KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Well, we're all friends together here...

Well, we're all friends together here...
Started by: Ushgarak

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Well, we're all friends together here...

And we are. It must be said that when I first posted on a Star Wars forum I wasn't really thinking of the social side of things. Didn't take me long to be dragged into this weird and wonderful world, however, and soon, before I knew it, I had plenty of new friends. Isn't that great?

Some of you may just about have noticed that I have been getting on well with Edna Witch... well, all I can say is thanks a lot for giving me the opportunity to get to know her... Edna is visiting her sister in London these two days so she took time out today to come and visit me as well, and luckily it seems we got on as well in real life as we do on-line

I hasten to add that we are just friends; Edna has her own life back in Staffordshire, of course, but again I'd just like to thank you all, both for being on-line friends to me and for providing the means via which I have now become real friends with Edna.

Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you...

P.S. As I post this, Edna will still be on the train back to London but I am sure she will have her own comment to add in due course.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post May 31st, 2001 01:41 AM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

Hey, that's really cool news. It's great when you can meet up like that and discover that you get on as well offline as you do online.

I guess it just goes to show that you can make online friendships work. For all the joking I'd just like to say that I, for one, respect the fact that Edna and yourself have your own lives and that what you share is friendship. I may make the funnies about you two, but rest assured, I do understand that the kind of relationship you share is a platonic one.

So, who will be the next two to meet up??? Tune in to next weeks exciting episode. smile

Old Post May 31st, 2001 02:07 AM
Ratcat is currently offline Click here to Send Ratcat a Private Message Find more posts by Ratcat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Cheers man, much appreciated. It's an odd thing really, isn't it? Wouldn't have imagined it just a few months ago. But there you go, and I am the happier for it.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post May 31st, 2001 02:26 AM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

Well, on some levels I can understand that, as I'm sure you can appreciate, though the circumstances were somewhat different. Though I think the net result has ended up being about the same.

Old Post May 31st, 2001 02:41 AM
Ratcat is currently offline Click here to Send Ratcat a Private Message Find more posts by Ratcat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
keokiswahine
Confusion

This is so cool. So glad you met each other in person, and you're still friends. big grin

So, man, we need to hook up a visit for coffee, too. Well, we should all descend on you. evil face

Old Post May 31st, 2001 10:34 AM
keokiswahine is currently offline Click here to Send keokiswahine a Private Message Find more posts by keokiswahine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

Don't do it!!!! laughing out loud

Old Post May 31st, 2001 10:39 AM
keokiswahine
Confusion

RC, use your imagination, man wink roll eyes (sarcastic)

Just think of all the chaos, mayhem, and confusion with imaginaton we can fill Ush with. laughing out loud

Old Post May 31st, 2001 10:41 AM
keokiswahine is currently offline Click here to Send keokiswahine a Private Message Find more posts by keokiswahine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

Yeah, but I'd have a lot less distance to travel.... laughing out loud

Old Post May 31st, 2001 10:43 AM
keokiswahine
Confusion

confused roll eyes (sarcastic) stick out tongue

Old Post May 31st, 2001 10:49 AM
Ratcat

Which should give you an idea of my inclination to do so....

Old Post May 31st, 2001 10:56 AM
keokiswahine
Confusion

ok stick out tongue

Old Post May 31st, 2001 12:09 PM
Ratcat

stick out tongue to you too...

Old Post May 31st, 2001 12:59 PM
queeq
Chaos

Great news, Ush. I look forward to hearing Edna's response.

*starts practising wedding march again*

Old Post May 31st, 2001 01:11 PM
queeq is currently offline Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

Well, I think you'll probably have as much success with this online wedding as you did with the last one.

Crash and Burn queeqer, Crash and Burn.

Old Post May 31st, 2001 02:33 PM
finti

and I thought they were chaos and mayhem.
big grin

[ May 31, 2001: Message edited by: finti ]

Old Post May 31st, 2001 02:39 PM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

It was a what he was doing thing, not a what he is.

OK,

AermFORMAT Cerm /U

Hopefully back in two hours......

Old Post May 31st, 2001 02:43 PM
Ratcat

Yes, I live such an interesting life....

Old Post May 31st, 2001 05:04 PM
Dim
Creativity

That's great Ush, I'm glad things worked out so well. rolling on floor laughing rolling on floor laughing

As for an online wedding..lets not start with that again.

Old Post May 31st, 2001 06:19 PM
Dim is currently offline Click here to Send Dim a Private Message Find more posts by Dim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

Yeah, because it went soooooooo well last time. laughing out loud

Old Post May 31st, 2001 06:25 PM
queeq
Chaos

I went really well, too bad the...err...recipients cancelled last minute. laughing out loud

Old Post May 31st, 2001 06:33 PM
queeq is currently offline Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote