KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Character Respect Forum » The Vigilante, Paul Kersey

The Vigilante, Paul Kersey
Started by: Snafu the Great

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Snafu the Great
Jerkass Woobie

The Vigilante, Paul Kersey

(please log in to view the image)

Paul Kersey was just your average New York architect with a wife and a grown-up daughter. He was good at what he did.

Until one day, he receives word that his old lady and his kid were assaulted by several hooligans (Trivia: Jeff Goldblum is one of said hooligans), da wife killed and his daughter raped.

As it turns out, those guys messed with the wrong guy.

While away in Arizona, Paul reveals himself to be a Korean War vet (and a crackshot) who served as a combat medic. Upon returning to New York, Paul goes vigilante, cleaning up the streets (and making the NYPD look bad).

Over the course of 20 years, Kersey has stomped nuts in New York and Los Angeles, racking up an impressive kill count in all five movies. This is Charles Bronson at his finest.

Originally, Steve McQueen was tapped for the role, but I guess he declined.

Chuck Norris learned his trademark move, along with his sense of duty and justice, from Jesus after watching Him roundhouse kick a money changer out of the temple.

Old Post Jan 10th, 2010 10:36 PM
Snafu the Great is currently offline Click here to Send Snafu the Great a Private Message Find more posts by Snafu the Great Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

one of the movie vigilante's of all time..

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jan 11th, 2010 04:11 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
rakugaki
wild zero

Nobody quite gets vengeance like he does. Gotta love part 3 when he destroys that gang with his buddy Wildey

Old Post Jan 11th, 2010 05:52 AM
rakugaki is currently offline Click here to Send rakugaki a Private Message Find more posts by rakugaki Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: The Vigilante, Paul Kersey

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Snafu the Great
(please log in to view the image)

(Trivia: Jeff Goldblum is one of said hooligans), da wife killed and his daughter raped.

As was Laurence Fishburne.

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Jan 11th, 2010 08:04 AM
Rogue Jedi is currently offline Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Havent gotten my Death Wish on in yeaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrs.

WELL overdue for anther watching.

Respect to the Kersey.

"Van Zan is the Pinocchio of feces." - Lestov16

Old Post Jan 12th, 2010 12:54 PM
Sadako of Girth is currently offline Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Big ass boombox blowing up the head of Morpheus is win.

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Jan 12th, 2010 01:52 PM
Rogue Jedi is currently offline Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wanderer11
Stalker

One of cinemas great icons.

Thanks to Scythe for the sig and avatar.

Old Post Jan 12th, 2010 02:29 PM
Wanderer11 is currently offline Click here to Send Wanderer11 a Private Message Find more posts by Wanderer11 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

He taught me that what a man can accomplish with a few quid's change and a sock.

"Van Zan is the Pinocchio of feces." - Lestov16

Old Post Jan 12th, 2010 03:15 PM
Sadako of Girth is currently offline Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sgt.Shakedown
Wannabe

Awesome character.

Sig and avatar by Scythe.

Old Post Jan 12th, 2010 03:37 PM
Sgt.Shakedown is currently offline Click here to Send Sgt.Shakedown a Private Message Find more posts by Sgt.Shakedown Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote