

Put me down too..

My Artwork

Old Post Sep 17th, 2010 03:31 AM
Ambient is currently offline Click here to Send Ambient a Private Message Find more posts by Ambient Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King Kandy

It shall be done.

Competitors so far:

Blair
Ambient
Smurph
Psycho Gundam (maybe)

I'd like to get, at least eight definites.

Old Post Sep 17th, 2010 04:12 AM
Badabing
Karen

Good luck with the tourny King Kandy. PM me anytime a thread needs pinned, closed, edited, etc.

You've just been Trump'd!

Official pimp of Steverules

Sig by Steve Rules

Old Post Sep 17th, 2010 08:00 PM
Badabing is currently offline Click here to Send Badabing a Private Message Find more posts by Badabing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

I'm signed on as a judge. Good luck to Kandy and whoever enters.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2010 04:28 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King Kandy

It looks like we have a (possible) darthgoober entrance as well, but i'm waiting for confirmation.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2010 04:50 AM
Endless Mike
Sqirrel Girl fanboy

Re: King Kandy's Super Tourney!

7. No insta-kill tactics such as teleporting into solid objects. Even if an attack isn’t instantaneous, any attack that could, as a matter of its nature, not be defended against is considered this.

How do you define this? Whether an attack can be defended against or not depends not only on the nature of the attack, but on the target. Against a normal human, a salvo of bullets from a machine gun would be "an attack that cannot be defended against". And even if you have an ability like the one in your example, teleporting someone into a solid object, that could be defended against by characters with certain powers (e.g. Shadowcat).

Sig by Starlock

Old Post Sep 18th, 2010 07:00 AM
Endless Mike is currently offline Click here to Send Endless Mike a Private Message Find more posts by Endless Mike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King Kandy

Re: Re: King Kandy's Super Tourney!

Originally posted by Endless Mike
How do you define this? Whether an attack can be defended against or not depends not only on the nature of the attack, but on the target. Against a normal human, a salvo of bullets from a machine gun would be "an attack that cannot be defended against". And even if you have an ability like the one in your example, teleporting someone into a solid object, that could be defended against by characters with certain powers (e.g. Shadowcat).

You have to use reason on that kind of thing... you obviously understand what I mean is that it is basically an uncounterable maneuver (even an intangible character could merely survive it, not avoid it). Obviously, the majority of low-herald characters can probably defend against a bullet salvo. The same couldn't be said for say, a soul-suck technique that displays near 100% effectiveness.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2010 07:48 AM
Black bolt z
Mindsets Master

Can I be a judge?

i've tried competeing before and I suck at it sad

Old Post Sep 20th, 2010 05:19 PM
Black bolt z is currently offline Click here to Send Black bolt z a Private Message Find more posts by Black bolt z Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King Kandy

Charlotte has signed on as a judge.

Competitors at this point are better than judges, but if you really don't think you're up for it sure.

Old Post Sep 20th, 2010 08:37 PM
Black bolt z
Mindsets Master

Originally posted by King Kandy
Charlotte has signed on as a judge.

Competitors at this point are better than judges, but if you really don't think you're up for it sure.
Thanks.

Old Post Sep 20th, 2010 09:02 PM
Black bolt z is currently offline Click here to Send Black bolt z a Private Message Find more posts by Black bolt z Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote