KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Battlezone » candid kandy odds

candid kandy odds
Started by: Blair Wind

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Blair Wind
The Iron Avenger

candid kandy odds

This seems a little late, but I figure an odds thread for a tournament is always needed.

Contestants are:

Ambient with Ironman, Warlock, and Grail

Inimilist with Starhawk, Exodus, and Giselle

Smurph with Magneto, Lightray, and Monolith

Charlotte with Engineer, Superskrull, and Emma Frost

Blair Wind with Box, Nero, and Persuader

Colossus with Apoc, Wolvie, and Omega Red

>010010100100000101010010010101100100100101010011<

Old Post Jan 17th, 2011 03:39 AM
Blair Wind is currently offline Click here to Send Blair Wind a Private Message Find more posts by Blair Wind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

(please log in to view the image)

ok, i see how it is

colossus FTW

Old Post Jan 17th, 2011 03:46 AM
psycho gundam is currently offline Click here to Send psycho gundam a Private Message Find more posts by psycho gundam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Blair or inimilist, based more on effort I've seen than just the teams. Legit reasons or not for the lack of timeliness from others, diligence is rewarded in these things.

Plenty of people could make a bid if they make a real go of it. I particularly enjoy Ambient's team, and the Engineer. Emma and Skrull seem like they have too much of a limit to their potential, even though a telepath is, in theory, dangerous in this tourney.

Old Post Jan 17th, 2011 06:35 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blair Wind
The Iron Avenger

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Digi
I particularly enjoy Ambient's team

I like Ambients team too - even though he screwed me up during drafts . Taking my team out of the equation, and basing this on what I would do if I were fielding the teams, his team is my favorite with Smurph's close behind.

I also like Inimilists use of vastly underused characters. thumb up

Last edited by Blair Wind on Jan 17th, 2011 at 03:31 PM

Old Post Jan 17th, 2011 03:25 PM
Blair Wind is currently offline Click here to Send Blair Wind a Private Message Find more posts by Blair Wind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tsilamini

were I a betting man, I'd probably go with Blair, though in terms of what I'd be more comfortable fielding, either Smurph or Charlotte, more because they have very blanaced teams with a lot of variety to debate with.

Actually, I'd love to give a go at the Horsemen idea with Colossus' characters, tbh. It is a pretty good strategy.

Originally posted by Blair Wind
inimalist with Starhawk, Exodus, and Giselle

fixed

It was part of the strategy, we'll have to see how it breaks this round though... /shrug

Last edited by tsilamini on Jan 17th, 2011 at 06:56 PM

Old Post Jan 17th, 2011 06:41 PM
tsilamini is currently offline Click here to Send tsilamini a Private Message Find more posts by tsilamini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Black bolt z
Mindsets Master

Either Charlotte or Inimalist.

Old Post Jan 17th, 2011 07:01 PM
Black bolt z is currently offline Click here to Send Black bolt z a Private Message Find more posts by Black bolt z Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blair Wind
The Iron Avenger

Originally posted by Black bolt z
Either Charlotte

Not sure what Charlotte is planning. She usually goes with a more psychic scenario. Not sure how Superskrull plays into her plans, but I'd like a crack at her. Never got over her calling me a paper tiger

There should be a tournament for veterans only: break the stereotype. You can only draft a team that no one would actually expect you to pick in terms of power sets (at least the entire motif cant be a -blank- based team). See how well people do then laughing out loud

Not that I'd actually participate in something that cheesy., but I think my next goal is to break my own stereotype of characters.

Old Post Jan 18th, 2011 05:03 AM
Ambient
MAJIN_OVERLORD

I like Ambients team too - even though he screwed me up during drafts .

big grin big grin

Near impossile to find info on those guys.. lol's

I think we have something similar in mind..

I usually field the like of Smurph's picks, so they're my fav's next is yours..

My Artwork

Old Post Jan 21st, 2011 03:57 AM
Ambient is currently offline Click here to Send Ambient a Private Message Find more posts by Ambient Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blair Wind
The Iron Avenger

Originally posted by Ambient
big grin big grin

I think we have something similar in mind..

I usually field the like of Smurph's picks, so they're my fav's next is yours..

Naw, I was going in a completely different direction before you made me change my plans. I ended up re-using an old idea, but I'm sure one day I'll get to use my original idea.

Old Post Jan 21st, 2011 04:43 AM
Omega Vision
Face Flowed Into Her Eyes

Never got over her calling me a paper tiger

I for one have strangled people for less. stick out tongue

“Where the longleaf pines are whispering
to him who loved them so.
Where the faint murmurs now dwindling
echo o’er tide and shore."

-A Grave Epitaph in Santa Rosa County, Florida; I wish I could remember the man's name.

