KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Battlezone » Captain America (Steve) vs Cassandra Cain

Captain America (Steve) vs Cassandra Cain
Started by: comicdude

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
comicdude
Member

Gender:
Location: ComicVine

Captain America (Steve) vs Cassandra Cain

Morals On
Random Encounter
Standard Equipment
NYC
No prep
KO

I am up for debate. I'm going for Steve.

Old Post Mar 6th, 2011 02:10 PM
comicdude is currently offline Click here to Send comicdude a Private Message Find more posts by comicdude Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
comicdude
Member

Gender:
Location: ComicVine

Anyone?

Old Post Mar 6th, 2011 02:11 PM
comicdude is currently offline Click here to Send comicdude a Private Message Find more posts by comicdude Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
joesha28
Asgard's Advocate

Gender: Male
Location:

With SSS, i say Cap wins this... he's taken stronger, faster guys than Cassie.


__________________

Old Post Mar 10th, 2011 09:33 AM
joesha28 is currently offline Click here to Send joesha28 a Private Message Find more posts by joesha28 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

Gender: Unspecified
Location: France

quote: (post)
Originally posted by joesha28
With SSS, i say Cap wins this... he's taken stronger, faster guys than Cassie.



None of which has Cassie's skills though.


__________________


My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Mar 10th, 2011 09:59 AM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dum Dum Dugan
Senior Member

Gender: Unspecified
Location: United States

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Bentley
None of which has Cassie's skills though.

He just as skilled if not more so then her.

Old Post Mar 10th, 2011 02:52 PM
Dum Dum Dugan is currently offline Click here to Send Dum Dum Dugan a Private Message Find more posts by Dum Dum Dugan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

Gender: Unspecified
Location: France

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying he doesn't win. But when citing people who is faster but not skilled the argument can be misleading, I just don't see any speedster seasoned fighter going easily against Steve.


__________________


My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Mar 10th, 2011 03:08 PM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Daredevil1
Senior Member

Gender: Unspecified
Location: United States

In a fight I'll go with Steve.

Old Post Mar 10th, 2011 03:31 PM
Daredevil1 is currently offline Click here to Send Daredevil1 a Private Message Find more posts by Daredevil1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chomperx9
Restricted

Gender: Male
Location: United States

Account Restricted

H2H no weapons I slightly give it to cassie, with his shield he wins


__________________

Old Post Mar 11th, 2011 06:23 AM
chomperx9 is currently offline Click here to Send chomperx9 a Private Message Find more posts by chomperx9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega Vision
Face Flowed Into Her Eyes

Gender: Male
Location: Miami Metropolitan Area

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Dum Dum Dugan
if not more so then her.


__________________

“Where the longleaf pines are whispering
to him who loved them so.
Where the faint murmurs now dwindling
echo o’er tide and shore."

-A Grave Epitaph in Santa Rosa County, Florida; I wish I could remember the man's name.

Old Post Mar 12th, 2011 06:30 PM
Omega Vision is currently offline Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deadline
Junior Member

Gender: Male
Location: United Kingdom

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Omega Vision


Got any showings of her one-shotting a guy that can take shots from Thor?


__________________
Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.
- General George Patton Jr

Old Post Mar 13th, 2011 11:19 AM
Deadline is currently offline Click here to Send Deadline a Private Message Find more posts by Deadline Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega Vision
Face Flowed Into Her Eyes

Gender: Male
Location: Miami Metropolitan Area

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Deadline
Got any showings of her one-shotting a guy that can take shots from Thor?

What instance are you referring to? Because that doesn't sound like a skill feat so much as good-old-fashioned comic book stupidity.

But in either case there is this:
(please log in to view the image)


__________________

“Where the longleaf pines are whispering
to him who loved them so.
Where the faint murmurs now dwindling
echo o’er tide and shore."

-A Grave Epitaph in Santa Rosa County, Florida; I wish I could remember the man's name.

Old Post Mar 13th, 2011 11:11 PM
Omega Vision is currently offline Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Daredevil1
Senior Member

Gender: Unspecified
Location: United States

Wait Cap's feats are stupid but the one you posted of her getting through S.Boys force field is not?

Cap has skill......the guy knows "where" to hit. As he takes out the Wrecker.

(please log in to view the image)


Anyways these feats don't translate on how well they do against there own peers. Cass is no joke though she has stalemated Slade, stalemated Bruce, defeated Shiva. Her record is way better then Shiva. So I definitely can't speak to ill of her.

But Cap as well has stalemated Shang Chi, to have a advantage against Post power up Ironfist and having the advantages on many of his other peers(some circumstantial)

Basically I see this is Cap fans giving him the edge due to physical/mental stats combined with being one of the best fighters.

But I also can see why BG fans can claim she wins, as she is ranked number 1 for good reason and IMO she does have more knowledge in the exotic martial arts.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2011 06:22 AM
Daredevil1 is currently offline Click here to Send Daredevil1 a Private Message Find more posts by Daredevil1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deadline
Junior Member

Gender: Male
Location: United Kingdom

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Omega Vision
What instance are you referring to?


Loads.


quote: (post)
Originally posted by Omega Vision

Because that doesn't sound like a skill feat so much as good-old-fashioned comic book stupidity.

But in either case there is this:
(please log in to view the image)



Ok why do you get to define that as stupidty. Cap has more impressive feats.

It also looks like she did by distracting him, not that isn't impressive.




quote: (post)
Originally posted by Daredevil1
Anyways these feats don't translate on how well they do against there own peers.


Not by itself but it can be used to supplement a case. I don't know of any third tier pulling stuff like that.


