KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Character Respect Forum » S.H.I.E.L.D. Director, Nick Fury

S.H.I.E.L.D. Director, Nick Fury
Started by: Snafu the Great

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Snafu the Great
Jerkass Woobie

S.H.I.E.L.D. Director, Nick Fury

(please log in to view the image)
Samuel L. Jackson as Nick Fury.

Personally, I would like to see Metal Gear's Big Boss and Nick Fury bump heads. But Sam Jackson brings both intimdation and charisma to the role. Good thing Tony Stark's on his good side.

Trivia: Marvel had asked Jackson permission to use his likeness in their Ultimate Nick Fury comics. Jackson agreed.

Chuck Norris learned his trademark move, along with his sense of duty and justice, from Jesus after watching Him roundhouse kick a money changer out of the temple.

Old Post May 9th, 2010 06:11 PM
Snafu the Great is currently offline Click here to Send Snafu the Great a Private Message Find more posts by Snafu the Great Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Martin

Don't mean to be a prick but......what has he done to deserve respect?

Old Post May 9th, 2010 08:05 PM
Darth Martin is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Martin a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Martin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Snafu the Great
Jerkass Woobie

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Darth Martin

Three words. Samuel...Leroy...Jackson.

Chuck Norris learned his trademark move, along with his sense of duty and justice, from Jesus after watching Him roundhouse kick a money changer out of the temple.

Old Post May 10th, 2010 12:51 AM
Snafu the Great is currently offline Click here to Send Snafu the Great a Private Message Find more posts by Snafu the Great Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Exactly.....NOTHING

until of course when they around to doing another SHIELD movie.

Old Post May 10th, 2010 01:00 PM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Martin

Originally posted by Snafu the Great
Three words. Samuel...Leroy...Jackson.
SLJ is indeed one of the coolest to do it but.......his Fury potrayal is lackluster.

If your gonna make a respect thread for SLJ, do it for a more memorable character.

Mace Windu, Agent Flynn, Jules Winnfield, Frozone, Coach Carter, Louis Hinds, The Octopus, and Afro Samurai are all IMO worthy of their own threads.

Especially before Fury.

Old Post May 10th, 2010 10:00 PM
Darth Martin is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Martin a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Martin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Snafu the Great
Jerkass Woobie

Now that Jackson got the screen time he deserves, what's your take now?

Old Post May 7th, 2012 01:03 PM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

As much as i like them using the Ultimate version for the movie/s would've like to see the other used for the movies.

Old Post May 7th, 2012 01:20 PM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
the ninjak
FRINGE Division

He shot the wheels off a launching jet fighter on a runway with an RPG.....with one eye.

Old Post May 8th, 2012 03:38 PM
the ninjak is currently offline Click here to Send the ninjak a Private Message Find more posts by the ninjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

He'll get my respect when he bangs Black Widow.

Old Post May 9th, 2012 11:35 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

He did in the Ultimate universe. Married her too.

Then he slept with all of her friends and family for no apparant reason. Just to **** with her.

.... the Ultimate universe is basically the one where everyones a dick.

Old Post May 9th, 2012 11:42 PM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Then that's definitely what I want to see in the sequel. thumb up

Old Post May 10th, 2012 01:02 AM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Originally posted by Nephthys

Then he slept with all of her friends and family for no apparant reason. Just to **** with her.

Funny, I already lost whatever respect I had for the Ultimate universe plenty time before I knew about that.

Old Post May 11th, 2012 06:49 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
the ninjak
FRINGE Division

Originally posted by Nephthys

Ultimate Universe sucks. The only series I liked was Ultimate Xmen.

Spiderman, FF and the Ultimates all sucked monkey balls.

Old Post May 12th, 2012 09:05 AM
the ninjak is currently offline Click here to Send the ninjak a Private Message Find more posts by the ninjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

I read about the one from the 616 universe now has a Nick Fury who looks like the ultimate universe one.

Old Post May 25th, 2012 06:42 AM
the ninjak
FRINGE Division

Originally posted by Kazenji
I read about the one from the 616 universe now has a Nick Fury who looks like the ultimate universe one.

616 Fury looked like Jackson when he was hunted by the Skrulls.
It was a hologram suit.

Old Post May 25th, 2012 12:47 PM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by the ninjak
616 Fury looked like Jackson when he was hunted by the Skrulls.
It was a hologram suit.

But he's retired now since someone managed to extract the infinity formula from him and has let his son take over.....Well from what i read about it anyway it happen with " Battle Scars, Shattered Heroes ".

Old Post May 25th, 2012 01:33 PM
the ninjak
FRINGE Division

Originally posted by Kazenji
But he's retired now since someone managed to extract the infinity formula from him and has let his son take over.....Well from what i read about it anyway it happen with " Battle Scars, Shattered Heroes ".

Haven't read it. And that sucks that he isn't immortal anymore.

Now he'll have to possess the body of Samuel Jackson to stay alive. stick out tongue

Old Post May 25th, 2012 01:38 PM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

David Hasselhoff,"I Was The Ultimate Nick Fury"

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansi...y/news/?a=60414

Old Post May 26th, 2012 02:13 PM
Wonder Man
Most Powerful Avenger

Well this first segment has been focused on Loki.
If Nick Fury and Odin become Patch's contact in Madripoor it will make a good series for Marvel.

Ion: Sub-Atomic Power

Old Post Aug 30th, 2019 05:58 PM
Wonder Man is currently offline Click here to Send Wonder Man a Private Message Find more posts by Wonder Man Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote