KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Character Respect Forum » Eric Draven...

Eric Draven...
Started by: Rogue Jedi

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Eric Draven...

ERIC DRAVEN

(please log in to view the image)

Eric Draven, the protagonist of The Crow, was murdered the night before his wedding along with Shelly Webster, his fiancée. One year later from the night of his murder, Eric is brought back from the dead by supernatural forces, represented solely by a crow. He slowly regains his memories of what happened and who he once was, soon after deciding to take revenge on those who were involved in his and his fiancée's murders. He cannot die, and has superhuman powers allowing him to be relatively stronger and faster than an average human. After killing the men who were involved in the murders, Eric goes after their leader known as Top Dollar. Whilst pursuing him in a church, Top Dollar's mistress attempts to kill the crow once discovering that it is the source of Eric's powers. Her eyes are subsequently pecked out, but in the process the bird is shot. Eric is no longer immortal. Soon after, there is a fight scene between Top Dollar and Eric who is victorious in the end. Afterward, he crawls to Shelly's grave and her angel descends, presumably to take him. He disappears, ending the film. Throughout the majority of the film, his face is painted all white with black lining his eyes and lips, sometimes referred to as "crow face" by fans. It is modeled after a theatrical mask depicting an expression of deep sorrow, which Eric found by Shelly's makeup in their old apartment when he returns after being resurrected.

The Avenger, the Killer of killers.....

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Jan 1st, 2010 04:30 AM
Rogue Jedi is currently offline Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

Wonder what film RJ has just watched?

In all seriousness though, great character. I wonder if this film would still have the status it does if Brandon Lee hadn't died though.

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post Jan 1st, 2010 07:31 PM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

loved the first Crow film a whole lot

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jan 1st, 2010 08:40 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by jaden101
Wonder what film RJ has just watched?

In all seriousness though, great character. I wonder if this film would still have the status it does if Brandon Lee hadn't died though.
Haven't seen it in ages, but it's one of my all time faves. Definitely in my top five of all time.

If Lee hadn't died, I seriously doubt the film would have had such a huge following.

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2010 03:15 PM
Rogue Jedi is currently offline Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

LOL Jaden.

I dunno RJ.... I thought it was exceptional enough to warrant the recognition in its own right. As the movie is a genuine favorite of mine, thats why I dont think that the death of Lee was why it was what made it what it was.

I mean this wasnt the Dark Knight were are talking about here.
Once all the crying over Heath Ledger had become less fashionable, we were left with an overlong clunky-arse movie where the main character grunts nigh on incoherantly whenever he puts on his mask.

And that "You know how I got my scars" bullshit wore thin the first 37 times it was repeated in the 1st showing of the movie. Its unbearable and cringeworthy now.

The Crow FTW

"Van Zan is the Pinocchio of feces." - Lestov16

Last edited by Sadako of Girth on Jan 2nd, 2010 at 04:07 PM

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2010 04:05 PM
Sadako of Girth is currently offline Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

I'm not saying the movie isn't epic, obviously it IS epic, but I know for a fact that there are people out there who watched it just because they heard Lee died filming it, My sis, my cousin, my ex from that time, here friend, etc;

Dead on about TDK..."You wanna know how I got these scars?"

"Who gives a shit? Wanna know where I got this GUN?"

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2010 06:21 PM