KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Battlezone » Nate Grey Summers vs Norrin Radd (tournament style)

Nate Grey Summers vs Norrin Radd (tournament style)
Started by: "Id"

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

Nate Grey Summers vs Norrin Radd (tournament style)

Shaman X-Man vs Silver Surfer
(please log in to view the image)

No - Prep
No - CIS & PIS.
Yes - Bloodlust
Yes - Full Knowledge on both Side.
Plus - X-Man gains Cable’s Knowledge/Experience.

Match takes place on deserted, dead, and empty planet.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2010 08:26 PM
"Id" is currently offline Click here to Send "Id" a Private Message Find more posts by "Id" Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

Shaman X-Man (Info)

Old Post Oct 21st, 2010 08:29 PM
"Id" is currently offline Click here to Send "Id" a Private Message Find more posts by "Id" Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

Silver Surfer (info)

Old Post Oct 21st, 2010 08:34 PM
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

Old Post Oct 21st, 2010 08:42 PM
psycho gundam is currently offline Click here to Send psycho gundam a Private Message Find more posts by psycho gundam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

quote: (post)
Originally posted by psycho gundam

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2010 03:25 AM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

If Nate can get his shields up before Surfer blitzes, then his chances of winning are pretty good. If not, Surfer wins.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2010 03:28 AM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kgkg
Vigilante

Silver Surfer

Stay Thirsty, My Friends.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2010 05:13 AM
kgkg is currently offline Click here to Send kgkg a Private Message Find more posts by kgkg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Uriel005

Originally posted by Galan007
If Nate can get his shields up before Surfer blitzes, then his chances of winning are pretty good. If not, Surfer wins.

Precog gets shields up before surfer hits. Also Cable is a tactical genius as well as having many years of practical experience.

Have to give this to Xman 6-7/10 over surfer. Surfer's psy resistance maybe high but it isn't going to compare to someone whos powers have been called near equal to phoenix force avatars/ Dark Phoenix and has only increased in skill since then. Xman to my knowledge hasn't really been nerfed and his power and control keeps going up and up. Giving him the capacity of Cable for control as well as his own which it is likely he removed his vampiric infection from Morbius with he will psychic stomp surfer.

Surfer does have more experience but not necessarily more raw power than xman and in bloodlusted state I think that further works in Xman's favor. Surfer would do better without it IMO in this case.

However Xman with Cable experience even without bloodlust I'm not really sure how Surfer could beat Nate in a straight fight.

Only real way I see surfer doing it is go back in time and kill Nate before he comes into his powers.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2010 05:46 AM
Uriel005 is currently offline Click here to Send Uriel005 a Private Message Find more posts by Uriel005 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

^ Nate needs to have his shields up if he's going to last. Otherwise this would end much like the Surfer/Jesus-Cable battle, me thinks.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2010 05:57 AM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Uriel005

Originally posted by Galan007
^ Nate needs to have his shields up if he's going to last. Otherwise this would end much like the Surfer/Jesus-Cable battle, me thinks.

Like I said Nate has precognition. He'll have the shields up.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2010 06:10 AM
Uriel005 is currently offline Click here to Send Uriel005 a Private Message Find more posts by Uriel005 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

^ I don't necessarily disagree, I was just throwing that out there.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2010 06:16 AM
Uriel005

bump

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2010 08:47 PM
Dark Riddick
Restricted

Account Restricted

what would the shields provide nate with?

last i check he is mostly intangible for the most part.

not saying that SS cant hit him but, should give nate a few precious seconds to raise shields and what not while SS calibrates his attacks.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2010 09:11 PM
Dark Riddick is currently offline Click here to Send Dark Riddick a Private Message Find more posts by Dark Riddick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by King Castle
what would the shields provide nate with?
Shielding?

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2010 09:22 PM
Bentley
Seitei

Time to say to Surfer "I'm sorry".

Norrin's philosophical training makes him ask himself if he's doing the right thing. Then Grey mind-rapes using that weakness evil face

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2010 09:29 PM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Parmaniac
Evincar of KMC

Originally posted by Bentley
Time to say to Surfer "I'm sorry".

