KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Battlezone » Curryman's Tourney Amalgams/Matchups!

Curryman's Tourney Amalgams/Matchups!
Started by: curryman

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
curryman

Curryman's Tourney Amalgams/Matchups!

Old Post Jul 13th, 2013 04:22 PM
curryman is currently offline Click here to Send curryman a Private Message Find more posts by curryman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
curryman

As you can see the first matchups are;

Abhilegend vs Beatboks

Digi vs Psycho Gundam

They will begin on Wednesday 2pm gmt+0 and last until the next Tuesday 2pm gmt +0. 6 days.

Once these matches have finished we'll commence with the others.

Bada is taking bets and Delph is fixing matches.

Last edited by curryman on Jul 13th, 2013 at 04:29 PM

Old Post Jul 13th, 2013 04:25 PM
curryman is currently offline Click here to Send curryman a Private Message Find more posts by curryman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
illadelph
aka Rakim Illa

@ 90% of these theme songs.

Smh...

PSN: Illadelph12Prime, Haksaw_Jim_Thugn - Tumblr: Mighty-Illactus
>Z<

Old Post Jul 13th, 2013 04:30 PM
illadelph is currently offline Click here to Send illadelph a Private Message Find more posts by illadelph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

*looks at bracket*

I see how it is.

*rolls up sleeves*

Also, my amalgam name is randomized using random wiki articles chosen by curry. I didn't know what it would be, and it will change as the tourney progresses. Honor Glide is...surprisingly normal.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2013 04:34 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

hmm, interesting. so cdb has polaris, miss martian and emma...? correct?

some unique teams. pretty solid stuff overall imo.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2013 04:41 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
curryman

Shit, I forgot to add that. I'll have to ask Badabing to edit it.

It's supposed to be (Miss Martian, Emma, Polaris)

Old Post Jul 13th, 2013 04:42 PM
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Digi
*looks at bracket*

I see how it is.

*rolls up sleeves*

Also, my amalgam name is randomized using random wiki articles chosen by curry. I didn't know what it would be, and it will change as the tourney progresses. Honor Glide is...surprisingly normal.

lol

i just looked at it. yeah, the bottom half of that draw is a little on the heavier side. me, you, pg and id all in the bottom. ah well. gotta beat y'all sometime. luck everyone. wink

Old Post Jul 13th, 2013 04:43 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

My amalgam's name was chosen by Curry too.

Last edited by abhilegend on Jul 13th, 2013 at 04:54 PM

Old Post Jul 13th, 2013 04:51 PM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

i mentioned them above--emma, martian and polaris.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2013 04:52 PM
curryman

And lmao, I didn't notice that I put a great deal of the heavy hitters in the same bracket.

That oughta make things interesting : )

Old Post Jul 13th, 2013 04:53 PM
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

that first match will be very important now as the loser will have a LONG way to go and every match from there on will be an elimination match. these double eliminations are cool (when i played beach volleyball i played in many many of them...) but if you lose that opener it is a B!TCH..... so, don't lose it. smile

Old Post Jul 13th, 2013 04:59 PM
Digi
Forum Leader

Originally posted by curryman
And lmao, I didn't notice that I put a great deal of the heavy hitters in the same bracket.

That oughta make things interesting : )

There's 4 tourney victories and 3 runners-up finishes in the bottom half of the bracket. Granted, I account for one of each, so there's no intimidation, but still.

And the top half has...two people who have entered tourneys before.

So yeah, I'd call this an understatement.

Last edited by Digi on Jul 13th, 2013 at 07:06 PM

Old Post Jul 13th, 2013 07:04 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Charlotte DeBel
White Queen of KMC

Three times in semifinals (twice, actually, team tourney at the Deph's forum was a "due-to-drop-out"), same tourney record as Id (didn't remember him getting to finals also). But then again, this is the BEST in upper half.
So... it's imbalanced. Would have been EVEN more imbalanced if me and Sin I Am switched placessmile With ALL finalists/semifinalists of previous tourneys ending up in one half.

Beware Blonde Badasses Emma Frost K' Dante

RIP Fluffy

Old Post Jul 13th, 2013 07:14 PM
Charlotte DeBel is currently offline Click here to Send Charlotte DeBel a Private Message Find more posts by Charlotte DeBel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Originally posted by Charlotte DeBel
Three times in semifinals (twice, actually, team tourney at the Deph's forum was a "due-to-drop-out"), same tourney record as Id (didn't remember him getting to finals also). But then again, this is the BEST in upper half.
So... it's imbalanced. Would have been EVEN more imbalanced if me and Sin I Am switched placessmile

You're the tourney vet, so yeah, I didn't mean to short-change you. But the point is the same about the bracket disparity. Still, should make for some interesting matches.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2013 07:15 PM
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

don't want to be "that guy", but i don't fully agree on the hand-picked match scheme. the bracket is lopsided and also kind of panders to the people that are most likely being mislabeled as newbs.

i just want it to be a random draw as everyone deserves to sweep the competition just as much as everyone deserves to get wrecked every time. no easy mode

Old Post Jul 13th, 2013 09:53 PM
psycho gundam is currently offline Click here to Send psycho gundam a Private Message Find more posts by psycho gundam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Originally posted by psycho gundam
don't want to be "that guy", but i don't fully agree on the hand-picked match scheme. the bracket is lopsided and also kind of panders to the people that are most likely being mislabeled as newbs.

i just want it to be a random draw as everyone deserves to sweep the competition just as much as everyone deserves to get wrecked every time. no easy mode

thumb up

It may be too late, but I was a proponent of randomization from the start, so I agree. As much as I want to beat on PG in a few days, something that is mathematically impartial is, imo, the best way to handle it.

Curry's done a great job with everything, though. Whatever is decided, we'll deal with it and continue to be awesome (well, I will at least).

Last edited by Digi on Jul 13th, 2013 at 10:07 PM

Old Post Jul 13th, 2013 10:04 PM
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

thought it was joke at first, but the picked matches were true
not a knock on curryman at all but it should be random.

i had one of the worst op's in history for my first tournament, but no hand outs were given my way nor the way of anyone else, and that was a time when tournaments were frequent

Old Post Jul 13th, 2013 10:14 PM
psycho gundam is currently offline Click here to Send psycho gundam a Private Message Find more posts by psycho gundam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chipguy_okay

Never-mind. I wasn't looking hard enough.

Last edited by chipguy_okay on Jul 13th, 2013 at 11:14 PM

Old Post Jul 13th, 2013 11:11 PM
chipguy_okay is currently offline Click here to Send chipguy_okay a Private Message Find more posts by chipguy_okay Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
curryman

The first 2 matches will remain as they are, but I will agree with randomizing the other ones smile

Does anyone have a site where I can just type in the names and it does all the work for me?

Last edited by curryman on Jul 14th, 2013 at 02:48 AM

Old Post Jul 14th, 2013 02:44 AM
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

Err any reason why?

Old Post Jul 14th, 2013 02:50 AM