Old Post Jan 21st, 2011 06:57 PM
Omega Vision is currently offline Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blair Wind
The Iron Avenger

Originally posted by Omega Vision
I for one have strangled people for less. stick out tongue

But she's a girl. sad

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2011 02:23 AM
Digi
Forum Leader

@Blair mostly:

In the "by invite only" veteran tourney that I've long planned but will never actually run (alas), it would be a series of battlezones each with their own unique rules and power levels, but with a traditional elimination format. And one of the matches I concocted was Scoobless vs. {somebody} with Scoob having to pick from the list of tourney-winning characters that he's never used, and his opponent getting to choose from anyone Scoob ever won with. Sounded similar enough to your drafting aspirations that I thought I'd mention it.

Others included Pr vs. Mungi, with a team of X-Men vs. a team of Alpha Flight members. Jinzin/Digi, Wolverine/Spider-Man, and I forget some of the others. A fun idea, and the only tourney I'd still actually agree to run, but it's hard finding enough vets who are still around.

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2011 04:26 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

my god would that be epic

pr(x-men)/mungi(alpha flight) and you(spider-man)/jinzin(wolverine) must happen

the respected combatant post count, scan links, and knowledge of long forgotten and overlooked (to most) feats for those battles would be huge. we need more of that here

i'll be pushing this idea thumb up

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2011 04:38 AM
psycho gundam is currently offline Click here to Send psycho gundam a Private Message Find more posts by psycho gundam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Ya, sick idea, right? It's always on the back burner of my mind, I just don't have the time to do it right, nor the will atm.

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2011 04:45 AM
tsilamini

Originally posted by Ambient
big grin big grin

just going to throw this out there, and I assume a mod will have to edit this, but if any participant wants access to the same resources I am using for my characters, or for their characters (for instance, I have the entire new mutants run with warlock), I am not above sharing this.

PM pls

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2011 04:51 AM
tsilamini is currently offline Click here to Send tsilamini a Private Message Find more posts by tsilamini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

@Blair mostly:

In the "by invite only" veteran tourney that I've long planned but will never actually run (alas), it would be a series of battlezones each with their own unique rules and power levels, but with a traditional elimination format. And one of the matches I concocted was Scoobless vs. {somebody} with Scoob having to pick from the list of tourney-winning characters that he's never used, and his opponent getting to choose from anyone Scoob ever won with. Sounded similar enough to your drafting aspirations that I thought I'd mention it.

Others included Pr vs. Mungi, with a team of X-Men vs. a team of Alpha Flight members. Jinzin/Digi, Wolverine/Spider-Man, and I forget some of the others. A fun idea, and the only tourney I'd still actually agree to run, but it's hard finding enough vets who are still around.

Id X-Man or Spawn.

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2011 05:00 AM
"Id" is currently offline Click here to Send "Id" a Private Message Find more posts by "Id" Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

Hahaha sounds like a fun tourney, some of the veterans did pretty awesome matches back in the day. I also recall Digi using Spider-man in a recent tourney which was cool -with Pip the troll too-.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2011 10:04 AM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Originally posted by Bentley
Hahaha sounds like a fun tourney, some of the veterans did pretty awesome matches back in the day. I also recall Digi using Spider-man in a recent tourney which was cool -with Pip the troll too-.

Get your story right, I didn't use Pip, I punked his ass.

...but yeah, I kinda already won a tourney with Pete. Part of me doesn't really need to revisit that, since I feel like I've gotten as much out of him as anyone will in a tourney setting (and I was using his haxx Iron suit).

The only tourney level I actually want to enter at this point is high meta. Anything outside of that just doesn't interest me atm.

Originally posted by inimalist
just going to throw this out there, and I assume a mod will have to edit this, but if any participant wants access to the same resources I am using for my characters, or for their characters (for instance, I have the entire new mutants run with warlock), I am not above sharing this.

PM pls

It's not condoned on the forums, but neither are such resources a secret. Anyone interested enough likely wouldn't need to PM you to find what they're looking for.

But that also raises the question of why you're offering help to, well, anyone that isn't yourself. Especially in a tourney you're participating in.

stick out tongue

Last edited by Digi on Jan 23rd, 2011 at 02:49 AM

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2011 02:46 AM
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

Get your story right, I didn't use Pip, I punked his ass.

a pox on the judges
The only tourney level I actually want to enter at this point is high meta.
i'll be waiting

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2011 03:07 AM
tsilamini

But that also raises the question of why you're offering help to, well, anyone that isn't yourself. Especially in a tourney you're participating in.

stick out tongue

freedom of information happens to be a more important to me than winning a comic book debate. And I prefer a fair fight (besides, why would I be afraid of providing information about how bad ass my characters are?)

stick out tongue

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2011 05:28 PM