Norrin's philosophical training makes him ask himself if he's doing the right thing. Then Grey mind-rapes using that weakness evil face
Shouldn't you be outside and wreak havoc on the streets of france?

“I once had an entire race killed just to listen to the rattling of their dried bones as I waded through them.” —Volrath

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2010 09:36 PM
Parmaniac is currently offline Click here to Send Parmaniac a Private Message Find more posts by Parmaniac Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
rader
Person

I Surfer's sheer versatility wins. I don't think X-Man's shields would hold up to a blackhole, and Surfer's also got speed on his side. I'm an X-Man fanboy, but I can't see him taking more than 1-2/10, especially without CIS. If Nate started with his shield up, I can't see it staying up for more than a hit or 2.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2010 05:03 PM
rader is currently offline Click here to Send rader a Private Message Find more posts by rader Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
makenzye

Surfer's "philosophy" has sort of been changed after his Galactus upgrade in Annihilation.

If the Surfer were looking to kill the opponent, which it seems he is, given the bloodlust, plus full knowledge of his opponent, it would be a difficult fight, but I'm pretty sure Surfer would win.

And if not, he'd just make a black hole and be done with the whole thing.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2010 05:17 PM
makenzye is currently offline Click here to Send makenzye a Private Message Find more posts by makenzye Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

Big talk about Surfers supposed speed superiority. Norrin speed blitzing Nate is now unlikely, when X-Man perceives the world in “Planck Time”. The one that needs to watch out, is Norrin because Nate can now swim with out getting wet, and land hard shots on Norrin’s blind spots.

This is what going to happen. At the beginning of the fight, Norrin will attempt to speed blitz, and bull-rush, in efforts to physically maul down Nate. Only he will seemingly miss his target, because his target is no longer their. Suddenly Nate will lock the immediate vicinity surrounding Norrin. With Norrin locked between time/space, Surfer incontrovertibly becomes Nate‘s cosmic punching bag. At this point Nate can do any number of things like; wipe out his entire memory from his line of history, while Nate bombs away over a motionless, and brain dead Surfer.

Originally posted by Uriel005

Only real way I see surfer doing it is go back in time and kill Nate before he comes into his powers.

Wouldn’t you agree, that even then that seems highly unrealistic.

Last edited by "Id" on Oct 24th, 2010 at 02:31 AM

Old Post Oct 24th, 2010 02:26 AM
Uriel005

Originally posted by "Id"
Big talk about Surfers supposed speed superiority. Norrin speed blitzing Nate is now unlikely, when X-Man perceives the world in “Planck Time”. The one that needs to watch out, is Norrin because Nate can now swim with out getting wet, and land hard shots on Norrin’s blind spots.

This is what going to happen. At the beginning of the fight, Norrin will attempt to speed blitz, and bull-rush, in efforts to physically maul down Nate. Only he will seemingly miss his target, because his target is no longer their. Suddenly Nate will lock the immediate vicinity surrounding Norrin. With Norrin locked between time/space, Surfer incontrovertibly becomes Nate‘s cosmic punching bag. At this point Nate can do any number of things like; wipe out his entire memory from his line of history, while Nate bombs away over a motionless, and brain dead Surfer.

Wouldn’t you agree, that even then that seems highly unrealistic.

Just saying of his powers to use against Nate it's the only real way I see him winning.

Also to prior comment about power versatility, Power versatility doesn't count for anything in the face of fewer powers with raw and overwhelming force.

Unless it's surfer amped to beyond galactus level he's not going to take it from Nate. You can pretty much easily list the number of beings able to beat Nate.

High end reality manipulaters Jaspers, Richards, peak Phoenix,

Beings that can bring to absurd amounts of energy to the field, galactus, beyonder, inbetweener pre-retcon, Abstracts.

Some thinkers, prepmasters, and high end mages
peak classic strange, Doom, Reed, kid omega, few others but you get the idea.

Old Post Oct 24th, 2010 04:45 AM