__________________
Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.
- General George Patton Jr

Old Post Mar 14th, 2011 11:03 AM
Deadline is currently offline Click here to Send Deadline a Private Message Find more posts by Deadline Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega Vision
Face Flowed Into Her Eyes

Gender: Male
Location: Miami Metropolitan Area

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Daredevil1
Wait Cap's feats are stupid but the one you posted of her getting through S.Boys force field is not?

Cap has skill......the guy knows "where" to hit. As he takes out the Wrecker.

(please log in to view the image)


Anyways these feats don't translate on how well they do against there own peers. Cass is no joke though she has stalemated Slade, stalemated Bruce, defeated Shiva. Her record is way better then Shiva. So I definitely can't speak to ill of her.

But Cap as well has stalemated Shang Chi, to have a advantage against Post power up Ironfist and having the advantages on many of his other peers(some circumstantial)

Basically I see this is Cap fans giving him the edge due to physical/mental stats combined with being one of the best fighters.

But I also can see why BG fans can claim she wins, as she is ranked number 1 for good reason and IMO she does have more knowledge in the exotic martial arts.

I wasn't trying to claim that Cass's feat isn't stupid, it is.

I just don't think that comic book PIS should be taken as skill.


__________________

“Where the longleaf pines are whispering
to him who loved them so.
Where the faint murmurs now dwindling
echo o’er tide and shore."

-A Grave Epitaph in Santa Rosa County, Florida; I wish I could remember the man's name.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2011 04:36 PM
Omega Vision is currently offline Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deadline
Junior Member

Gender: Male
Location: United Kingdom

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Omega Vision
I wasn't trying to claim that Cass's feat isn't stupid, it is.

I just don't think that comic book PIS should be taken as skill.


Who gets to decide its PIS? In comics skills can be just as effective as powers, why would it be PIS when a character like Cap has been doing it since the 60s? Why do we start saying that hurting bricks is PIS when you live in a world were people can learn to have magical powers and get powers from radiation instead of cancer.

You're basically picking and choosing.


__________________
Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.
- General George Patton Jr

Old Post Mar 14th, 2011 05:36 PM
Deadline is currently offline Click here to Send Deadline a Private Message Find more posts by Deadline Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega Vision
Face Flowed Into Her Eyes

Gender: Male
Location: Miami Metropolitan Area

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Deadline
Who gets to decide its PIS? In comics skills can be just as effective as powers, why would it be PIS when a character like Cap has been doing it since the 60s? Why do we start saying that hurting bricks is PIS when you live in a world were people can learn to have magical powers and get powers from radiation instead of cancer.

You're basically picking and choosing.

Lulz. Internal consistency is the name of the game.

Cap and Batman shouldn't be able to KO bricks, they do, but they shouldn't. Certainly not because of "skill", unless its a "skill" like Chi Amping or Karate Kid's 'super karate'


__________________

“Where the longleaf pines are whispering
to him who loved them so.
Where the faint murmurs now dwindling
echo o’er tide and shore."

-A Grave Epitaph in Santa Rosa County, Florida; I wish I could remember the man's name.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2011 05:51 PM
Omega Vision is currently offline Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deadline
Junior Member

Gender: Male
Location: United Kingdom

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Lulz. Internal consistency is the name of the game.


Exactly within the context of the universe its possible as its been shown for Cap for 100s of years. Within the context of a comic universe a person can have superhuman skill.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Omega Vision

Cap and Batman shouldn't be able to KO bricks, they do, but they shouldn't. Certainly not because of "skill", unless its a "skill" like Chi Amping or Karate Kid's 'super karate'


That is a purely subjective statement, you do realise that you actually have to explain your case? All your doing is stating your opinion and theres nothing inherently more logical about it.

Both Cap and Batman know how to use chi as well. Considering that chi is supposed to be a quasi-mystical force and both of them know how to use it you're arguing its illogical for them to have amazing feats (hurting bricks in this case) with it.

Picking and choosing. Hell why don't we start arguing that its illogical for KK to do it as well?


__________________
Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.
- General George Patton Jr

Old Post Mar 14th, 2011 06:16 PM
Deadline is currently offline Click here to Send Deadline a Private Message Find more posts by Deadline Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord_Dagoth
Member

Gender:
Location: Canada

Cassandra Cain.

Old Post Apr 1st, 2011 02:37 AM
Lord_Dagoth is currently offline Click here to Send Lord_Dagoth a Private Message Find more posts by Lord_Dagoth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Juk3n
Devils Advocate

Gender: Male
Location:

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Omega Vision
What instance are you referring to? Because that doesn't sound like a skill feat so much as good-old-fashioned comic book stupidity.

But in either case there is this:
(please log in to view the image)


This is the level of debate? Cassie is now a threat to a kryptonian? roll eyes (sarcastic)


__________________

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2011 09:45 AM
Juk3n is currently offline Click here to Send Juk3n a Private Message Find more posts by Juk3n Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CosmicComet
Senior Member

Gender: Male
Location: United States

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Bentley
None of which has Cassie's skills though.


Skill is next to impossible to quantify. One must realize that pretty much all showings of skill in fiction can be broken down into physical traits like speed, reaction time, hand-eye-coordination etc.


__________________

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2011 10:14 PM
CosmicComet is currently offline Click here to Send CosmicComet a Private Message Find more posts by CosmicComet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
All times are UTC. The time now is 10:07 AM.
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread

Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Battlezone » Captain America (Steve) vs Cassandra Cain

Email this Page
Subscribe to this Thread
   Post New Thread  Post A Reply

Forum Jump:
Search by user:
 

Forum Rules:
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is OFF
vB code is ON
Smilies are ON
[IMG] code is ON

Text-only version
 

< - KillerMovies.com - Forum Archive - Forum Rules >


© Copyright 2000-2006, KillerMovies.com. All Rights Reserved.
Powered by: vBulletin, copyright ©2000-2006, Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.