KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Go Karting on Ice

Go Karting on Ice
Started by: Ratcat

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ratcat

Go Karting on Ice

Sounds dangerous? That's what I thought when it was suggested as an event for the end of project party for the Reading Job I was on but I just got back from Bracknell icerink and I have to say that it was a blast.

Basically we had the entire Icerink to ourselves with a track laid out from tyres and cones and 4 go-karts with studded tyres.

3 hours, and a hell of a lot of laps, later our team came 2nd out of 4 which seems quite respectable.

If you ever get the chance, go do it. It's a great night out.

(Oh, and there are some photo's so I might post them later.)

Old Post Jul 6th, 2001 04:44 AM
Ratcat is currently offline Click here to Send Ratcat a Private Message Find more posts by Ratcat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Sounds cool.

Did Ben beat you? laughing out loud

Old Post Jul 6th, 2001 12:36 PM
queeq is currently offline Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
keokiswahine
Confusion

Oh, darn, thought RC was having a heat stroke and dreaming of an ice challenge to keep cool. confused big grin

Old Post Jul 7th, 2001 12:06 PM
keokiswahine is currently offline Click here to Send keokiswahine a Private Message Find more posts by keokiswahine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

Nah, it was fun and it was a works thing just for staff so Ben missed out this time.

Now if I can just get the smell of 2 stroke out of my hair.

Lathered, rinse, repeat about 20 times and it's still there... sad

Old Post Jul 8th, 2001 04:02 AM
Ratcat is currently offline Click here to Send Ratcat a Private Message Find more posts by Ratcat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
keokiswahine
Confusion

try an apple cider vinegar rinse.

then you'll just smell like cider. laughing out loud

Old Post Jul 8th, 2001 11:27 AM
keokiswahine is currently offline Click here to Send keokiswahine a Private Message Find more posts by keokiswahine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

Hmmmmmmm, cider.... big grin

Old Post Jul 8th, 2001 05:10 PM
Edna Witch
Magic

Go karting on ice? Different! Never done it on ice but we did go gokarting in Newquay last thursday. That was great fun! But driving round in circles reaLLY isnt a good idea when you have 15 people with stinking hangovers at the wheels!

"This Party's Over" -Mace Windu, epII

Old Post Jul 13th, 2001 12:20 AM
Edna Witch is currently offline Click here to Send Edna Witch a Private Message Find more posts by Edna Witch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

I have to admit, the 2nd session, after dinner and a trip to the bar was more interesting than the first half.... rolling on floor laughing

Old Post Jul 13th, 2001 01:23 AM
Edna Witch
Magic

Oh yes it was certainly interesting. I didn't seem to be able to reach the brake very well which made things rather terrifying but I still went for it! Boy if we didn't feel ill before we went we certainly did afterwards!

"This Party's Over" -Mace Windu, epII

Old Post Jul 13th, 2001 01:29 AM
Edna Witch is currently offline Click here to Send Edna Witch a Private Message Find more posts by Edna Witch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

That's one of the interesting things about doing it on ice, first thing they tell you is to NOT use the brakes...

Old Post Jul 13th, 2001 02:16 AM
Pikachu
Little Yellow Mouse

I hope you don't drive like that normally.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2001 04:28 AM
Pikachu is currently offline Click here to Send Pikachu a Private Message Find more posts by Pikachu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

Well, not every day.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2001 05:02 AM
freeq

sad Watch out for crossing freeqs.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2001 01:07 PM
freeq is currently offline Click here to Send freeq a Private Message Find more posts by freeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

Yeah, they're a bugger to hit.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2001 03:37 PM
Zereil
Scoundrel

WHen go karting on Ice would you have those chain tyres or would it just the whole slide driving...

Old Post Jul 13th, 2001 03:39 PM
Zereil is currently offline Click here to Send Zereil a Private Message Find more posts by Zereil Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

The tires were studded.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2001 03:43 PM
Zereil
Scoundrel

Ah, now I'm intrigued, so what is the rpm that can be maintained and how fast is it possible to go relatively safely...

Old Post Jul 13th, 2001 03:58 PM
Zereil is currently offline Click here to Send Zereil a Private Message Find more posts by Zereil Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

I only went the one time. It cost over a £1000.00 to hire the rink for 2 hours!

They seemed pretty fast, as to RPM, I have no idea. They were you basic 2 stroke Go Kart with the studded tires instead on normal ones.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2001 06:25 PM
freeq

sad

SEE! RC IS a rich man.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2001 07:24 PM
freeq is currently offline Click here to Send freeq a Private Message Find more posts by freeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

Uh hum, actually it was an event arrange, AND PAID FOR, by my place of work. All I had to do was turn up and drive around like a maniac. Not a difficult taks for me, I assure you.

Old Post Jul 15th, 2001 05:12 AM