KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Soundtracks to Our Lives

Soundtracks to Our Lives
Started by: Ratcat

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ratcat

Soundtracks to Our Lives

Motivated by the recent conversations on music, kind if initiated by Finti and his lyrical quotes, I wondered if people find themselves listening to music that has a direct correlation to the events going on in their lives?

It is something that I do a lot.

Tracks I have found meanig in recently then include;

• Bon Jovi - Mystery Train, Just Older, Next 100 Years
  • Dido - Thank You, Hunter & I'm No Angel
  • Anastacia - I Ask of You, Who's Gonna Stop The Rain & Black Roses
  • The Corrs - Don't Say You Love Me, One Night
  • Kandi & Faith Evans - Easier
Incidently, I'd just like to point out, for the easily confused and mystified among us, that with all ribbing aside Finti has been quoting some seriously classic material there.

Old Post Jul 17th, 2001 06:19 PM
Ratcat is currently offline Click here to Send Ratcat a Private Message Find more posts by Ratcat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zereil
Scoundrel

Generally my life seems to have Tori Amos plaaying crucify but then again on occasion Robbie Williams Let me Entertain you with some BArry WHite. NOw and again generally after an argument I go with Queen and I'm going slightly mad. Then again I generally have more them music than actual songs. Particularly Rob D clubbed to death by the matrix but when in a hurry the asteroid melody from empire strikes back... anyway there you go...

Old Post Jul 17th, 2001 06:31 PM
Zereil is currently offline Click here to Send Zereil a Private Message Find more posts by Zereil Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

I like the last one!!!! laughing out loud

Old Post Jul 17th, 2001 06:40 PM
Ratcat is currently offline Click here to Send Ratcat a Private Message Find more posts by Ratcat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

hmm sometimes you feel at one with the music. With this I mean you play it for no reason but when you listen to it the music and it`s lyricks kind of fit your current situation. Maybe it is your subconscious that made you put on the certain track I dont know.
For the moment I play a lot of Travis and Sing and I do sing alot to Live smile
I hated Status Quo and -Your in the army now especially when I did my tour of duty in....the army(Song is a cover of Bolland a Dutch duo who had a hit with it in 83)

Old Post Jul 17th, 2001 09:59 PM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mechmoggy
Northern Monkey

Mood has a hell of a lot to do with whats on my stereo.

It's all loud when I'm getting ready to go out with the Beastie Boys or Leftfield.

It's cool and calm when I'm working with Bob Dylan, Stereophonics, Charlatans, Paul Weller or Travis

It's dark and moody when I am feeling low with the Sneaker Pimps or a good Ibiza chill out album.

I try to buy a good selection of music to compliment my moods. smokin'

Old Post Jul 17th, 2001 10:35 PM
mechmoggy is currently offline Click here to Send mechmoggy a Private Message Find more posts by mechmoggy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

U2's Some Days are Better than Others normslly goes pretty well for me.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Jul 18th, 2001 12:17 AM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

Eagles Hotel California always give me a kind of summer feeling. smokin'

Old Post Jul 18th, 2001 12:31 AM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediOasis
Better Man

Oasis-Don't Look Back in Anger, Carry Us All, and Stand By Me

Flickerstick-Lift, Smile and Got a Feeling

"I loved it the first time I saw it. It's goodies and baddies, cowboys and Indians in space. I was a child when it came out and it still appeals to me now. It is one of my favourite films ever and Darth Vader is best."
-Noel Gallagher

Old Post Jul 18th, 2001 08:41 AM
JediOasis is currently offline Click here to Send JediOasis a Private Message Find more posts by JediOasis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mechmoggy
Northern Monkey

If we are talking specific tracks, I have a recurring fantasy about walking down the street Reservoir Dogs style with my mates all dressed like G's to "Sure Shot" by the Beastie Boys. If anyone has seen the video to that song they'll know where I'm coming from.

Old Post Jul 18th, 2001 02:17 PM
mechmoggy is currently offline Click here to Send mechmoggy a Private Message Find more posts by mechmoggy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

I got another one.

Love Gives, Love Takes by the Corrs.

Old Post Jul 18th, 2001 06:08 PM
Pikachu
Little Yellow Mouse

I like my music with plenty of back bass. But when I want to chill out I currently listen to Toploader - onka's big moka.

Old Post Jul 18th, 2001 07:16 PM
Pikachu is currently offline Click here to Send Pikachu a Private Message Find more posts by Pikachu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Edna Witch
Magic

Well a couple of months ago it would have been "Feels like home" by Chantal Kreviazuk, now it is more sort of "Ironic" by Alanis Morrisette. And all my life it has been "weird" by Hanson (no I do not admit to having that album!) "Not alone anymore" by the Travelling Wilbury's is also pretty right at the moment.

And I think the first verse and chorus of "papercut" by Linkin Park is very appt for Ush! Hmmm. And "One step closer" by them is probably quite good for him too. I'll send you the words Ush.

"This Party's Over" -Mace Windu, epII

Old Post Jul 20th, 2001 01:12 AM
Edna Witch is currently offline Click here to Send Edna Witch a Private Message Find more posts by Edna Witch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

O..............k................

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Jul 20th, 2001 03:34 AM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Edna Witch
Magic

Well that sending has been a little delayed now but you will get it. Probably on saturday! Wont have time tomorrow.

"This Party's Over" -Mace Windu, epII

Old Post Jul 20th, 2001 03:49 AM
Edna Witch is currently offline Click here to Send Edna Witch a Private Message Find more posts by Edna Witch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

No time for Ush, that's ...... heartbreaking.

Old Post Jul 20th, 2001 02:38 PM
queeq
Chaos

*tears clothes and pours ashes over head*

Old Post Jul 20th, 2001 06:56 PM
queeq is currently offline Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gundark
Mayhem

Hmmmmm......in a contemplative mood, I usually go for U2's "Still" or Sting's "When the Angels Fall".

Getting ready to party: Van Halen "Keep talking bout love", Whitesnake's "Still of the Night", or some Def Leppard.

Dinner is usually Eric Clapton, Don Henley or Fleetwood Mac.

Late at night I listen to "Echoes" a program on public radio on all saturday night, after the Thistle & Shamrock.

Old Post Jul 20th, 2001 07:17 PM
Gundark is currently offline Click here to Send Gundark a Private Message Find more posts by Gundark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote