KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Moggy's swap-a-shop

Moggy's swap-a-shop
Started by: mechmoggy

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
mechmoggy
Northern Monkey

Moggy's swap-a-shop

As a follow on from my musical amnesty, I thought it would be a good idea to give each other the opportunity to hear about music we otherwise wouldn't have the chance to hear.

I bought the Linkin Park album on the strength of the odd play on Radio 1 and also the good report some of you lot gave it here.

If anyone out there likes Oasis type indie music I must advise you to purchase The Complete Stone Roses album. Ian Brown of the Stone Roses was singing with his hands behind his back in that nonchalent manor way before Liam had hit the scene. A lot of current indie bands credit the Roses with thier insperation.

Now give me some advice on which album I should buy and so on and so forth.... big grin

Old Post Jul 26th, 2001 05:24 PM
mechmoggy is currently offline Click here to Send mechmoggy a Private Message Find more posts by mechmoggy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
phinney6
consiglieri

I likie Bon Jovi

and I LLLLOOOOVVVVEEEEE the song "IRON MAN"

Old Post Jul 26th, 2001 07:17 PM
phinney6 is currently offline Click here to Send phinney6 a Private Message Find more posts by phinney6 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tex
Yumsz

People, if you have any taste at all, you must buy every single Smashing Pumpkins CD on the market! The pumpkins are amazing! There music is dark, depressing and moody, it's suicide music, I love it!

Old Post Jul 26th, 2001 10:38 PM
Tex is currently offline Click here to Send Tex a Private Message Find more posts by Tex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Edna Witch
Magic

If you like the pumpkins then you would probably like Red hot Chilli peppers and maybe counting crows. Colorblind by counting crows is a great one.

"This Party's Over" -Mace Windu, epII

Old Post Jul 26th, 2001 11:37 PM
Edna Witch is currently offline Click here to Send Edna Witch a Private Message Find more posts by Edna Witch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mechmoggy
Northern Monkey

Fave smashing pumpkins song is called 1978 (i think thats what its called anyway) always look through thier albums when I go CD shopping but can never find the one with that song on. It's so damn kewl.

Bon Jovi!!!!!! oh my.....

Any other musical advice?

Old Post Jul 27th, 2001 02:23 PM
mechmoggy is currently offline Click here to Send mechmoggy a Private Message Find more posts by mechmoggy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RED DRAGON

It's an older one, but I can definately recommend New Miserable Experience by the Gin Blossoms - think they've split now confused but the album's superb smokin' I'd also check out the Goo Goo Dolls. Oh, and anything by Michael Bolton laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud

Old Post Jul 27th, 2001 03:53 PM
RED DRAGON is currently offline Click here to Send RED DRAGON a Private Message Find more posts by RED DRAGON Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tex
Yumsz

Mechmoggy it's 1979, that song is on the Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness double cd. That CD rocks, it also has Zero, Thirity Three, and Bullet with Butterfly Wings on it.......it's my favorite cd smile

Old Post Jul 27th, 2001 08:03 PM
Tex is currently offline Click here to Send Tex a Private Message Find more posts by Tex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mechmoggy
Northern Monkey

Aah 1979, I was two then. Good song and not entirely a bad year, I had a scalectrix you know. rolling on floor laughing

Old Post Jul 31st, 2001 09:14 AM
finti

If you want good albums try
Jeff Buckley "Grace"
Clash "London Calling"
Police "Best Of"
Travis"Invisible band" cool smokin'

Old Post Jul 31st, 2001 09:29 AM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Finti knows all and has all.

Old Post Jul 31st, 2001 11:32 AM
queeq is currently offline Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote